Terrorist Attacks in Paris

Kick a seat and discuss whatever you want. Laid back discussions mandatory!

Moderator: ( G_R )

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:09 pm

So it seems Europe had its own 2nd 9/11 (admittedly on a smaller scale) after the 11M bombings in Madrid.

For those not in the known, a commando of two guys entered a newspaper redaction and executed mostly all its members, after which they injured a policement and then executed him point blank with an AK47. There were fierce gunfights in the streets of Paris where the police couldn't do much with only their handguns.

Next day a third guy executes a policewoman with an AK47, then today takes hostages at a Jewish Kosher supermarket. At the same time the two guys are tracked and then shot after they exit a warehouse all guns blazing. 88,000 cops, over 10 helicopters with special forces and even a tank was called to the pursuit of those guys.

Guys claimed before doing their suicide by Cop routine that they were acting on behalf Al-Qaida from Yemen.

Thoughts, impressions?
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:58 am

Apparently it's in response to Charlie Hebdo (the satirical magazine that got attacked) depictions of Muhammed. Islam frowns on the depiction of the Prophet because he was worried about them worshiping him as a false idol after seeing Christianity do the same with Jesus. Horrible that now it's twisted so much you basically have the same result.

What I'm seeing and reading in the news about this reminds me a LOT of the Boston Marathon bombings. Not as many people died here (though hundreds were severely injured) because of the great hospitals in the area and medical staffing at the finish line for athletes, but the manhunt especially is eerily familiar. Whole cities being shut down and afraid of 2 crazies.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:07 am

Yeah we followed the whole ordeal live on TV. The biggest issue is they could have been easily apprehended/put down just after the shootings if it weren't for the fact that policemen were severely outgunned once they were facing assault weapons
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:51 pm

So the solution is more guns?
҉

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 pm

yes
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Midnight_v

Postby Midnight_v » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Basically yeah. Eliminates 1 venue of attack. Walk into Charlie Hebdo, the terrorist are shot dead by staff... (followed by a cute comic that week)
"All your passive
aggressive bullshit doesn't make you smart, it makes you an asshole." - Lightning Dolt

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:59 pm

You could put it the other way around. Its really too easy for anyone to get an AK47 on the black market in France. Like in the rest of western EU its almost impossible to do that. I'd focus more in tracking gun trafficking.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:01 am

"We condemn these terrorist attacks" cool, now what ?

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 am

150 kids at a school in Pakistan were killed last month, how many people cared. Do you think we will see 15 odd World leaders walking down the street arms linked together in all these other countries were it happens ?

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 am

Terrosrism and violence is bad, but does anyone look at the root cause instead of saying we condemn this for the 54254125512654725 time.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:09 am

They have given up counting dead bodies in boko barem Nigera, But 17 people got killed in Paris.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 am

you're such a boner killer
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 am

Why shouldn't I work for the nsa.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Terrosrism and violence is bad, but does anyone look at the root cause instead of saying we condemn this for the 54254125512654725 time.
What is the root cause, in your opinion?
҉

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 pm

The way some of these Muslims are raised. There are some that have jews kill charecters in their cartoons, teach youngsters that jews eat children and teach small children to aspire to kill people.

Be tough on terrorism thats fine, but also be tough on the root cause of terrorism.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:49 pm

Having said that im waiting for the next school shooting in America were 20 odd Teachers and Kids get killed by a lone gunman. So I guess some Americans cant restrain there kids either.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I dunno.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:51 pm

We are on a rock, spinning silently.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:12 pm

The way some of these Muslims are raised. There are some that have jews kill charecters in their cartoons, teach youngsters that jews eat children and teach small children to aspire to kill people.

Be tough on terrorism thats fine, but also be tough on the root cause of terrorism.
If you were the leader of a powerful western nation, how would you deal with that root cause?
҉

rianalnn
Tire Aficionado

Postby rianalnn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Double up on efforts to import oil from nicagagua, venezuela, and nigeria, begin imposing sanctions on any nation not meeting our approval for their own domsestic attempts at removing terrorism. We need to stop doing it ourselves and pressure nations to grow up or go backwards.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Sounds good. Doesn't solve the problem of kids watching TV though...

Anyway, it's a tough thing for governments to deal with. Canada and even the US have a bunch of home-grown terrorists, though maybe not as many as Australia apparently has. Threatening sanctions is cool and all, but I think it's probably tough to stop terrorism in any reasonable time frame, and perhaps even harder to measure success.
҉

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:31 pm

They have given up counting dead bodies in boko barem Nigera, But 17 people got killed in Paris.
I don't think there is an intrinsic flaw in being more shocked about the death of 17 in Paris than about the death of 2000+ in Nigeria. As sad as it is, life is much cheaper in some countries compared to other ones. I don't believe there is any white man's guilt to be had over it, thats just how things are :shrug:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 pm

If anything, World Vision is partly to blame for that one. In most people's minds, death is just something that happens in Africa.
҉

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Well, I think it goes slightly deeper than that. It's not that African lives aren't valued as much as French lives. Or that "death is just something that happens in Africa." But instead, though similar, I think it's that everybody believes Africa to be a war-torn continent. Death happens in warzones, people think Africa is a huge warzone, so it seems more normal in a twisted way. Paris, however, is a favorite vacation destination and hasn't seen war since WW2.

I think civilian casualties in areas of political and military conflict are seen much differently than civilian casualties in otherwise peaceful locales.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:41 pm

War torn is for sure a big factor, but poverty is at least as big. You're right that it's more like "death is just something that happens in war torn/impoverished places", so it's not just that contintent. Africa just happens to have both of those things in spades and, more importantly, both of those things are the first things that come to people's minds when you say "Africa". Makes it tough to make people care when your average North American wonders why Africans don't just move somewhere nicer.
҉

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Here we go again.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:21 am

Oh well

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:20 am

Damn kids.
҉

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 am

I was in Brussels the whole week. If I hadn't gone to the GP I was planning to see Eagles of Death Metal in my town the day after their show in Paris.

I know it's completely irrationnal but I was afraid the whole week-end.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Game over. Terrorists win.
҉

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 pm

"Abdelhamid Abaaoud, cerveau présumé des attentats de Paris, est mort dans l'assaut de Saint-Denis. "

Game over, France wins.

Only one left to catch.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:39 pm

It's interesting what ISIS is trying to do here. In the past we had the Taliban, a large group in control of a large territory that undoubtedly did bad things, but kept those bad things confined to their territory and were therefore largely ignored by the rest of the world. Contrast that with Al-Qaeda, a shadowy organization with no home of their own that specialized in killing people abroad. Apparently ISIS thinks they can get away with doing both at once. Seems crazy since France's response to the terrorist attack has a very concrete target... so they bomb the shit out of ISIS (to the surprise of no one).

The fact that it seems so crazy has me wondering at ISIS's actual motivations here. Shooting up Paris and bombing a Russian plane has pretty obvious consequences. Is it a question of economics somehow? Are they banking on no one else wanting the land they currently occupy? Do they think the West's response will allow them to recruit even more effectively abroad? Surely they can't consider these small acts of terrorism as the endgame.
҉

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:05 pm

No, its just that they are niggers.

Old article, but still relevant about why:

https://pando.com/2014/11/10/the-war-ne ... y-knew-ye/

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:11 pm

I mean, they killed 129 people? Big deal, 3700+ people die in car crashes every day :shrug:

I'm actually going out and grabbing a beer tonight, same as ever, there are million freedom-loving people doing the same tonight all over the world.

Let them behave like niggers, actually the world's military are more than keen to keep their fighter planes well oiled and in fitting fighting shape, not forgetting about this old obsolete ordinance that would be too expensive to decomission back home, now you can just drop it over some niggers, thanks Daesh ^_^

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm honestly surprised France beat Russia to bombing the fuck out of their headquarters. World history is FULL of examples of groups of people who made the lethal mistake of deciding to take on Russia (Napoleon and Nazi Germany are two examples off the top of my head.) You KNOW Putin's pissed off France already bombed ISIS because now THEY look like the bad-asses instead of Russia.

That being said, I'm growing increasingly sickened with my own country's response to this tragedy. (Several states, maybe more than half, IDK, have stated that they refuse to accept refugees from Syria.) It would be one thing if they gave the reasons one of my friends did for being anti-refugee (we have enough homeless and hungry that need help, so we don't need to take any more in), but they don't. They're ALL deciding this under "We can't let them in because they might be ISIS agents in disguise and they'll destroy us from the inside hur dur dur!!!" This shit makes me fucking sick. These are the same people who ACTUALLY believe every Muslim in the world is a terrorist. Racism at its' shittiest. Fucking tools.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Don't feel too bad for the US, there are actually Eastern European politicians claiming that refugees should be sent back to Syria so that they can fight back Daesh.

Empires rise and fall, but niggers are eternal

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:47 pm

That's ridiculous.

And, to be fair, I'm not against the opinion that they shouldn't be allowed here because we have our own problems. I don't agree with it as I find it incredibly selfish, but I can understand where people would be coming from with that stance.

What I have a problem with is the hate-filled rhetoric. I've seen lots of Americans saying, "Not all Christians are Westboro Baptist Church" as a means to knock some sense into these hateful assholes, and they just blow that argument off as, "That's not the same thing." No reasons as to WHY it's not the same thing, it's just not.

Bull-headed, hateful assholes are the reason I don't attend church anymore. I still adhere to my Christian upbringing (in my own way ;) ) but I refuse to step foot in a church UNLESS it's a family function. (Wedding, funeral, outing for holiday)

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Don't feel too bad for the US, there are actually Eastern European politicians claiming that refugees should be sent back to Syria so that they can fight back Daesh.

Empires rise and fall, but niggers are eternal
Like SERIOUSLY RIDICULOUS!!!

Do these people honestly believe that Syrian refugees decided to flee rather than fight? They don't think they WOULD fight if they COULD?!

I know for damn sure there are a shit ton of Americans who would die before we'd allow ISIS (or any other terrorist group, for that matter) to force us out of our home, and I have to imagine that citizens of other countries would feel the same way.

Pedrobear

Postby Pedrobear » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:24 am

A nice article about what ISIS is and what are their relation to Islam.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc ... ts/384980/

Long story short, their vision of the Coran is "correct" but they are stuck in the 7th century and they refuse to evolve.

Return to “H2O Cooler Talk”