Pauper Cube!

Your Cube subforum

Moderator: Checkbox

Mr. Metronome
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Pauper Cube!

Postby Mr. Metronome » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 pm

I've recently finished putting together a Pauper Cube, and the first couple drafts with it have been loads of fun. Once it's up on CubeTutor I'll post a link.

I think part of why I like Pauper Cube a lot is that where regular cube feels like underpowered constructed, Pauper feels a lot more like classic limited play just with ONLY good cards, and a lot of sweet ones that haven't seen a lot of play.

So far, the draft able archetypes include an aggressive or tempo deck in every colour combo, and a control deck in most colour combos too. A friend got the sick UK Flicker deck with Momentary Blink, while the person next to him drafted an alright GWr Hexproof deck.

For those who haven't played Pauper or Pauper cube before, definitely don't dismiss it as underpowered/boring.

Anyone else have a Pauper cube of their own, or have drafted a friends?

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 am

I actually have a peasant cube and it's a freakin' blast. I originally threw it together to see if I would enjoy the format without having to put hardly any money into it and it's so awesome that I am going to build a regular cube as well.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Anyone else have a Pauper cube of their own, or have drafted a friends?
Cubetutor has a few "stock" Pauper lists that I have liked. They play some of the more broken commons but I think it's balanced out by the fact that removal is piss-poor. Pauper as a constructed format gets a little stale because of 4-of counters and all of the best tempo cards, so Cube does a good job of fixing that problem.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:47 pm

I like to look at established cubes as a starting point. When enough people but their testing experience together, you can come up with some pretty refined lists, which I then like to test myself to find out what specifically I like or don't
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Return to “Maze of Ith (Cube)”