Planechase Mafia - Game Over

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Planechase Mafia - Day 4 - We Are The Champions

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Thanks MandersGhost. :)

Vote RedNihilist
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 am

lol, just to think I was the 100% confirmed scum a few posts ago.

You guys are literally the worst, fuck this game I'm not even bothering explaining why this train of thought makes literally no sense, you guys find it out if you're not lazy enough to do a reread, make some real analysis, and find out where the votetrain on McDonalds originated.

ohwai...
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:43 am

Claims so far:
Anyway, we're in LyLo I guess we should mass claim.

I'll start: I'm Vraska the Unseen. If you target me on this plane, you'll lose all abilities including your planeswalk. I warned about this earlier...
In the interest of more information being better, I'll claim.

I'm Koth of the Hammer. I have no abilities, but I can chat with my neighbor Manders who was killed N1. I used my Spellbreaker ability on Pedrobear today, since he's mod-confirmed town.
I'm Gideon, I can redirect any bad ability during Night from a target to me.
Used on ria on Night1
Got silenced for Night2
Used on Rez on Night3
Unnecessary but thanks.
Btw, claim time.

I didn't get my requested walker, so as a consolation prize they made me the weaboo walker. I have a one shot ability of making planeswalk at night, I can request a specific plane ant it is XXX times as likely to be selected.
And who are you again?
Claim:

I'm Sorin. I'm a redirector.

Night 1: If TubeHunter targeted anybody with an ability, I redirected it to rianalnn
Night 2: If Ham targeted anybody with an ability that night, I redirected it to McDonalds
Night 3: If G_R targeted anybody with an ability that night, I redirected it to Col. Khadaffi

All 3 successfully resolved.
Haven't claimed:

Rezombad - we know about his ghost whispering. A claim would be nice.
McDonalds - will die tonight, mise well claim.
RedNihilist - ?

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 am

Vote Red

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 am

Rotfl.

Going back to this:
posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=291712

I've devoured LMD because somebody privately walked us away from Orzhova and the only two players that still hadn't planeswalked up to this point are Pedrobear (that is town) and LMD.
Since he hasn't walked away he is scum, thus the "optimal play" I've mentioned earlier.

Also, Manders' math is completely messed up:
"He knows we were in LyLo and that, if we mislynch, all he has to do is kill Town Tonight and he's won the game."

If we consider the worst case scenario (5 town vs 3 scum), with one scum dying tonight, a mislynch and a successful NK from scum, we go 3 vs 2 and that's LyLo again.

Claim:
I'm Tibalt, if I get NKed my killer dies with me.

Good way to handle G_R the game, I'm outta here.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:11 pm

You are currently on Alara, at Jund.

Votecount

( G_R ) (1): RedNihilist
Col. Khaddafi (1): rezombad
RedNihilist (3): hamfactorial, ( G_R ), Pedrobear

Not voting: Mcdonalds, rcwraspy, Col. Khaddafi

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline in 5 hours, June 18th at 12:00 noon MST. Deadline clock.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Planechase Mafia - Day 4 - Deadline TODAY

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:37 pm

wow deadline a lot closer than I thought. For some reason I thought it was Friday (maybe someone said that at one point?)

Ham and Pedrobear are voting Red. Pedro is confirmed town, Ham is the towniest player. Not voting is me, LMD, and Khadaffi. We're all very certain that LMD is scum, and he's dying tonight regardless of our lynch, so it makes sense he's not voting for his scum buddy. Khadaffi and G_R were my other 2 scum candidates but one voting and the other not isn't much to go on.

vote RedNihilist
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Sorry I was gone, what did I miss, what's happening?
We landed on Theros, votes turned from lynch to champion. Stardust warned that if we left the plane votes would count for a lynch. Original plan was to champion Pedro. I pointed out that the risk of a planeswalk+hammer post was too high, after some discussion, rcw complied and planeswalked away, votes for Mc ensued and RedNihilist got a night shot, lmd won't see another sunrise and we're discussing who to lynch before the deadline this Friday.
Emphasis mine.

This post must be why I had it in my head that the deadline was Friday. Obviously I should pay more attention to Stardust's official posts, and he's been on the ball with them, but sometimes you can't account for what sticks and what doesn't.

This could be an honest mistake but it could also be a scummy move to make people miss the deadline? G_R, what's your timezone?
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:21 pm

unvote
Vote red
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

This could be an honest mistake but it could also be a scummy move to make people miss the deadline? G_R, what's your timezone?
I'm at -6:00 UTC

It's a mistake I've been making all week. Our Father's day was yesterday and since work's Father's-day breakfast will be tomorrow morning (Friday), I've been assuming the 17th was on Thursday. I myself believed we had more time. Sorry. :/

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm

You are currently on Alara, at Jund.

That's a lynch!

( G_R ) (1): RedNihilist
RedNihilist (5): hamfactorial, ( G_R ), Pedrobear, rcwraspy, rezombad

Not voting: Mcdonalds, Col. Khaddafi

Dragons soar overhead as the evening sun sets behind the mountains of Jund. You must come to a decision soon, and it's no easy task to identify which of you might be Bolas's minions. Eventually, your attentions turn to RedNihilist.

"Ha!" he says, speaking defensively while somehow also rolling on the floor laughing, "Killing me will accomplish nothing! Do so, and you will have lost the dragon's game!"

rezombad is unmoved, and is about to deliver the killing strike when he's forced back by a gout of flame coming from RedNihilist's outstretched jaws. When Red speaks again, it's in a deep, unnatural voice.

"That is, if you are able to kill me..."

You watch as Red's fingers extend into talons, his skin into scales, his shoulderblades into wings. Within seconds, a dragon stands before you, his wings outstretched as he laughs menacingly. Red speaks again, in draconic, but presumably something along the lines of, "Of course, I can still kill you." He draws back his neck and his throat glows with fire as the lot of you prepare for a firestorm that never comes.

A second dragon, a dragon of Jund, apparently took RedNihilist's transformation as a threat to his power, and responded by tackling him over the side of a cliff. The glowing ball of a soul you've gotten used to floats back to the group after a time, leaving no uncertainty as to who won that fight.

[spoiler="RedNihilist's Role PM]RedNihilist, you are Sarkhan Vol.
You win when nothing can prevent you from controlling the lynch.
Abilities: During the day, you may vote.
Once per Day, you may planeswalk.
You may communicate with the mafia using this quicktopic, but only pregame and at Night.
Madness – At Night, you may target two other players. Any abilities that would target one target the other instead, and vice-versa.
Dragonform – At Night, you may choose another target player to kill if you are on Jund.
[/spoiler]

Vindicated at last, you all prepare for Night. Tomorrow may yet be the most important, and perhaps last, day of your lives.

It is now Night 4. Day 5 will start Monday morning.
҉

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Well, thanks for that quicktopic link Dusty ^_^
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks to those who PM'd me saying that you wouldn't click the link. Hopefully that didn't just ruin the game... :gonk:
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Planechase Mafia - Night 4 - Death of a Dragon

Postby Stardust » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Morning comes with no surprises. Everyone awake, alive and happy, and Mcdonalds dead on the ground. Wait. Wasn't he supposed to die anyway?

Mcdonalds is dead.
Mcdonalds' Role PM
Lord_Mcdonalds, you are Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas.
You win when nothing can prevent you from controlling the lynch.
Abilities: During the day, you may vote.
Once per Day, you may planeswalk.
You may communicate with the mafia using this quicktopic, but only pregame and at Night.
Etherium Neurosurgery – At Night, you may target another player. That player will lose all abilities except the ability to vote for the following Day and Night.
It is now Day 5. You are currently on Alara, at Jund. With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Planechase Mafia - Day 5 - Shanked

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 pm

So no town death. Does that mean we caught all the mafia but there's a third faction preventing a town win? Or what are the chances mafia would elect not to night kill? I guess the other options are a doc or a block?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:19 pm

I used my Spellbreak on rez yesterday, but said that I used it on Pedro in an attempt to screw with the scum team. Either it worked or someone else interfered with the NK.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:40 pm

I used my redirect on McDonalds. I'll let you all know who I made him target, but want to wait on that. It successfully resolved, but since nobody died it seems that McDonalds didn't perform the NK (if there was an attempt) or that the target was protected somehow.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Red PMs, no blue ones... A :hifive: is in order.

Why wait rcw?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 pm

I have a theory, will post when not busy.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:06 pm

rcw:

Why do you and Red have the same ability?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Alright, after Red's flip I started looking at his interactions and found some suspicious post where he either mentions Ham or omits him:
... and then we discovered he was Liliana (lol)
Still, assuming things is something that rezmo dislikes - like that time I said I considered ham like he was confirmed town and he went mad at me.

Maybe I should roll back and consider only Pedrobear as confirmed town at this point.
This afternoon I forgot about G_R altogether, so things are not as easy as I hoped they would be.
Anyway, given the fact that rezmo and Pedro are confirmed town, the pool is actually pretty narrow now (G_R, LMD, teh_colonel, rcw).

Also, welcome back sweet "(View: All /In topic)" feature.
Champion hamfactorial

I'll explain myself in a bit.
HOWEVER, I expected Bolas to come up... There's gotta be a Bolas.

So I looked at the claims.
Claims so far:
Anyway, we're in LyLo I guess we should mass claim.

I'll start: I'm Vraska the Unseen. If you target me on this plane, you'll lose all abilities including your planeswalk. I warned about this earlier...
In the interest of more information being better, I'll claim.

I'm Koth of the Hammer. I have no abilities, but I can chat with my neighbor Manders who was killed N1. I used my Spellbreaker ability on Pedrobear today, since he's mod-confirmed town.
I'm Gideon, I can redirect any bad ability during Night from a target to me.
Used on ria on Night1
Got silenced for Night2
Used on Rez on Night3
Unnecessary but thanks.
Btw, claim time.

I didn't get my requested walker, so as a consolation prize they made me the weaboo walker. I have a one shot ability of making planeswalk at night, I can request a specific plane ant it is XXX times as likely to be selected.
And who are you again?
Claim:

I'm Sorin. I'm a redirector.

Night 1: If TubeHunter targeted anybody with an ability, I redirected it to rianalnn
Night 2: If Ham targeted anybody with an ability that night, I redirected it to McDonalds
Night 3: If G_R targeted anybody with an ability that night, I redirected it to Col. Khadaffi

All 3 successfully resolved.
Haven't claimed:

Rezombad - we know about his ghost whispering. A claim would be nice.
McDonalds - will die tonight, mise well claim.
RedNihilist - ?
Scumbag is Nicol Bolas. He can request to go to his Meditation Realm and has a higher probability to land there.

Vote Col. Khaddafi

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:27 pm

I am Bolas because _____________ ?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 pm

GR:

You started the post by analyzing Red's posts which mention me, then devolve into flavor-gaming involving Bolas? I'm confused how the first half led to the second half.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Why wait rcw?
Because I don't trust anybody except Pedro at this point and I don't want the target to be able to use the info. Actually, nvm. McDonald could just silence people, and we know the target didn't die so he didn't put through the night kill. I had McDonald target Col. Khadaffi. Scumbag, are you silenced?
rcw:

Why do you and Red have the same ability?
You mod-gaming? Anyway, I don't. Red's ability is reciprocal, mine's not. Mine's also not called "Madness." Am I allowed to say what it's called? We can't quote mod PMs.
Scumbag is Nicol Bolas. He can request to go to his Meditation Realm and has a higher probability to land there.

Vote Col. Khaddafi
And are you flavor-gaming?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:58 pm

" I don't trust anybody except Pedro at this point "

Stop being bad
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:59 pm

how is that bad? Who other than Pedro do you trust and why?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Because I don't trust anybody except Pedro at this point and I don't want the target to be able to use the info. Actually, nvm. McDonald could just silence people, and we know the target didn't die so he didn't put through the night kill. I had McDonald target Col. Khadaffi. Scumbag, are you silenced?
Not that I know of

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Also rez, its time to cut that shit out and explain yourself on why am I full of shit so that we can get that out of the way.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Col K can you PW to verify? I assume it's an ability that Tezzeret's night action could stop.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Planeswalk

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 am

GR:

You started the post by analyzing Red's posts which mention me, then devolve into flavor-gaming involving Bolas? I'm confused how the first half led to the second half.
Yeah, well, my phone ate the original, lengthier post where I was analyzing how we came to the conclusion that you were very probably town (answer: there's still a scenario where you're scum) But part of the things I checked were two posts in which you mention being Koth. You did it right after I claimed, so it must be your actual character, and having the other two as Sarkhan and Tezz, Koth doesn't make sense as Bolas' minion. Yes, I am flavor-gaming, but everything has been consistent with flavor so far (both the dead scum are known Bolas' associates) so I started checking whether I believed the claims made by you, rcw and Scumbag. That's when I noticed...

I am Bolas because _____________ ?
...that Scumbag had left out the name of his planeswalker character. This is suspicious, since being Nicol Bolas/Sarkhan/Tezzeret is hard to explain flavor-wise in a game where Bolas is the main villain, and making up another walker entails the risk of claiming to be someone else's character. Red did it when the only other guy without a claim was rez (and he even pointed out that we "discovered" that rez is Liliana), so it was a "safer" claim to make.

This led me too look closer at the claim itself... a nightly planeswalk to somewhere you want, but without any other ability to make you really want to start the day in a given plane? Doesn't add up. Then there's this post:
Like you quoted a post of me giving a highfive and then voted a different guy.

Pro town planes;
Bolas' Meditation
Dominaria
Shalandar

Neutral Planes:
Rabiah

Scum Planes:
Wildfire
Ulgorotha
Also, why do you place Bolas Meditation realm as a town plane? that makes no particular sense. Like someone who didn't vote is untargetble for the night, Ok that means a town member cannot be NK'd but also scuym canno be copped. At the very best its a neutral plane.

Also its Nicol'Fucking'Bolas personal plane, that's scummy as hell, whats there to grant that olas can't pull any special tricks while in his plane? We should avoid it like the plague.
That's a slip, right there.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:06 am

What? I told I was the weaboo planeswalker, is it that cryptic? Sorry for not spoonfeeding you info, I am the weaboo planeswalker who has a NIGHT ability, yeah I'm totally witholding my true identity :rolleyes:

Also I cannot planeswalk where I "want". I just can make the odds more in my favor, but I can turn out in a plane I didn't choose.

Also, you are again repeating the theory McDonalds came up earlier that me freaking out about Bolas plane is a slip? I'm still not seeing it and I would like to understand why are you rehashing the theories of a dead scum.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:12 am

It's not the freaking out that's a slip, it's the ability. You gave us your ability as a "possibility".

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 am

Ok, that makes more sense GR, thank you. You're right that I could still be scum, since nothing I've done absolutely clears me.

For what it's worth, I have no idea who the weaboo Planeswalker is. I remember the cartoon Jace vs Chandra cards, so he might be Jace. I didn't press, since I assumed he had a reason for not giving the name.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:19 am

Jesus guys :facepalm:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:20 am

It's not the freaking out that's a slip, it's the ability. You gave us your ability as a "possibility".
Just so we're on the same page, what is "my ability"?

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:27 am

<--- doesn't know what "weaboo" means.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:30 am

well, Google just fixed that.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:31 am

I basically stopped interneting in 2003. 4Chan and Reddit and Twitter are still fantastical mysteries to me.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:58 am

I just isolated McDonalds's posts (which was a simple 1 page long) and a lot of his posts are tied up with scumbag in one way or another. The sequence basically goes from voting him, saying there's a solid case on him (which had never actually been articulated that I recall) to yelling at me for being suspicious of Khadaffi because of what Ria said post-mortem to jumping on Khadaffi regarding the Bolas's Meditation Realm thing.
Finals are done, woot

vote scumbag
I'm voting scumbag not tube hunter
That aside, what are we doing, I feel there is a solid case on scumbag, is there anyone Im missing, what do?
No offense but "cause he said so" at this point isn't rly good enough
As for my T/S list (assuming the model suggested by Rezmanders)
Town:
Rezombad - at times the only one actively driving the game, pro active and trying to progress the game
Ham - I'm bad at reading him but he seems town
Pedro - mod confirmed
Rednihist - super lucky and I could be swayed to believe he is scum, I am simply more sure of the following 3

Scum:
GR - panicky, suddenly, he (along with Rcw) try to start a wagon on scumbag, out of seemingly nowhere
Rcw - super panicky, and remarkably aggressive suddenly, pretty sure he is bussing scumbag...or trying to
Scumbag - his post about the Nicol Bolas realm and that bit at the beginning of day 2
Also its Nicol'Fucking'Bolas personal plane, that's scummy as hell, whats there to grant that olas can't pull any special tricks while in his plane? We should avoid it like the plague.
Bolded for emphasis, but yeah, why the fuck would that alarm you?
My point is that with the information that has been presented (the name of the realm, flavor text and ability), we've no reason to assume it's super scummy, especially when the ability (depending on how you look at it) is pro town.

The only reason to assume it's scummy is if a)you're flavor gaming (which is normally a poor idea, and even in light of all the revealed roles being good guys, still largely is) or b) you have information about the setup
This was directly followed by Khadaffi voting McDonalds:
Vote McDonalds
And back to yelling at me:
naked voting scumbag "because he said so" isn't cutting it
Did anybody else have a problem with my posts about Khadaffi following what Ria said when he could ghost-talk? Because I probably would have glossed over the posts between McDonalds and Khadaffi if it weren't for McDonalds coming to Khadaffi's defense. Because he aggressively defended Khadaffi when I was suspicious, it feels like his own back-and-forth with Khadaffi and fairly weak attacks on him were busing, not scum slinging mud onto town.

Return to “Completed Games”