WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Tordeck
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Tordeck » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Here, just reread. Hunts claim sounds bogus and I am in support of this lynch for toDay. still dont like Stardust though.

(RL is kicking my ass. Looks like I'll be moving in the next few weeks so I might be out of contact but hopefully there are enough McDonalds between NY and TX that I can stop and check in regularly)

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:05 pm

If Hunt flips Scum, keep an eye on Stardust, guys. I doubt I'll survive Tonight.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:23 pm

And when I flip town?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:36 pm

And when I flip town?
Cute.

IF you flip Town, he could go either way.

I just got HUGE buddy vibes from his latest post(s).

Huntzilla
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby Huntzilla » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm thinking he's scum too.
I don't like Pedro's admission of active lurking either.

GR feels town, you feel town, Sexy Red feels town.

Null on Rez. Null on Ham.
Null on Kpaca but double voter puts him in lean town.
Tordeck could be Scum, but giving him benefit of doubt due to IRL pressure.

Think that's everyone.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 pm

I doubt I'll survive Tonight.
Hey! That's my line!

I really shouldn't play in more than two games at once. I forgot kpaca was a double voter right after using that vote to get the lynch. He's not buddies with anyone.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 1

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:15 am

Because it's the point of the game... Killing Scum and staying alive as long as you can to help your team.

Wanna help my team win.
I'm not voting you because I'd prefer to see if Pedro is going to play with us before putting you at L-1, but that's all.
This is a terrible reason to withhold your vote.
1) Pedro's not the only one being quiet.
2) Maybe something RL crazy came up and it'd be helpful to him to have a Night to deal with that?
3) It's still early in the game.
4) You yourself don't have THAT many more posts than he does.

Lucky for you I'm fairly certain you're Town.
It's still early in the game, does that mean that we should rush things? Just asking.

Anyway I don't get point 4, I'm interested in Pedro because I just have no impression at all about him, your remark about the relative difference between the total amount of my posts and his makes no sense to me.

On the other hand: everyone seems to consider Hunt as doomed to get lynched sooner or later, is there a reason to be hasty? :eyebrow:
1) Sitting around talking once a lynch has been decided upon (as this one seems) is only good for Scum. (Possible info leaks, for instance.)
2) Point 4 is relevant because, while you're right that he hasn't posted much and needs to post more, you, yourself, could stand to post more as well (though it's not as bad as last game.)
However, why are you focusing on Pedro re: post count/activity? kpaca, Tordeck, and probably others that have posted so little I forgot they're even in the game need to post more as well. Why Pedrobear, then?
3) Again, because sitting around talking can lead to information leaking that Scum don't need. Once a lynch is decided, it's always best to move forward and past it.

For the record, yes, it'd be nice if a few of the low-post wonders came in and offered their input, but I think it's more detrimental to wait for that than just go ahead and move to Night.
1) Makes sense, but I still wanted to have him say *something* that I could reread later. I'm not as strong as you, so I usually end up surviving for later days and that probably has made me develop a bad mindset about having something to read back from the future.
2) Whatever. I care about my reads on others, your comparative views on my posts and his ones is not something I care too much about.
3) Ok, you've made your point clear.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - NIGHT 1 - DO NOT POST

Postby Dechs Kaison » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:03 am

Votecount 1.4

Stardust (2): Tordeck, Ham
Huntzilla (6): Manders, MoJo, MoJo, (G_R), Pedrobear, Stardust

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Huntzilla

That's a lynch!

The cul-de-sac had made its choice; Huntzilla was hanged. Everyone was suspicious when they found a revolver on his corpse, but a search of his house laid those suspicions to rest. In every nook and cranny, another pistol had been hidden. Rifles had been tucked away in closets and under beds. There was a shotgun under the kitchen table. The kitchen table for chrissake. If this man had wanted to destroy the town, he could have lead the assault himself. No. Huntzilla was as innocent as his guns. Guns don't kill people. Paranoid cul-de-sacs kill people.
Hunt's PM
Welcome to WePick Mafia, Huntzilla.

Your chosen alignment was Town.
Your chosen role was Paranoid Gun Owner.
I chose to use Paranoid Gun Owner.

You are a Town Paranoid Gun Owner. The first night you are targeted, you will kill any and all players that targeted you that night. You win when there are no threats to the town left alive, or nothing can prevent this.

The game thread is here. Please /confirm with your alignment and role via PM.
No more posting!

Day 2 will begin in no less than 72 hours. You have at least that long to get your night actions into me.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:34 am

The sun rises on a new day, but even fewer people show up today.

Stardust and (G_R) have been killed.
Welcome to WePick Mafia, Stardust.

Your chosen alignment was Self Aligned.
Your chosen role was Magic 8-Baller.
I chose to use Magic 8-Baller.

You are a Town Magic 8-Baller. Once each day and each night, you may ask me a question. You have a 50% chance to be answered truthfully. Otherwise, the ability will fail and you will receive an indecisive answer. You win when there are no threats to the town left alive, or nothing can prevent this.

Welcome to WePick Mafia, (G_R).

Your chosen alignment was Cult.
Your chosen role was Vigilante.
I chose to use Vigilante.

You are a Town Two Shot Vigilante. During the Night, you may attempt to kill a player. You win when there are no threats to the town left alive, or nothing can prevent this.

It is now Day. You may begin posting.

Votecount 2.0

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Pedrobear, MoJo, Tordeck, Ham, Manders

With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.
Last edited by Dechs Kaison on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:12 pm

You forgot Manders.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:32 pm

What are you on about?

Also, ignore that one edit.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:10 pm

Son of a bitch.

I'll be reviewing GR and Stardust, as well as vote counts, and posting sometime today.

I'd love a T/S list from the following people:

everyone but me Pedrobear, MoJo, Tordeck, Ham

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 pm

There are 2, 3 at the most (though if there's 3, Town has a lot of power) Scum in this game. All 3 Town players who are dead had power, limited as they were.

@ Dechs Kaison: I'd like you to consider replacing MoJo, maybe Tordeck (if he can't get RL under control soon) with the dead players. Since they were Town, it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the game unless you've told them something since they died.

We have got to get more active if we're going to find the Scum. Players left in this game are:

1. rezombad
2. Pedrobear
3. Manders
4. MoJo
5. Tordeck
6. RedNihilist
7. Ham

At least two of them are Scum. Hopefully re-reading GR and Stardust (even though Stardust was almost definitely killed by GR himself) will offer some insight because I highly doubt the game itself will.

Every one of you 6 needs to get on the ball and start posting! (Red, don't be too offended. You've been posting quite well and frequently so far. Just keep it up!)

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Putting this here for later. Feel free to analyze it yourself.
GR’s Posts
Oh yes, vote Stardust
I thought Huntz had ended RVS there.
Vote MJ, I am not a fan of mod votes
*shakes his Magic 8-ball*

"It is certain."

Okay then.

Vote Mogadishu Jones.
This Page 1 wagon is high quality. Vote Manders.
Why are you voting like that?
Unvote
Stardust is asking for a lynch (both with his posting and literally) and that makes me suspicious of voting for him. :/
Stardust is asking for a lynch (both with his posting and literally) and that makes me suspicious of voting for him. :/
Why?
In this weird a game, IDK what creative role my favorite mafia mod came up with. His unorthodox behavior makes me want to vote him, but it's evident that that's exactly what he wants, so I feel I'm being played. Don't really like it.
QR_BBPOST ( G_R ) - His interactions are strictly Stardust-based up to now, and he seems to have disappeared lately.
:hi: Work and stuff. I'm here.
QR_BBPOST Stardust - Very silly start.
Inorite? Before that all we had was RSV and some non-things too look at.
QR_BBPOST MoJo - for the moment I refuse to believe that scum would be given a double voting role.
For the moment? How about a third faction, would they be given double votes?
QR_BBPOST RedNihilist - Hi, handsome.
^_^
I've reread the thread...
We need more Pedro.
I'm OK with a Huntz lynch.
His vote, his modgaming, and also that his explanations aren't convincing me. There's not much from the rest of the players, save for Stardust who I won't vote for D1.

I held my vote because I reread the post where he was saying he'd "kill" kpaca, but then I remembered that the first time that didn't triggered the same alarm because he was replying to your "who would you kill?" question, just not quoting it. So it wasn't really a slip. I'm not convinced of his towniness at all but I still need to see more before putting him on the scum column. However, I'd be fine with his lynch if it comes to that, being D1 and all.
Ah the good old "you don't understand, I'm just a misunderstood newbie" argument. I did that on my first two games as scum, except I used a language barrier approach.

Vote Huntzilla
Let's take a look at your questions, I'll even answer some:

1. When did you start playing mafia?
About 3-4 years ago. Wow.

2. Where was your home site when you started?
Ugly Sally's mod lounge

3. Who do you feel is the best analyst in this game?
Looks like a poll for the best NK

4. Who do you feel is the best scum player in the game, or who would you be afraid of as scum in this game?
A poll for a mislynch.

5. Are you yourself better as town or scum?
Are you serious?

6. What is your favorite alignment to roll?
See above.

7. What game was your best performance?
Inter-clan game when The Gang was not banned yet. My last have wasn't so bad.

^_^
*last game
You vote me for the questions yet you still answer them, albeit a little snarky?

Interesting
Wrong. I voted you for your answers to your own questions, and also for the questions I didn't really answer. Your use of "interesting" in the post (implying something but not really saying anything) is... interesting.
QR_BBPOST But what I was thinking was why bother answering at all if you didn't like the idea. Of the questions are that bad, why put forth the effort to still even partially comply? Didn't make sense.
Questions 1, 2 and 7 are legit meta questions. The rest are not.
QR_BBPOST You can't act that hypocritical without expecting to be called into question for it. So why was the interesting, interesting...?
Read the post where my vote is. Now one more time. Now read the post where I said why your use of interesting was interesting. Now one more time.
QR_BBPOST Hey Dechs. What's "the HOA"?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hoa
Hmm... I didn't get my alignment of choice, only the role. Did anyone else get both?
It doesn't matter whether or not others got both. It's explicitly possible from the OP, so no question there.

Hunter, why do you say that I'm specifically letting Pedro skate by? I don't recall you asking him anything this game either.
OK then.

Hey Huntz, here's our predicament: We can only know if you're telling the truth after you flip. If you're town and scum believes you, you'll never be the NK. You'd have to convince us of your towniness every day or get lynched at some point. And if there's someone with a vig shot who doesn't believe you we might start D2 with -3 townies or 4 if someone else was mislynched instead. Or you're lying scum and we should lynch you, better sooner than later.

I believe the latter to be the case, and even if I'm wrong, it will be more useful to town than keeping you alive.
Stardust's Posts

"It is certain."

Okay then.

Vote Mogadishu Jones.
Why am I voting like wagons? Because wagons are more fun than not-wagons. Plus Manders is actually scum.
Oh, huh, I missed Pedrobear's vote. I guess that puts Manders at L-2. That's cool.
Not even just a little claim?
Wagon me timbers! :o
Unvote.

I don't mind getting voted, but I don't want to get lynched. I'm not a jester or anything dumb like that.

Vote Mojo.
That might change to Hunter depending on his response to Manders.
Heh, what do you mean? I've never been much for early Day 1 analysis. I'll get on it soon enough.
Vote Mojo.
Elaborate
What we need right now is participation and I don't have a better lead. Need to put some work into that, though.
Nothing, really. Single post, mod vote, whatever. He's been onsite, but not posting here. Thought my vote might motivate him, assuming he's reading.
kpaca is immune to prods. Prods also get less info into the thread.
Wagons? Choices? Reactions? This discussion right here?
Nothing in particular. Pretty much what I listed above.
You were hoping to get a wagon going on kpaca with one naked vote?

I dont understand your thought process here stardust.
Hunter was voting him too. It's not that I was trying to get a wagon going on kpaca. The image of there being a wagon gives information on choices that other players make. Do they join the kpaca wagon? Do they vote somewhere else? Do they question my vote, or do they ignore it? All that stuff makes a vote on kpaca more valuable than a simple unvote.
Also, hunt responded to manders.
I know. I don't have time right now to get into that. I haven't even read Manders' big post in detail yet.
So there are 5 people with 1 vote on them and you vote for kpaca.
I didn't know where we sat on the votecount, but Hunter voting for kpaca was meaningful since Hunter himself was under scrutiny. If Manders was correct that Hunter was scum, me making his vote more legitimate does give more information on other players. And, yes, kpaca can't be arsed to do much he doesn't want to do, but he does react to votes as much as the next guy, sometimes in an over-the-top angry kind of way.

What should I have done with my vote instead, in your opinion?
Why?
New pages are haaard...
Stardust is standing out to me at this point
Why?
I should have time to devote to this tomorrow. Have no fear, have no fear, said the cat.
You vote me for the questions yet you still answer them, albeit a little snarky?

Interesting
What do you make of that?
Because it's a good way of pointing out something "interesting" in the hopes that someone else will pick up on it. If they do, great, it looks like you contributed! If not, no harm done. Not like you said it was scummy, right?

tl;dr: It's waffling.
1. rezombad
2. ( G_R )
3. Pedrobear
4. Stardust
5. Manders
6. MoJo
7. Huntzilla
8. Tordeck
9. RedNihilist
10. Ham

Hey Dechs. What's "the HOA"?

Pretty sure Manders is town from page 1.
Too early for claim. I support your decisions Manders.
Hey Hunter, you wrote "decisions" here instead of decision. Were you talking about more than her choice not to claim? What other Manders actions were you supporting?
So, a little modgaming for shits and gigs...

There is most likely 2 scum, 1 "other aligned" alignment, correct? I mean, why have the option for other alignments if he isn't going to choose them. We could do a claim of the alignment people sent to Dechs... Or we could claim the role as well.
What are people feeling? Any claims, no claims, wait a day before we get into bullshit lazy play...?
I'd be willing to go first.

We could also just claim whether we got the full role we submitted or not. Bound to be some of us who did.
You never got much of a response to your call for claims here, Hunter. What do you make of that? Why did you roll over as soon as Manders said no?
I would like Stardust to elaborate on how it is cool that I was put to L-2 so quickly and laughably.
Not like you were going to get lynched. A Page 1 L-2 wagon often leads to some great stuff. I didn't actually want you to claim, for the record. When I mentioned it I wasn't even thinking about you claiming. Though I guess I could have goofed off a little less, calling attention to the fact that you were at L-2 was both to make sure further votes would be held accountable and so that everyone would be aware and react accordingly (hopefully helping to get a read on where they stand).

I did actually miss PedroBear's vote though. That wasn't a lie. If I hadn't, I would have called attention to the L-2 immediately.

Manders' big post. Agree with your assessment of Tordeck and like the questions you asked Hunter and hammy.
Mtgs meta is claim happy right now, wanted to test waters and see where we stood.
Can you explain this? Are people on MTGS routinely claiming stuff Day 1?
Your flat out no statement killed any other reactions I might get because everyone follows you like a bunch of puppies around here.
What makes you say that?
I'd kill Kpaca now that I know it is him. That makes the mod vote that much more worse in my eyes.
Why is a mod vote worse coming from kpaca?

Just because there's crazy stuff in this game: Dechs, can you confirm that this votecount is correct? Specifically the (1) next to kpaca's total. Thanks. (The applies to later votecounts too)
As an aside (since weve run this setup before) no one would have gotten the full role+alignment they asked for.
No, they could have. Dechs is fine to take the role you picked then choose an alignment for you, even if that alignment is the same one you submitted. Says so right in the OP.
I almost never react to votes what are you on? I generally dont believe anyone can lynch me.
Wasn't it a vote on you that started your fight with Dechs in the planechase game?
Wouldnt it have been easier to get people to jump on kpaca(or anyone) with even the flimsiest of accusations?
I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I could have made the kpaca wagon more solid by giving reasons, but I wasn't looking to lynch kpaca. I find naked votes more effective in the early game because it leaves doubt whether or not I'm serious. For some reason certain people around here are terrified to fall into some elaborate trap I'm setting up (that usually doesn't exist). I also don't want to be held accountable for things I don't actually believe, but still want the freedom to weild my vote.
MoJo - for the moment I refuse to believe that scum would be given a double voting role.
For the record, double-voting independant (SK, for example) can be a thing.

Red, from the wording on your Huntzilla section in that same post it seems like you intended to come back to him. Have you got a read on him now?
I asked you about it and I haven't seen a response. How was I under scrutiny when I voted Kpaca? How was under scrutiny at all, unless you are referencing Manders questioning, but then again that is hardly "scrutiny."
Manders' case on you was as solid as anything, and her questions were spot on, so yeah, scrutiny. Regardless, back to the original question, how does any of that make me scum?

Answers to Hunter's questions
A few years ago. Can't remember without going back to MTGS to check. 2010? 2011?

MTGS.

Me. Probably Manders though. kpaca's good too.

4. Who do you feel is the best scum player in the game, or who would you be afraid of as scum in this game?
kpaca, I guess? Red is scary good at dodging my scumdar too.

About the same, but I prefer playing as town.

Serial Killer.

It would be easier to list games I didn't play well. :? /ego
Somethings fishy
Oh yeah? What's that?
But what I was thinking was why bother answering at all if you didn't like the idea. Of the questions are that bad, why put forth the effort to still even partially comply? Didn't make sense.

If I'm scum to him why listen to my requests at all?
Did you read his responses? He was essentially pointing out why those questions make you scum.

That was long. Sorry for the duplication.
Oh yeah.

Unvote, Vote Huntzilla.
That was irresponsible. I forgot about the double vote.

Hunter, time for you to claim. Actually, delay that for a minute. Need to check something.
Unvote.
Thanks, Dechs. And the votecount question?
Claim in your next post Hunt.
Oh yeah, do that. I checked what I needed to check and it checked out.
It doesn't matter whether or not others got both. It's explicitly possible from the OP, so no question there.

Hunter, why do you say that I'm specifically letting Pedro skate by? I don't recall you asking him anything this game either.
Hunter, can you point me towards your scum games from MTGS? Strait-up link would be appreciated since I hate navigating that site from my phone.
Ok, sweet, thanks. Meta checks out, Huntzilla is acting out his scum game. I want to quickly answer outstanding questions, then will finish this Day.
How'd you come to that conclusion? Why did you participate in getting me to L-2 if you felt this way based on this post?
At the time I didn't think much of you either way, and voted only to get things moving one way or another.

You might laugh at this, but the thing that stands out as most townie in that post I linked is the "IMO". I don't think scum would say the same, in that context.
Feel free to let him answer first if you so choose, but I'd like to know why you deliberately ignored Tordeck's statement of declination when proposing this question to Hunt.
I didn't deliberately ignore it. Not at first, anyway. When I reread, I'm sometimes looking for specific things to tie everything together for one train of thought. Then I go back. In this case, I skimmed Tordeck's post because it talked about his read on you (something I wasn't trying to figure out at the time). Hunter rolled over, I noted it, carried on, then went back. I noticed that I'd made the error after reading Tordeck's full post. I decided not to correct it. My reasoning there was to get links between you, Hunter and Tordeck, primarily from Hunter's response. If he had responded angry at the fact that I forgot Tordeck, I think that would have been a good indication that Tordeck was town. Seems he forgot Tordeck ever said anything, leading me to believe that he did, in fact, roll over just for you which might point at Tordeck being scum buddy. A rather big might there, though. A mighty might? Nevermind.
If you agree those questions make him scum, why did you answer them?
Because they're pretty harmless and I generally want to make this section of the site more welcoming to newcomers, if possible. Getting to know each other while we kill each other can't hurt.

I could see what GR was getting at, and I could see that Hunter missed that entirely. That's all I wanted a response to - the actual accusation GR was making.
Yeah, I guess that's good. As of page 4 my reads were the following:

Manders - Should be town
( G_R ) - Probably town
rezombad - Maybe town
Tordeck - Maybe town
Ham - Maybe town

Pedrobear - No idea
MoJo - No idea

RedNihilist - Maybe scum
Huntzilla - Probably scum

I'm not really a fan of how unclear a potential scum buddy is at this point. Manders and ( G_R ) are my strongest town reads in that respect, but it's pretty up in the air otherwise. Of course, that's based on Hunter flipping scum. I guess we'll see soon enough and can give another run through his posts for interactions.

Vote Huntzilla.
Hey! That's my line!

I really shouldn't play in more than two games at once. I forgot kpaca was a double voter right after using that vote to get the lynch. He's not buddies with anyone.
Vote Counts
Prodded Rez and MoJo.

Should I do a votecount?

I should do a votecount.

Votecount 1.1

Dechs Kaison (1): MoJo
Ham (1): RedNihilist
Stardust (1): Ham
Mojo (2): Huntzilla, Stardust
Mandqers(2): Tordeck, Pedrobear
Huntzilla (1): Manders

Not voting: rezombad, ( G_R )

Pretty sure that's right. With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.
Votecount 1.2

Manders (1): Pedrobear
Huntzilla (3): Manders, MoJo, MoJo

Votecount 1.3

Huntzilla (4): Manders, MoJo, MoJo, (G_R)

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Huntzilla, Stardust

Votecount 1.4

That's a lynch!

The cul-de-sac had made its choice; Huntzilla was hanged. Everyone was suspicious when they found a revolver on his corpse, but a search of his house laid those suspicions to rest. In every nook and cranny, another pistol had been hidden. Rifles had been tucked away in closets and under beds. There was a shotgun under the kitchen table. The kitchen table for chrissake. If this man had wanted to destroy the town, he could have lead the assault himself. No. Huntzilla was as innocent as his guns. Guns don't kill people. Paranoid cul-de-sacs kill people.

Hunt's PMWelcome to WePick Mafia, Huntzilla.

You are a Town Paranoid Gun Owner. The first night you are targeted, you will kill any and all players that targeted you that night. You win when there are no threats to the town left alive, or nothing can prevent this.

No more posting!

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Putting this here for later. Feel free to analyze it yourself.
GR’s Posts
Oh yes, vote Stardust
I thought Huntz had ended RVS there.

"It is certain."

Okay then.

Vote Mogadishu Jones.
Why are you voting like that?
Unvote
Why?
In this weird a game, IDK what creative role my favorite mafia mod came up with. His unorthodox behavior makes me want to vote him, but it's evident that that's exactly what he wants, so I feel I'm being played. Don't really like it.
QR_BBPOST ( G_R ) - His interactions are strictly Stardust-based up to now, and he seems to have disappeared lately.
:hi: Work and stuff. I'm here.
QR_BBPOST Stardust - Very silly start.
Inorite? Before that all we had was RSV and some non-things too look at.
QR_BBPOST MoJo - for the moment I refuse to believe that scum would be given a double voting role.
For the moment? How about a third faction, would they be given double votes?
QR_BBPOST RedNihilist - Hi, handsome.
^_^
I've reread the thread...
We need more Pedro.
I'm OK with a Huntz lynch.
His vote, his modgaming, and also that his explanations aren't convincing me. There's not much from the rest of the players, save for Stardust who I won't vote for D1.

I held my vote because I reread the post where he was saying he'd "kill" kpaca, but then I remembered that the first time that didn't triggered the same alarm because he was replying to your "who would you kill?" question, just not quoting it. So it wasn't really a slip. I'm not convinced of his towniness at all but I still need to see more before putting him on the scum column. However, I'd be fine with his lynch if it comes to that, being D1 and all.
Ah the good old "you don't understand, I'm just a misunderstood newbie" argument. I did that on my first two games as scum, except I used a language barrier approach.

Vote Huntzilla
Let's take a look at your questions, I'll even answer some:

About 3-4 years ago. Wow.

Ugly Sally's mod lounge

Looks like a poll for the best NK

A poll for a mislynch.

Are you serious?

See above.

Inter-clan game when The Gang was not banned yet. My last have wasn't so bad.

^_^
*last game

Interesting
Wrong. I voted you for your answers to your own questions, and also for the questions I didn't really answer. Your use of "interesting" in the post (implying something but not really saying anything) is... interesting.
QR_BBPOST But what I was thinking was why bother answering at all if you didn't like the idea. Of the questions are that bad, why put forth the effort to still even partially comply? Didn't make sense.
Questions 1, 2 and 7 are legit meta questions. The rest are not.
QR_BBPOST You can't act that hypocritical without expecting to be called into question for it. So why was the interesting, interesting...?
Read the post where my vote is. Now one more time. Now read the post where I said why your use of interesting was interesting. Now one more time.
QR_BBPOST Hey Dechs. What's "the HOA"?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hoa
Hmm... I didn't get my alignment of choice, only the role. Did anyone else get both?

OK then.

Hey Huntz, here's our predicament: We can only know if you're telling the truth after you flip. If you're town and scum believes you, you'll never be the NK. You'd have to convince us of your towniness every day or get lynched at some point. And if there's someone with a vig shot who doesn't believe you we might start D2 with -3 townies or 4 if someone else was mislynched instead. Or you're lying scum and we should lynch you, better sooner than later.

I believe the latter to be the case, and even if I'm wrong, it will be more useful to town than keeping you alive.
Stardust's Posts

"It is certain."

Okay then.

Vote Mogadishu Jones.
Why am I voting like wagons? Because wagons are more fun than not-wagons. Plus Manders is actually scum.
Oh, huh, I missed Pedrobear's vote. I guess that puts Manders at L-2. That's cool.
Not even just a little claim?
Wagon me timbers! :o
Unvote.

I don't mind getting voted, but I don't want to get lynched. I'm not a jester or anything dumb like that.

Vote Mojo.
That might change to Hunter depending on his response to Manders.
Heh, what do you mean? I've never been much for early Day 1 analysis. I'll get on it soon enough.
Vote Mojo.
Elaborate
What we need right now is participation and I don't have a better lead. Need to put some work into that, though.
Nothing, really. Single post, mod vote, whatever. He's been onsite, but not posting here. Thought my vote might motivate him, assuming he's reading.
kpaca is immune to prods. Prods also get less info into the thread.
Wagons? Choices? Reactions? This discussion right here?
You were hoping to get a wagon going on kpaca with one naked vote?

I dont understand your thought process here stardust.
Hunter was voting him too. It's not that I was trying to get a wagon going on kpaca. The image of there being a wagon gives information on choices that other players make. Do they join the kpaca wagon? Do they vote somewhere else? Do they question my vote, or do they ignore it? All that stuff makes a vote on kpaca more valuable than a simple unvote.
Also, hunt responded to manders.
I know. I don't have time right now to get into that. I haven't even read Manders' big post in detail yet.
So there are 5 people with 1 vote on them and you vote for kpaca.
I didn't know where we sat on the votecount, but Hunter voting for kpaca was meaningful since Hunter himself was under scrutiny. If Manders was correct that Hunter was scum, me making his vote more legitimate does give more information on other players. And, yes, kpaca can't be arsed to do much he doesn't want to do, but he does react to votes as much as the next guy, sometimes in an over-the-top angry kind of way.

What should I have done with my vote instead, in your opinion?
Why?
New pages are haaard...
Stardust is standing out to me at this point
Why?
I should have time to devote to this tomorrow. Have no fear, have no fear, said the cat.

Interesting
What do you make of that?
Because it's a good way of pointing out something "interesting" in the hopes that someone else will pick up on it. If they do, great, it looks like you contributed! If not, no harm done. Not like you said it was scummy, right?

tl;dr: It's waffling.
1. rezombad
2. ( G_R )
3. Pedrobear
4. Stardust
5. Manders
6. MoJo
7. Huntzilla
8. Tordeck
9. RedNihilist
10. Ham

Hey Dechs. What's "the HOA"?

Too early for claim. I support your decisions Manders.
Hey Hunter, you wrote "decisions" here instead of decision. Were you talking about more than her choice not to claim? What other Manders actions were you supporting?
So, a little modgaming for shits and gigs...

There is most likely 2 scum, 1 "other aligned" alignment, correct? I mean, why have the option for other alignments if he isn't going to choose them. We could do a claim of the alignment people sent to Dechs... Or we could claim the role as well.
What are people feeling? Any claims, no claims, wait a day before we get into bullshit lazy play...?
I'd be willing to go first.

We could also just claim whether we got the full role we submitted or not. Bound to be some of us who did.
You never got much of a response to your call for claims here, Hunter. What do you make of that? Why did you roll over as soon as Manders said no?
I would like Stardust to elaborate on how it is cool that I was put to L-2 so quickly and laughably.
Not like you were going to get lynched. A Page 1 L-2 wagon often leads to some great stuff. I didn't actually want you to claim, for the record. When I mentioned it I wasn't even thinking about you claiming. Though I guess I could have goofed off a little less, calling attention to the fact that you were at L-2 was both to make sure further votes would be held accountable and so that everyone would be aware and react accordingly (hopefully helping to get a read on where they stand).

I did actually miss PedroBear's vote though. That wasn't a lie. If I hadn't, I would have called attention to the L-2 immediately.

Manders' big post. Agree with your assessment of Tordeck and like the questions you asked Hunter and hammy.
Mtgs meta is claim happy right now, wanted to test waters and see where we stood.
Can you explain this? Are people on MTGS routinely claiming stuff Day 1?
Your flat out no statement killed any other reactions I might get because everyone follows you like a bunch of puppies around here.
What makes you say that?
I'd kill Kpaca now that I know it is him. That makes the mod vote that much more worse in my eyes.
Why is a mod vote worse coming from kpaca?

Just because there's crazy stuff in this game: Dechs, can you confirm that this votecount is correct? Specifically the (1) next to kpaca's total. Thanks. (The applies to later votecounts too)
As an aside (since weve run this setup before) no one would have gotten the full role+alignment they asked for.
No, they could have. Dechs is fine to take the role you picked then choose an alignment for you, even if that alignment is the same one you submitted. Says so right in the OP.
I almost never react to votes what are you on? I generally dont believe anyone can lynch me.
Wasn't it a vote on you that started your fight with Dechs in the planechase game?
Wouldnt it have been easier to get people to jump on kpaca(or anyone) with even the flimsiest of accusations?
I don't think so. I mean, yeah, I could have made the kpaca wagon more solid by giving reasons, but I wasn't looking to lynch kpaca. I find naked votes more effective in the early game because it leaves doubt whether or not I'm serious. For some reason certain people around here are terrified to fall into some elaborate trap I'm setting up (that usually doesn't exist). I also don't want to be held accountable for things I don't actually believe, but still want the freedom to weild my vote.
MoJo - for the moment I refuse to believe that scum would be given a double voting role.
For the record, double-voting independant (SK, for example) can be a thing.

Red, from the wording on your Huntzilla section in that same post it seems like you intended to come back to him. Have you got a read on him now?
I asked you about it and I haven't seen a response. How was I under scrutiny when I voted Kpaca? How was under scrutiny at all, unless you are referencing Manders questioning, but then again that is hardly "scrutiny."
Manders' case on you was as solid as anything, and her questions were spot on, so yeah, scrutiny. Regardless, back to the original question, how does any of that make me scum?

Answers to Hunter's questions
A few years ago. Can't remember without going back to MTGS to check. 2010? 2011?

MTGS.

Me. Probably Manders though. kpaca's good too.

kpaca, I guess? Red is scary good at dodging my scumdar too.

About the same, but I prefer playing as town.

Serial Killer.

It would be easier to list games I didn't play well. :? /ego
Somethings fishy
Oh yeah? What's that?
But what I was thinking was why bother answering at all if you didn't like the idea. Of the questions are that bad, why put forth the effort to still even partially comply? Didn't make sense.

If I'm scum to him why listen to my requests at all?
Did you read his responses? He was essentially pointing out why those questions make you scum.

That was long. Sorry for the duplication.
Oh yeah.

Unvote, Vote Huntzilla.

Hunter, time for you to claim. Actually, delay that for a minute. Need to check something.
Unvote.
Thanks, Dechs. And the votecount question?

Hunter, can you point me towards your scum games from MTGS? Strait-up link would be appreciated since I hate navigating that site from my phone.
Ok, sweet, thanks. Meta checks out, Huntzilla is acting out his scum game. I want to quickly answer outstanding questions, then will finish this Day.
How'd you come to that conclusion? Why did you participate in getting me to L-2 if you felt this way based on this post?
At the time I didn't think much of you either way, and voted only to get things moving one way or another.

You might laugh at this, but the thing that stands out as most townie in that post I linked is the "IMO". I don't think scum would say the same, in that context.
Feel free to let him answer first if you so choose, but I'd like to know why you deliberately ignored Tordeck's statement of declination when proposing this question to Hunt.
I didn't deliberately ignore it. Not at first, anyway. When I reread, I'm sometimes looking for specific things to tie everything together for one train of thought. Then I go back. In this case, I skimmed Tordeck's post because it talked about his read on you (something I wasn't trying to figure out at the time). Hunter rolled over, I noted it, carried on, then went back. I noticed that I'd made the error after reading Tordeck's full post. I decided not to correct it. My reasoning there was to get links between you, Hunter and Tordeck, primarily from Hunter's response. If he had responded angry at the fact that I forgot Tordeck, I think that would have been a good indication that Tordeck was town. Seems he forgot Tordeck ever said anything, leading me to believe that he did, in fact, roll over just for you which might point at Tordeck being scum buddy. A rather big might there, though. A mighty might? Nevermind.
If you agree those questions make him scum, why did you answer them?
Because they're pretty harmless and I generally want to make this section of the site more welcoming to newcomers, if possible. Getting to know each other while we kill each other can't hurt.

I could see what GR was getting at, and I could see that Hunter missed that entirely. That's all I wanted a response to - the actual accusation GR was making.
Yeah, I guess that's good. As of page 4 my reads were the following:

Manders - Should be town
( G_R ) - Probably town
rezombad - Maybe town
Tordeck - Maybe town
Ham - Maybe town

Pedrobear - No idea
MoJo - No idea

RedNihilist - Maybe scum
Huntzilla - Probably scum

I'm not really a fan of how unclear a potential scum buddy is at this point. Manders and ( G_R ) are my strongest town reads in that respect, but it's pretty up in the air otherwise. Of course, that's based on Hunter flipping scum. I guess we'll see soon enough and can give another run through his posts for interactions.

Vote Huntzilla.
Hey! That's my line!

Vote Counts
Prodded Rez and MoJo.

Should I do a votecount?

I should do a votecount.

Votecount 1.1

Dechs Kaison (1): MoJo
Stardust (1): Ham
Mandqers(2): Tordeck, Pedrobear
Huntzilla (1): Manders

Votecount 1.2

Huntzilla (3): Manders, MoJo, MoJo

Votecount 1.3

Huntzilla (4): Manders, MoJo, MoJo, (G_R)

Not voting: rezombad, RedNihilist, Huntzilla, Stardust

Votecount 1.4

That's a lynch!

Hunt's PMWelcome to WePick Mafia, Huntzilla.

No more posting!

Day 2 will begin in no less than 72 hours. You have at least that long to get your night actions into me.
:fixed:

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Dechs Kaison » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:02 pm

@ Dechs Kaison: I'd like you to consider replacing MoJo, maybe Tordeck (if he can't get RL under control soon) with the dead players. Since they were Town, it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the game unless you've told them something since they died.
Sorry, not an option at this point.

Tordeck
Newcomer

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Tordeck » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Update on the home front - I move this coming week so its going to be a bit hectic, but by next wknd things should be settled down and I can rededicate time to this game.

Now on to the game it self.

From the looks of it and the D1 interactions I am going to guess that it was GR who shot Star and in turn the scum got GR.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Sorry, not an option at this point.
Christ on a cracker, that sucks.
Update on the home front - I move this coming week so its going to be a bit hectic, but by next wknd things should be settled down and I can rededicate time to this game.
Then I'm content waiting.
Now on to the game it self.

From the looks of it and the D1 interactions I am going to guess that it was GR who shot Star and in turn the scum got GR.
Yeah, that's pretty obvious. Hence why I already said it.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:11 pm

Nice
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Ill read some gr stuff i guess. Lemme know if you have a better plan than the obvious thing manders.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:35 pm

What "obvious" plan are you referring to?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Lynching kpaca of course

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:05 am

Ah. Of course. We're not doing that.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:28 am

Then youd best explain why and come up with something better.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:14 am

I dont care what kind of meta bullshit angle youre going to try to use against tordeck. This is more important.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:37 am

Why aren't we lynching kpaca?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 am

Because we're already down 3 and have nothing to point to his alignment. I'd rather no lynch than lynch kpaca.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:45 am

Are you scum or just stupid?
We absolutely have evidence that kpaca is scum

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:51 am

Are you scum or just stupid?
We absolutely have evidence that kpaca is scum
Oh? Do tell.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:54 am

The only thing I know is he's a double-voter. So what are you talking about?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:58 am

Look at literally stardusts first post

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:19 am

:yes:

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:21 am

vote MoJo

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 am

You mean his RVS post where he breadcrumbed his role?

I don't think that's as cut-and-dried as you do.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 am

Stardust made it pretty obvious he used his question Day 1 regarding Huntzilla before he claimed.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:53 am

Here:

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby rezombad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 am

"It is certain."

Okay then.

Vote Mogadishu Jones.
Yeah, what you quoted makes less sense. Occams razor.

vote kpaca

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:13 pm

You guys are pissing me off. You seriously think Stardust used his ONE question at the beginning of the day? AND that Dechs told him kpaca was Scum?!

If Stardust KNEW kpaca was mod-confirmed Scum, there's no way Stardust would have voted anyone else.

Seriously, use your heads. Stardust breadcrumbed his role in that post. Nothing more.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby hamfactorial » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:05 pm

Manders:

I don't think Stardust could have convinced us to vote kpaca based on his near-absence of posting and a D1 8ball claim.

I certainly wouldn't have believed him, given that I voted him and kept my vote there all day.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

WePick Mafia 2.0 - DAY 2

Postby Manders » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:32 pm

He didn't even try.

I will not go along with this.

Return to “Completed Games”