My awful M15 prerelease

Subforum for the Limited environment

Moderator: imopen2

Elricity
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

My awful M15 prerelease

Postby Elricity » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:31 pm

I haven't taken the time to upload the two matches I played (I got byes for the other 2) but I had a pull where I was originally tempted to go GB and instead drifted WB so I had some more early creatures. Then, sideboarding, I went GBw instead just for the white removal.

MDU asked me to torture share this with you.

M15 prerelease video

I'll try and get the other videos up...sometime this week? It's a busy week for me. Hopefully I redeemed myself in the end with some of my sideboard games.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 pm

I played two events, the free one and one I actually paid for. Got smashed in the first, and 2-0 in the second one. :D

In both I noticed that [mana]RB[/mana] decks are the most hard to beat, with the exception of that [mana]WG[/mana] guy who drew more than one [card]Ajani's Pridemate[/card]s and tons of ways of gaining life. Annoying.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

DerWille

Postby DerWille » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 pm

I think you had a really solid BG list. I think I would have tried something like

[deck]
Creatures (15)
1 Satyr Wayfinder
2 Venom Sliver
1 Invasive Species
1 Gargoyle Sentinel
2 Netcaster Spider
1 Witch's Familiar
1 Gravedigger
1 Living Totem
1 Zof Shade
2 Shadowcloak Vampire
1 Genesis Hydra
1 Siege Wurm

Spells (6)
1 Sign in Blood
2 Hunt the Weak
2 Flesh to Dust
1 Endless Obedience

Planeswalkers (1)
1 Garruk, Apex Predator

Land (18)
9 Swamp
8 Forest
1 Llanowar Wastes
[/deck]

You pulled a lot of great ETB creatures in Satyr Wayfinder, Gravedigger, Living Totem, and Genesis Hydra for Invasive Species to get value out of. Gravedigger + Endless Obedience lets you get your non-Garruk bombs back or hell, just 1/1 deathtouchers. I like Zof Shade more than I probably should, but I have a soft spot for mana sinks. 18 land may be unnecessary, but with a 7 drop and a fairly heavy top end plus
Genesis Hydra, I thought that hitting land drops would be more important than usual.

The Hunt the Weaks may be too weak for this deck. A lot of the deck is stall with X/3's but fighting your deathtouchers could be good enough.

inb4 Madding drops knowledge bombs all over my shit.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Yeah, ultimately I figured that out at the last although I think I spashed white for a couple of pillars and only 1 hunt/flesh. I was going to upload the 2 matches I played so you can see the evolution of me realizing my GB pool was actually better than I originally thought. Youtube is being a dick at the moment though.

Generally my only experience with limited is prereleases so I suck.

Return to “Tranquil Cove (Limited - Sealed and Draft)”