Voting for the Mod Lounge post of 2012

Come vote in the Forum Awards

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, iamabadman

What is the best MTGS Mod Lounge Thread/Post of 2012?

Gutter closure misunderstanding
18%
Userbase harassed staff thread
36%
Internet Espionage global/admin lounge thread
9%
Iggey/FaheyUSMC leak thread
No votes
Guttermods preemptive banning global lounge thread
No votes
rianalnn mod application thread
36%

Total votes: 11

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Voting for the Mod Lounge post of 2012

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 am

Here we vote for the best mod lounge post/series of posts.

The runner ups are:

1. Nai's Gutter closure thread following the Curse "misunderstanding" and the reasonable solution that Senori came up for solving any subsequent problems (talk about precognition)
The Big Misunderstanding
Okay guys. This has been in discussion with the Globals for about a week, and a small selection of you that would be directly affected have been contacted for opinions. This is now being opened up to the rest of you.

About a week ago, the admins got in touch with our Curse liaison. This person will be directly above the admins when the deal goes through, so we're already establishing a working relationship. Fabien, our liaison, took a tour of the website with Lord Voldemort while discussing things
with us. He got access to many areas, including the Speakeasy and the Gutter, and we asked him his opinion.

The first is the biggest news. The Gutter cannot stay, even with the sanctions we've currently put in. Curse will not allow such a place on our website. The hazings, the slurs, basically many of the liberties the Gutter has, they have no place on the Curse network. Curse has told us that we have to get them in line in any way we so choose. Kill the sub or cauterize the bits that stick out of the box, they don't care. But here's the important thing: We may not say that Curse said so.

For those of you who missed the implications of that, the Staff must pull a 180 here. We must, saying it was our idea, tell the Gutter that the past four months were all for naught and that we still have to change things entirely.

I'll get to our options in a few moments.

Slightly less of a problem is the subject of the Red Zone. The Speakeasy is safe, but each of the NSFW sections will probably
have to go. No real big loss in most cases. NSFWCW will probably become a censor-off sub, but no more sexual content. NSFW Debate will probably become 'Hard Debate' or something similar so the more adult or controversial debates (the Unconscionable Position rule threads, for example) have someplace to go.

For the Gutter, there isn't much we can do.

Option 1.) Kill it. I'm saying this to get it out of the way. I would rather not do this, as it will sacrifice all credibility that the staff has. We go back on our word, and because we can't cite Curse as the reason, we're doing it for no reason.

Option 2.) As I said before, cut off anything that doesn't fit in the box. Hazing, slurs, making fun of other members, all of that? Gone. The Gutter essentially becomes an invite-only clan in its own private sub that just so happens to have its censor off. All threads except TBGTE (and maybe even that one) get moved to a private read-only subforum that can only
be accessed if you have the direct link, for archival purposes.

If you guys come up with other options, let me know. But that's about all I can come up with.

For Talore, GR, Teia, this isn't going to be fun. Sorry guys. Our hands are tied here, and I'm not going to enjoy this any more than I assume any of you will.
I mean, obviously a lot of Gutter people spam the forum for a while, which sucks, but you can delete those posts or ban those users pretty easily.
2. The ML thread where the Staff complains about being abused and harassed by the userbase. 3. The upper lounge thread where Meggido details his offsite espionage activities. No exact quotes here, but we have the third-party account by AIM
Going Deeper Underground
(01:46:27) LeakyFaucet63: Hello Scumbag
(01:46:
27) GutterNS <AUTO-REPLY>: I'm not here right now
(01:46:53) LeakyFaucet63: Are you there?
(01:55:21) LeakyFaucet63: I guess not
(01:55:30) LeakyFaucet63: Just wanted to give you guys a heads up: Someone at a higher level (global or admin) is contacting administrators of other forums, asking for information on certain members and ex-members of MTGS, in an effort to find the origin(s) of the leaks. This is not being done with the knowledge of regular mods (as far as I know) and, as far as I'm concerned, I find it outright disgusting.
(01:58:21) LeakyFaucet63: Please make well with this info
4. iridium at his best in problem-solving: In case of doubt, just ban.
FaheyUSMC mod lounge drama
Originally posted by Breyfunk on MTGS
As reported in GRRRR by EC and Teia:

[URL"]http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost ... tcount=187[/
URL"]

Two things seem to be going on here. Firstly, Fahley is threatening the staff of MTGS, and it seems a site ban is necessary due to that. Secondly, if this is true, is it possible fof (N_S) to send PMs while banned?
Originally posted by Frox on MTGS
I don't think it's possible for a banned user to send PMs. Based on what he said, it sounds like the PM was sent after N_S was banned, so that rules out a pre-banning PM. It could've been from that new gimmick we just caught of N_S's?

As for Fahey being banned, yeah, he's threatening to **** us over. That is malicious. You can even tell he's being a jerk because he signed his name at the bottom.
Originally posted by Annorax on MTGS
That post is straight-up mod impersonation. Sadly, we don't have anything specific against that in the rules, but I'd be okay with a discretionary infraction & adding it to the rules.

Then he saves the PMs offsite & deletes them, leaving
us no way to get at them. If he does comply with your request, he's got infinite opportunity & reason to change the names of the senders in the quotes he forwards you to protect his sources & screw people over. We could ban him now, then an admin changes his password & logs into his account to get access to those PMs in guaranteed unaltered form... but that's something that doesn't normally sit right with me & I'm not sure something that drastic is called for yet.
"I'm not sure something that drastic is called for..." ...yet
5. The admin/global lounge where the bannings of the most prominent gutter members were discussed prior to the Curse deal leaks
Accounts of the Global Lounge Gutter Member Banning Thread
Scumbag was trolling CI pretty relentlessly, and was posting in the Gutter to boast about his trolling and encouraged others to do the same. This was a pretty big problem in our eyes, and was making the Gutter the exact thing it shouldn't be (a troll central). Rather than penalizing the entire Gutter for this kind of troublemaking, we were talking about what to do with Scumbag. Banning was indeed brought up as a possibility in the Global Lounge, but it was abandoned rather quickly.
6th August
Originally posted by Scumbag on MTGS
Yup. this last rules BS made me understand that the current administration is corrupt beyond any possible repair.

I'm done caring about shit like that, I mean, I have a multi million € research going at full steam, what the fuck am I doing with my life, trying to argue with a bunch of neckbearded manchildren trying to act like they're the Thomas Jefferson of magic cards
forums? Lord am I stupid.

From now on its just tbgte and gang activity. Gonna try to have fun around here while the remaining good places of this site still stand.
9th August
Hey, one more retroactive infraction.
I'm in the Danger zone!
Suspended by tomorrow? y/y
I'm getting retroactively infracted like there is no tomorrow ever since I've stopped posting in CI

Scumbag, however, had somehow heard that we were discussing whether or not to ban him only that he was either told, or interpreted it as us scheming our way into getting him banned.[
/b]
****: hasn't changed much since...
GutterNS: seems far fetched, even by the standards of current staff
GutterNS: also, why you playing knight in shinning armor?
****: don't get me wrong, your ci rants border on the annoying, but its still a dick move to ban you essentially for disagreeing with staff policies
****: i don't condone it
****: but this is what we are at. you're a goner
GutterNS: well this first retroactive infraction gives some credence to your "theory", but what evidence do I have this is not coincidence?
****: here's the thing
****: the fact you decided to stop posting in the public sections of salvation foiled the initial plan
****: and they had to go for a backup
GutterNS: which is?
****: what do you mean?
GutterNS: the plan
****: just like with kijin and kpaca: having very strict standards and giving you infractions once there is an opening, even a rabbit hole one.
****: however, since you gave up on
posting about the staff in CI
****: like you posted in the gutter after you got angry after Nai
****: they are reviewing your most recent posts in order to give you the necessary 3 infraction points
****: and then cue to ban
GutterNS: ....
****: btw, its not going to stop at you. kpaca and kijin are next.
GutterNS: oh come the fuck on, you are trolling aain, no way they'd do that much, it would be too obvious
GutterNS: not to mention really sordid
****: do you really think all these things are a coincidence?
GutterNS: you expect me to believe this?
****: your suspension for reposting a joke, kijin and kpaca being put on a year probation for voting on a poll and thanking a post?
****: just you wait and see
****: the higher ups want to cut the dead wood at salvation
****: so that Curse has a nice and clean site once they assume operations
****: with no loose ends
****: i suspect people want to show they made a nice cleaning up tor the new owners
****: therefore every last one of you guys
will be history by the end of the summer
****: don't tell me I didn't warned you afterwards

6. Last but not least we have the discussion thread about rianalnn's re-application to staff and the ensuing drama
Rianalnn Mod Application Drama
Originally posted by ExpiredRascals on MTGS
My opinion on Gloves and rianalnn's lynching are fairly well known, so I'll try not to get into that right now.

I enjoyed working with him at all levels of staff, and he was well known to be one of the best globals that the site has had. I am worried that the public may spout some kind of conspiracy crap, but ultimately I think I am favourable to his return despite this. I am very hesitant about creating another homeless global though. I feel grounding in some subforum is important.
Originally posted by Blutsau on MTGS
Moderation should not be a popularity contest. So if the only problem is a vocal 0.01% of
the userbase that dislikes ria - bad for them. *merde* Gotta catch a bus. Will edit tonight.
Originally posted by Gaeas Regent on MTGS
Well, it WOULD require more lies to cover up lies (a realistic option) and that has to make you wonder WHAT ARE THE MORAL IMPLICATIONS ON A MAGIC THE GATHERING TRADING CARD GAME INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD? :stupid:
Originally posted by rianalnn on MTGS
somebody sent me this PM via gimmick

loldrama wrote:
Hey ria,

So, it turns out that you bullied and harassed so much people around this site (3/4 of admins included) that most people don't actually want you back in a position of responsibility. Truly unexpected right.

Looks like Karma is a bitch after all eh? ;)
Originally posted by Teia Rabishu on MTGS
You know the thought
that kind of scares me?

I don't think the leak and the person who trolled ria are the same person.
Don't care. **** them both.
Originally posted by Teia Rabishu on MTGS
The thought of >=2 scumbags rather than >=1 is pretty disconcerting, though.
Indeed.

And yes, leak, I'm calling you a scumbag. Feel free to lodge a complaint on my helpdesk.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:39 am

People often fail to ask themselves WHAT ARE THE MORAL IMPLICATIONS ON A MAGIC THE GATHERING TRADING CARD GAME INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Mods getting harassed by users.
Gold.

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 am

#5, the conspiracy banning
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Not so much a mod lounge leak, but I found this little snippet from CorpT to be interesting.
The issue I have with teia is not personal. I'm sure you don't believe that, but it's true. My issue is her posting and attitude. Search grr for her posts that mention any ci warrior, Fahey, harkius, Brandon, belgareth and you'll see. The fact that these are tolerated and defended is shocking. I saw those posts and general negative attitude as detrimental. They spread to other mods and, I believe made much of the drama worse. Her duplicitous posting made me not believe that she was sincere in anything she said in ci.
Because you know, its fine for her to rip people behind closed doors but god help if anyone calls her Teita.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I went with 1. Nai's closure of the Gutter thread, because I love misunderstandings, and because of this little pearl (which beats everything I've ever read in the mod lounge when I was on staff)
I mean, obviously a lot of Gutter people spam the forum for a while, which sucks, but you can delete those posts or ban those users pretty easily.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Senori my nigga, stay scheming
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:47 am

Had to go with harrassment thread, I literally laugh thinking about them without needing to read content
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Return to “2012 MTGS Razzies”