[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

I think you're town, I just find your FOS argument interesting. If people are scum they usually fold under question of finger of suspicions
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

I see, you're saying that FOS is scummy because its similar to what Ximbad was doing which is jumping between votes, except FOS avoids getting caught in a myslinch so it would keep scum under the radar. Its what you are saying right? I'd vote for Ximbad then but then the question is, where are the advantages of making FOS? surely there more than just negatives
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

FoS is something that becomes less and less relevant as the game progressing. I believe that we're at a point in the game where short of bringing the hammer down for a lynch, anything less than a vote doesn't mean much.

I'm not sure if we're stagnating because it's day one or because people are already just bored with the game. I would like to hear arguments as to why anybody thinks that Yanni isn't scum. I also don't hate voting Ximbad.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I see, you're saying that FOS is scummy because its similar to what Ximbad was doing which is jumping between votes, except FOS avoids getting caught in a myslinch so it would keep scum under the radar. Its what you are saying right? I'd vote for Ximbad then but then the question is, where are the advantages of making FOS? surely there more than just negatives
Yes, that would be one of the main reasons. Also that generally the more spineless players do its, I respect someone who has the balls to come out and really passionately vote someone with a solid case.

I honestly think people don't think about the game here, maybe they forget.
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Yanni has done basically nothing and I feel you are just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks phantom

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:17 pm

How about you counter my charge and give me some good reasons why he is scum? Lets not forget that most of his posts were in RVS

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

How about you counter my charge and give me some good reasons why he is scum? Lets not forget that most of his posts were in RVS
Your charge was that he usually plays this badly when he's town IIRC?

Most of his posts were made in the style of RVS, but made after the point where RVS was a thing anybody should have been doing. Most of his posts were also just "lolrvs" when people were casting non-random votes. How is this not telling?

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Yanni has done basically nothing and I feel you are just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks phantom
Also, by this metric, who really has done anything?

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Your charge was that he usually plays this badly when he's town IIRC?

Most of his posts were made in the style of RVS, but made after the point where RVS was a thing anybody should have been doing. Most of his posts were also just "lolrvs" when people were casting non-random votes. How is this not telling?
Have you met the same Yanni I know?

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Also, by this metric, who really has done anything?
Mafia is like court, we are trying to find out if he is guilty. I say you have no evidence he has done nothing wrong, you cannot agree but say "Well what good has he done?" because it doesn't make him scum

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Christ sake, what have most the people done this game? Are they all scum?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Vote Ximbad then.

Also the insistence of PhantomS on Yanni is unsettling. Yanni is just dumb. period. Everything he does up to the final day one votecount is to be discarded
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 pm

But we love him for it

Now can people come and post before I keep going in circles

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 pm

The two wagons being ximbad and yanni? Like I said earlier I too feel like ximbad is being suspicious and that yanni is an idiot. I'm on my phone so I can't really review everyone's posts again right now but I also think it is dangerous to go too far on the "yanni is an idiot" wagon because it's basically giving him a free pass if he was scum.

More in a while, this probably doesn't make much sense
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm

My question to everybody is then, how many day 1 lynches have you been 100% certain on? I see some people completely crack, but it's super rare.

I also really, REALLY hate the "Yanni is just stupid Yanni everybody knows he's useless." argument. Yes, it's true, but if that's what we're going to factor into the game will there be ANYTHING he can do that makes you vote for him? I get that you don't like the wagon on him right now, but this argument is super bad.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Vote Ximbad then.

Also the insistence of PhantomS on Yanni is unsettling. Yanni is just dumb. period. Everything he does up to the final day one votecount is to be discarded
Like this? What the hell is this? You are specifically giving Yanni a day one free pass because he is a documented moron?

I don't even know who to call it scummy on because literal everyone is doing it. I don't even...

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Fair enough. I failed to factor in that this is your first mafia game.

Unvote
So?
I just tend to be careful when voting.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:46 am

The two wagons being ximbad and yanni? Like I said earlier I too feel like ximbad is being suspicious and that yanni is an idiot. I'm on my phone so I can't really review everyone's posts again right now but I also think it is dangerous to go too far on the "yanni is an idiot" wagon because it's basically giving him a free pass if he was scum.

More in a while, this probably doesn't make much sense
Why is xim being suspicious? And I want to see quote analysis!
My question to everybody is then, how many day 1 lynches have you been 100% certain on? I see some
people completely crack, but it's super rare.

I also really, REALLY hate the "Yanni is just stupid Yanni everybody knows he's useless." argument. Yes, it's true, but if that's what we're going to factor into the game will there be ANYTHING he can do that makes you vote for him? I get that you don't like the wagon on him right now, but this argument is super bad.
How many bad posts does it take to convince you someone is scum? I agree that a single cut meta policy is bad, but at this point in the game I'm not convinced Yanni is scum. Those few posts haven't sentenced him.

Day one lynches... meh. Usually someone new fucks up, but last year the mafia won more than town on sally. The point is that we are looking for scum phantom and I don't want to jump to conclusions and lose a townie just because day one lynches are bad. No, we are trying to get a good lynch off.
Vote Ximbad then.

Like this? What the hell is this? You are specifically giving Yanni a day one free pass because he is a documented moron?

I don't even know who to call it scummy on because literal everyone is doing it. I don't even...
You are aware you have another 10 players you can analyze? Why are you tunneling on yanni so much?
Fair enough. I failed to factor in that this is your first mafia game.

Unvote
So?
I just tend to be careful when voting.
No I mean the noob card. The noob card is more harmful than the supposed stupid yanni card

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

My question to everybody is then, how many day 1 lynches have you been 100% certain on? I see some people completely crack, but it's super rare.

If Yanni keeps posting badly, he will be lynched fairly quickly anyway

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:25 pm

You are aware you have another 10 players you can analyze? Why are you tunneling on yanni so much?
The most scummy non-Yanni posts are the ones that indiscriminately state that players won't vote for Yanni because he sucks. The problem is that a whole grip of people are thinking that way. I'm not going to jump off the wagon that I believe is correct just because it's unpopular. I'll look back and scrutinize everybody that's defending Yanni so staunchly, but at the end of the day if I think that's scummy isn't it only because I believe Yanni to be scum?

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

unvote

vote:killjoy

His only post was on the first saying he would check-in later.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

i have ximbad filed under suspicious for his comment about the yanni wagon being "too thin."

considering how few people have posted there isn't a whole lot to go on right now.

i wasn't saying xim should be lynched, i was just giving my opinion on the two wagons you were asking me about.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 pm

yeah maybe we should just lynch a lurker and streamline the game since we are clueless :V

(though that reasoning doesn't bode well for yanni)

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

unvote

So, instead of asking for a prod we're going to vote for some guy that we know literal nothing about? And we're going to do so as part of a chain of vote/unvote because vote wherever just lynch someone? Not to mention that there is a healthy amount of other players that could use prods... I am not about to start saying that I don't want Yanni's head, but Ximbad just did a fantastic job of bringing himself to the forefront.

unvote: Yanni
vote: Ximbad

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

Mod prod everyone btw

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 am

Checking in.

I am fine with Ximbad, if no one wants to do Manders. There has been at least two votes thrown at him, and he doesn't even address them, only deciding in his last post to chase KJ.

Unvote MH, Vote Ximbad

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 am

Checking in.

I am fine with Ximbad, if no one wants to do Manders. There has been at least two votes thrown at him, and he doesn't even address them, only deciding in his last post to chase KJ.

Unvote MH, Vote Ximbad
lol

Vote guardian

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 am

unvote

lol confirmed vote

the guardian's vote looks weird.

prods all around

teefo
Tire Aficionado

Postby teefo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

i don't think any vote for ximbad is that weird right now i mean most of his posts have been random votes

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Guardian basically Mitt Romney'd it with that sentence, he is just jumping onto a wagon at an opportunistic time

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm

unvote

Vote Ximbad

I don't think it will get you off the hook, but I would like to hear your explanation for that vote.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:03 pm

I would like to be a replacement for this game.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Ximbad wagon is bad and you should all feel bad

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Ximbad wagon is bad and you should all feel bad
please expound

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Checking in.

Unvote MH, Vote Ximbad
What... Ugh... Are all of you just scum? I'm not going to vote TG just yet as I'm not sure when I'll next be on and that wagon appears to be picking up steam rather quickly, but it is likely I will come back and vote TG after I get a chance to sit down and reread things when I'm not ass tired.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Well lets take a look at the ximbad wagon:

imopen2's vote is an accidental quote issue
Ximbad seems really adept at throwing around votes testing the waters, then removing them

FOS Ximbad
Do you think scum would throw their vote around 2-3 pages into the game, considering they want to stay under the radar day 1? Especially someone like xim who understands the game of mafia? You basically voted him for voting a bunch of players around the time of RVS and somehow that makes him definite scum?
unvote

So, instead of asking for a prod we're going to vote for some guy that we know literal nothing about? And we're going to do so as part of a chain of vote/unvote because vote wherever just lynch someone? Not to mention that there is a healthy amount of other players that could use prods... I am not about to start saying that I don't want Yanni's head, but Ximbad just did a fantastic job of bringing himself to the forefront.

unvote: Yanni
vote: Ximbad
Ximbad votes a lurker with a suspicious only and last post, at this point xims policy of lynching a suspicious lurker (That nobody else is voting mind you) is much better than the yanni wagon and now this
horrible xim wagon I'm dissecting. Not to mention when the lurker comes back he cannot just /barn some other players and just join a wagon, xim is actively hunting and will get a response from kill joy when he comes back now.
unvote

Vote Ximbad

I don't think it will get you off the hook, but I would like to hear your explanation for that vote.
Voting to apply pressure of an answer. I'm assuming GR is unsure of his alignment unlike phantom who seems to be 100% sure of xims alignment.

Basically 2 of the votes on the wagon aren't even a real "You are scum" votes and the other 2 are votes because someone is actively hunting and made votes during RVS.

Guardian is a better wagon at this point and if you cannot see it then this town is walking around lost.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 pm

unvote

Vote Ximbad

Lynching lurkers is pretty standard. The day was winding down, and while there were some good conversations, nothing really points to anyone being very scummy. I've got Phantasmo and teefo pegged as town, but not much else.

If shalako was willing to replace killjoy, I'm sure he'd
do so before killjoy was lynched. Asking for prods doesn't seem to be doing much.

The game slowed down quite a bit so something had to happen. Lynching someone who wasn't going to post, or prodding shalako into replacing both seem like good outcomes to me.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

Shalako
Je mourrai pour ceux que j'aime

Postby Shalako » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I'll be able to Do prods/vote count later in the day; I got stuck in a creek while trying to get a log out.

Alas no crawdads were to be seen.

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:47 pm

I'll be able to Do prods/vote count later in the day; I got stuck in a creek while trying to get a log out.

Alas no crawdads were to be seen.
Were you trying to catch shellfish?

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Lol at Captain Murphy. Just dismisses the wagon, and votes for me, despite not explaining why.

Ximbad was playing poorly, whether he understands the game or not. Also, you have been asked twice why you are voting for me, and have yet to explain why, aside from saying I "Mitt Romneyed" that wagon.

Return to “Completed Games”