Amazing Spider Man coming to an end

Movies, TV, Videos, etc...

Moderator: ( G_R )

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Amazing Spider Man coming to an end

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 am

I got this on my email today:
Attention Spider-Man subscribers:

Writer Dan Slott has been building to something VERY big for Spider-Man, culminating in an historic final issue for one of Marvel's most iconic and longest-running series, with Amazing Spider-Man #700. That's right, this will be the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man, and the dramatic events that unfold in this issue will yield an all-new title that will replace it, with Superior Spider-Man #1, by Dan Slott and Ryan Stegman! Your subscription to Amazing Spider-Man will be transferred to Superior Spider-Man with the first issue. Don't miss your chance to jump on board with this ground-breaking new Spidey title!
I got nostalgic to see the title go, but I'm expectant to see what the new one brings.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 am

That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:33 am

I haven't followed the story in years, but basically, they changed the name?

Meh, so long as joe quesada is still involved with marvel, I won't buy it (or read it for that matter).

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 pm

they're redoing either the creative teams, titles, or both on all their properties ala new 52 minus resetting the universe so that old readers don't have to pretend years of reading never happened and new readers have a jumping-on point.

i do think a lot of these titles don't do a good job of establishing the characters for new readers like a new jumping on point should do (most of them assume you know who the guys are, which you shouldn't do, even for titles like the Avengers).

that said, they've done an exponentially better job at creating good comics compared with the new 52. of the titles i've read since marvel next started doing things, only thunderbolts has been barely-legible, but that's also because they took away the whole purpose of the thunderbolts team (yes, i know having a leader with the nickname thunderbolt is a new spin on a different formula, but this is just x-force without mutants).

AtriumXP
Newcomer

Postby AtriumXP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 pm

I haven't followed the story in years, but basically, they changed the name?

Meh, so long as joe quesada is still involved with marvel, I won't buy it (or read it for that matter).
They're not just changing the name... It's a major shake-up and like the clone saga, polarizing fans.

I won't post spoilers unless you want me to, but it's a pretty major storyline.

Khaospawn
Khaospawn's beautiful and unique title

Postby Khaospawn » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:31 pm

This is news to me. I'll take any and all spoilers.
In a pinch, Khaos' beard can help turn this around.
I rarely skip a Khaospawn wall of text because I know there is always piss at the end of the rainbow.

Return to “Media”