MTGS Mod of the Year

Come vote in the Forum Awards

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, iamabadman

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

MTGS Mod of the Year

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:37 am

So many great mods, so few trophies...

Who is/was the most outstanding mod in MTGS in 2013?
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:42 am

I'd nominate Poppelseed, he really buckled down in the weeks before the transition to ensure everyone having debilitating ad issues was kept out of the way.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:40 am

I nominate the lapdog for his outstanding Internet forums counterinsurgency manual
Originally posted by ExpiredRascals on MTGS
Ok, I'm more than a little frustrated by this happening repeatedly, so we get a ML thread about it.

Don't take the troll bait.

Recently we've had a situation develop in CI because people bit on trollbait. First a local and then an admin. This is not something that happens just to the inexperienced, this happens to all of us eventually. That being said, it's also something that inevitably creates CI drama.

People will try to exploit your good nature by making a blatantly wrong post for you to correct. Often it will be something with a false assumed premise or fallacious logic. The purpose of the post is to get a response from you that they can then springboard off of.

If you see an low post count account
suggesting the GRRRRRRRRR should be publicly archived with the gutter, it's a troll account.

If you see a post addressing you that is ignoring a mod request, it's troll bait. The entire point is to make it so that you feel compelled to respond.

I've made the mistake more times than I can count, and I'm sure everyone else has as well, but we need to be much more careful about this. It's important to realize that you as a staff member have a larger target on your head than most, and that a troll can generate a much larger stir if they can get you to bite.

Look at the post you're replying to. If it's made by a low post user or a known troll, don't touch it. Maybe card it, maybe report it, but to blindly approach with benign innocence will result in more work and drama for you and everyone else. Look for the clear
memes used in the past when targeting the staff.

I get that this got pretty pedantic, but I'm tired of dealing with drama because a troll succeeded in exploiting someone's good nature. It's not a big deal for it to happen now and then, but this is turning into a major hassle that I'd rather not see repeated frequently.

Anyway, that's about it. Any questions, frustrations, or musings are welcome below.
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Lightning_Dolt
Tire Aficionado

Postby Lightning_Dolt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 am

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 am

I'll throw Molster's hat in the ring; he's a downright master of making himself look important while lying to his userbase with a shit-eating grin during the pre-and-post-transition period, as well as being the classic middle man who's only job is to ferry info back and forth instead of just letting the discussion happen organically. With so many good choices, that alone doesn't quite make the cut, but what really tips the vote for me is how he manages to do all this with a username that's an obvious mispelling of 'molester.'

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:13 pm

:talore:
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Teia and his/her/its reclimation defence, that and moving getting moved by admin from wct to speakeasy.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 am

Galspanic for deciphering the backwards Spanish smiley Morse code "censor evasion".
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:42 am

Or was that ER? Someone please check.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 pm

It was Galspanic.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 am

Thanks

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:54 am

penispenispenis

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Xenphire ascension

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 pm

remember how many times xenphire got banned for trolling users and showing no signs of getting better?
now he's a mod!
No, no, no. The trick is to successfully gimmick up long enough that you can prove you're a changed person! Get caught early and you make your case worse, though, so...
Volunteer nazi of a hobby website that is the laughingstock in that hobby's community
Internet Power is not to be trifled with.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Voltan's ascension

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Looking at Voltans post history out of curiosity, he went like 3 years without hardly posting then came back and was admin in like 6 months.

How does that work.
With the right friends everything is possible!
The wildest dreams can come true!
See Xenphire
I guess that makes you guys the wrong friends?

What am I doing with my life?
Posting here really does make those people over there hate you, for no reason.
That's what I'm here for. I report back if any new posters show up so they can start infracting them back on Sally. So far it's worked out pretty good. lapdog even said I might get to be a mod again soon! Just a few more reports, he said. Yep.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:43 pm

Hey guys,
I'm contacting you because I'm seeing a huge problem with your clan. In the last few days you've been dogpiling on a user, now you're posting negatively and going after mods. This has to stop. Clans is a relaxed place and we don't want battles in there (especially external battles). Right now, we are considering closing the clan down for a while(kind of like a clan Suspension), but I decided it was best to talk to you before acting.
We never closed down a clan in this way, but we're willing to do it if your attitude doesn't change. What happens in other parts of the site is a seperate matter that I'm not here do discuss right now, but bringing anything like that into clans is not tolerated and I
want to be sure that everyone undestands that.
What are you actually trying to accomplish & want to be able to do with your clan?
Do you see yourselves being able to conform with the clan rules?
- Voltan

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Never go full Talore
[quote="Thrillho » Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm"]AIM IM with Talore Valfrid <culturalheathen>5/10/13 10:13 AM
hey instead of conflagrating a situation that is literally a mole hill, you could talk to people. I know this is difficult for you because your forte has always been a more passive aggression, but considering your job on the internet is interacting with people about interacting with people on a forum i would assume the skills would develop at some point.
10:19 AM
but I mean you can also take this opportunity to talk about something to just copy and paste it into another mod lounge thread while remaining passive aggressively involved, that's also an entirely reasonable response to the situation.

10:22 AM
You're not my problem, take it up with the admins

I mean you want me
re-banned, so apparently I'm a huge problem.
10:27 AM
I'm being up front with you but you can't do the same to me. And that's fine I guess, I just wanted to talk to you since apparently two separate jokes turned into a Defcon Alert at MTGS and trying to be a unique person too made me the new target of a lynch mob
10:36 AM
it's weird because i've talked to galspanic about myriad problems on both ends over time and even if we disagree it's seriously not a big deal because we're adults, but you're station is fucking meaningless on MTGS and you can't even carry on a fucking conversation because you have to titter with your girlfriend behind closed doors because god forbid someone resolves something through dialog and mutual understanding than through groupthink and unilateralism.
but like I said, your station is meaningless and galspanic is where he is because I guess he's adult enough to have those conversations.

if you have a problem, talk to the admins
Talore Valfrid is now offline.[/quote:
165wmmvv]
if you have a problem, talk to the admins

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:00 am

:talore:
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Return to “2013 MTGS Razzies”