Eternal Huge Gainers/Losers general

Discussions about the secondary market for Magic Cards. What's Hot? What has fallen from grace?

Moderator: Thrillho

Manasjap
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manasjap » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Wait, why would I ever want to buy a Marrow-Gnawer?

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 pm

That rat EDH deck you're building

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 am

I have the rat edh deck, and recently got my Chinese foil marrow gnawer for $12
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

jonnyjonski
In need of elder care

Postby jonnyjonski » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Wait, why would I ever want to buy a Marrow-Gnawer?
Because Pack Rat is a card in some formats....and it makes rats....and rats are cool....because rats!
HHRRRrrmmmmmmmm.....

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm

If you don't have Batterskull, I would get your copies sooner than later. The card has gone up to $10 from $6 as of... basically the last time I looked at its price. Batterskull is in a lot of Modern decks and isn't up for reprint in Modern Masters. Also it's a Mythic, making it an entirely reasonable speculation target.

Similar Modern spec targets are Phantasmal Image, Birthing Pod, Splinter Twin, Melira, Deceiver Exarch (because Pestermite is a valid reprint in MM), Thrun (which has gone up from $2-4 to $9), Loam Lion, Expedition Map, Wurmcoil Engine, Phyrexian Metamorph, and my darkhorse pick Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (who has gained 2 dollars over the few months I haven't looked at his price).

The Brain Trust at MTGS has also thrown out Hero of Bladehold as a speculation target, but seeing as the card has seen fringe at best Modern play, while Tezzeret at least boasts occasional t8s in multiple formats, I'm going
to place that suggestion directly in the garbage where it belongs. If you have Hero of Bladehold, hold onto them because they're generally good cards and "who knows," but there are many more valid and reliable places to trust your money to.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 am

Apparently Karn Liberated is $35. Not sure why.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:15 am

it's an auto-4-of in RG Tron and probably also UW Tron, but I have never played with or against UW Tron. Also, EDH.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:18 am

Wow, those foils practically doubled in value from right before the New Year. They were $35 right after the New Year IIRC after being stable at $30 for since rotation.

Karn Liberated is the kind of card you could probably hold onto forever for value assuming it doesn't get reprinted in a core set (re: Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker).

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:20 am

I didn't list Karn as a speculation target because he'd already blown up by the time I made my post. Wurmcoil Engine is still pretty valid, considering it's the Next Level answer to most Midrange decks.

joelsdaman1
Newcomer

Postby joelsdaman1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Is anyone else noticing that the Goyf is steadily dropping in price? It's at $95 on Ebay. Silly Modern Masters, destroying new players' collections. NNWO my big hairy anus :ugeek:

Return to “Market Street Café”