9%
ExpiredRascals
No votes
Azrael
No votes

Total votes: 11

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Voting for the Leaker of the Year 2012

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 am

Leaks have been all the rage in 2012...

So who do we have up for competition?
1. Scumbag yet again for being the alpha leaker of the Curse sale in the Gutter

2. Without Staff Leakers we would have no leaks!

3. StarcityGames forums played an instrumental part in the diffusion of the sale information, finally getting it in the open

http://forums.starcitygames.com/showthr ... orporation

4. This said nothing comes close to the hilariousness of Nai tasking G_R with announcing the sale Curse to kpaca and Kijin and then spending months wondering who might have leaked the info to them.

[spoiler=Hilarity ensues][quote="Nai » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 pm"]
And Kijin, what would you like me to say to you? Before you were banned, I was about to contact you guys. I was asked by GR to let him do it instead, so I said yes. He thought the news would be better coming from him. After your banning, there was nothing for me to say.

So I'm not sure what conversation you were expecting on my part.[/quote]
[quote="Mogadishu Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 am"]Wait, you admit to telling him to tell me about curses ultimatum. But didnt tell me that it was still super secret. Holy fuck Nai are you serious. And then I was banned for asking about it? Are you fucking kidding me right now? This is a fucking travesty.[/quote]
[quote="Mogadishu Jones » Mon Nov 26,
2012 12:01 am
"]Are you fuckng kidding me? Im getting unbanned right?[/quote]
[quote="Yanni » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 am"]:rofl: Nai you crazy for that one[/quote]
[quote="Mogadishu Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 am"]Nai, the ultimate impossible troll.[/quote]
[quote="Col. Khaddafi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am"]I mean Nai, I don't know what else to tell you. You task GR with telling kpaca and kijin that the Gutter has to go, after I warned the Gutter about the impending sale to Curse and how the gutter is incompatible with their "ideals" or w/e, and then you are left
wondering who might have been the misterious leak that spilled the beans with kpaca and kijin?

Image[/quote][/spoiler]
5. speaking of leaks, jonny maliciously leaked the presence of rianalnn in NY City too.

6. Some wanted to nominate ExpiredRascals as one specific leak since there is the theory that he was related to the plan with banning most of the gutter members from MTGS. This is purely speculative though, making it the least solid nomination.

7. And one last minute nomination for Azrael, one of the biggest Internet Monsters before I came in the picture.
Originally posted by lapdog on MTGS
Regarding the "Power Play":
Again you're shooting the messenger. All of this was discussed at the global lounge level. All weighed in and agreed that it would not be prudent to bring you on until after the gutter controversy had been resolved. As much as it hurt to defer you, it was not
something that was issued as a mandate by any member, let alone rianalnn. And that your return was taken off the table after one of the greatest breaches of trust and confidentiality in the lounge's history is no surprise either. Mod chat is restricted to mods and ex senior staff because it is part of the mod lounge and we expect discretion and confidentiality. While you may not have been there since the CoC was instated, the confidentiality of all sections of the mod lounge was well ingrained even in your tenure.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:22 am

Went with SCG forums. That thread was one area where the MTGS admins couldn't reach (though I wonder if they sent a frantic message to Blewiess?)

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 am

Az for being the greatest security breach in the site's history.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Oh that's true he did try to buy the site and the lapdog labeled it the greatest security breach in all MTGS history. I can add him to the poll
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Funny thing is the sale was inadvertently revealed in the gloves thread, I remember someone on staff saying along the lines of "Im not allowed to talk about the sale, sorry" this along with Az being the greatest breach despite the fact Az did not know the site was allready up for sale when he asked about buying it.

luckily for the staff nobody noticed it or just didnt ask about it apart from Az.

[23:04] Azrael: The next thing I hear from the staff on the subject
[23:04] Azrael: Is that my actions are being characterized in staff discussion as the greatest security breach in the site's history
[23:04] rianalnn: Does anyone want to speak to their expectations of the privilege of Mod Chat for retired mods?
[23:05] ExpiredRascals: az
[23:05] Azrael: I certainly would have appreciated the chance to have a deeper conversation about the subject
[23:05] Sene: well, that was the words of one person.
[23:05] Nai:
Az, I'd like to make a personal request not to stray too far into that section.
[23:05] Azrael: if that was how it was viewed
[23:05] Nai: It's information we still would like to keep confidential.
[23:05] Nai: And it is very hard to discuss without breaking that confidentiality.
[23:05] ExpiredRascals: any discussion pertaining to the content will be redacted
[23:06] Nai: I have to agree on this one wholeheartedly.
[23:06] ExpiredRascals: if you wish to tread there, be warned
[REDACTION]Summary: We discussed Azrael's disclosure of something he learned in mod chat and why the staff took it so seriously. I think Azrael better understands the context of the staff reaction, and we also discussed the misunderstandings that made this event possible.[/REDACTION]

Another great facepalm moment of 2012.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm

[REDACTION]Summary: We discussed Azrael's disclosure of something he learned in mod chat and why the staff took it so seriously. I think Azrael better understands the context of the staff reaction, and we also discussed the misunderstandings that made this event possible.[/REDACTION]
Wow there were already "misunderstandings" during the gloves time

And there we go for hilariousness sake:
Originally posted by lapdog on MTGS
Regarding the "Power Play":
Again you're shooting the messenger. All of this was discussed at the global lounge level. All weighed in and agreed that it would not be prudent to bring you on until after the gutter controversy had been resolved. As much as it hurt to defer you, it was not
something that was issued as a mandate by any member, let alone rianalnn. And that your return was taken off the table after one of the greatest breaches of trust and confidentiality in the lounge's history is no surprise either. Mod chat is restricted to mods and ex senior staff because it is part of the mod lounge and we expect discretion and confidentiality. While you may not have been there since the CoC was instated, the confidentiality of all sections of the mod lounge was well ingrained even in your tenure.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 pm

@Blackhound: you mean there were people that didn't know about it by then?
Ugh. Not a happy time.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Note: people need to re-vote since adding a poll option apparently deletes the cast votes

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Nai for actually being the leak
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 am

Well I had to go with the courageous global/admin staff because without them we wouldn't have had the rest.

Return to “2012 MTGS Razzies”