Ragnarok Mafia (Scum Win) Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 am

I can use my ability twice.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:10 am

LMD claimed to be a dragon. I'm also a dragon. This gives me reason to believe that Stardust was killed by friendly fire. More when I get more up to date, or tomorrow if Iso puts an end to LMD's suffering.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:12 am

Hai Níðhöggr? Maybe?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:25 am

You said you got stardust's abilities
once per night I may target a player, and gain a one shot version of his abilities
I do not, for one fucking second, believe that stardust had a single night action that was 'you may use another ability twice'

You need to fucking hang.

I don't know if Iso is being lazy.
I do not know if you, or one of your scumbuddies increased your lynch threshhold.
I know you're scum.
You have to be.
Everyone should be voting you in case Iso is not lazy.
the only thing I
didn't answer was the nature of my night actions
-----

Pie, you missed imopen2 in your analyses.

-----

After tubehunter flips scum, I'm looking at G_R, imopen, tube+pie, rcwraspy, kaze in that order.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 am

You said you got stardust's abilities
once per night I may target a player, and gain a one shot version of his abilities
I do not, for one fucking second, believe that stardust had a single night action that was 'you may use another ability twice'

You need to fucking hang.

I don't know if Iso is being lazy.
I do not know if you, or one of your scumbuddies increased your lynch threshhold.
I know you're scum.
You have to be.
Everyone should be voting you in case Iso is not lazy.
the only thing I didn't answer was the nature of my night actions
I gained the ability to double vote directly from stardust, notice I didn't doublevote day 1, and assuming I am scum (and likely lying through my teeth at this point), given my play, why wouldn't I have simply hammered ham day 1, and why wouldn't you believe me, given his death caused us to skip night, me targeting him gave me the ability to double vote (he never claimed, so presumably his ability did a bunch of things), why is it outside the realm of possibility for me to gain two night actions?

I'm scum? Coming from the guy who starts a lynch based on a flavor scene HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO RESEARCH, seriously, if your going to start to tell everyone to lynch me based on a flavor scene, go do some research to make sure it doesn't easily fall apart upon
searching "Norse Dragons" on wikipedia, you've never addressed that at least once. Furthermore, if I were scum, and I knew I was going to flip scum, why would I continue to post, and why are most of your posts smearing me?

Iso stated he was going to make a votecount Wednesday, why the rush?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:42 am

If you got your ability from Stardust...why didn't Stardust ever double vote yesterDay, I wonder?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:43 am

rezombad

confbiasing after the lynch looks bad

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 am

If you got your ability from Stardust...why didn't Stardust ever double vote yesterDay, I wonder?
Your guess is as good as mine

It's possible it was not available to him day 1, and would be day 2 (he claimed his role was rather crazy, and never did claim).

All I know is I got it somehow.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:56 am

rezombad

confbiasing after the lynch looks bad
I posted that partially under the possibility that Iso didn't put us into twilight or acknowledge the lynch for a reason.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:58 am

Alright, back home. Skimmed the thread at work so I'm kinda caught up. @rezzy(?): I gave my read on imopen. Frustrated-ish townie.

Now for confirming Tube. Well, not confirming him as town but pretty damn close.

I'm Loki the trickster god. I honestly don't know much about the lore for this game, but I've seen Dogma. Loki's a dickhole. I'm guessing he's a usually-evil dickhole. This helps explain why I was a bit hesitant to lynch based off flavor alone btw; obviously with a competent mod there's not a way to flavor-break the game.

My role is... weird. I'm basically a Jack-of-all-Trades. I get three one-shot abilities: a track, a watch, and an cop-scan. However, I don't get any results. One currently living player is chosen randomly each night (and I asked Iso to confirm in
case, they can be town or scum) to receive them for me. In this case, I guess Tube received my results.

This leads me to believe that unless we have some other investigation role, scum may not have a roleblocker. My role kind of nerfs itself: the less townies alive the better chance that scum intercept one of my results (which they can either claim for townpoints or just not claim it if it's incriminating) plus there's a chance a player can be chosen and NK'd. It's pretty shitty after the first night. Good news is, it's also good if I'm NKed, because if scum don't have a roleblocker, my results still go through and I just have to hope they get sent to town.

I targeted Starbuck with my track last night. In hindsight, the track was probably a worse choice than the cop-scan. I didn't think that through. I remember Star saying her role was crazy, and wasn't sure if she was gambiting or actually had a cool role. I thought she was town but there were a lot of people that
didn't seem to agree with me, so I could either confirm her or know she was just a vanilla basically (provided, of course, scum didn't receive my results). And on the off-chance I was wrong and I tracked her to the kill, win-win. High-risk high-reward, but I also knew that if no one claimed they got a random tracker result than the result went to scum. Again, in hindsight I should have just used the cop scan but I guess it won't hurt to have going forward.

Which leads me to why Tube is almost-confirmed town: scum wouldn't have even bothered bringing up the result. Scum would have kept their mouth shut, but Tube actually claimed. I mean, he could be scum doing it for townpoints, but I don't think that's the case here.

So, the downside to my role kinda sucks, especially when this Night phase is gonna be skipped. If Lord_M flips scum or we lynch scum tomorrow, we're at... 4:2 going into night assuming 3-scum? So there's a 60% chance the results get sent to town... I'm too tired to do math.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know if you're being lied to?

The answer? Use a gun. And if that don't work... use more gun.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 am

using POE, if LMD is town, that leaves Rezombad, G_R (yanni), and RCW as scum. I am confident in that order and pretty sure of that entire team

me (town)
Pie (seems town based on lengthy breakdown of his ability which makes a lot of sense given the independent coming forward by Tube (could be a scum coordination but i think we have to assume not at this point). which leads me to:
Tube - Town, i think logic confirms this from pie's breakdown. Could be scum going for townpoints with the reveal but i think, this far ahead, there is good reason to come out with this from the scum.
Kaze - this one i'm not positive about but he has seemed townie enough to not be on the list
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 am

I'm liking rezzy for scum, actually. Not liking his posting post-lynch, it's coming off a little forced and I didn't like his "you're definitely wrong about me" comment when I said I had to rethink him/Kaze. seemed unnecessary.

Oh, this caught my eye and I'm not sure if there's anything to make of it:
After tubehunter flips scum, I'm looking at G_R, imopen, tube+pie, rcwraspy, kaze in that order.
---

imopen is town, Tube is town, I think Lord-M is flipping town after all... I thought he was scummy until he actually started being useful post-lynch, so that's... bleh.

Which leaves GR/Kaze/rezzy/rcw, so I need to find the townie in this group. I want to like GR's little
bit of posting but I'm definitely gonna need to hear more. I don't see why scum-Kaze would do the no-vote-gambit-thingy he did last page rather than coast by. And I still need to re-read rcw. Currently Kaze is my pick for the townie of the bunch but idk.

Between today and tomorrow, we need to have a massclaim for sure.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:52 am

Not lazy - just busy + giving people time to catch up because of the holidays. Like I said, I'll deal with it today (Wednesday).
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:05 pm

using POE, if LMD is town, that leaves Rezombad, G_R (yanni), and RCW as scum. I am confident in that order and pretty sure of that entire team

me (town)
Pie (seems town based on lengthy breakdown of his ability which makes a lot of sense given the independent coming forward by Tube (could be a scum coordination but i think we have to assume not at this point). which leads me to:
Tube - Town, i think logic confirms this from pie's breakdown. Could be scum going for townpoints with the reveal but i think, this far ahead, there is good reason to come out with this from the scum.
Kaze - this one i'm not positive about but he has seemed townie enough to not be on the list
POE = process of elimination?

I have to disagree with this a bit.
First, you can claim you're town all you want but you're not confirmed. That should be obvious to everybody.

But also, I was fairly convinced that Tube was scum. Then Pie posted his Loki claim, in large detail. If we accept what Pie says on face value, Tube certainly does read much more town. Which is why I won't take what Pie says at face value. Being skeptical of Pie's post actually sets up a possible Tube/Pie/x scum team.

Here's what we've got left (copied and slightly modified from Iso's first post page 1):
3. imopen2
4. Lord_McDonalds (waiting for flip)
6. rezombad
7. (G_R) (Yannaria)
8. InflatablePie
9. Kazekirimaru
10. rcwraspy
12. TubeHunter

That will leave us with 7 after LMD's flip. I see people assuming a 3-player scum team, so it's a 4-3 breakdown if that's true.

Here are my current thoughts. I wish I could put someone down as "confirmed town" in my mind but I can't.

Kaze - I'm leaning town on Kaze right now. He's been asking good questions,
prodding in ways that I feel are town motivated, and that last gambit of re-voting without un-voting to see how people come out seems town motivated as well. Call me crazy but I like it when people lie and then tell us they lied and why. As long as it helps the town.

(G_R) - keep posting please. There really isn't enough from Yannaria to know. He had some decent content very early in Day1 and then that was it.

So not counting myself, that leaves 4 players. And oh hey, I'm leaning scum on all of them.

Pie - this is my weakest scum read. We really need to dig into that claim post. Also as I mentioned, that post set up a possible Tube/Pie/x team. That's pretty much the extent of my scum read on him though, and it's predicated on how strongly I feel Tube is scum.

Rezombad/imopen2 - These 2 are fairly even in my eyes, and my read on both will develop with however LMD flips. I'd say Rez is a bit stronger of a scumread than imopen right now, but not by much. As I said, it really depends
on the LMD flip. Rez's "twighlight" posts haven't been flattering to him.

Tube - As I've stated, I still think he's scum. Having a day kill in an all-town neighborhood makes zero sense, his posts are erratic at best, and if LMD flips town that hammer seals it in my mind. If LMD flips scum, then that hammer really was a "derphammer" after all and he accidentally lynched a teammate. Or did it on purpose to shut him up. WIFOM for how the hammer happened if LMD is scum, but regardless of LMD's flip Tube is my strongest scum read.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

InflatablePie

Postby InflatablePie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:51 pm

What is scumTube's motivation for claiming he got a Stardust track result?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm liking rezzy for scum, actually. Not liking his posting post-lynch, it's coming off a little forced and I didn't like his "you're definitely wrong about me" comment when I said I had to rethink him/Kaze. seemed unnecessary.

Oh, this caught my eye and I'm not sure if there's anything to make of it:
---

imopen is town, Tube is town, I think Lord-M is flipping town after all... I thought he was scummy until he
actually started being useful post-lynch, so that's... bleh.

Which leaves GR/Kaze/rezzy/rcw, so I need to find the townie in this group. I want to like GR's little bit of posting but I'm definitely gonna need to hear more. I don't see why scum-Kaze would do the no-vote-gambit-thingy he did last page rather than coast by. And I still need to re-read rcw. Currently Kaze is my pick for the townie of the bunch but idk.

Between today and tomorrow, we need to have a massclaim for sure.
i meant lmd in that quote "after lmd flips scum im looking at gr, imopen, tube+pie, rcwraspy, kaze"
im down for a massclaim tomorrow.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 pm

I'm fine with it as long as Rezombad goes first

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:16 pm

What is scumTube's motivation for claiming he got a Stardust track result?
any number of reasons, including trying to throw us off his trail. LMD is pushing Rez and Tube pretty hard as "when I die and flip, look into them as scum". So scumTube needs to discredit that. Especially if scumTube knows LMD will flip town, and we'll all start to look into what LMD said to look into once we see the flip.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 pm

I've got at least three people targeting Dust with something.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:05 pm

I've got at least three people targeting Dust with something.
Huh?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:18 pm

LMD, Pie and whatever killed him.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 pm

LMD, Pie and whatever killed him.
Ah, you're just speculating/summarizing. I thought you were claiming some type of watching role

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 pm

I kinda dropped the ball - 13 pages with no votecount? Sorry, guys.

Official Votecount:

Lord_McDonalds (5): imopen2, rezombad, Kazekirimaru, rcwraspy, TubeHunter
rezombad (3): InflatablePie, Lord_McDonalds, Lord_McDonalds

That is a lynch.

"The dragon! We saw the dragon kill Baldur!"

"Nonsense, mortals! I have been sleeping on top of my pile of gold all night! How dare you accuse me of such treachery!"

"DIE!"

The town guard struck out against Lord_McDonalds again and again until he lay in a crumpled heap, bleeding to death.

Lord_McDonalds was Fafnir, Hoarding Dragon.
Last edited by Iso on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:22 am

Uh. Iso.

We skip tonight.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

OH WHOOPS

MY BAD

Uh yeah it's Day 3
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:30 pm

lol @ Iso.

I'll start the day out following what I posted ending the last day.

vote: TubeHunter

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Don't go too slow now raspy...

As someone said before, a mass clAim should be beneficial.

I'll go first (not that you don't already know it)

Odin, father of the gods, neighbor to hugging and munnin, have a one shot vig on my neighbors (oops)

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:09 pm

lol well someone had to post something. I've been pretty clear that you're my strongest scum read. There's no reason not to start out with a vote and see what comes.

imopen asked Rez to claim first. I'm not sure I care about order, but I don't mind sticking to that. Of course, yours has already been claimed, Tube, so it doesn't matter if it comes in before Rez's.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:19 pm

lol well someone had to post something. I've been pretty clear that you're my strongest scum read. There's no reason not to start out with a vote and see what comes.

imopen asked Rez to claim first. I'm not sure I care about order, but I don't mind sticking to that. Of course, yours has already been claimed, Tube, so it doesn't matter if it comes in before Rez's.
The danger in this situation is that, if you are town, you are allowing the scum an opportunity to power lynch tube if they want. That's assuming you're both town, though, which is highly unlikely

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

The danger in this situation is that, if you are town, you are allowing the scum an opportunity to power lynch tube if they want. That's assuming you're both town, though, which is highly unlikely
nCrap. We're at 4 to lynch now, aren't we. Yeah, ok, let's stick to the plan then.

I do think Tube is scum, so the powerlynch thing is very unlikely in my mind, but given what you said there's no reason not to wait for the claims.

unvote

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:32 pm

I am Freyja, Afterlife Overseer.

I am town.

Once during the game at night, I can target a dead player and return them to life. If they had a limited use ability that had already been used, they can use it again.

popcorn to imopen.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:35 pm

I take that back. I want to popcorn to rcwraspy.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:40 pm

The "Neighbor to Hugging" Votecount:

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm

I am Freyja, Afterlife Overseer.

I am town.

Once during the game at night, I can target a dead player and return them to life. If they had a limited use ability that had already been used, they can use it again.

popcorn to imopen.
Why haven't you returned stardust yet?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh..."at night"

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:54 pm

I assume "popcorn" means you want me to go next?

I am Sleipnir, Odin's Steed. Town. Vanilla, alas. So many cool roles to be had.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Popcorn someone else

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Popcorn someone else
still don't know what popcorn actually means or where it came from.

But popcorn to imopen2.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:40 pm

Popcorn someone else
still don't know what
popcorn actually means or where it came from.

But popcorn to imopen2.
It comes from popcorn reading in school. Someone reads a paragraph an then says, "popcorn: billy" an then billy reads a paragraph. It's a way to chose an order.

Anyways,

I am Yggdrasil, Tree of Life.

I am town.

Once per Night, I may target a player. They will be protected from the first kill that targets them that Night.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 pm

you forgot to pick someone

Return to “Completed Games”