Gone Postal Mafia - Game Over - Scum Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Jack
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Jack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Yup, good game.
Sig by NBW.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Apologies for my terrible reads. I'm very impressed with the amount of work the scumteam put in. Wraith was consistently scumhunting genuinely and Dechs was very strong for a first time player.

Does anyone have any advice on my play? I got bored with this game and did not reread, which I think led to my downfall.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Never playing mafia again etc

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Yes, where is the Spec sheet! That should be hilarious! Especially when I admit to the possibility of mail being messed with (randomized, never used this word as it was to specific and would raise suspicion).

Poor Jack. When I first saw Ham go wild with the mail on Jack, I just stared at the computer completely befuddled. Then I realized :smileup: DUDE GO FOR IT!
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Apologies for my terrible reads. I'm very impressed with the amount of work the scumteam put in. Wraith was consistently scumhunting genuinely and Dechs was very strong for a first time player.

Does anyone have any advice on my play? I got bored with this game and did not reread, which I think led to my downfall.
Don't get bored, get excited in the hunt. Create a plan an stick with it regardless of alignment. Watch the phrases people use to describe (X) in the claim. Look for inconsistencies and challenge everything.

@Ham, Don't feel bad, in Durp mafia I was wrong on pretty much everything. Killed a towny to. :ugh: That game was won by town by no
help of me. Although my idiocy lead to CM asking Who killed Kaze. Not something to be proud of.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Never playing mafia again etc
I do demand that you play my mafia game though. IT WILL BE AWSOME! Red says I am crazy. Imagine a game created by that crazy. :artist:
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:35 pm

I have a hard time lying and being lied to, and the Jack fallout demoralized me. I knew the LMD vote was bad, but couldn't sort out Red and just wanted the game to be over. I really wanted to vote DK but going NL would just drag it out more.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:38 pm

I have a hard time lying and being lied to, and the Jack fallout demoralized me. I knew the LMD vote was bad, but couldn't sort out Red and just wanted the game to be over. I really wanted to vote DK but going NL would just drag it out more.
Always trust your gut. My first mafia game was a disaster cause I ignored it and let Imopen2 go. Could have been worse. You could have been Jack. :rofl:

What? To soon?
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Yes, where is the Spec sheet!
I linked it earlier. There's some good stuff in there.
҉

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Players, specs, mod, please give me advice and review of my play. I feel like I could solved the game if I'd voted my gut (DK/Wraith) instead of logical LMD.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Should've cased wraith, beyond that being more active would've helped, there literally wasn't a case on me and no one could figure out why I was being voted

Oh well gg

@stardust: if/when I'm scum I'll either be lynched day 1 or "lol LMD lurks, lol w/e" and last until like day 5

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:56 pm

On a side note, TO OTHER MAFIA GAMES

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Players, specs, mod, please give me advice and review of my play. I feel like I could solved the game if I'd voted my gut (DK/Wraith) instead of logical LMD.
You played well. Scum did too though. Your conclusions were logical and it's tough to make a choice between that and your gut.

I think the biggest mistake town made was coming to the wrong conclusions with the randomization thing. Hard to say from the outside looking in, but I think you had all the facts there to figure it out. Thanks to Wraith's claim, you had two (or three?) points of mail being messed with. A global effect makes much more sense than a scum protection role in a game with only a single vig shot. Reaching the right conclusion there would have saved both Jack and LMD.

One other thing: ask the mod everything. If you had signed your name on your bomb, I was going to give you the ability back again rather than blow yourself up. I didn't write that in the PM, and maybe I should have (at one point I was considering just telling you, but didn't want to have that kind of influence on the game), but I think you were wondering at one point and never bothered to find out the truth. It's not just you though. I don't remember the circumstances now, but a couple times in-game you guys were arguing about how something would be resolved, but no one bothered to ask. As a mod I can't answer things not directed at me, but you can find a lot out just by asking.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:43 pm

I also asked Wraith to claim he had roleblocked our night kill target rather than LMD. Then we could have had some more crap on his pile. Instead, kind of like the randomization thing, he gave it away.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 pm

The game didn't go that badly, really. I stopped paying attention soon after I was lynched (I was in Europe for 2 weeks), did it get that bad?
2 things I really didn't like
1. Why was I lynched before LMD? Sure that thing with the one word in pies letter to me looked fishy, but at worst, it was simply a lie in a letter that has become irrelevant by the time ham started looking into it, not a damning piece of information
2. Town read into the surprising NK of iso very little. A few people were still fairly suspicious of him (meaning mislynching him was very possible) and he didn't make a claim that showed a huge threat to scum. CP was (in my eyes, at the time) a better nk, so the most probable explanation for scum's choice to do the opposite is that iso's reads were right and cp's were wrong. Did anyone catch this?
Sig by NBW.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Iso voting for LMD was a big reason why I went that route. He's a stronger player than me, so I assumed he saw something I missed.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:04 pm

I also asked Wraith to claim he had roleblocked our night kill target rather than LMD. Then we could have had some more crap on his pile. Instead, kind of like the randomization thing, he gave it away.
I'm not going to give Wraith any leeway ever again. I stupidly forgave the derp Jack reveal and the scum-as-balls rez hammer because "oh Wraith you can't help doing dumb things"

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm not going to give Wraith any leeway ever again. I stupidly forgave the derp Jack reveal and the scum-as-balls rez hammer because "oh Wraith you can't help doing dumb things"
Sig by NBW.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Iso voting for LMD was a big reason why I went that route. He's a stronger player than me, so I assumed he saw something I missed.
he didnt even read the game
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 pm

he didnt even read the game
:ohdear:

I read the game, didn't help me any

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 pm

Still worked and the crazy wraith thing allowed the idea to float into the abyss. So the bomb hit ham instead. Now that would have been hilarious if jack had protected C_P instead.

Kaze gives me to much credit in the specs.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 pm

I did get some funny looks here at the office when I laughed out loud reading "you cheeky fuck" in the spec chat.
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:32 am

i think it's funny that i was the target of so many night actions, despite dying night 1
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:36 am

I guess that if it wasn't for my anger management issues we wouldn't have messed up the last day.
I mean, I can understand C_P having more problems than others in getting a proper read (he really had half of the info of any other player) and I can't really blame the fact that he didn't trust me.
I'm actually more "upset" at ham because he was quite active and showed that he really wanted to win the game, but was too afraid to actually do something - I actually thought he was Wraith's partner at times.

Anyway, let's move on.

Return to “Completed Games”