Running Tally: Avacyn Restored -- Update 10/17/12

Discussions about the secondary market for Magic Cards. What's Hot? What has fallen from grace?

Moderator: Thrillho

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Running Tally: Avacyn Restored -- Update 10/17/12

Postby Thrillho » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the running tally thread for Avacyn Restored. Like all running tally threads, here we follow trends and current prices for cards from AVR. Comments, questions, and discussion should remain on topic. If you choose to list prices for cards, please cite where you're getting the prices from (IE: SCG NM, eBay, your friend's Cardshark store).

Here are the top-valued cards from Avacyn Restored based on the lowest price for 4 or more NM copies in a single store:

1. Bonfire of the Damned (M) -- 33.49
2. Entreat the Angels (M) -- 25.19
3. Tamiyo, the Moon Sage (M) -- 24.49
4. Cavern of Souls (R) -- 19.79
5. Restoration Angel (R) -- 10.20
6. Griselbrand (M) -- 9.49
7. Temporal Mastery (M) -- 9.44
8. Terminus (R) -- 9.00
9. Avacyn, Angel of Hope (M) -- 8.69
10. Sigarda, Host of Herons (M) -- 8.19
11. Vexing Devil (R) -- 5.99
12. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight (
M) -- 3.85
13. Silverblade Paladin (R) -- 3.50
14. Wolfir Silverheart (R) -- 3.20
15. Tibalt, the Field-Blooded (M) -- 2.65
16. Craterhood Behemoth (M) -- 2.46
17. Champion of Lambholt (R) -- 1.65
18. Angel of Jubilation (R) -- 1.25
19. Zealous Conscripts (R) -- 1.15
20. Killing Wave (R) -- 0.99

There's a good mix of mythics and rares at the top of AVR's money pile, though the value on them dips pretty sharply after Vexing Devil. Still, that makes the set pretty decent value-per-pack (after, of course, RTR).

Of note, Terminus, Entreat the Angels, and Tamiyo have all risen recently, as Miracles have stormed Legacy and Standard and Tamiyo is joining Jace, Architect of Thought in most all blue-based control decks in Standard.

Silverblade Paladin has also gained value now that Standard has lost Vapor Snag.

Restoration Angel fell following the release of RTR but has recovered most of its lost value and is roughly stable around $10-11. This can at least in part be attributed to the number of
ETB effects currently available to Selesnya-core decks.

Vexing Devil has earned its name -- the card is at $6 and is due for printing in the upcoming FNM decks, but has only gone up in recent months! In my ignorance, I may be missing a home for it in Modern or as something halfway useful in Standard.

There are many cards at or around the dollar mark that are worth grabbing or holding onto: Revenge of the Hunted, Devastation Tide, Ulvenwald Tracker, spell-lands, and Riders of Gavony are all pretty sweet additions to maindecks and sideboards that could jump at any point and are essentially no-risk investments, since many are at or less than $0.50.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Bonefire has fallen to $29.

Entreat has risen to $26.

Cavern and Tamiyo are roughly holding their value despite gradually increasing amounts of play and a roughly top seed in Standard in the Bant Ramp/Control deck.

Sigarda, as a sideboard option for said deck (and similar GW-inclusive decks), has risen to >$10.

We live in a word where Vexing Devil is more than $6, so that's a pretty bad feel.

Terminus is closing in on $10.

Silverblade Paladin is more than $7, so I'm pretty happy I listened to that guy's advice at the last PTQ I had a table at. GW Humans is putting up enough results and Vapor Snag is no longer Standard legal despite some air time with Unsummon in the UW/r Midrange/Delverless Delver decks.

Everything else is more-or-less holding value.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Craterhoof Behemoth is $10 after jumping to $20 following Brad Nelson's performance with it. As that was the only MAJOR jump of AVR, I failed to note it. Gomen.

Restoration Angel is $13 low.

Blood Artist is nearly $2.

There has not been much more movement in AVR.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

I would be very careful around Silverblade Paladin. It is currently around $9 and will likely gain between the continued presence of GW/r Humans, the coming of the Boros Legion, and following the Bant-Enchantments deck that just took up both finals slots of GP: Atlantic City.

Return to “Market Street Café”