Running Tally: M13 -- Update 10/16/12

Discussions about the secondary market for Magic Cards. What's Hot? What has fallen from grace?

Moderator: Thrillho

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Running Tally: M13 -- Update 10/16/12

Postby Thrillho » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Running on the heels of Return to Ravnica, here's the running tally thread for M13, where we keep track of current trends and prices. Please keep comments and content topical, relevant, and on-point. If you're posting prices, please cite where you're getting those prices from (NM SCG, lowest/highest TCGPlayer, your friend's Cardshark store, ebay, etc).

Anyway.

Here are the current highest value M13 cards, based on lowest value among stores with 4+ copies of a card in NM condition on TCGPlayer:
1. Thragtusk (R) -- 18.77
2. Sublime Archangel (M) -- 17.50
4. Ajani, Caller of the Pride (M) -- 11.95
4. Liliana of the Dark Realms (M) -- 11.95
5. Thundermaw Hellkite (M) -- 9.95
6. Jace, Memory Adept (M) -- 8.40
7. Garruk, Primal Hunter (M) -- 5.45
8. Vampire Nocturnus (M) -- 5.25
9. Akroma's Memorial (M) -- 4.50
10. Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker -- 4.25
11. Omniscience (M) -- 4.20
Talrand, the Sky Summoner (R) -- 4.15
13. Primordial Hydra (M) -- 4.00
14. Chandra, the Firebrand (M) -- 3.95
16. Sunpetal Grove (R) -- 3.45
16. Dragonskull Summit (R) -- 3.45
17. Cathedral of War (R) -- 3.25
18. Drowned Catacomb (R) -- 2.99
19. Krenko, Mob Boss (R) -- 2.95
20. Gilded Lotus (M) -- 2.90

It's more or less impossible to open your value in an M13 pack if you don't pull a mythic or Thragtusk, though the upside to this is that there are very few mythics below that $3-4 threshold. Tires all around!

Unsurprisingly, Thragtusk is the most played and, therefore, most valuable rare in the set. However, its high amount of play and in spite of FNM Deck printing have boosted it above the next highest-value card, Sublime Archangel. The two new Planeswalkers are still somehow above $10 despite their lack of play in most all formats (though Ajani appears sometimes in singleton in Selesnya decks in the last two SCG events).

The rest of the cards are mostly Planeswalkers, casual favorites,
lands, or Talrand, who is holding on to value despite the rotation of his Phyrexian-mana/Ponder engine from Standard.

Not a lot to hold out for as this is all mostly unexciting Core Set stuff. Look for Rancor, be wary of Planeswalkers and Sublime Archangel, cash out or hold onto Thragtusk. Consider grabbing Master of the Pearl Trident while Merfolk popularity wanes in Modern and Legacy.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 am

i just sold my 2 modo redeemed m13 sets for 215 shipped because i wanted to make sure they would sell. looks like i should have done a little more research...
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Sublime Archangel is $20 and really there's nothing more to say about that.

Ajani is holding its value.

Thragtusk is solidly at $20.

Thundermaw Hellkite has jumped to $15, so Checkbox, you're on notice.

Liliana has fallen under $10 finally.

Garruk, Primal Hunter is growing to $6 and is probably going to grow as the kind of card you want to have in a world of 3-toughness 5-drops and card advantage attrition battles. On MODO he's something like 30 tickets, AFAIK (someone can tell me I'm wrong or off here, but he's above 20 IIRC from someone's stream).

Sunpetal Grove has gained a few cents, Talrand has lost a dollar.

Not much other movement to speak of.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Checkbox Alert: THundermaw has moved up to $16 while SCG's newsletter is hyping it.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

:thumbsup:
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Thundermaw Hellkite is currently at the top of the value chain in M13 at $38 for the lowest NM copy in a store with 4 or more.

Sublime Archangel is slowly growing in value. I would recommend grabbing these because of the likelihood that some kind of swarm or token deck will use these with Boros and Orzhov in Standard. $24 may be a reasonable price for them, which is not something I would have said when they were $20 and not seeing play.

Garruk, Primal Hunter is $9-10.

Not much other movement has occurred but for how wrong Checkbox has consistently been about Thundermaw Hellkite. You crazy for that one. It's ya boy.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:59 pm

:smileup:
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Return to “Market Street Café”