SOA Mafia: Season One -- Day Four

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

rezombad
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby rezombad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:12 am

Witchhunt, why didn't you unvote Jamie earlier?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:54 am

The game seemed to be getting serious, so the unvote seemed relevant.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:11 am

You're acting like you always do. It's a meta-call, I think.
Heh, and you're answering questions I asked of another player, like you always do :lol:
It did well enough for him last game I suppose.

And as a side bit, I've never actually watched Sons of Anarchy, so the dog bit might be wasted on me.
Last game DK was an anti-town role, should he continue doing it?

There was a dog in SOA, but it didn't play any direct part in the storyline. It was very important to one of the characters, though.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:16 am

Unvote

I'm satisfied that it's an actual posting restriction and that he cannot discuss the nature of it. Kudos to imopen for designing this.

Thinking about the mechanics of it leads to interesting places. Sure, he's communicating, but not real well. How strict is the restriction? He's able to point out things like Jamie's vote not being on Stardust explicitly. That bodes well. Will he be able to make a case? So far, I think so. He can use quotes, point to specific phrases and show us what he sees as scummy.

I think it would be very hard to have that restriction as a scum player. Hampered communication is obstacle enough without trying to mislead townies as well. For that reason alone, I think we could consider him as confirmed town.
You're acting like you always do. It's a meta-call, I think.
Heh, and you're answering questions I asked of another player, like you always do :lol:
It did well enough for him last game I suppose.
Last game DK was an anti-town role, should he continue doing it?
Of course I should. You'd never suspect it.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:51 am

Or maybe you'd never suspect that I'd never suspect you, so you suspect that I suspect you.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:10 am

Vote RCW

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 am

I think it would be very hard to have that restriction as a scum player. Hampered communication is obstacle enough without trying to mislead townies as well. For that reason alone, I think we could consider him as confirmed town.
say what?!?

or someone could come out with this line of thinking and "clear" scum, rendering the restriction on misleading townies moot.

What you've pointed out is just WIFOM and means nothing. No way he gets cleared for this type of reasoning. But why do you feel so strongly about it? Calling someone confirmed town is a very strong thing to say, especially this early.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 am

I'd rather have a sleb who can't communicate out of the game than a sleb who can.

Rianalnn if you show some actual intention by voting someone scummy (like stardust) I'd be behind you 100%
*kpaca listens to your assertion he can't communicate and wonders if you are dense*

*kpaca also hears your assertion he should vote for "someone scummy like stardust*

*kpaca looks at your vote, not on stardust*

SNORT
Please vote for anyone. It can be a random vote. It can be a vote on me. I want you to vote to lynch day one.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:37 am

If you can not, I will not change my vote.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:45 am

Jamie, I really don't like your "vote for the sake of voting" line. You did it last game and it irked me there, too. There's a reason RVS is just a phase and it quickly fades. Don't just make random votes and don't encourage them either.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:55 am

say what?!?

or someone could come out with this line of thinking and "clear" scum, rendering the restriction on misleading townies moot.

What you've pointed out is just WIFOM and means nothing. No way he gets cleared for this type of reasoning. But why do you feel so strongly about it? Calling someone confirmed town is a very strong thing to say, especially this early.
It's WIFOM if we're talking about a player's actions, not the design of the game. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in the mechanics, but I know that I wouldn't design a game where the scum player has restricted communication. At the end of the day, this is a game and all the players have to have fun. It's hard enough trying to mislead people when you can say everything you want to say. Doing that through the actions of a dog would be frustrating. I doubt imopen would design the game that way.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 am

Unvote

I'm satisfied that it's an actual posting restriction and that he cannot discuss the nature of it. Kudos to imopen for designing this.

Thinking about the mechanics of it leads to interesting places. Sure, he's communicating, but not real well. How strict is the restriction? He's able to point out things like Jamie's vote not being on Stardust explicitly. That bodes well. Will he be able to make a case? So far, I think so. He can use quotes, point to specific phrases and show us what he sees as scummy.

Are you serious?

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 am

Dechs, I'm not asking him to rvs. I am looking for information on the restriction he's playing under.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 am

Please vote for anyone. It can be a random vote. It can be a vote on me. I want you to vote to lynch day one.
Dechs, I'm not asking him to rvs. I am looking for information on the restriction he's playing under.
Vote Jamie

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:46 am

I'd rather have a sleb who can't communicate out of the game than a sleb who can.

Rianalnn if you show some actual intention by voting someone scummy (like stardust) I'd be behind you 100%
*kpaca listens to your assertion he can't communicate and wonders if you are dense*

*kpaca also hears your assertion he should vote for "someone scummy like stardust*

SNORT

*kpaca looks at you*

*kpaca looks at last vote count*

*kpaca looks back at you*

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Voting Jamie is the best way out of RVS, just sayin'.
@stardust: this more or less
Cool. In that case, why did you unvote?
Why am I probably town?
A bit of meta, but mostly your discussion of my double vote. Same for WitchHunt.

Jamie, why am I scummy, and why are you not voting for me?

Unvote: Jaime

For now. I don't see the claim coming yet.
WitchHunt, what did you mean by the bolded?

It's WIFOM if we're talking about a player's actions, not the design of the game. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in the mechanics, but I know that I wouldn't design a game where the scum player has restricted communication. At the end of the day, this is a game and all the players have to have fun. It's hard enough trying to mislead people when you can say everything you want to say. Doing that through the actions of a dog would be frustrating. I doubt imopen would design the game that way.
I do generally agree with this and see scumpaca as unlikely if he actually has such a posting restriction. There's a small chance that imopen would have given scum such a role, but a bigger chance that kpaca is just faking it. Either way, I'm okay with calling him town for now.

Hey Red, what's up?
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi Dustie, I'm a little ill but life it's fine I'd say.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Good to hear, though it sucks that you're sick. Want to catch some scum with me? If yes, where do you think we should start?
҉

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm

*kpaca appreciates the way you read the thread*

SARCASTIC BARK!

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:12 pm

What does doggie Rianalnn think of me? Will he give me a lead to track down some scum?

*scratches chin*

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:27 pm

SARCASTIC BARK!
Thanks Lassie, I appreciate your concerns about my fever but I'm really reading out of curiosity rather than in order to actually play.
I can still stop reading this thread altogether for a couple of days if you prefer it that way, but I'd miss your fine company too much :(

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Good to hear, though it sucks that you're sick. Want to catch some scum with me? If yes, where do you think we should start?
I don't know how 38.2° Celsius translates in Fahrenheit countries but believe me when I tell you that I'd rather not think too much at the moment.
I don't like the way Dechs labeled kpaca as sure-townie because his reasoning sounds plan wrong, but I kinda remember him taking similar sentences in other games, so I guess he's just following an usual mindset of cutting the players he doesn't feel to be scum in order to restrict the pool. I mean, I know his scum game is really good but I'd let him alone for now.

I'm not even sayin' that kpaca is scum, I think that bluffing a speech impairment could have its merits, but I guess that if I was scum I'd rather avoid dragging too much attention like he's doing.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:04 pm

SARCASTIC BARK!
Thanks Lassie, I appreciate your concerns about my fever but I'm really reading out of curiosity rather than in order to actually play.
I can still stop reading this thread altogether for a couple of days if you prefer it that way, but I'd miss your fine company too much :(
*kpaca cuddles up to red, hoping to make friends and make him feel better.*

*kpaca is pleased with Reds response*

*licks rednihilists' face.

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:19 pm

Unvote: Jaime

For now. I don't see the claim coming yet.
WitchHunt, what did you mean by the bolded?
Half a joke about the previous game, half an assumption he's going to end up claiming sooner than later. I didn't like how he began labeling people as scummy right off that bat, because I didn't agree with him at this point. The double vote thing wasn't enough of a basis to label someone two pages into the game in my opinion. I'm planning on not taking him too seriously yet with the labeling however, it doesn't feel like an attempt at misdirection just a newer player testing the waters. Opinion is subject to change though.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:04 pm

What specifically did he do that you didnt agree with but doesn't feel like an attempt at misdirection?
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Half a joke about the previous game, half an assumption he's going to end up claiming sooner than later. I didn't like how he began labeling people as scummy right off that bat, because I didn't agree with him at this point. The double vote thing wasn't enough of a basis to label someone two pages into the game in my opinion. I'm planning on not taking him too seriously yet with the labeling however, it doesn't feel like an attempt at misdirection just a newer player testing the waters. Opinion is subject to change though.
I'm a bit confused by this. You think "he's going to end up claiming sooner than later", presumably because he's scummy, but you don't want to try to push for that claim. Can you do me a favour and ask Jamie two revealing questions in your next post?

imopen, I should have been voting for Jamie in both your previous votecounts. Oh. Unless you're actually living by rule 6. Right!

Unvote hammy, Vote Jamie.
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 pm

imopen, I should have been voting for Jamie in both your previous votecounts. Oh. Unless you're actually living by rule 6. Right!
The way his was stated kind of bothers me.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Vote count #3:

Stardust(2): ham, jaime
Jaime(1): stardust
Rianalnn(1): red
LMD(1): rianalnn
Dechs(2): rez, rcw
RCW(1): dechs
Not Voting(2): lmd, witchhunt

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch

If you do not Unvote, your vote will not change. If I miss your Unvote, please make this apparent.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:05 pm

I'm a bit confused by this. You think "he's going to end up claiming sooner than later", presumably because he's scummy, but you don't want to try to push for that claim. Can you do me a favour and ask Jamie two revealing questions in your next post?

Unvote hammy, Vote Jamie.
Go ahead and explain your vote.

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:06 pm

SNORT

*kpaca looks at you*

*kpaca looks at last vote count*

*kpaca looks back at you*
Wow I'm a massive idiot. woops.
Ok I'm satisfied.

unvote

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Why did you take your vote off of stardust?

Jamie
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 pm

@Stardust
The first time I said you were scum was joke. Saying "let's catch scum" is like saying "I'm going to reduce your life point value to zero in this game of mtg". A p bold statement.
If you're talking about the second time I did... My entire beef with Rianalnn was a mistake on my part since I can't even look at the votecount properly. I invited him to join a bandwagon of 2 people with me so I could explore what kind of restriction he was playing under.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 am

I do generally agree with this and see scumpaca as unlikely if he actually has such a posting restriction. There's a small chance that imopen would have given scum such a role, but a bigger chance that kpaca is just faking it. Either way, I'm okay with calling him town for now.

Hey Red, what's up?
To both Dechs and Stardust: This sounds exactly like "why would someone choose alien? It's strictly worse!" You're making assumptions and they can easily backfire.
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:22 am

It's not even remotely the same thing. "Why would someone choose alien?" is a question about a player's actions. "Why would imopen design a game that would probably infuriate one of his players?" is a question about the mod's design. Yeah, maybe it's still an assumption, but it's a lot more sound.

Stardust brings up a good point that Rinsley could be faking it. I really don't believe he is faking it. It's a lot of effort to pour into something that would only work once and I don't think he's that clever anyway.

Don't get me wrong; if he starts acting like scum I'm going to be the first one on his wagon. In the absence of anything else, though, he's in my town pile because of the mechanics.

-----

Because rule six is apparently a thing:

Unvote RCW
Vote Jamie

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:00 am

I don't think he's that clever anyway.
Shots fired

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 am

It's not even remotely the same thing. "Why would someone choose alien?" is a question about a player's actions. "Why would imopen design a game that would probably infuriate one of his players?" is a question about the mod's design. Yeah, maybe it's still an assumption, but it's a lot more sound.

Stardust brings up a good point that Rinsley could be faking it. I really don't believe he is faking it. It's a lot of effort to pour into something that would only work once and I don't think he's that clever anyway.

Don't get me wrong; if he starts acting like scum I'm going to be the first one on his wagon. In the absence of anything else, though, he's in my town pile because of the mechanics.

-----

Because rule six is apparently a thing:

Unvote RCW
Vote Jamie
I disagree.

We have 10 players. Do we know how many scum in the game? Any more than 2 and one of them can be gimped without hurting the scum team much if at all.

I'm not trying to push for a vote on him - my vote's not there - but I just don't want to start confirming people as town for horrible reasons.

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:27 am

I don't think he's that clever anyway.
Shots fired
Attachments
image.jpg

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 am

unvote: vote dechs kiason

*kpaca sits down dissipointed.*

*kpaca knows he is a good boy not because he is a dog, but because he is a good boy and stops any and all potential incursions from the vile cats*

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:27 am

We have 10 players. Do we know how many scum in the game? Any more than 2 and one of them can be gimped without hurting the scum team much if at all.
I'm pretty sure there's only two of them.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Unvote kpaca

Return to “Completed Games”