Borderlands 2

PC and Consoles, RPG's, Board G's, Other TCG's

Moderator: ( G_R )

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Borderlands 2

Postby Captain Murphy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Who's playing it? Want to play online?
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Zionite

Re: Borderlands 2

Postby Zionite » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Don't have money to buy it. Still playing BL1.

Manasjap

Postby Manasjap » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Played through the first one and kind of liked it, but not enough to pay full money for it right now.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:19 pm

It's pretty fun, seems way way easier than the first though, I think they changed up the level scaling because I can pretty much solo most things in multiplayer whilst the other 3 are off doing stuff, I don't know if gunzerker is just overpowered or what but it feels like there is little to no challenge involved, don't get me wrong the game is still fun as fuck and the humour is still incredible save for bullet to the knee and dupstep claptraps, but I feel like I am just waltzing through the game with little to no effort at all. I also noticed that the new gun mechanics make this borderline overpowered, the "fire as fast as you want" perk for example is just ridiculous I mean emptying 6 revolver/pistol shots as fast as you can click your mouse is just insane esp at close range, and sniper rifles though rarer have perfect accuracy and little to no sway which was the only thing stopping snipers for being the nuts in this
game, like in single player I can just sit there and headshot everything from any range because I have good aim and there is nothing making it hard for me. Still a fun game over all and I recommend getting it if you have some friends to play with, I'd play with some of you guys but none of you are from aus so pings+time zones would make it impossible.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 am

I'm pinkfloyd teefo. Do you have xbox?

I agree with the difficulty but I'm also playing gunzerker and he is both the biggest DPS character and the tank so he is meant to be fucking everything up while your team mates support. And lets face it, the game is about guns and being able to use 2 at once for a very long time (If you invest in the middle tree) while regenerating health and taking less damage is incredible. Axton is cool and just like the soldier from the last game he has the most different play style options and would be the best character to make an all Axton 4 player team. He can be aggressive but Slavador is a baller.

Maya is cool and crowd control is fun but because guns are so more powerful this time around elemental weapons feel irrelevant. Its still powerful though. Zero I don't like because sniping and sneaking isn't my playstyle. Plus every prick and his dog uses Zero online
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:57 am

Nah I play fps's on PC exclusively because I am more comfortable with a keyboard and mouse.

And yeah gunzerker seems a little easy mode but I didn't really have a choice since I just said I didn't mind what I played and let my friends pick whatever, I have to admit dual shotguns will regenerating health and ammo is the absolute nuts. I can just imagine 4 turrets going to town on everything, soldier always seemed like a boring class to me simply because I think the turret is overpowered as hell and just boring because it requires not skill to use properly, just no aim no brain sort of stuff. As far as I can tell with elemental weapons they super nerfed fire and blast but buffed electric and caustic, I am only level 20 right now and I don't know if you get better choices later but early game that is for sure what is going on, electric and caustic things are so much rarer.

I don't play with randoms online, pretty much all
of my friends own the game so it's not hard to find people to play with.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 am

That's fair, I've never had the money or the need to PC game. Like my consoles too much.

Soldier is boring but you can always pick the kind of person that plays it.

I try to play with friends but this part of our lives seems to busy for casual gaming time.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm

That's fair, I've never had the money or the need to PC game. Like my consoles too much.

Soldier is boring but you can always pick the kind of person that plays it.

I try to play with friends but this part of our lives seems to busy for casual gaming time.
The thing about consoles is rts is non-existant which means I wouldn't be able to starcraft/dota2/other rts games which I enjoy along with the mouse and key board being a better fps control anyway, also tf2 is not updated on consoles so yeah consoles are almost irrelevant for me outside of fighters/racing and even then I can just plug a controller in to my computer *shrug*

Most of my friends have jobs/uni and still manage to game with me but we also don't sleep much and
run on caffeine and alcohol so.

Zionite

Postby Zionite » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Basically, if a game has any DLC or mods worth looking into, PC is superior. But if the game is a one-off that won't be played more than once, I get it on console.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:35 am

Zero is pretty boss. Hitting 1500 on crit'd special attack.

I use him and Maya and my buddy uses Gunner and turrets everywhere Guy.
No online though:(

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm

I agree a PC is better I just generally enjoy consoles more myself.

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:38 am

Mechromancer comes out tomorrow

- Fancy mathematics
- Potent as a pony
- Buck up
- 20% cooler
- Sharing is caring
- The stare
- evil enchantress
- Make it sparkle
- Discord
http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltre ... ancer.html
>my little pony skill tree

damn it gearbox

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm

She looks boring and lame. I don't get the hype about her :shrug:

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am

Whelp Orange Weapons are pretty Boss.

Screw that one that like halves your Movement speed.

Return to “Entertainment”