--- Dies To Removal --- MTGO Clan

Online Magic formats (MODO/Cockatrice/Apprentice/MWS/Duels of the Planeswalkers)

Moderator: ( G_R )

Elricity
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Elricity » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 pm

I noticed, a 3-1 was only 15.3 tickets. This getting up at 5 AM is rough right now but I think I can keep it up to grind more games. I'll format my latest videos tonight. Made the questionable decision to board in keening apparation and board out the other creatures vs burn mirror using eidolon and slammed it out turn 2 into searing blood. Turned out he ended the game full of chains and bloods so keening should have stayed out. My thought was I could trade for it at no damage cost at any point or it eats a burn spell. How do you play against the mirror now that you're not using eidolon? Just kill it asap?

Pedros
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pedros » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 pm

I have no idea why all prices dropped.
Sig by NerdBoyWonder

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Aliens

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:44 am

Aliens
Beside the all-powerful Aliens, I notice this downward tread happening after DT which was when all the new formats popped up (unless these were already up before DT, I've only logged in once this week for 3 hours) - so my best guess is the limited players are mainly focusing on the Vintage Master/other limited formats which drops the demand for boosters.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks for the Wondershare recommendation, was reasonably priced.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:00 am

475 MB for a 30 minute video at 2000kbs. Going to hope that's enough quality because I cringe uploading double that size.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 am

475 MB for a 30 minute video at 2000kbs. Going to hope that's enough quality because I cringe uploading double that size.
I use to use Camstudio, a 30 minute video from them is 1.4 gigs :P

@Kait: Did you find out if you qualified for MOCS2's appreciation event? Cause if you didn't I'll be very pleased if you play my one for me (offering the same deal as I did with IO2) :D

P.S. I think it would be interesting if you record the event and put it on the front page, what way you can show us limited scrubs how too draft (if you hit top8) and how too build a solid deck from a seal pool.
n
p.s.s. VM Black Lotus selling for $120, good time too be a limited player...... Force of Will down too $22 <--- this burns.....

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:12 pm

I use to use Camstudio, a 30 minute video from them is 1.4 gigs :P
Eek. Well, about 12 hours of uploading (I'm slow), I got them up and at least HD is an option now. Not the clearest so I'll raise the quality again.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:01 am

I've been doing a few vintage masters 8-4s an. This format is weird. I've built a couple awesome decks but haven't won one yet :/
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:05 am

Pack prices are going even lower, down to 14.5 tickets for a 3-1 win. Wish I'd had a chance to play a couple of weeks ago.

Lost my 2nd DE 2-2 vs RDW. Game 1 I scried down land 5 on turn 4 with phoenix, 2 charms, shock, helix in hand. Proceeded to draw two more phoenix and was never able to cast phoenix plus burn to just destroy him so he nibbled me to death. Game 2 I keep searing blood/YP with 1 helix and other removal in hand instead of actively digging for more helix or any chains. Phoenix nibbles me to death while my single token and 3 to him do nothing important. First time that's happened but entirely preventable if I'd planned my scries ahead beyond "this card is good against their deck/castable/isn't 5th land".

At least I'm up 2.5 tickets. Heh.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:56 pm

I've been doing a few vintage masters 8-4s an. This format is weird. I've built a couple awesome decks but haven't won one yet :/
I heard from the grapevine that it doesn't matter if you win or lose an event with VM because every booster is a money booster, is this true?
Pack prices are going even lower, down to 14.5 tickets for a 3-1 win. Wish I'd had a chance to play a couple of weeks ago.

Lost my 2nd DE 2-2 vs RDW. Game 1 I scried down land 5 on turn 4 with phoenix, 2 charms, shock, helix in hand.
Proceeded to draw two more phoenix and was never able to cast phoenix plus burn to just destroy him so he nibbled me to death. Game 2 I keep searing blood/YP with 1 helix and other removal in hand instead of actively digging for more helix or any chains. Phoenix nibbles me to death while my single token and 3 to him do nothing important. First time that's happened but entirely preventable if I'd planned my scries ahead beyond "this card is good against their deck/castable/isn't 5th land".

At least I'm up 2.5 tickets. Heh.
**** I didn't sell ALL my BNG and JOU from two weeks ago :gonk:

Hopefully once the VM period ends the prices will return (I STILL need to offload many many THS boosters).

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Yeah I should probably wise up and take a little break but at least I'm breaking even and I could use more practice, particularly with sideboarding.

Rhyno

Postby Rhyno » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 am

I guess I'm taking a break for a little bit, even winning an 8 man 50% of the time is bad EV and I'm not confident enough as a newer player to play VM.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:40 am

I heard from the grapevine that it doesn't matter if you win or lose an event with VM because every booster is a money booster, is this true?
not really, no. I've been pretty lucky and pulled some duals but you still need to win sometimes to make money

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:21 am

I know this is really belated but if you havn't read it yet here is an article about the list which won the MOCS1 App. Event and the thought process behind it: Article.

P.S. Owen from CFB won it btw, hopefully for this week event we can have Kait take it.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 am

Prices still tanking, a 3-1 would now be 13.6 tickets. I'm actually offloading some of my standard cards that are either leaving rotation or I don't expect to go up (Satyr firedancer, looking at you).

Nezeru
Newcomer

Postby Nezeru » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:14 am

Hey, can I get a DtR clan invite? Not sure how clans really work on modo but I think it keeps track of boosters we win or something is that right? I'm testing boros burn for GP Chicago this weekend, but my main moneymaker is Modern with various mono blue decks.

Name on MTGO: cbgirardo

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:05 am

They just count all the boosters which we win together, app. they're still working on the "League Support" which supports clan related events..... (Leagues was on MODO before but they removed it to work on bugs which app. takes YEARS too fix, this was before I started playing MODO so I have no idea how leagues really work).

LaZerBurn
Tire Aficionado

Postby LaZerBurn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:24 am

Hey, can I get a DtR clan invite? Not sure how clans really work on modo but I think it keeps track of boosters we win or something is that right? I'm testing boros burn for GP Chicago this weekend, but my main moneymaker is Modern with various mono blue decks.

Name on MTGO: cbgirardo
Sent you an invite :)
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the awesome sig :)

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:58 am

Holy Molly what has been happening too the MODO meta game while I was away??? Jund has over taken Bx Devotion, Control got pushed down into 5th place Ux Devo is back (not surprisingly).

JOU is also selling for under $2 which is HORRIBLE for grinders and THS hasn't reached that magic number yet T_T.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:29 am

Looks like the MOCS2 App. Event player pool is REALLY small so hitting into money should be much easier - no Owen in this event but at least Sam Pardee is playing in it.

Looking forward too the results :D

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

So how long does vintage masters go on? I gather all the drafters got pulled away from standard which is why packs are tanking in price.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 am

So how long does vintage masters go on? I gather all the drafters got pulled away from standard which is why packs are tanking in price.
After DT on July the 2nd ;-)

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:50 am

Is that one I qualified for?
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:03 am

i am just wondering i am going to be playing for you in something i q'd for. that would be....

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 am

i am just wondering i am going to be playing for you in something i q'd for. that would be....
I didn't see your name in MOCS2 App. Event (not many people manage to hit 35 QP for that in (less then 200 people worldwide :o) but double check anyway you may have got in) I think you made it into two events between: MOCS3-MOCS5 but I can't recall.

Z will be playing in MOCS4 which I think the entire clan made it in for :D so that will be a party, I'm not sure about MOCS3 or MOCS5 though you'll need to double check too see what you got 35 QP for.

Here is a recap:
I need some help from our online LIMITED masters.

Here is whats happening!! For every event which we got 35 QP or more in during MOCS1-6 we get a FREE sealed event with PRIZES

In my case that would be for MOCS1-5 (I only got 15 QP for MOCS6 since I only had 1 week play time...).

Magic Online will provide 2 Theros boosters, 2 Born of the Gods boosters, and 2 Journey into Nyx boosters for Sealed.

THEN

Magic Online will provide 1 Theros booster, 1 Born of the Gods booster, and 1 Journey into Nyx booster for the Top 8 draft.

Here are the times:
June 8, 2014 1-3 Drop, but got some really good cracks
June 22, 2014 <-- MOCS2 this week
June 29, 2014 <-- MOCS3
July 6, 2014 <-- MOCS4
July 13, 2014 <-- MOCS5

All events begin at 9:00 AM. All times are PDT (for UTC, add 7 hours). <---- for me they all
start at 2:00 AM on Fridays Mondays :D

REWARD:
1st: 1 Premium Theros full set, 18 Theros booster packs, 18 Born of the Gods booster packs, and 18 Journey into Nyx booster packs.
2nd: 1 Regular Theros full set, 18 Theros booster packs, 18 Born of the Gods booster packs, and 18 Journey into Nyx booster packs.
3rd-4th: 18 Theros booster packs, 18 Born of the Gods booster packs, and 18 Journey into Nyx booster packs.
5th-8th: 12 Theros booster packs, 12 Born of the Gods booster packs, and 12 Journey into Nyx booster packs.
9th-16th: 8 Theros booster packs, 8 Born of the Gods booster packs, and 8 Journey into Nyx booster packs.

If Kait or IO2 (or any other proven master) are willing to play these for me, I'm offering gloating points AND a large portion of the loot.

NOTE: For those who only
farm 15 QP please don't panic, these are not the MOCS events - they're just 'appreciation events' the actual real mocs are still on ETA. (p.s. don't forget the championship events for this month are also going on for the next two weeks :P (constructed portion first followed by limited))

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 am

I've been playing so little modo! Chasing women is a fucking time commitment :/

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:36 am

That is a good enough reason to skip MODO ;-)

I finally got a chance too play magic again (back from my 2 week hiatus yaaay) I end up submitting the wrong list vs a pool of grinders :slant: proceed too go 3-0 anyways since my G1 Opp. running Ux Devo get flooded on round 3 (his flooded saved me since I was stuck on 2 lands for awhile then on 3 lands for another while), my G2 Opp. gets greedy on R2 letting me steal a win and my G3 Opp. was running that HORRIBLE Bant Control deck.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:53 am

Got my 35 Rupees today: : :20rupee: :5rupee: :5rupee: :5rupee: but I didn't break through my 1800+ limbo rating :tears: so final rating for this season is 1853 (I reckon its much harder to increase your rating via SE).

Going to take a break (because the EV is so bad) until Season 8 which happen on next week Thursday (which is after DT on Wednesday for you lot) - also really looking forward too reading about MOCS App. Event conquest.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Looks like I will be in the MOCS 4 appreciation

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:49 am

Looks like I will be in the MOCS 4 appreciation
Nice, Z and Pedros also made it for that one - I think Jedi_Knight is also in but he hasn't been active online for awhile.

IO2 are you up for July 6, 2014 <-- MOCS4 App. Event :D, you can play against the clan

Rhyno

Postby Rhyno » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:25 am

Increasingly salty at the terrible EV right now. There's a ton I want to test now that I have time. I guess I'll just spew.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 am

Jumped into mtgo earlier for the first time in ages and won an 8-4 to dust myself off

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 am

pinned to the earth a master of the feast

the rage, the rage

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:11 am

Sounds like you still have it kait :D
Increasingly salty at the terrible EV right now. There's a ton I want to test now that I have time. I guess I'll just spew.
Its quite bad for grinders, but if your sporting a 1750-1800 rating you should be able to break even with 8-Mans or if you have LOTS of time you can just play DEs.

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:11 pm

June 22, 2014 <-- MOCS2 starts in one hour (good luck Kait) - Pedros and/or Jedi_Knight I suggest you guys check if you qualified or not (I'm fairly sure you guys we're keeping up with me either starting from MOCS2 or MOCS3).

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:03 pm

not sure about this pool but i opened brimaz and kiora for you

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Post the pic madding.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 pm

not sure about this pool but i opened brimaz and kiora for you
1-0

poor opponent
Attachments
mduround1victory.jpg

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Post the pic madding.
i had 3 hours to burn before mdu's event so zem sat in with me on an 8-4 draft. the deck was unstoppable even with us fucking around. we did administer some good play skill when necessary however.
Attachments
zemkaitdraft.jpg

Return to “Magic Online”