This short tutorial explains step-by-step how you can post a frontpage article if you are a registered user in the frontpage.
0) First of all make post your article/primer in the appropriate subforum (It can be the "Articles" public subforum for articles that do not fit elsewhere, "Theory and Strategy" for articles about general MTG strategy, "EDH" for EDH primers, etc...
Important!: Don't forget to link to the your post at the end (something like: "Discuss this article [url]here[/url]. This is redundant for the forum post but will come in handy when you ship it to the frontpage! This ensures people will be able to discuss/comment your article in the forums after reading it in the frontpage.
1) Now head to the frontpage and login if you are not automatically logged on. Click on the corresponding frontpage menu
n2) An additional menu should appear at the top of the page. Click on the "Add content" link. A new menu will open. If you cannot see the menu, try the direct link: http://diestoremoval.com/frontpage/user ... y=node/add
3) Click on "article". A new page appears, where you can edit the details of your new article.
3.1) Enter your article title in the first box
3.2) Enter the comma separated keywords of your article. For example "EDH; primer; multicolor"
Now comes the more difficult part. The "body" is the html source of your article.
As of 11th February 2015, this is what you should put:
3.3) Now comes the tricky part! Time to pay some attention.
3.3.1) First click on your own post. For this one for example, the link is [url=http://diestoremoval.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=237322#
3.3.2) Now on your browser click on "View page source" and look for your post content. it will be everything comprised between <div class="postbody">the html code of your post</div>. For example, this post 's code is:
3.4) You are nearly finished! Now select "Full html" in the text format box
3.5) Upload an image for your article (this is optional but always nice to have)
4) Now we need to parse the deck tags. For now we are doing this more or less manually.
4.1) First download the excel file for this: http://diestoremoval.com/ManualDeckParser.xlsx and open it
4.2) Copy and paste your deck tags in cell D7
4.2) Select the deck number (1 for first deck of the article, 2 for the second, etc...). Cell D1
4.3) Type Y if the deck has more than one column, N otherwise. Cell D2
4.3.1) Put an x in the relevant cell of column A (Column break), indicating where there is a column break. You can post multiple x's
4.4) Type Y if the deck has a sideboard, N otherwise. Cell D3
4.4.1) Similar to 4.3.1) type an x in the relevant cell of column B (Sideboard), indicating where the sideboard is.
4.5) type an x in the relevant cell of column C (End of Deck), indicating where the deck ends (location of [/deck]).
4.6) copy the content of Cell F1 and replace the deck tags [deck*]...[/deck*] by the content of F1
Repeat steps 4.1)-4.6) for all the other deck tags, increasing the number in 4.2)
5) Now click save and you are done! Important!: Remember to notify an editor so he can properly arrange your article in the frontpage.
Post here if you have an article you'd like to post in the frontpage
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests