All Over Your Face Hunter

Anything relating to Hearthstone TCG

Moderators: Stardust, Checkbox

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Stardust » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm currently playing a pretty standard Face Hunter. Figured since we didn't have a thread for this popular deck yet, I'd start some discussion.

[deck]Face Hunter[/deck]
Curve
1 - 6
2 - 12
3 - 12

Some play Wolfrider in the place of Argent Horserider, but I prefer the divine shield since by the time you get around to playing this guy, you're usually behind on board and just looking to keep a creature or two swinging for another turn. Wolfrider can't give you that, but can give you slightly more burst damage for the finish.

How to play this deck?
Step 1) Mulligan away your 3-drops and your spells (especially your secrets), keeping as many 1 and 2-drop creatures as you can.
Step 2) Play your cards out every turn, but always be trying to use your hero power as well when possible. You'll run out of cards fast, so playing a 2-drop plus hero power on turn 4 is usually better than playing a 3-drop.
Step 3) Never trade. Go for the face. The only creatures you should ever be attacking are those with Taunt, and even then, you were hopefully keeping back an Owl for exactly that. The only (and very rare) exception to this rule is a well placed attack/spell to keep an important creature alive for another turn. Most creatures aren't important enough for this honour, and you need a pretty perfect situation to make it worth it even then. Just get in there.
Step 4) Burn them out. The key to this deck is that you're playing so much Charge and burn that the enemy creatures are nothing but too-late removal for your own creatures. Keep your spells back as long as possible and just finish the job.

Comments?
҉

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:22 pm

So I'm currently sitting at rank 4 in standard with this:

Note: I don't have cat trick yet. I need it.

2 Argent Squire
2 secret keeper
2 Tracking
2 Kindly Grandmother
2 bear trap
2 freezing trap
2 explosive trap
1 snake trap
2 quick shot
2 cloaked huntress
2 kill command
2 argent horse rider
2 eaglehorn bow
2 unleash the hounds
1 Barnes
1 leeroy Jenkins
1 ragnaros the firelord

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:23 pm

Barnes looks good here. I should try this deck. I've missed Face Hunter ever since it got bad in Wild.
҉

Return to “Hearthstone TCG”