Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

Decklists intended for multiplayer games can be posted here

Moderator: Manasjap

Jack
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

Postby Jack » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Shit, something has gone terribly wrong and I want another EDH deck :argh:

[deck]Comboey Goodness[/deck]
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-08-14-niv-mizzet/
I haven't played it yet, but it seems like a lot of fun. The only problem is, I'm strongly
considering purchasing a $500 guitar and a legacy deck in the near future as well.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:05 am

I've acquired most of this deck, and might end up doing a bit of a write up for it if I find the time.
Sig by NBW.

DarthStabber
Tire Aficionado

Postby DarthStabber » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Seems a little light on removal, if you want to play fastish "wheel combo" you are way better off with nekusar as there are more options for magnifying the pain. NIV is generally better as a control commander, playing slower Counterspell game. Its ironic given that I am playing nekusar as a slow control, when theoretically I could do something similar and better with the combo version, but I am intentionally playing against that due to local meta (and personal taste). I would still say you would do well with a couple more boardwipes, like earthquake, and if you can get ftv: annihilation anywhere near msrp, rolling earthquake. Washout is another fantastic option. Not telling you to go full control, even without that you want some more reset buttons. Also, why no forbid, it's probably the best Counterspell in commander, and it's not like you don't have the card draw to feed it.
thanks to nbw for the sig.
You do need to try to gay it up a little more.

You're like the least gay member of this clan.

And that's counting the fact that you voluntarily have sex with men.

Return to “Multiplayer Commander Decklists”