Ideas for Chainer, Dementia Warden

Discussions about the EDH/Commander format

Moderator: Manasjap

Gatts
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Ideas for Chainer, Dementia Warden

Postby Gatts » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Any good reanimator targets or other support spells for a Chainer, Dementia Warden deck? I got a hold of him and Kokusho, the Evening Star so I knew it had to be.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Any good reanimator targets or other support spells for a Chainer, Dementia Warden deck? I got a hold of him and Kokusho, the Evening Star so I knew it had to be.
Eldrazi that don't shuffle your yard with annihilate 2 or more like Pathrazer of Ulamog, Artisan of Kozilek, are pretty good ways of throwing down a lot of damage and potentially wiping someone's manabase off the map if you get it done early enough, especially if you have greaves and/or boots down.

Obviously, recursive removal such as Garza's Assasin, Shriekmaw, Fleshbag Marauder, and Bone Shredder can be powerful. You might have to cut back on some of those depending on how much black is in your meta.

Disciple of Bolas,
possibly. Nirkana Revenant and Crypt Ghast. Some people might lump Magus of the Coffers in, I wouldn't care for it though, no immediate benefit.

Massacre Wurm. Duplicant. Sheoldred. Xiahou Dun. That probably hits a lot of the high points for recursion targets.

Pack in as much card draw and mana doublers as you can, add some hand disruption a la Persecute, Mind Twist, Mind Sludge, Myojin of Night's Whisper (Head Games won't feed the yard, but is worth considering anyways), don't forget your tutor spells, profit? Probably include a number of ways besides Kokusho to feed your life total.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:37 am

I second the need for mana doublers. I built this deck and it's super mana hungry. You're gonna want things like crypt ghast doubling cube, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Gauntlet of Power. I'd also add Darksteel Plate since making Chainer indestructible will help a lot. You'll also want sac outlets such as
[cards]High Market
Ashnod's Altar
Altar of Dementia
Phyrexian Altar[/cards]

Return to “Command Tower (EDH/Commander)”