Sup

You may introduce yourself here
nme
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Sup

Postby nme » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 am

Hey guys, fairly new player here. I've been lurking here for a while now (mainly the RDW Primer and Dos Rakis thread) and figured I'd introduce myself. I started playing magic this past fall and in an attempt to not be such a scrub I started lurking over at MTGS. I came across these forums while I was over there, and ended up learning more about the game from the RDW Primer than my entire time over at MTGS. Big props to Zem and everyone who contributed to it. I've been a competitive gamer for quite some time (Quakeworld, Quake 3 Arena, DOTA, WC3, online poker, ect) so competitive MTG really interests me. I'm an Izzet player at heart, but I love all things red. I'm currently messing around with Rakdos Suicide and I'm having a blast with it. Aside from Magic my other interests are vaping, craft beer, drumming, and poker and could easily talk someones ear off about any of those.

I don't usually make intro posts
like these but the sense of community and everyones dark sense of humor here really stood out to me compared to other forums, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I hope you guys don't mind if I stick around and try to learn a few things :).

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

I don't usually make intro posts like these but the sense of community and everyones dark sense of humor here really stood out to me compared to other forums, so I thought I'd introduce myself.
Hay man, I think you're going to do just fine around here :)

Welcome aboard our ship of fools!
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Corruption Watch

Postby Corruption Watch » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 am

Welcome!

Do you brew your own craft beer?
SHUT UP IMBECILE

nme

Postby nme » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Welcome!

Do you brew your own craft beer?
I've been wanting to, but most of my spare cash has been going into vaping and magic. Too many hobbies and too little time :P. A few of my friends are really into brewing and they love it. I'll give a try one day, but I want to do it right. I refuse to buy those shitty kits.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:40 pm

I started out in wc3 too. Izzet sucks.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

nme

Postby nme » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:04 pm

:|

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:32 pm

I skip the vape and move straight to the billy
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Welcome!
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Welcome!

I'll bite. What's vaping?

Also:
If you're going to brew your own beer the right way, I might suggest you start out with brewing mead; almost all of the stuff you need to brew it can be commandeered into beer brewing when you want to upgrade, but it's a lower cost, is a simpler process overall, and gives you a feel for the process. Hell, if nothing else, since a bunch of your friends brew their own beer, you can always just stick with mead and be the guy who brings the sweet drinks.

nme

Postby nme » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Vaping is another word for using E-Cigs or mods. I used them to quit smoking cigarettes a couple months ago and recommend them to anyone who wants to quit smoking tobacco. You still go through the motions like you're smoking, but instead of cancerous tobacco smoke and tar, you simply inhale safe(ish) vapors with nicotine in it. It ends up being a hobby because of all the different gadgets you can get. The one I use doesn't even look like a cigarette like the disposable ones you get at a gas station, it looks like one of those big laser pens. It's a lot cheaper in the long run than smoking and it can get even cheaper because you can make your own e-juice and come up with crazy ass flavors. You can also use the same devices as vaporizers for THC and hash oils if that's your thing for a more stealthy toke.

I'll have to try brewing mead, that sounds like a good place to start. Have you brewed stouts or porters? Is the
process any different from brewing IPA's? That's all my buddies seem to brew, which isn't a bad thing, I'm just a big fan of darker beers.

Thanks for the welcomes fellas!

Captain Murphy

Postby Captain Murphy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:54 am

Heavy weed smokers generally don't like vapes but I've heard great things about quitting smoking with them, I just generally enjoy the flavor of tobacco

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:31 pm

I'll bite. What's vaping?
Don't pretend like you didn't already google that.
҉

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm

I didn't, actually. I felt like getting the grittier version from a self-admitted fan. ^_^

@nme: I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, I don't brew myself but a lot of my friends find it entertaining. I do a lot of reading on self-sufficiency too, and an, um, inordinate number of articles are about brewing, so I've osmosed quite a bit of knowledge on the process. With that in mind, yeah, brewing an IPA is easier than brewing a darker beer; you're adding a few steps and the ingredient/equipment list is longer.. but it's not so much more difficult that it accounts for all the people who choose to brew IPAs instead; I've developed a theory that most home brewers just like IPAs more, because anybody who thinks "Hey, I should make my own alcohol at home!" probably enjoys drinking enough to want to consume large quantities of
their end product, and IPAs are just easier to drink. ^_^
I found this interesting recipe in a book of old recipes from Colonial North America for a grog that most of the colonists used to purify their water, since alcohol is the natural enemy of bacteria. It's just:
1 shit-ton of sugar
1 gallon of water
1 lots of yeast

And you let that ferment for a day or so in a bucket. The end result is a super-sweet liquid that'll catch you a slight buzz, and it's so butt simple it was usually tasked out to the children who weren't old enough to understand how to make bread (all in a society that from time to time blamed a crop failure on magical witches, keep in mind). Brewing isn't hard.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 pm

:magicmage:
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:06 pm

I vape god's plant :kp:
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Return to “Make an Entrance”