Jhoira of the Ghitu

Decklists intended for multiplayer games can be posted here

Moderator: Manasjap

Azrael
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Jhoira of the Ghitu

Postby Azrael » Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Just slapped this together in a couple evenings, I'd imagine it's got a long way to go.

Thought process behind it so far has been to suspend fatties, hide behind counterspells, potentially blow up everyone's mana, win. Couple things I noticed from goldfishing was that 10 slots of land hate seemed pretty redundant so I slashed that down to 5., Also that Jhoira is really hungry for card draw: since you can suspend cards for really cheap, she's really good at dumping cards from your hand if you're so inclined.

Aside from general comments, I could probably use suggestions on ridiculously splashy and expensive cards to suspend.

[deck]Jhoira of the Ghitu

A7
1x Mana Crypt
1x Sol Ring
1x Thada Adel, Acquisitor
1x Fabricate
1x Trinket Mage
1x Thran Dynamo
1x Gilded Lotus

A12
1x Negate
1x Counterspell
1x Mana Drain
1x Exclude
1x Forbid
1x Stoic Rebuttal
1x Spell Crumple
1x Hinder
n1x Dissolve
1x Rewind
1x Cryptic Command
1x Force of Will

A8
1x Pyroblast
1x Red Elemental Blast
1x Pongify
1x Rapid Hybridization
1x Curse of the Swine
1x Chaos Warp
1x Treachery
1x Gilded Drake

A6
1x Back to Basics
1x Ruination
1x Wildfire
1x Jokulhaups
1x Decree of Annihilation
1x Obliterate

A13
1x Recurring Insight
1x Concentrate
1x Braingeyser
1x Mind Spring
1x Deep Analysis
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Fact or Fiction
1x Tidings
1x Jace's Ingeuity
1x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1x Opportunity
1x Arcanis, the Omniponent
1x Consecrated Sphinx

A15
1x Trench Gorger
1x Sphinx Ambassador
1x Ulamog's Crusher
1x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
1x Bribery
1x Artisan of Kozilek
1x Pathrazer of Ulamog
1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
1x Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
1x Knowledge Exploitation
1x Time Stretch
1x Lightning Greaves
1x Diluvian primordial
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Blighsteel Colossus

38 Lands[/deck]

razzliox
Newcomer

Postby razzliox » Mon May 26, 2014 1:26 am

38 lands seems pretty high. you also need a better early game. try going to 34 and including mystic remora and rhystic study. there's no reason not to throw bust in there, preferentially over back to basics.

i don't like X spells in this deck - you're too mana-hungry and want to be suspending spells.
Check out my Jarad Primer!

Check out the Competitive EDH Subreddit!!

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 am

38 lands seems pretty high. you also need a better early game. try going to 34 and including mystic remora and rhystic study. there's no reason not to throw bust in there, preferentially over back to basics.

i don't like X spells in this deck - you're too mana-hungry and want to be suspending spells.
38 lands (38/100) equates to 23 lands (23/60= .383333) in a sixty card deck, which is a bit on the skimpy side for a control deck manabase - it works b/c of Mana Crypt and Sol Ring.

Early game could potentially use some work - what options would you suggest in these colors?

Mystic and Rhystic are cards I'd consider if the list were more multi-player focused, and if I routinely played against larger groups of players at once. As is, I
seldom play against more than three or four opponents, and use the deck for dueling frequently.

Back to Basics over Boom//Bust because the land-base is 9 fetches, two duals, a 5-6 other non-basics, and a bunch of basic lands. I put a lot of value on the lower casting cost and the chance to make the land destruction one-sided.

I initially avoided Mind Spring and Braingeyser as well, but the deck is very card-hungry, and not *everything* needs to be suspend-able. So then they came in, and the turn after you draw that many cards tends to be a lot of fun. But if you had some alternatives in mind...?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue May 27, 2014 5:12 am

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Tue May 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Hmm. Interesting, but IDK if it's better than that enchantment for three (parallax something?) that gives you two upkeeps, which I'm torn whether or not to run. Fury Charm and Timecrafting are another couple of options in the same category.

I'm very tempted to slip in Timecrafting so I can go all "SURPRISE ELDRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZI!" on people, but it seems like something that may wind up being pretty inconsistent. In most circumstances, I think a counterspell achieves the same effect, with greater versatility.

EDIT: Hmm. Maybe I should run Detritivore and Aeon Chronicler here. Wonder what other suspend cards might fit well.

Return to “Multiplayer Commander Decklists”