Draft Brags

Subforum for the Limited environment

Moderator: imopen2

imopen2
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Draft Brags

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:54 am

Post your nutz decks here. Please be sure to post in a readable fasion and include format, level of competition, and let us know how you did!
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:00 am

I'll start us out. Just drafted this gem of an izzet deck in a RtR 4-3-2-2 on MTGO. 3-0'd, going 2-0, 2-0, 2-1. I highly undervalued [card]Chemister's Trick[/card] before this draft.

7 Island
9 Mountain
2 Bellows Lizard
1 Frostburn Weird
2 Gore-House Chainwalker
1 [card]Isperia's Skywatch[/card]
2 Rakdos Shred-Freak
4 Splatter Thug
1 Stealer of Secrets
2 Annihilating Fire
2 [card]Chemister's Trick[/card]
1 Dynacharge
1 Explosive Impact
1 Inspiration
1 Street Spasm
1 [card]Thoughtflare[/
card]
2 Inaction Injunction

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 am

While not exactly nutz, I didn't drop a game in a 4-3-2-2, going 3-0 (2-0, 2-0, 2-0) with this deck, and what it didn't have in a curve it more than made up for with removal and a solid late-game.

7 Mountain
7 Swamp
2 Rakdos Guildgate
1 Transguild Promenade
1 Bellows Lizard
1 Golgari Longlegs
2 Grim Roustabout
1 Lobber Crew
1 Rakdos Ragemutt
1 Rakdos Shred-Freak
2 Spawn of Rix Maadi
1 Splatter Thug
2 Tenement Crasher
1 Viashino Racketeer
3 [card]Auger Spree[
/card]
1 Electrickery
2 Explosive Impact
1 Launch Party
1 [card]Rakdos's Return[/card]
2 Stab Wound

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:25 am

The First Pack First Pick:
The only notable cards were Fathom Mage and Cinder Elemental When offered the choice between Blaze on a stick and a card that required both being U/G and building around I of course chose Fathom Mage.
P1P2: Only thing of any worth here was Consuming Aberration My reaction was "5-ManaLord of Death Meh."
P1P3: Gruul Charm was the only non-jank card Competing the 4 mana by pick 3 achievement
P1P4: Ground Assault was the pick as I remembered Kijin saying it was pretty good.
P1P5: Urban Evolution Was there letting me know that U/B was open. Of course Splash Blue Harmonize+ [card]
Rampant Growth[/card] was the pick.
P1P6:Agoraphobia was the only thing of note and I remembered a similar card from ROE.
P1p7: Pit Fight! At this point I was thinking of going Gruul with a U splash.
P1Pd8 Keymaster Rouge was the only non-White or Black Card in the pack.
P1P9: Drakewing Krasis was the best card by FAR
P1P10: Frilled Ocuus to shore up my Early game if I ended up opening something great in U/G in pack 2.
P1P11: An Angelic Edict Removal;only playable, enough said.
P1P12: Metropolis Spritelol
P1P13: Tin Street Marketlol

After Pack One I'd got the feeling that B,W,R were being Drafted heavily next to me. Cards of note I'd passed were Assemble the LegionFive-Alarm Fire,[
card]Urbis Protector[/card] and infinity Mugging.

Pack 2 Pick One: My choices were on color Crocanura or Merciless Eviction while suppressing the urge to yell "I'M CONLEY WOODS" I picked Merciless. With no Mana Fixers for those colors or even relevant cards.
P1P2: Nimbus Swimmer by a mile, continued to pass Red Cards.
P1P3: Windmill slammed Prophetic Prism for my 5 color Control{Shitty Draw, Shitty Removal} Deck.
P1P4: Mindeye Drake for that asssssss.
P1P5: Pit Fight as a snap pick despite my dismal Early Creatures.
P1P6:Voidwalk; Flicker is good enough, Flicker that can target their defenders is even better.
P7: Dimir Guildgate above other "playables"
P8: Drakewing Krasis Kijin
Mentioned it so it must be good! Doomed to be pronounced as Krakis for the rest of the night.
P9"Millennial Gargoyle, Yes a 2/2 flying Colorless for Four was 9th Pick somehow.
P10: Disciple of the Old Ways Bear that could see Play.
P11: Hatedrafted Shielded Passage due to the awesome Boros Deck I was passing.
P12: Metropolis Sprite
P13: Righteous Charge Hate-Draft.
P14: Gutter Skulk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Notables I'd passed were: 2 Ivy Lande Denizen, Scab-Clan Charger and Slaughterhorn
Pack 3; Pick One: Rapid Hybridization was the only playable(and I use this term loosely) card in any of my 5-Colors. But Pongify was awesome in Time Spiral. [card]
Biovisionary[/card] was the only other "playable"
P3P2: Voidwalk above some Red Cards, bouncing Mage seems awesome and it can go on Krasis.
P3:Miming Slime was the only thing maternally playable. And that was as a Spell dependent on Creatures.
P4: Frilled Oculus to fill in curve and Turtle it up.
P5: Simic Guildgate as the Goddamn second Piece of fixing I'd seen in the whole draft.
P6:Dimir Charm is Dimir Charm.
P7: Millennial Gargoyle, at this point I got worried that Creep had made it shitty somehow.
P8Biovisionary I snapped pick because it was a Beefier Gray Ogre and I needed that shit what with being 5 Drop.Dec.
P9:Dimir Guildgate was the pick above yet more Red cards.
P10: [card]Sage's Row Denizen[/card] for his 2/3 body.
P11: [card:
on1nwj5z]Psychic Strike[/card]
P12: Leyline Phantom
P13:Bioshift
P14:Furous Resistance
Notables I'd passed were Clan Defiance(4th pick or so for some reason) and Ordruun Veteran.

I ended up with this:
[deck]Fathom Mage
Biovisionary
Merciless Eviction
Consuming Aberration
Miming Slime
2Voidwalk
Rapid Hybridization
Urban Evolution
Agoraphobia
Mindeye Drake
Nimbus Swimmer
Clinging Anemones
2Millennial Gargoyle
2Drakewing Krasis
2Pit Fight
2 Frilled Oculus
Sage's Row Denizen
Prophetic Prism
2 Dimir Guildgate
Simic Guildgate
1Plains
6 Forest
7 Island[/deck]
:confused:
Duel One: Normal Dude.
Match One: After a customary Good Luck and Handshake He beat down with Extort Derps. It was horrible. At one point I swung for 7
damage and knocked him down to 23 life.
Match Two: I managed to stabilize only to lose to his single Forest apparently being a splash for Slaughterhorn as I died with Wrath in Hand I was saving for Value. Aberration had gotten to past Eldrazi size at that point and I was too reluctant to sweep.

Duel Two: Irish Nerd. Playing Dimir 2 Shadow Alley Denizen and 3 Deathcult Rogue with Riot Gear and Gift of Orzhova
Game One was a close one due to Deathcult Rouge equipped with Riot Gear being insane. However Agoraphobia just wrecked anything he played. I managed to Play a Mage and then Next turn dropped a 1/1 Aberration and followed it up with Mimic Slime to somehow lucksac a card into my hand and two 5/5's onto the field. Next turn I followed up with Swimmer{drawing Playable Wrath} and that was game.

Game Two:
His Play Turn Two: Gutter Skulk.
Turn Three was a Gift of Orzhova on
said Skulk.

After summiting a bit I played Voidwalk ciphering on Krais and made him join a new site.

Game Three: White Guy with Glasses.
His Turn One was Cloudfin Raptor and he followed it up with a Forced Adaptation. It turns out Adaptation was in his deck due to Simic Manipulator. I overran him with my junk creatures fairly quickly.

Match Two: Cloudfin Raptor, Forced Adaptation, Simic Manipulator, Ivy Lane, Ivy Lane, 6/2 Guy. He beat my face in.

Match Three: He played Diluvian Primordial and Simic Manipulator to steal my defenders while I curved out perfectly with Kasis,Kasis, Gargoyle,Mindeye and just beat his face in with fliers.

It turns out that's I'd qualified for Top Four somehow with my 1 blockable Bomb Deck. 2 of the players had [card]Aurelia's Fury[/card](The Girl) and Aurelia(The hipster) in Just brutal
Boros Decks.
Match One was Pot-head with W/B Extort deck.

After Pongifying his Ogre Slumlord I killed his Smog Elementalwith a Pit Fight and bounced his 4/4 Flying Angel Token with Voidwalk and Then Ciphered his 3/3 Lizard Token away. Then he played Balustrade Spy and milled Merciless Eviction and then a land taking me out of the game.

Match 2:
Spammed Extort and despite me Pit Fighting a Karsis to death as he played 1000Lashes got Exorted from 4 health after a close race.

I ended up 4th place and got a free pack.

In it was:
[deck]Zameck Quildmage, Simic Charm and Deathpact Angel[/deck][/quote]

ganderin_dan

Postby ganderin_dan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:03 am

You passed Clan Defiance... why?

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I didn't feel Like being 5 color control was a good Idea in a format with Boros/Gruul.

I didn't play Dimir Charm either and i'm not sure if I should have.

Just sometimes it would be a Mulligan and not a huge bomb like Aberration.

joelsdaman1
Newcomer

Stab Wound

Postby joelsdaman1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Can't remember the rest of the deck, but it really doesn't matter.

RTR Game Day, Limited Draft. Pull 8 Stab Wounds (yeah, 8). Went 4-0. :D

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:33 am

Drafted a 3 round 18 man today. In the 10 pod, newbs on either side. First pack was mostly crap, battlewise hoplite is the best card, followed by favored hoplite, and the rare was the dumb 10/10 indestuctable wall. Grabbed the battlewise, the next pack has divine verdict and various crappy dudes. I keep getting passed this insane blue stuff and some decent white, sweet. Pack two open a soldier of the pantheon and raredraft it, the other guy is passing removal after removal, and a second battlewise. The third pack goes like the first two, but I notice in the third pack green is semi open too, but I ignore that signal. I see the pools of the guys to the lest and right of me, one is in bw, and the other is gu, and I can't for the life of me figure out why I got the passes that I did until I realized that they both have enough of their off colors to make their draft results look like a small sealed pool.

First round
i'm paired up with the guy to my right (gu). He's terrible, and as much as love winning, winning against bad players is not the satisfying victory I go for. After a donkystomping in the first game I spend the second game teaching how to play right, to the point where I was almost playing for him, and I almost beat myself with his deck, but thanks to a triton tactics and 2 of the heroic tap merfolk I pull it out. 2-0

Second round i'm paired up against a chick from the other pod with a pretty svelt r/g number. The first game is just a messed up stalled board, and my vapor spirits carry the game. The second game stalls on the ground too between a beefy
battlewise hoplite, a monstrous octopus and a few 0-1/x's vs her polukranos and some dorks. I'm holding a voyages end, waiting for her to activate the hydra to try to clear my board. After a few turns she finally bites the bullet and dumps 13 mana into him, causing me to bounce it, scry up and aqueous form, suit up my 8/8 octopus, and swing for
the kill uncontested. 2-0

The last game is against rw humans, all three games involved manascrew on one of us, but I actually manage to make three mana work the whole last game with my tap merfolk, several tricks and the vapor spirits. 2-1
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 am

i am 2-0 in Theros drafts online so far, won one with Overlord and Whip and the other with Hammer, Bow and Purphoros
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm 1-0 with a 24 spell/16 land (14 creatures, 2 burn spells, 8 pump/protection spells) RW heroic deck that didn't have a spell that cost more than 3. Pump spells that draw cards or scry are a great way to never run out of gas

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 am

BFZ 8-4 151025.JPG
Yes, I drafted this deck. Yes, I went 3-0. Yes, you can have my autograph.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Draft Brags

Postby Stardust » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Not bad. :thumbsup:
҉

Return to “Tranquil Cove (Limited - Sealed and Draft)”