Voting for the CI Post of 2012: Tiebreaker

Come vote in the Forum Awards

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, iamabadman

What is the best MTGS CI subforum Thread/Post of 2012?

Arcadics cowards and scumbags posts
67%
the lapdog's account of the mass bannings
33%

Total votes: 15

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Voting for the CI Post of 2012: Tiebreaker

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 am

Here we do the tiebreaker for the best MTGS CI post of 2012.

Up for grabs we have one of the finest selection of an excellent yearly crop!
1. First we have Arcadic for his memerific rants about Cowards and Scumbags:
You Crazy for that one Arcadic
Originally posted by Arcadic on MTGS
It was an unverified post off of these boards. The gutter was already aware of the potential sale when N_S was banned, because he was leaked details of the sale by an unknown coward. N_S proceeded to do what he always loved to do, undermine the staff and leak the information to his gutter pals. Some other scum of the earth leaked the most recent news to them, and the bannings were once again thrown out as the gutter leaders decided that undermining the staff was way more important than the community they always say they care about.

The only reason this got
leaked is because of two staff members, one possibly former, decided that 50 users well being and communtiy was far more important to them than the community and the site they volunteered to protect and serve and maintain. Unfortunately, this is the internet, where cowards and scumbags have infinite tools to flow information and be kept secret.

You can attempt to blame the administration all you want, it is their fault and their fault alone for acting in ways that they were told was not acceptable when it happened with N_S. They all knew full well the information they had was not for them to leak, and when they over-reacted to the leak from yesterday, instead of handling it like mature adults that they claim to be, they threw tantrums.
Originally posted by Arcadic on MTGS
Why should a banned member who attacked the forum and its custodians be someone i can't speak my mind about? Someone who's friends were allowed to have inapropriate avatars in silent protest. You're
effectively saying that as long as a mod isn't speaking their mind, they are doing there job. Your forcing a divide between mod and community that isn't there and shouldn't exist.

It doesn't matter if i apologize, i will still have an infraction. It doesn't matter if other users talk about Gays being immoral. They will get the same infraction but it will still be their opinion. Saying i can't have an opinion about something that has effected me and this site isn't justifyable. I apologized to those who thought i was flaming them. I will not apologize for "flaming" people who would do anything they could to see this site burn for their own sake. If you think that's immoral, i encourage you to ask someone who's trust has be violated in the same manner to forgive them.

You want me to apologize to people who'd rather spit in my face. I won't. If you think my volunteer unpaid position requires for me to have a public opinion that is within the rules
while receiving abuse and mistrust from every angle, i suggest you put yourself in my shoes. Shoes that have had to read every single flame on the mods for months now.

But ignore that as well. Lets look at the site and its history. A history of protecting those who want to help the magic community see new cards. A group of people WOTC is probably as angry as i am over leaks. A group that i have sworn as a RM mod to protect and who's identity i won't reveal. Sources that have since the begining built MTGS from the ground up and made it the place to be for unofficial spoilers, a point that was just proven a week ago. Those people and our RM community puts the trust in the moderators to keep their secrets. Why in the world would someone trust the staff now, when it is apparent there are those who'd rather leak something for personal gain than care about the wellbeing of this website. There was once one thing you could always count on a moderator to do, and that was keep a secret. That trust was
broken by 1 or 2 selfish people. So blame me for being angry, but i have every right to be angry at broken trust. Because without it, this site doesn't exist in the capacity it does today. I may have never came here, nor would have a lot of people. If i wasn't a mod, i'd be just as angry at the people who leaked such information, because they have potentially damaged the one reason.

I am taking my infraction for speaking my mind. I don't care if i broke the COC to do so, because i could not stand idlly by any longer and let people flame the mods for the "terrible handling" of this situation. Because its not anyone's fault but the 2-3 people who are and should be banned from this site. I know i'm not above the rules. Don't pretend like i think i am. And calling this a PR stunt? Please, don't insult my inteligence any more. A PR stunt would be me rolling into this thread all apologetic and sympethtic to people I find morally bankrupt. I'd rather jump out of a
moving car than pretend for a second i feel anything but ire for those involved in the leaks.
Guys, be careful. It is inappropriate to hang around in MTGS with Khaddafi avatars.

Stay safe guys, these are some mean streets you're walking on.

- Scumbag
2. Second we have the lapdog's take on the bannings. A true display of integrity.
lapdogs take on the bannings
Originally posted by ExpiredRascals on MTGS
Sorry guys for my somewhat abrupt absence. My internet is out until Monday, and the forums really don't like me tethering. Anyways, without further ado:

After virtually non-stop discussion, we have finished our review of this most recent incident and have reached a conclusion on what actions should be taken to fix what
was a rushed set of decisions.
The following decisions are representative of a clear majority of the opinions given during the staff discussion.

To provide context to the results of our review, our initial response to this incident was as follows:

Clock King was banned for giving use of his gimmick account to a banned member.

Kpaca was suspended for knowingly and intentionally leaked material known to be off limits, and re-posting it when it was initially deleted. This resulted in a ban due to his probationary status.

Kijin and Kaitscralt (aka Madding) were Banned for taking the same action.

After reviewing our actions during this incident, we have concluded:

Clock King

Clock King was determined to have lent one of his gimmick accounts to the banned user (N_S) for a period of roughly one month.

Despite coinciding with it, we believe his actions were independent of this incident.

Our decision is that Clock King will
remain banned. His lending of his gimmick constituted a severe breach of our ban/suspension evasion rules. Contributing to this was his full knowledge and intent in assisting ( N_S ) and his telegraphed desire to distance himself from the site.

kpaca

Kpaca posted twice about Curse in the Gutter Compromise thread. It has been determined that Kpaca likely acted in anger when an as-yet unknown person told him a rumor that the Gutter was to be closed.

We believe these responses constituted direct violations of a standing moderator request. That he proceeded to repost it immediately after he determined an admin had deleted his post makes it more clear.
We do understand that users may occasionally act in anger, but we have never allowed that to excuse them from the ramifications of their actions.

As such, we have decided to issue a suspension to kpaca for disobeying a moderator request. As he is on probation, this suspension will result in his ban from
the site.

Kijin

Kijin started two threads on the subject of Curse in the public areas of the site. In these threads he went into near exhaustive detail of all the information that was available to him.

We believe this also constituted a direct violation of a moderator request.
It was determined that it is likely Kijin, when notified of kpaca's ban, also acted in anger. It is not believed that he intended harm to come to the site or its users.

As such we have decided a suspension was appropriate for Kijin for disobeying a moderator request. Since he is also on probation, this suspension will result in his ban from the site.

Kaitscralt (aka Madding)

In much the same vein as Kijin, Kaitscralt started two threads with what we believe to be similar motive and intent. The contents of his threads were not nearly as exhaustive as Kijin's, but they did contain a significant amount of information between them. He
also made two spam posts in unrelated threads in the Rumour Mill

We believe his actions also constituted direct violations of a moderator request.

As such, we have decided to issue a suspension to Kaitscralt for disobeying a moderator request. This will be his second suspension, so it will end in 2 weeks time from the point that he was banned.

In addition the the above, a third person was also responsible for similar behavior to Kaitscralt and Kijin.

i_am_a_badman

i_am_a_badman started three threads whose content were less comprehensive than Kaitscralt's, but we believe they still contained enough information to be considered direct violations of the moderator request.

As such, we have decided to issue a suspension to i_am_a_badman for disobeying a moderator request. This will be his first suspension, so it will last for one week.

No other action or remedy was determined appropriate.
Each of the affected is free to appeal their suspension/ban
on merits now. Some already have, and we are evaluating those independent of this review. Additionally, per our ban appeal policy, those who were banned also will each have the opportunity to appeal for leniency in one year's time.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 am

Had to go to the lapdog simply because there was nothing great about Arcadic's complete lack of professionalism.

Remember, boys and girls. I was forced out of being a Mafia mod because I told a fellow player I had no desire to play with them anymore, and it was found to be inappropriate for a mod to state their opinions if it was the least bit hurtful for a user.

:smileup:
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:05 am

Gotta go with lapdog.
Eric, Ren and Jensen were activists
Heads loaded with theory, their hearts are filled with passion
Shared the same left wing politics
Liked the same music, they were part of the protest movement
Now, Anna presented herself as a feminist
Studied the way they talked and dressed
Fashioned herself an anarchist
Eric fell in love with Anna at the meeting of the crime think conference
He didn't know it but Anna was an FBI informant

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Arc for the scumbag line, can't resist a classic
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Almost as good as the CI warrior calling members of gutter a "Gang"
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Almost as good as the CI warrior calling members of gutter a "Gang"
That meme was actually initiated by wopalong in the extremeicon times when he was answering to my posts with niceties like "your crew" and "your gang"
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Yes I remember seeing the CI post and all the titles of gutter members changing, it was an instant classic

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Even N_S has his own henchmen

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm

How can Internet Satan get anything done without his Internet imps and demon followers?
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm

"knowingly and intentionally leaked material known to be off limits"

Guys, here's the latest WotC leak!!!:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Quick, ban WotC!
Eric, Ren and Jensen were activists
Heads loaded with theory, their hearts are filled with passion
Shared the same left wing politics
Liked the same music, they were part of the protest movement
Now, Anna presented herself as a feminist
Studied the way they talked and dressed
Fashioned herself an anarchist
Eric fell in love with Anna at the meeting of the crime think conference
He didn't know it but Anna was an FBI informant

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 am

If kpaca and kijin were banned for the same reason and one is unbanned, why is the other still banned?

:sherlock:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:11 am

:iiam:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:53 am

Arcadic gets the prize for starting a very successful meme

Return to “2012 MTGS Razzies”