Running Tally: Innistrad -- Update 10/18/12

Discussions about the secondary market for Magic Cards. What's Hot? What has fallen from grace?

Moderator: Thrillho

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Running Tally: Innistrad -- Update 10/18/12

Postby Thrillho » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:03 pm

Welcome to the Innistrad running tally thread, where we're going over the current trends in cards from Innistrad -- where they are, where we think they're going, etc. Please keep comments and discussion topical. If you cite prices, please source where you're getting them from (SCG NM, your local game store, TCGPlayer medium, etc).

I don't have time to do a full top 20, but the first Standard RTR event is up on MODO. Sever the Bloodline is in a lot of decks, is sold out on SCG at $1.99, and the lowest price 4+ copy store on TCGPlayer is SP and >$.50.

SCG was also sold out of Bloodgift Demon (on RTR release day) and tokens are popular, so Curse of Death's Hold may be something you want to look into. Be wary of these three cards, as they're still pretty low value but may explode over the coming weeks if any stick.

Innistrad has had an explosion of value. Geist of St. Traft
is above $20, Liliana of the Veil is gaining, almost all of the dual lands are hovering at or around the $10 mark, Snapcaster has started recovering from his "I am still being opened" blues, and generally if you invested heavily in winners from Innistrad, you're winning now.

Full update to come, but be wary of event results over the coming weeks as the format figures itself out.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Sever the Bloodline is officially at $(~)2 low value on TCGPlayer at NM. If you didn't get your copy over the year and a quarter I was suggesting you get them at $0.25 (or less!), you've officially missed the boat.

Geist is now a $30 on TCGPlayer.

Garruk Relentless' NM low value is $14.45.

Olivia is $17 low NM.

Enemy M10 lands are all $8-12.

Bloodline Keeper is $4-5, $1-2 more than it's long-hovering $3 value.

Mikaeus the Lunarch is $3 at the lowest 4+ copy NM value, tripling it's long-standing $1 value.

Parallel Lives has jumped from a $0.50 rare to a $3 card. Expect it to pull a Doubling Season over time.

Gavony Township is a $3 card. Lol.

Intangible Virtue is $1.50, as are Kessig Wolf Run and Runechanter's Pike (each held at $1 for basically ever).

Snapcaster and Liliana are both around the $22-24 mark, Liliana gaining the most since her low of $13.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 pm

With Past In Flames nearing 1$, it might be time to stock up on some of these babies no?
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 pm

It hasn't broken through to anything anywhere, but I mean... $1 Yawg Will is pretty neat.
It's a coin flip, in my opinion. Electromancer is helping Storm in Modern, but Past in Flames costs 4/5, which is a lot more than all of the rest of the cards in the deck.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

So, what you're saying is I should keep my 3x foil Parallel Lives long-term? Perfect.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Yes. Parallel Lives is probably going to be a smaller-scale doubling season.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Many of the values gained earlier after RTR release have cooled by a dollar or two. There is not much to report on INN prices since values are generally stable and $1-2 off of $15-30 cards is not very significant. I would hold on many of these cards (Geist, Liliana, Snapcaster, Garruk) because of Legacy and Modern applications.

Return to “Market Street Café”