Secret Santa Mafia - Game Over - A Coal Filled Stocking

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manders » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm

UGH this game ticked me off so bad. My play was horrid (though I was totally right about NightArcher at the beginning). Unfortunately, his play got better and made me second guess myself.

I have no idea why you guys speed lynched me for not paying attention. Like, seriously? I was the ONLY person trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. Y'all actually thought I was faking all that confusion? Sheesh.

As I told Stardust in the Spec forum, it was a nice idea, but implementation was horrid. The game setup, once all was said and done, was terrible.

BAH whatever. Going back to creating my game.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:03 am

That game was a lot of fun. I submitted Dusty Mirror because I figured it would be a powerful tool for both the town or the mafia, no matter who got it. Turns out that all the night targeting except the tracker ended up on the mafia's side... I figured there would be more interesting targeting roles running around to cause some confusion at night.

That was my first game as Mafia, so that was cool.

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 am

I had a lot of fun too !

Certainly not my best plays but that morse language thing was hilarious to me and Stardust !

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:09 am

Also Manders, I was completely surprised by your 180 on me, but I needed you dead because you would have sniffed me out again I'm sure after your confusion settled. I'm surprised by how fast that wagon built. I figured my post against you was one of the fishiest things I had said all game and if it didn't work I was going to die.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:40 am

Also Manders, I was completely surprised by your 180 on me, but I needed you dead because you would have sniffed me out again I'm sure after your confusion settled. I'm surprised by how fast that wagon built. I figured my post against you was one of the fishiest things I had said all game and if it didn't work I was going to die.
I'm sure you were surprised by it, you jerk! :p

You made subtle comments that I read as coming from a Town POV. I'm not going to point anything out (anymore than I did in-thread) because that would just be helping you pull the wool over my eyes in the future, but needless to say, I didn't change my mind solely on gut. Your play was better D2.

imopen2 is always an enigma, so I'm just going to start killing him every chance I get. :p

NightArcher, will you be sticking around? I can't speak for everyone, but I'd love it if you did if for no other reason than you're a warm body to help fill in our games.

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:32 am

Yeah, I will. I need to do something because I still have a constant pinging to check on my now-ended game.

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:34 am

Also, did my doctor's appointment hint get across? I figured whoever submitted the doctor role might have gotten clued in to that.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:04 am

I have no idea why you guys speed lynched me for not paying attention. Like, seriously? I was the ONLY person trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. Y'all actually thought I was faking all that confusion? Sheesh.
Actually yes. I thought that ScumManders would act like she was trying her best but failing, rather than just stay silent.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:35 pm

As I told Stardust in the Spec forum, it was a nice idea, but implementation was horrid. The game setup, once all was said and done, was terrible.
Kinda, but only because it was boring. We ended up with a mostly vanilla game, the way everything worked out. Tordeck chose not to use his lie detector Day 1. You guys chose not to lynch Day 1. rezombad was the only other decent active role out there, and he only had one chance to use it.
҉

NightArcher

Postby NightArcher » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Manders, I'm a little curious. If I had died and flipped mafia, would you have connected Imopen2 and I together? I tried to do my best to distance us, and I wasn't sure if I did a good job at it.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:10 pm

For my part, I thought the questions you were asking imopen were solid, but your suspicion of him looked faked in some places. Listing three suspects where one is your scum buddy is pretty classic, especially when you treat them slightly differently from the other two on the list.
҉

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Manders, I'm a little curious. If I had died and flipped mafia, would you have connected Imopen2 and I together? I tried to do my best to distance us, and I wasn't sure if I did a good job at it.
I'd have to re-read the game to be sure, which means I wouldn't have noticed it right away.

I would have re-read you after you flipped Scum, though, so chances are I would have noticed something.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Actually yes. I thought that ScumManders would act like she was trying her best but failing, rather than just stay silent.
I actually get confused really easy regardless of alignment. Only because my mind runs 1,000,000 MPH and throws every possible situation at me at all times, so I have to determine which are more likely and which are least.

I've been told this is a good thing and a sign that I'm pretty smart...but it makes me feel stupid as hell sometimes.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Remind me in the future that if I don't think that imopen is scum, he is absolutely scum. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Only having 2 days was kind of sad.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Tordeck
Newcomer

Postby Tordeck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:34 pm

There were no good choices IMO to use my ability on D1

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 am

There were no good choices IMO to use my ability on D1
Rednihilist saying "I am town"?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:45 am

Exactly the one I chose.

Tordeck
Newcomer

Postby Tordeck » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 pm

That was D2 I believe. Or I just missed it. Either way not using it and eating the NK allowed the backup to use it which means it worked out better that way in the end.

Return to “Completed Games”