The Bridgeburners

Other developing decks

Moderator: LP, of the Fires

Toblakai
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

The Bridgeburners

Postby Toblakai » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:15 pm

[deck]The Bridgeburners[/deck]

So I wanted to take a shot at a decent deck that can make use of Figure of Destiny and Kargan Dragonlord. I think the snow lands have terrible artwork (nothing beats Guay Mountains), hence Flame Javelin over Skred...plus Eidolon won't hit me for Javelin. So I opted for a semi-devotion shell. It can go big with Nykthos, but isn't overly reliant on Nykthos. Koth does his fair share of the acceleration. Obsidian Fireheart was added as a fun card; something else to do with mana from Nykthos,
plus it can help your devotion count. Zo-Zu is my meager defense against Scapeshift. Fireheart will usually slide out for Zo-Zu in those games. Suggestions to get the most out of FoD and KDL?

Wither makes Boggart Ram-Gang especially tempting. Some other thoughts: using cheap sweeps like Pyroclasm, spot removal in the form of Flame Slash/Flame Javelin, bigger creatures like Obsidian Fireheart, Cyclops Gladiator, Boartusk Liege, Stormbreath Dragon with some number of Koths. Mostly creatures that can dodge 'Bolt. Perhaps Burning-Tree Shaman, then some combination of the previously mentioned 4-drops, capping with Stormbreath.
Last edited by Toblakai on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:52 pm

I do like the thought of Zo-Zo as Scapeshift protection. Has he been working out?
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Toblakai

Postby Toblakai » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:58 pm

He's done his fair share of work. The trick is getting him past Remand.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:15 pm

Except scapeshift really isn't a deck that you need 3 sideboard cards for specifically.
Sig by NBW.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 pm

And I think you'll find that Fireheart is even worse than normal in a deck where most of your other mana sinks are much stronger.
Sig by NBW.

Toblakai

Postby Toblakai » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Fireheart is first on the chopping block for Ram-Gangs.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Except scapeshift really isn't a deck that you need 3 sideboard cards for specifically.
Lol, you'd be surprised. I've been bringing in Cryoclasm + Peak Eruption along with the maindeck Molten Rains and it can still be tough if you're not running through your nutdraw. Of course, I say this as a Burn player though.

The Punisher is a must answer threat, much like Eidolon at times. It's plausible that he'd also be good in other decks that really want to hit land drops, like Rock and U/w/x.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Return to “Developing”