[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manders » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

So instead, you chose to not claim, caused a no-lynch, and instead of rallying for even my own lynch (which would have been better than a no-lynch), you say nothing...
First of all, it was in no way MY FAULT that there was a no lynch. Everyone was slacking, then Shalako comes out of nowhere and ends the Day.
Secondly, I'm sick and tired of you using my activity against me. The underlined portion of your quote, to be specific. I had said, repeatedly, that I needed to re-read before I decided anything. Shalako ended the Day before I could get around to it.
Your goal as a vanilla is also to be the default lynch, to PREVENT a no-lynch from happening. When no one knows what to do in the game, guess
which roles they start with first?
Players who are acting scummy. Which, if you'll recall, was moreso you than I at the time. Several people thought you were scum. Only PhantomS thought I was.

Speaking of, where is he?
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Actually, the no-lynch was completely your fault. Had you actually claimed, we would have lynched you and had more options to go with today (had you been vanilla), or the lynch would have gone at me yesterday (had you been the PR you oh so hinted at being).

Instead, you balked, and I know I for one did not want to blindly hammer the potential last PR (which would have been either a bulletproof/doctor).

@Ximbad: STOP dancing around the question. Who is my scummate if they both can't be lying?

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:28 am

I want to hear more from kpaca before I move my vote off of him. He hasn't said much at all in game for some time. Manders argument is very tedious and the results of her actions have been extremely bad for the town, but Ximbad also makes a solid claim against the guardian. It's a tough spot. Seeing as there has been no doc counterclaim I'm going to say that lynching GR would be completely moronic. I feel like we're not giving manders enough credit if we're saying that she's town, because she has proven to be an awful townie if one, so that's where I'm leaning the strongest, but again, kpaca needs to talk more words.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Actually, the no-lynch was completely your fault. Had you actually claimed, we would have lynched you and had more options to go with today (had you been vanilla), or the lynch would have gone at me yesterday (had you been the PR you oh so hinted at being).

Instead, you balked, and I know I for one did not want to blindly hammer the potential last PR (which would have been either a bulletproof/doctor).

@Ximbad: STOP dancing around the question. Who is my scummate if they both can't be lying?
Your posts reek of desperation. I'm more sure you're scum than I've ever been before.

And go read that day again. I hinted at no such thing. I said I was targeted. You guys ASSUMED it was because I was a PR.
I want to hear more from kpaca before I move my vote off of him. He hasn't said much at all in game for some time. Manders argument is very tedious and the results of her actions have been extremely bad for the town, but Ximbad also makes a solid claim against the guardian. It's a tough spot. Seeing as there has been no doc counterclaim I'm going to say that lynching GR would be completely moronic. I feel like we're not giving manders enough credit if we're saying that she's town, because she has proven to be an awful townie if one, so that's where I'm leaning the strongest, but again, kpaca needs to talk more words.
I agree on GR (though I'm not sure how I missed his claim). That leaves Guardian and Ximbad as the last two scum unless Jones has thoroughly pulled the wool over my eyes...which is completely possible.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 am

Your posts reek of desperation. I'm more sure you're scum than I've ever
been before.

And go read that day again. I hinted at no such thing. I said I was targeted. You guys ASSUMED it was because I was a PR.
I agree on GR (though I'm not sure how I missed his claim).
That leaves Guardian and Ximbad as the last two scum unless Jones has thoroughly pulled the wool over my eyes...which is completely possible.
How pathetic.

You must be somewhat worried if you are taking my posts to be a cause for desperation. At this stage of the game, I really don't care if I get lynched or not. We essentially shot ourselves in the foot yesterday, and had I known you would force a no-lynch (and yes, YOU forced a no-lynch) I would have just brought the wagon back on me. At least with me gone, the remaining town could concentrate on finding the last two scum. Even if I was scum, the last thing I would sound is desperate. You would have no idea who "my" scumbuddy is, and still be in MloL, with my partner knowing the last real PR. I have such a hard time believing you to be town Manders, if you are really reading my posts that way. It feels like you are trying to paint me, shifting the no-lynch off of your shoulders.

And there has been no one I have seen
refuse to claim as a vanilla town.

@PS

You agree with Ximbad's point, even though his own belief had you and Manders pulling some sort of shot gambit?

As far as my play is concerned, I admit my town play has never been strong (and I quote, NEVER). But even with the mistakes I have made, it should be apparent than none of my actions make ANY sense from a mafia mindset (herf derf, vote town claimed PR, not hammer Manders, justifying it as a deadline lynch). Do whatever you want (town), but if you had the balls to lynch me, yesterday was the day. Move on, decide between Jones, Ximbad, or Manders, or hell, humor me and list who you think my scum buddy is, and see if we can't figure something out.

Tl:dr: I die, town loses. Belief or disbelief of that statement lies with you. Vote Manders

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Votecount later today hopefully. For sure D:<

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 pm

You KNEW I was refusing to claim. I am not responsible for the actions of others. Is it my fault they didn't vote me for it? Nope. So take your shit elsewhere. If you're not scum, then I'll be incredibly surprised.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Your scumbuddy is Ximbad. He can kill our doctor tonight all he wants, it makes no difference.

You are scum, your scumbuddy is narrowed down, the game is good to go.

We just need people to make their choices and vote already.

@ Shalako, can we get a prod on Jones, too?

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Hardly. You are responsible for the no-lynch yesterday You are so wrong, it's actually almost amusing. That arrogant assurance that I HAVE to be scum almost makes me almost want to self-vote myself, just to laugh at how you single handily destroyed the town between today and yesterday.

Almost...

I mean, the reason I normally don't like basics is that I have a hard time reading newbies. At the start of the day, GR was my biggest read for scum, with Jones for some reason, falling off my radar. Looking at the day today, excluding PS and GR they are 3 possible scum combinations: MH/Jones, Jones/Ximbad, MH/Ximbad. Out of the three, the least likely one I see is Jones/Manders.

Out of the two remaining, the only constant factor of a team that makes sense is Ximbad. While its obvious to those not in my position at least one veteran is mafia. Maybe its because Mander's logic has been so fucking horrible this game, but the
likely combination to me is Manders/Ximbad, which I really dislike, because that means I was completely wrong about Jones.

What I would suggest, instead of whining that "OH HO HO, I'm scum", is to make the combinations yourself and see what makes sense. GR/PS really can't because they would have 4 people instead of 3, but Jones, Manders, and Ximbad can. Just use my name in place of your own, and explain why you think that combination makes the most sense.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 pm

I'm done arguing with you.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm litterly going out of the door right now but I'll get on prods,

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:04 am

@The Guardian:

Do you think Yanni was busing Ximbad early game? I read those interactions and that pretty much has Ximbad labeled as town on my spreadsheet...
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:08 am

FTR: I'm leaning towards a Manders lynch, but I'd like to have more input from Jones first.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:40 am

If you have motivation to win this game, you will do as I request. If not, the only thing I can think of a response to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmyJ1RVfnPE

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 am

@G_R

Do you mind showing me what you are talking about? If you don't mind waiting, I can do it tomorrow, but it would be helpful. I am assuming you are looking at one specific interaction?

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 am

@The guardian: you entire argument that shows that you're town thus far has been "Since I'm town I know people who aren't me are scum." That's why I stopped responding to you as well as, I assume, manders.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 am

Maybe you both missed this part:
Just use my name in place of your own, and explain why you think that combination makes the most sense.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:53 pm

If you have motivation to win this game, you will do as I request. If not, the only thing I can think of a response to that:

Are you not listening to me anymore?

I've already said who the last two scum are. I cannot see any other possibility, other than Jones royally pulling one over on me. If that is the case, then I'd have to say it's you and Jones, not you and Ximbad.

And yes,
GR. I wouldn't put it past Yanni to bus early on.

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm

VoteCount!
Modagumbo jones (1)-PhantomS
Manders (1)- The Guardian
The Guardian (1)-Manders,
Not Voting: GR, Modagumbo Jones, Ximbad
With 6 Alive it is 4 to Lynch.

People who needed to be prodded were. I'll send a prod to PhantomS Late night/Early morning if he doesn't post.
Last edited by Shalako on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:30 am

VoteCount!
Modagumbo jones (1)-PhantomS
Manders (1)- The Guardian
The Guardian (1)-Manders,
Not Voting: GR, Modagumbo Jones
With 6 Alive it is 4 to Lynch.

People who needed to be prodded were. I'll send a prod to PhantomS Late night/Early morning if he doesn't post.
I'm still here.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:27 am

I've already said who the last two scum are. I cannot
see any other possibility, other than Jones royally pulling one over on me. If that is the case, then I'd have to say it's you and Jones, not you and Ximbad.

And yes, GR. I wouldn't put it past Yanni to bus early on.
Oh how amusing...

You state you believe the combination is me and Ximbad, I ask you to explain why Ximbad over Jones, and then in the same sentence, you mutter that it has to be Me and Jones if Jones is pulling one over you... NO SHIT. If you are actually town, the only possible combination of scum are between me, Jones, and Ximbad.

Even after I asked multiple times, Ximbad has refused to make any argument about whether Manders or Jones is my scum buddy. He also refuses to acknowledges Manders point about him being my scumbuddy. Even if we pretend I am colorblind, and my role has red text instead of blue, he refuses to acknowledge Mander's claim that he is my scum buddy. That bothers me a bit.

@Jones: I realize this game is hella painful, and I have played
horribly in the beginning. I only ask you to consider my points, look at both Manders and Ximbad's behavior, and how neither one of them seems concerned about tomorrow, only that I should die and move on, despite the situation tomorrow still being Mlol, and come to a decision.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 pm

I've already said who the last two scum are. I cannot see any other possibility, other than Jones royally pulling one over on me. If that is the case, then I'd have to say it's you and Jones, not you and Ximbad.

Oh how amusing...

You state you believe the combination is me and Ximbad, I ask you to explain why Ximbad over Jones, and then in the same sentence, you mutter that it has to be Me and Jones if Jones is pulling one over you... NO SHIT. If you are actually town, the only possible combination of scum are between me, Jones, and Ximbad.

Even after I asked multiple times, Ximbad has refused to make any argument about whether Manders or Jones is my scum buddy. He also refuses to acknowledges Manders point about him being my scumbuddy. Even if we pretend I am colorblind, and my role has red text
instead of blue, he refuses to acknowledge Mander's claim that he is my scum buddy. That bothers me a bit.

@Jones: I realize this game is hella painful, and I have played horribly in the beginning. I only ask you to consider my points, look at both Manders and Ximbad's behavior, and how neither one of them seems concerned about tomorrow, only that I should die and move on, despite the situation tomorrow still being Mlol, and come to a decision.
Manders is either wrong and kpaca is scum or she is scum herself. What is there to discuss?

As to who is your scum buddy either manders or kpaca (no shit).

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 am

@G_R

Do you mind showing me what you are talking about? If you don't mind waiting, I can do it tomorrow, but it would be helpful. I am assuming you are looking at one specific interaction?
Here you go:
http://community.ist.utl.pt/search.php? ... hor=Yannus
Funny. Now that I reread the above link, he was also emphasizing you as a good lynch. The way he handled himself on the day he got lynched, I can easily see him busing both scum buddies in order to
distance himself, which would end up being too obvious if either of you flip scum.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:25 am

G_R

I wouldn't be surprised if he bussed both buddies. In fact, the way he briefly mentions PS in his last sentence, he could be trying to paint the picture he is distancing from him, so that if Yanni flipped mafia, Phantom could be a potential mislynch.

@Ximbad

-_- (not sure if super scum, or just really new (regardless of alignment))

Let's pretend I'm mafia. Let's then assume I get lynched, blah blah blah, The Guardian was that falcon thing, Mafia Usurper. Go to night, G_R is the obvious night kill. Tomorrow comes leaving Manders, Jones, Phantom, and yourself. With 1 mafia left, you are still in MloL. PS is cleared which is good, you have one person to trust. But, you are still in the exact same situation as today. In other words, having an idea about what to do tomorrow is recommended.

You seem insanely unwilling to pick a side on either or. It's only "lynch the Guardian&
quot;, without a care in the world for tomorrow if you are right. The only reason I want to save you tomorrow is that aside from your unwillingness to leave your fence, my scum read on you is contingent on Manders and Jones not being scum together (a conclusion that if wrong, I will lose either way).

Out of gameRandomly off topic, if I am right about you Ximbad, I think I will have to buy Ziontie a steak =p.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 am

*bump*

Prods?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

@G_R

Here you go:
http://community.ist.utl.pt/search.php? ... hor=Yannus
Funny. Now that I reread the
above link, he was also emphasizing you as a good lynch. The way he handled himself on the day he got lynched, I can easily see him busing both scum buddies in order to distance himself, which would end up being too obvious if either of you flip scum.
I wouldn't bet on him attempting to bus both of his buddies. Any good mafia player knows not to link yourself to your scum buddies too badly, and attempting to bus them both on the first day is just over-the-top retarded, even for Yanni. Besides, I'm not scum, so no, he wasn't bussing me.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:59 pm

OMG can we get some progress here?

Shalako, you are sorely needed. If you can't keep up, please authorize one of the dead guys to take over/assist and give them the setup.

Christ on a bike!

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:48 am

*bump*

Prods?
Lemme eloquent this like I want.

PhantomS has previously stated to myself that posting is important; I think it's safe to assume that that also applies to himself.

KP is presumably on an Undeclared V/LA due to Spring Break and a combination of real life distractions.

I've stated that they need to post or I will go about trying to find a replacement in the latest prod and I'll be able to do that in a Day or so hopefully.

Shalako, you are sorely needed. If
you can't keep up, please authorize one of the dead guys to take over/assist and give them the setup.

Christ on a bike!
My father disappeared and I've been busy trawling the local bars, Police Stations and Hospitals trying to find him. (Obv since I'm now posting I found him.)

However in the event of my extended disappearance the Set-Up is "on file" and The User formerly known as Clock King will be able to delegate a replacement for myself.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:20 am

*bump*

Prods?
Lemme eloquent this like I want.

PhantomS has previously stated to myself that posting is important; I think it's safe to assume that that also applies to himself.

KP is presumably on an Undeclared V/LA due to Spring Break and a combination of real life distractions.

I've stated that they need to post or I will go about trying to find a replacement in the latest prod and I'll be able to do that in a Day or so hopefully.

Shalako, you are sorely needed. If you can't keep up, please authorize one of the dead guys to take over/assist and give them the setup.

Christ on a bike!
My father disappeared and I've been busy trawling the local bars, Police Stations and Hospitals trying to find him. (Obv since I'm now posting I found him.)

However in the event of my extended disappearance the Set-Up is "on file" and The User formerly known as Clock King will be able to delegate a replacement for myself.
I'm glad you found him, and I thank you for telling us who to go to if you disappear again. :p

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 am

Sparks fly in this heated battle....

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:50 am

This is getting God damn ridiculous.

Shalako I can understand, but ffs: There are FOUR MORE OF YOU (not including Manders). Clearly, there is nothing left to talk about. From what I can tell, myself and PS are for a Manders lynch, while Ximbad and Manders are for my own lynch. G_R seems slight leaning towards Manders, while Jones seems slightly towards me.

The irony being is that unless one of us switches, we are at a standstill...

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 am

I'd like to hear from Jones.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:32 pm

This is getting God damn ridiculous.

Shalako I can understand, but ffs: There are FOUR MORE OF YOU (not including Manders). Clearly, there is nothing left to talk about. From what I can tell, myself and PS are for a Manders lynch, while Ximbad and Manders are for my own lynch. G_R seems slight leaning towards Manders, while Jones seems slightly towards me.

The irony being is that unless one of us switches, we are at a standstill...
This is hilarious seeing as how PhantomS is voting for Jones and hasn't posted in forever.

Jones, PLEASE GET IN HERE.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Ok, I think we've waited long enough. This is ridiculous.

@ Shalako Please replace both Jones and PhantomS. This game is going to die if you don't, and this is the first game on this new site, so we do NOT want it to die!

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 pm

Do we have the users for a replacement?

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 am

Working on it.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Contact Iso and Seppel.

Tell them I said pretty please with sugar on top!

Shalako

Postby Shalako » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Contact them how.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm

On Sally. Or are you banned?

Eh, I'll ask them myself.

Die Store Moval
Newcomer

Postby Die Store Moval » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm replacing in for Jones. Give me my role PM.

Return to “Completed Games”