Open Site Blathering (formerly Advice from iridium ITT)

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:17 pm

this party is really hotting up

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 pm

The miracles that could happen in life if people just spat out what they meant, instead of double talking would never cease to amaze me.
That is all we ever wanted :apirate:

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 pm

stop responding to kcw you cunts

NoHomers
Newcomer

Postby NoHomers » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Also, if that's what NoHomer thinks, he should just say it. The miracles that could happen in life if people just spat out what they meant, instead of double talking would never cease to amaze me.
Is it really that hard to understand? You're admitting that you're basing ban/unban decisions on things that are said outside of MTGS. Does that include reddit? Twitter? Where does your boundary stop? Why not take the logical next step and start banning people for things they say outside of MTGS in an effort to prevent drama?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm

hey sene how's your saturday going

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Also, if that's what NoHomer thinks, he should just say it. The miracles that could happen in life if people just spat out what they meant, instead of double talking would never cease to amaze me.
Is it really that hard to understand? You're admitting that you're basing ban/unban decisions on things that are said outside of MTGS. Does that include reddit? Twitter? Where does your boundary stop? Why not take the logical next step and start banning people for things they say outside of MTGS in an effort to prevent drama?
Who are you dude? :sherlock:

Like you obviously don't know what you are talking
about because The Last Line already happened.{Punishing people for things they say/Do outside of MTGS}

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=26926#p26926:j72wooxy]NoHomers » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 am[/url:j72wooxy]":j72wooxy][quote:j72wooxy]Also, if that's what NoHomer thinks, he should just say it. The miracles that could happen in life if people just spat out what they meant, instead of double talking would never cease to amaze me.[/quote:j72wooxy]

Is it really that hard to understand? You're admitting that you're basing ban/unban decisions on things that are said outside of MTGS. Does that include reddit? Twitter? Where does your boundary stop? Why not take the logical next step and start banning people for things they say outside of MTGS in an effort to prevent drama?[/quote:j72wooxy]

Where did I say that? Please show me where I said: "We base our ban decisions on things outside of MTGS", or get out.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:37 pm

I have been told that myq attitude toward staff on this website shows that I have no desire to be a productive member of society. How bout that?

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I don't think this website was necessary for that decision to come to pass, and from what I have read, your action here was just icing on the cake.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Hahahahaha never change d00d

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't think this website was necessary for that decision to come to pass, and from what I have read, your action here was just icing on the cake.
If [the staff] are basing ban decisions on whether or not a member is a productive poster, why are there any non-banned OP rumor mill posters? :V
Where did I say that? Please show me where I said: "We base our ban decisions on things outside of MTGS", or get out.
1. You hold no sway here. Telling someone to "get
out" is not your call. Turn off the internet tough guy act, you sound like a fucking child playing Halo on xbox live.
2. He's referring to Nai's response to kpaca's appeal, you being a part of the staff that published that decision; if you read ITT instead of spouting off condescendingly, you would be aware of that and the context his remark is made in.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:51 pm

*shrugs*. I merely go by what I observe. Whether you come back or not won't cause me any disruption. You were fine in the mafia section, so I personally would have no issue with you coming back.

I shouldn't be surprised by your response though, but I would recommend you read Az's posts about the style you chose to go with this fight and realize the man is making a lot of sense (they are the 3 posts I thanked, not named admin).

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:56 pm

*shrugs*. I merely go by what I observe. Whether you come back or not won't cause me any disruption. You were fine in the mafia section, so I personally would have no issue with you coming back.

I shouldn't be surprised by your response though, but I would recommend you read Az's posts about the style you chose to go with this fight and realize the man is making a lot of sense (they are the 3 posts I thanked, not named admin).
Bruh, even when I try to be real civil everyone assumes I'm being nice to them to "better troll them", so I figure why bother.

Regardless requiring me to have a pro tgs attitiude across the interwebs is patently ridiculous, and completely unsurprising.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm

If [the staff] are basing ban decisions on whether or not a member is a productive poster, why are there any non-banned OP rumor mill posters? :V
1. You hold no sway here. Telling someone to "get out" is not your call. Turn off the internet tough guy act, you sound like a fucking child playing Halo on xbox live.
2. He's referring to Nai's response to kpaca's appeal, you being a part of the staff that published that decision; if you read ITT instead of spouting off condescendingly, you would be aware of that and the context his remark is made in.
I am well aware what he is referring to, reading the appeal thread myself. You have also been on staff total longer than I have, so perhaps you could shed some light on why the rumor mill was never touched.

1. You couldn't resist calling a staff member a child, could you?
You accused me of being a child, did everything you accused me of, and showed you can't think logically. Yes, I told him to get out. Whether he does or not, we both know I can't do anything about, but if you don't understand that the way he posts makes it very intimidating for other moderators (that some of you so desperately want to come here) to post here, and I simply want that to stop, than you clearly are making me out to be someone else.

2. I have read the appeal. We both know the only person who can share post by post in that appeal is Kpaca/Jones. Why don't you drop the name-calling and talk? All your doing is proving how feeble it is to try and have a reasonable conversation.

@Jones: I don't expect you to believe this, but there was a growing support to allow you back.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Where did
I say that? Please show me where I said: "We base our ban decisions on things outside of MTGS", or get out.
You said it here: http://community.ist.utl.pt/viewtopic.p ... 410#p13410 and then again here: http://community.ist.utl.pt/viewtopic.p ... 142#p20142 and hinted at it here: http://community.ist.utl.pt/viewtopic.p ... 107#p21107
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:12 pm

People are just going to let Nohomers throw Grenades then. Way to go guys.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:19 pm

For the record I don't understand TIK saying that Nohomers is scaring off people when NoHomers was created like Yesterday but whatever.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm mostly here to figure out what's happening, really, having a bunch of pissed users on their own forums doesn't really make sense and we can probably fix it, we'll just have to take it one step at a time and see what we can do.
Are you going to do anything about Teia? Unless you like having mods on staff who think the users should eat a bag of dicks.
Oh Nvnm He's a troll that's so bland I completely forgot he existed.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Asking if something is going to be done about Teia is a legitimate question.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 pm

[quote="[url=viewtopic.php?p=26953#p26953:3c4lf3bj]The Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm[/url:3c4lf3bj]":3c4lf3bj] but if you don't understand that the way he posts makes it very intimidating for other moderators (that some of you so desperately want to come here) to post here[/quote:3c4lf3bj]
Just a small nickpick, the way I see it, when someone mentions guest Galspanic or Guest Nai browsing here, it doesn't necessary means that one is desperate to have them grace this thread with their wisdom. I think it is more of an implied criticism of their passive-aggressive trend of being scared/not willing to interact with people on an online medium because feelings, hence leading to a no small part of the problems and "misunderstandings" people have been so vocal about. To be more specific, I'm talking about Galspanic putting his words in the mouths of the former
guttermods after banning them from saying their piece on MTGS after he admitted to being scared at posting here/contacting people by PM here, and making his own decisions about the fate of the Zombie Gutter pass as our own, and Nai being too much of a coward (I'm sorry for the harsh words, but I honestly couldn't find a milder term which would still remain accurate) to tell kpaca and Kijjin that the Gutter had to go after his "misunderstanding" of Curse's will, instead tasking GR with doing the dirty deeds, then doing like 6months of detective work trying to uncover the malicious leak that fed "wrong" information to kpaca and kijin, hence leading to their ban.

Personally I think Galspanic and Nai should mind their own business and go moderate artwork and the Colosseum, given their poor performance when dealing with sitewide issues. I have personally no particular desire to see them post here (yet wouldn't mind if they did either).
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:01 pm

My read on the staff right now is that aside from the people who just never got along with the gutter, there's a lot of them who are just plain psychologically traumatized by how badly things have gone for them lately. And they're afraid that if the gutterites come back, you'll continue mind-raping them/the site into depression, bringing the drama back with you.

A lot of those guys had fragile egos to begin with, and some of them are kind of curled up in the fetal position more than they're taking an objective view of whether anyone's bannings were completely fair. And others are probably
just taking a pragmatic, realpolitik sort of view that the gutterities being gone means things should run more smoothly.

Don't really expect anyone here to feel sorry for them, but that's where a good number of them seem to be at right now. Gutter=drama=mean people=pain=bad.

Hence, they want assurances that anyone who comes back will play nice and not drop poison in the water supply.
To be honest, you all aren't really giving them any good reason to reconsider. As far as butthurt goes, armchair psychology is pretty fucking high on the list of passive-aggressive behaviors. And making a new site and spending most of your public posts bitching about where you came from is not much lower on the list.
The quality of mercy is not strained, it droppeth as a gentle rain upon the place beneath.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Harkius is a man, and a celcus, pax americana.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Forgiving isn't relevant. Righting something you screwed up doesn't take "Extra Feelings" It's a normal part of life for most well adjusted people.

You mess something up; You admit you messed up without making a huge deal about it and you move on with what you can do to fix it.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Show me exactly where I called you a name, The Guardian, otherwise get out.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Well this has turned a bit sour...........

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

I am well aware what he is referring to, reading the appeal thread myself. You have also been on staff total longer than I have, so perhaps you could shed some light on why the rumor mill was never touched.
:V
You accused me of being a child, did everything you accused me of, and showed you can't think logically.
Why don't you drop the name-calling and talk? All your doing is proving how feeble it is to try and have a reasonable conversation.
Because you've come in here out of the blue to start throwing chairs at trolls and people who've provided you with actual answers to your questions while complaining about how no one can be civil. If you want to be respected, command respect, don't roll around and throw mud and complain about how dirty everything is.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Christ on a Bike.

@Harkius: Okay, let's play it your way. What act of supplication is the Gutter capable of that would 'Salve the wounds?
@Shalako: Forgiveness is very relevant here. Trust me on this one.
@Thrillho: Can you please be more of a dick? I need TheGuardian in a place of pure emotion to prove my point, and he's claiming to be a man of little emotional investment, your latest posts are good but I fear you'll have to troll harder. You have it in you, I know it.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:56 pm

The guy came into a conversation with guns drawn and is now complaining about hard it is to walk around without people shooting back at you.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

I had to coax him in, actually.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm clearly willing to be patient and calm, but if you walk in here issuing orders and blowfishing online like that means anything, frankly you can go fuck yourself.

Sir Sapphire the 3rd
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Kick a dog in the head many times... it bites. Whos at fault. the dog? Or the dumb fucks who kept kicking him.
I just shit post and get blocked on the twatters

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 pm

did you tell him "take this the way is not safe to go alone" before doing so?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 pm

did you tell him "take this the way is not safe to go alone" before doing so?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I do seriously want to apologize to you The Guardian; I do think you're acting childish, like an Internet Tough Guy, and like your position of authority on MTGS means anything here (and while responding to an obvious troll). But at the same time, I could not feed off of your ire and instead calmly tell you to take a chill pill before throwing chairs at people (and preferably not throw chairs at people if that's an option). Sorry for being mad at you on the internet, that's a shitty thing to do. Please don't jump in this conversation with a half cocked gun because it usually takes us at least a half dozen posts before we start getting pissed off over the course of a discussion and setting the record early on when entering this dialog is not a record that is worth setting.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Also when I post :V after a not serious question based on a serious answer you're giving, I'm not being serious about the comment I'm making. kpaca is being chided for not adding worthwhile content to MTGS, which is not a valid strike to make against someone when the major traffic driver to the site is an entire area of the forum where users primarily post content that is not worth reading or worthwhile than to chime in a near-zero value... opinion? comment? urine in a sea of it? Jokes. IDK man what are they.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Christ on a Bike, like I told before, despite the fact that The Guardian has been a tad too confrontational for comfort, he did get drawn into this discussion by Pendulum. like Thrillho you've clearly not helped this time.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Meh, go easy on him Scumbag. TheGuardian is obviously here to tell us something, but he keeps hitting a roadblock in his own responsibilities; I'm trying to tell him he doesn't have to be scared of the others here, but simply pissing him off until he blurts it out is a legitimate tack.

kingcobweb
Newcomer

Postby kingcobweb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 pm

If Galspanic stopped behaving akin to a "Village Simpleton" maybe I'd feel less inclined to call him out on his passive/agressive ways. Except that everyone lost a crapton of time with his willing to "fix things" (like calling back kcw to make "the last Gutter post(TM)")
what
use the search function
he never called me back for
anything you idiot

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:53 pm

You accused me of being a child, did everything you accused me of, and showed you can't think logically.
Why don't you drop the name-calling and talk? All your doing is proving how feeble it is to try and have a reasonable conversation.
Because you've come in here out of the blue to start throwing chairs at trolls and people who've provided you with actual answers to your questions while complaining about how no one can be civil. If you want to be respected, command respect, don't roll around and
throw mud and complain about how dirty everything is.
Lets not fool people with person.
Kick a dog in the head many times... it bites. Whos at fault. the dog? Or the dumb fucks who kept kicking him.
Your not a dog, your a person.
The guy came into a conversation with guns drawn and is now complaining about hard it is to walk around without people shooting back at you.
You like analogies so much. I came in with my hands empty, Homer threw a grenade while the rest of you watched. I confronted the person, and you justify his response.

[
quote="Thrillho"]I'm clearly willing to be patient and calm, but if you walk in here issuing orders and blowfishing online like that means anything, frankly you can go fuck yourself.[/quote]
I called one person out, you decided to attack. And if you think I believe what I am elsewhere has any say here, you clearly misunderstood me.
I do seriously want to apologize to you The Guardian; I do think you're acting childish, like an Internet Tough Guy, and like your position of authority on MTGS means anything here (and while responding to an obvious troll). But at the same time, I could not feed off of your ire and instead calmly tell you to take a chill pill before throwing chairs at people (and preferably not throw chairs at people if that's an option). Sorry for being mad at you on the internet, that's a shitty thing to do. Please don't jump in this conversation with a half cocked gun because it usually takes us at least a half dozen
posts before we start getting pissed off over the course of a discussion and setting the record early on when entering this dialog is not a record that is worth setting.
I think you are wrong. I am not trying to be an authority figure, and I can only assume you think because I wear a bolded tag, I believe that. I apologize if my actions may have not shown what I meant, or implied otherwise. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with someone throwing grenades, and I was annoyed that no one seemed to stopped him. To me, that felt like I was dealing with an entire hive mind, not a single person (I didn't look at his history like Shalako did, so I should have known better).

Return to “Blathering Archives”