[Fedoras of Salvation] - White Knights ITT

Moderator: redthirst

photodyer
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:48 am

You are most welcome, ham! Enjoy!! :cheers:
Righteous sig by NBW

Skaldic Master of Fiery Salvation

Common Sense is now a Mythic Rare.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:08 am

That is sweet!

redthirst
Tire Aficionado

Postby redthirst » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 am

Hey guys. Just thought I'd pop in before passing out and let y'all know that my big dick and I are happy that you're still thinking of us.

Night!
Originally posted by Dechs Kaison on MTGS
redthirst is redthirst, fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was the leader of the Fires of Salvation, the only clan I'm aware of to get modded off the forums so hard they made their own forums.

Degenerate? Sure. Loudmouth? You bet. Law abiding? No ****ing way.

Great guy to have around? Hell yes.
I love the D...

Fax
Newcomer

Postby Fax » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:38 am

Still working on the pictures from Italy, but I thought I'd share how a caricaturist in Florence saw me:

Pretty fuckin baller if I may say so myself.

Speaking of pictures 1: just took care of my entry in the Rogue's Gallery, great idea btw :cheers:
Speaking of pictures 2: when I'm totting a dSLR I get into sniper mode of "1 shot 1 kill" not really taking touristy photos, which sucks when it comes to showing pictures to friends and family. The photos I just uploaded of the Port in Genoa really illustrate this, but I like them nonetheless. Here's a link to my flickr stream if you're interested Miss Fax is in there too :p I promise the pictures of Florence should be more pretty than a bunch of cranes when I come around to finishing the edits.

Genoa and Florence are just amazing. So much history it's not even funny. It turned out the Aquarium was a no-go Valerio :( On the first try it was pouring down rain and there was still a two-hour queue, on the second try it was a four-hour queue :o Still I got to see a good old friend who lives in Genoa and he showed us around very knowledgeably. Beautiful palaces everywhere! Then Florence was incredible. Walking those galleries is fascinating (I'm running out of adjectives here, with reason). The statue of David will grab your eyes and not let them go,
especially the original - the (natural!) lighting in hall they put it in is perfect, probably because they built the place expressly for it. I really hope we manage to conserve all this patrimony for centuries to come.

Have a great weekend everyone :cheers:
Reach out and torch someone

Find me on MTGO under the same username

Speedbump
Newcomer

Postby Speedbump » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:16 am

1-2 drop at the PTQ. Fucking angry; because I got a game loss for turning up 1 minute late, because the 162 player tournament only has one toilet. Opponent then only got a warning for casting a Think Twice, drawing the card, then getting to tap his mana accordingly.

I'm going to get drunk and install Magic Online.
Scrubbiest Scrub of FoS.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:17 am

That is a nice caricature indeed. Reminds me of a certain artist's style, I just can't quite place my finger on his name.

Guys I am playing in a WMCQ tomorrow, could I get help in any final changes to this list?

[deck]Creatures:30
4 Rakdos Cackler
4 Stromkirk Noble
2 Stonewright
4 Ash Zealot
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Falkenrath Aristocrat
3 Ghor-Clan Rampager
3 Thundermaw Hellkite

Spells:4
4 Searing Spear

Lands:24
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
6 Mountain
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Stomping Ground
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Temple Garden

Sideboard:15
1 Kessig Wolf Run
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 Pillar of Flame
4 Domri Rade
2 Tribute to Hunger
3 Zealous Conscripts
[/deck]

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 am

1-2 drop at the PTQ. Fucking angry; because I got a game loss for turning up 1 minute late, because the 162 player tournament only has one toilet. Opponent then only got a warning for casting a Think Twice, drawing the card, then getting to tap his mana accordingly.

Shit that blows dude. I swear judges are sometimes high on crack nowadays.

Dane

Postby Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 am

So it's my 25th party tonight; does the clan want pictures?
Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.
I'm just amazed by how dumb you can consistently pretend to be.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 am

Still working on the pictures from Italy, but I thought I'd share how a caricaturist in Florence saw me:

Pretty fuckin baller if I may say so myself.

Speaking of pictures 1: just took care of my entry in the Rogue's Gallery, great idea btw :cheers:
Speaking of pictures 2: when I'm totting a dSLR I get into sniper mode of "1 shot 1 kill" not really taking touristy photos, which sucks when it comes to showing pictures to friends and family. The photos I just uploaded of the Port in Genoa really illustrate this, but I like
them nonetheless. Here's a link to my flickr stream if you're interested :) Miss Fax is in there too :p I promise the pictures of Florence should be more pretty than a bunch of cranes when I come around to finishing the edits.

Genoa and Florence are just amazing. So much history it's not even funny. It turned out the Aquarium was a no-go Valerio :( On the first try it was pouring down rain and there was still a two-hour queue, on the second try it was a four-hour queue :o Still I got to see a good old friend who lives in Genoa and he showed us around very knowledgeably. Beautiful palaces everywhere! Then Florence was
incredible. Walking those galleries is fascinating (I'm running out of adjectives here, with reason). The statue of David will grab your eyes and not let them go, especially the original - the (natural!) lighting in hall they put it in is perfect, probably because they built the place expressly for it. I really hope we manage to conserve all this patrimony for centuries to come.

Have a great weekend everyone :cheers:
Great posts, Fax! Glad to see another epic beard among us, and thanks so much for sharing the pics and caricature. Love the B&W...color so often takes the eye away from structure and composition. Love the racquet-ar pics as well...too cool! I envy you such a remarkable trip...I hope to get to travel in Europe some time in this life.
Righteous sig by NBW

Speedbump
Newcomer

Postby Speedbump » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 am

Shit that blows dude. I swear judges are sometimes high on crack nowadays.
I can understand if both were warnings, or both were game losses. I can't understand the penalty for taking a shit is greater than
casting a draw spell with the wrong mana. Even if the warning didn't matter, the game loss game 1 meant that I had to win 2-0 against Bant Run. I think that if I wasn't tilting from the game loss, I would have won that one with a better Skullcracktiming.

Magic Online Username: AtlasFoS
Speedbump, and all types of FoS/NZ/FoS+NZ were already taken. T_T
Scrubbiest Scrub of FoS.

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 am

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dammit,Dane--I almost got busted! I saw your post as a pop-up when I was posting and busted up laughing...my daughter blows right into the room and beelines for me saying "What's so funny? Let me see!" :o A quick, smug "No" got me a serious teenage eye-roll... ;-)
Righteous sig by NBW

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:52 am

Shit that blows dude. I swear judges are sometimes high
on crack nowadays.
I can understand if both were warnings, or both were game losses. I can't understand the penalty for taking a shit is greater than casting a draw spell with the wrong mana. Even if the warning didn't matter, the game loss game 1 meant that I had to win 2-0 against Bant Run. I think that if I wasn't tilting from the game loss, I would have won that one with a better Skullcracktiming.

Magic Online Username: AtlasFoS
Speedbump, and all types of FoS/NZ/FoS+NZ were already taken. T_T
Just FYI, there is a clan presence on MTGO (Fires of Salvation) that you can join. I don't often catch others on, but FoS is representing regardless.
Righteous sig by NBW

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:55 am

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.

I don't think you'll see what I will see though.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 am

@Sasky - Your list reminds me of a Jund-colored Dos Rakis "RakHammer" build in terms of the creature curve. I don't know how much you've tested, but you're likely slow versus BTE-based lists an underpowered against Farseek-driven decks. I may be wrong--perhaps your threat density can carry you--but if you get slowed down by chumps and wraths, you're likely to get outclassed without some proper removal. I'm far from the most experienced and talented here, but I did spend the past few months since GTC broke getting my ears pinned back with Dos Rakis enough to know that this meta is hard to run with this style of aggro.

I hope I'm dead wrong on everything here and that you come back from WMCQ and clock me over the head with a trophy! May your mana flow perfectly, and please report back!
Righteous sig by NBW

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:11 am

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.
Alright, Inigo...just wield that sword wisely!
Righteous sig by NBW

Dane

Postby Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 am

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.

That pic was a pretty good consolation prize.

Or should I say...booby prize? /imhilarioussrsly.

Dane

Postby Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:54 am

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dammit,Dane--I almost got busted! I saw your post as a pop-up when I was posting and busted up laughing...my daughter blows right into the room and beelines for me saying "What's so funny? Let me see!" :o A quick, smug "No" got me a serious teenage eye-roll... ;-)
Sorry man. I'll try to be more serious and dour from here on out.

I think we might encounter problems with that...

photodyer
Tire Aficionado

Postby photodyer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 am

No Dane...don't ever change!!! I swear this clan has skimmed at least 5 years off the top for me...all the laughter is unquestionably healthy! Have a great weekend, sir...
Righteous sig by NBW

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 am

Since I couldn't go to FNM tonight (both LGSs hosting Modern) I am on MTGO. Valdarith is the name, winning is my game. Just joined my first ever 8-man and won the first match with ease. Wish me luck!
Check out my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:57 am

So, I just barely squeezed out a 3-2 from FNM tonight with Mono-Whiteish aggro. Beat Bant Control, Orzhov Extort, and Esper Control. Lost to Jund Midrange and, well, Jund Midrange again.

I think I'll pack up my deck after tonight. This was the final list after much tweaking over the past few weeks:

[deck]White splash Red Aggro[/deck]

Won a pack and picked AVR, cracked nothing of note. Hope everyone else did better.
I suffer from a hummingbird-like tendency to adopt too many hobbies and jump between a small set of them constantly. It means that I know an awful lot about an awful lot, but I frequently have to spend a few weeks getting back into the groove of an old hobby (playing guitar for example) before I feel competent again.
You just described my life.
BTW...it's Friday--challenge report! I weighed in at 222 this morning--a 5-pound drop from last week! I'm stoked, because I've been too busy to do anything other than eat right and I'm still tracking well. I'm hoping now that the kids' activities are winding down for the school year, I can get more active and get up to my target loss of 1 pound/day. Not complaining by any means, but I'm
motivated at this point and would love to be close to 200 by my birthday.
Good job! :smileup: Five pounds a week certainly isn't anything to scoff at. Good stuff.

Dane

Postby Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 am

Won a pack and picked AVR, cracked nothing of note. Hope everyone else did better.
Shit....not me. Since it was the wife's week to work, I was stuck at home without the kids. The most exciting thing I did was go and sign us up for the DGM midnight pre-release. She had to play Simic last time, and it did NOT go well. I actually got my first choice (Gruul) and had a terrible pool, and was stacked up against someone who I'm fairly sure had done a little under the table card swapping with the people he was there with.

This time, we wanted to make sure we got the guilds we wanted...we're both running Orzhov, in part because Extort just feels so broken in limited, and in part because we don't have any Obzedats yet, and there's a
decent chance to get one in the guild pack.

I got the feeling when I went in that we were the first to sign up, so I think we'll be getting our picks...

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:17 am

Hay guise I'm streaming. Come watch me be bad at this game:

http://www.twitch.tv/valdarith

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:17 am

@Sasky - Your list reminds me of a Jund-colored Dos Rakis "RakHammer" build in terms of the creature curve. I don't know how much you've tested, but you're likely slow versus BTE-based lists an underpowered against Farseek-driven decks. I may be wrong--perhaps your threat density can carry you--but if you get slowed down by chumps and wraths, you're likely to get outclassed without some proper removal. I'm far from the most experienced and talented here, but I did spend the past few months since GTC broke getting my ears pinned back with Dos Rakis enough to know that this meta is hard to run with this style of aggro.

I hope I'm dead wrong on everything here and that you come back from WMCQ and clock me over the head with a trophy! May
your mana flow perfectly, and please report back!
Thanks photo! That is actually a pretty spot on assessment. I don't know why, but I have not faced problems with farseek-driven lists, even moreso post-board. The 4 and 5 drops carry me most of the way, as well as GCR. But against bte-based aggro this list is indeed a little too slow. I will keep your words in mind and see what I can do tonight.

Let's see how it fares tomorrow. Even if I do badly it will be a learning experience, and I am playing a deck I like. :) And there are 2 more wmcqs to go too.

Also, I heard boobs.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:37 am

2-0 after going 2-0 against UWR midrange. Hooray!

Why is my stream not showing up under MTGO on Twitch?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 am

You can set the game you're streaming in your twitch dashboard.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:47 am

Alright guys, I have this list for tomorrow that I want your help with. It's ye olde GW Humans.

[deck]Creatures (32)
3 Dryad Militant
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2 Deranged Outcast
4 Mayor of Avabruck
2 Champion of Lambholt
2 Frontline Medic
3 Riders of Gavony
1 Angelic Overseer
1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

Spells (7)
3 Rancor
4 Travel Preparations

Land (23)
4 Cavern of Souls
5 Forest
4 Plains
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Temple Garden
2 Gavony Township

Sideboard (15)
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
3 Fiend Hunter
2 Rhox Faithmender
2 Slayer of the Wicked
3 War Priest of Thune
2 Rest in Peace
[/deck]

Idea is to dump +1/+1 counters on across some relevant threats and get in there. The mana feels pretty good, Cavern hitting all but 7 spells in the whole deck is nice. I'm a little soft to board wipes even with 4 Thalia, not sure what
the best way to fix that is.

Earlier during playtesting against Esper I managed to blow out my opponent with Angel of Glory's Rise really hard, the look on my friend's face was so worth it. Slayer of the Wicked has also been good vs. Jund and Aristocrats.
Last edited by Alex on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 am

Earlier during playtesting against Esper I managed to blow out my opponent with Angel of Glory's Rise really hard, the look on my friend's face was so worth it.
That is wicked. "Would you like to flip the table? Or shall I do it for you?"

As for your list, I like it. It's pretty creative.

Maybe:
-1 Thalia +1 Silverblade Paladin/medic?

I didn't even run 4 Thalias in my zoo deck when seething song was legal in modern. She tends to be redundant at 4 copies. Slverblade or medic gives you another 3-drop to accelerate into from pilgrim.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 am

Alright guys, I have this list for tomorrow that I want your help with. It's ye olde GW Humans.

[deck]Creatures (32)
3 Dryad Militant
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2 Deranged Outcast
4 Mayor of Avabruck
2 Champion of Lambholt
2 Frontline Medic
3 Riders of Gavony
1 Angelic Overseer

Spells (6)
3 Rancor
4 Travel Preparations

Land (23)
4 Cavern of Souls
5 Forest
4 Plains
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Temple Garden
2 Gavony Township

Sideboard (15)
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
3 Fiend Hunter
2 Rhox Faithmender
2 Slayer of the Wicked
3 War Priest of Thune
2 Rest in Peace
[/deck]

Idea is to dump +1/+1 counters on across some relevant threats and get
in there. The mana feels pretty good, Cavern hitting all but 6 spells in the whole deck is nice. I'm a little soft to board wipes even with 4 Thalia, not sure what the best way to fix that is.

Earlier during playtesting against Esper I managed to blow out my opponent with Angel of Glory's Rise really hard, the look on my friend's face was so worth it. Slayer of the Wicked has also been good vs. Jund and Aristocrats.
Ulvenwald Tracker works nicely as pseudo-removal in a deck such as this.

Rubblebelt Raiders could work here, too?

Wild Beastmaster and Hamlet Captain are both nice, as well.

And Y U no love Sigarda, Host of Herons more? You can swing one more on your curve, I think. Maybe even a full set. She's amazing. Your opponent can hardly interact with her. She is my pet card, though. So, I'm a tad biased. But, still.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:20 am

Earlier during playtesting against Esper I managed to blow out my opponent with Angel of Glory's Rise really hard, the look on my friend's face was so worth it.
That is wicked. "Would you like to flip the table? Or shall I do it for you?"

As for your list, I like it. It's pretty creative.

Maybe:
-1 Thalia +1 Silverblade Paladin/medic?

I didn't even run 4 Thalias in my zoo deck when seething song was legal in modern. She tends to be redundant at 4 copies. Slverblade or medic gives you another 3-drop to accelerate into from pilgrim.
I'm
actually thinking probably more like -1 Thalia +1 Rancor.

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 am

@Z: As long as we see enough, that is acceptable. Enjoy!

@Dane: /yourehilarious

Just got back from FNM, went 3-2 out of like 18 guys and ended up with 7th. I played All-In Red with a white splash for Charm, and I was very very happy with how the deck performed, and will be writing up a tournament report tomorrow....after I come back from SNM (Saturday Noon Magic :D ), where I will have EVEN MORE juicy playtesting results. Won enough to either pay my entry fee for tomorrow, or buy some cards...I decided to buy a playset of Stromkirk, since I had been borrowing the ones I'm using.

Feels good to own RDW again. Feels good.

That being said, g'night gentlemen! As ham would say, stay redthirsty my friends.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:11 am

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=49441#p49441:2sns5i4a]zemanjaski » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:55 am[/url:2sns5i4a]":2sns5i4a][quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=49432#p49432:2sns5i4a]Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:43 pm[/url:2sns5i4a]":2sns5i4a][quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=49350#p49350:2sns5i4a]zemanjaski » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 pm[/url:2sns5i4a]":2sns5i4a]So it's my 25th party tonight; does the clan want pictures?[/quote:2sns5i4a]

Will there be boobs?

I hope there's boobs.[/quote:2sns5i4a]
[img:2sns5i4a]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/ ... 1d1906.jpg[/img:2sns5i4a]

I don't think you'll see what I will see though.[/quote:2sns5i4a]

I swear I read "Panties".

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 am

"Oh... I win... WTF am I thinking?"
I love it when things like this happen XD

Christen
Tire Aficionado

Postby Christen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Back from WMCQ with a disappointing 2-4 drop. I didn't feel like playing the remaining 3 rounds and win them just to get 3 packs. I decided to go home earlier and evaluate my losses today and decide on how to go from there regarding tomorrow's PTQ.

Wins:
- Jund Aggro
- Naya Midrange

Losses:
- Wolf Run Bant
- Esper Control
- Jund Staticaster
- 4C Reanimator

Misplay of the day:
- there was only one and it was during the Esper Control match. I had 2x BTE and Firefist Strike in play with the opponent sitting on 3 land. I stupidly decided to cast Ash Zealot and attack for 8. Next turn I was met with a verdict. I dropped BTE and Legion Loyalist next turn. He dropped a Sorin. I had no hasty creature in hand, and so he stabilized with Sorin. It's possible that I wouldn't have won anyway since his next drops were a hard cast Terminus, Witchbane Orb, and Obzedat. However, it might still have went my way.

There is
still merit in running Boros Reckoner maindeck due to midrange.

So anyway, I'm contemplating on running Gruul Hammer or Alex's flashy Boros tomorrow.

Dane

Postby Dane » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:28 pm

You fuckers are up too early. Last post is timestamped 4:12 for me...

That's AM, assholes.

Learn to sleep when I'm sleeping.

Helios
Tire Aficionado

Postby Helios » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Sorry Dane, the Fires of Salvation are always burning. Can't stop the fire.

I'm off to play in a Saturday FNM.

Christen
Tire Aficionado

Postby Christen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Saturday Friday Night Magic.

edit: or Saturday Fire Night Magic.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Morning/afternoon/whatever, red ones. I'm thinking of switching back to RDW for a while.

[deck]RDW[/deck]

It's been a while since I piloted RDW. Any changes to be made? Feel free to mock me for any stupid choices. I'm off my game.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Kaze, maindeck those Pyreheart Wolves!

- 1x Mountain
- 2x Volley
- 1x Conscripts

+ 4x Pyreheart Wolf

Sideboard:
3x Flames of the Firebrand
2x Hound of Griselbrand
2x Thundermaw or Conscript (your choice but I'd probably choose Conscripts since its good against almost anything right now)
2x Frostburn Weird
4x Mizzium Mortars
2x Hellion Crucible
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Valdarith
Tire Aficionado

Postby Valdarith » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm

"Oh... I win... WTF am I thinking?"
I love it when things like this happen XD
Yeah, I was literally facepalming myself after that. I blame tiredness and a tendency to overthink at times. It's like there are times that I'm so scared to make the wrong decision that I miss the obvious play,
but that will go away with time.
Morning/afternoon/whatever, red ones. I'm thinking of switching back to RDW for a while.

[deck]RDW[/deck]

It's been a while since I piloted RDW. Any changes to be made? Feel free to mock me for any stupid choices. I'm off my game.
After a lot of testing from me I've come to the conclusion that you cannot go without Pyreheart Wolf. I've been having success running a 3/3 split of Wolf to Reckoner. I actually side my Reckoners out against decks heavy in black removal or even control decks where I need to speed up my deck.

I
like siding in with a midrange/control setup postboard. It's been a lot of fun steamrolling aggro mirrors and midrange decks that think they have an easy win against me.

Here's my deck:

[deck=Valdarith's RDW]
Creatures (28)
4 Stromkirk Noble
3 Rakdos Cackler
3 Stonewright
4 Ash Zealot
4 Gore-House Chainwalker
3 Boros Reckoner
3 Pyreheart Wolf
4 Hellrider

Spells (10)
3 Pillar of Flame
4 Searing Spear
3 Brimstone Volley

Lands (22)
21 Mountain
1 Hellion Crucible

Sideboard (15)
1 Hellion Crucible
4 Mizzium Mortars
3 Hound of Griselbrand
3 Flames of the Firebrand
2 Frostburn Weird
1 Pillar of Flame
1 Stonewright
[/deck]

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Everyone should just run Khaos deck wins variants for MonoRed until it starts to lose. I would if I didn't love green/loan my bonfires to my GF for her deck.

Good news: Getting more friends into standard for more fun Standard nights (since I work on Friday nights now sadly). One friends running "Flux Capacitor" deck and is actually pretty interesting for a combo deck.

Bad news: I cracked my last Five-Alarm fucking fire from prize packs. I seriously have gotten this card every single time I've prized out all the way back to GP Charlotte I swear. I'm done, store-credit only from here on out, buy/trade for those damn reckoners.

Return to “Fires of Salvation”