Changin' up Zur

Discussions about the EDH/Commander format

Moderator: Manasjap

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Changin' up Zur

Postby Yannaria » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 pm

so recently I've decided to shift the focus of my Zur deck to a more multiplayer friendly Esper Control deck.
I'm trying to decide if I should just switch to a different commander, or keep Zur so I can have easy access to Necro, Arena, O Ring, D Sphere, and Copy Enchantment or switch to something like Dakkon Blackblade.

thoughts?

Manasjap

Postby Manasjap » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm

A friend of mine has a Dakkon Blackblade deck. The deck itself is pretty good but whenever he actually plays Dakkon, he usually just sits there on the board (or eats removal when he tries to attach a whispersilk cloak or something). For him, this means that the deck just happens to have dakkon as the general and functions much more like a highlander esper control deck.

Stuff like Ghostly Prison and Propaganda seem to fit perfectly in a multiplayer commander deck.

Zur seems to be the more powerful choice in general. Maybe it would be a fun challenge to make a deck where Dakkon actually matters or something (the colors are probably not the best for that, but hey that's why it would be a challenge!)

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 am

Sen Triplets? Seems like a pretty good middle ground. Good at evening out the game, and in multi, it's pretty good at keeping you fueled up.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:38 am

Sen Triplets in a Group Hug type deck is pretty fun. Just Make sure people know you aren't using dick counter-all things/lock deck so you don't get ganked at the start.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:19 am

Zur can fetch a lot of quality stuff, I had a lot of luck going steel of the godhead or flickerform first, and then grabbing the other. As a note you can now grab thassa, god of the sea which is pretty badass, or heliod's spear which is really nice.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

Return to “Command Tower (EDH/Commander)”