Most creative banning/suspension/infraction

Come vote in the Forum Awards

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, iamabadman

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Most creative banning/suspension/infraction

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:02 am

Come vote for the most creative Suspension/Banning!

This is gonna be a though one, so much awesomess to chose!

- GR banning for habitual trolling
- Yanni's suspension during a heated CI battle
- Kaitscralt re-banning
- etc...
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:35 am

Yanni's insta-suspension:

Originally posted by Yanni on MTGS
Galspanic;10710121 wrote:I expect that most feedback will be negative, but I also expect that it be productive.
The way you said it with your own personal history with some people here makes it hard to read you sometimes. But, I will take this to be the truth and I want others to do the same... this really doesn't need to be another pot shot CI thread.
I need EVERYONE to knock it off. Setting traps and finger pointing and when someone walks into those traps (for whatever reason) is a game that stopped being fun when I was 8. This is not a place for that.


Oh yeah... and I deleted the spam. If it isn't constructive comments about how to make the Beta better, I don't want it. Thanks!
Yeah okay, calling out trolling from moderators is totally not constructive to how you can
make your site better.

Don't ignore mod requests. Suspension issued.
-Sene
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:11 pm

I loved the NO chronicles that led to Maddings banning, and also how the most laid back subforum, the speakeasy is directly responsible for half the contestants in this razzie
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Blackhound
prinny dood!
Posts: 2765
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Postby Blackhound » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Yeah, Madding for getting Banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned and then banned for posting No in the speakeasy in the space of about 6 months.

User avatar
Kaitscralt
A frog among toads
Posts: 21216
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:48 am

Postby Kaitscralt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 am

when yes just isn't the word for it
Lord_Mcdonalds » Yesterday, 3:13 pm wrote: Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

User avatar
Jesus
Newcomer
Posts: 41
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:47 am

Postby Jesus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:14 am

Madding was interesting, but I gotta go for GR.
From staff to ban in.. how many days was it?
Image

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

And what about the guy who was first banned for being me, then banned for being TomServo, and finally banned on the grounds of being 10 banned gutter members?


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Yo.

I'm starting to get a little bit fed up of being banned for absolutely no reasons. Can't you guys leave me alone? First it was because I was Scumbag, why am I TomServo now?

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
Because it really looks like you are him. If you are not him (or another banned member using this account to evade your ban) please just use your real account. This account, however, is done.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Last time I checked, using gimmicks or TOR is not against the code of conduct of MTGS.

Basically I am getting banned because I had the honesty to say that I am a gimmick of a (non-banned) user, and
for admitting that I am a former gutter member.

Btw, since you guys moved this site to curse network I can't even access it at work unless I use TOR so I wouldn't even be able to browse it without using TOR anyway :shrug:

You could even ask me to post again from somewhere around my place to clear me up (YET AGAIN) but it just seems you are pissed because you were unpolite at Checkbox in your helpdesk (admittedly he was being a dick anyway), so it just seems you vented out your frustrations on me for being a former guter member (the proverbial "because Gutter").

Does it sound fair to you?

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
Using a gimmick is not against the rules. Being a banned member with a gimmick account is and, as I said, it really appears that you are a banned member. If that is not the case, please just use your other account.

I am not
pissed about anything. I am not frustrated. This is not venting. In fact, I was the not the person who called for this action and was a bit skeptical about banning this account. If you want to make it personal, that fine, but it isn't for me.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Furthemore, since you are handling this appeal anyway, I'm going to take the opportunity to ask you this because as a bystander this has been bugging me for a while.

So the gutter has been "retired" like 9 months ago, and most of their main members have been evicted from MTGS and are now on DTR. Admittedly, whether the closing of the Gutter was a debacle or not (hint: it was), the dust has settled long ago.

These days there is only Scumbag (and maybe CK to a lesser ground) who rant endlessly at "the morally corrupt staff" whereas everybody else moved on (and as you might know, even Scumbag is getting more and more flak from people like kpaca and kijin for being
so obsessed at MTGS). In principle you'd think that you guys would have moved on and just tended to more important matters like changing the website to the future Curse standard, etc... but it seems most of you guys (among them you) are still in "Fort Alamo mode" (looking at the mod lounge posts that Scumbag occasionally leaks in the DTR Gutter).

You know, don't you think its about time some people could show that they are grown ups? Here's an idea, maybe YOU could be the grown up for once. I'll let you in on some "secret", not everyone is thrilled about having Scumbag managing DTR, his tiresome rants really detract from the site, but as you know, DTR is located in his server, so there's only so much that can be done.

The thing is that the guy craves your attention, and everytime you do exactly that he revels on that kind of stuff. Maybe if you could consider stopping feeding him and giving the attention he rightfully deserves (i.e. none) would
be a good step defusing this rotten situation that has lingered for months.

Just discuss it among yourselves wether I'm unbanned or not, but it would be about time for you staff to marginalise the guy and just forget about the gutter. For Christ sake, you made an ass out of yourself when you dealt with Checkbox, who basically has been encouraged to troll you by Scumbag itself (in the new Gutter).

Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Galspanic wrote:Using a gimmick is not against the rules. Being a banned member with a gimmick account is and, as I said, it really appears that you are a banned member. If that is not the case, please just use your other account.

I am not pissed about anything. I am not frustrated. This is not venting. In fact, I was the not the person who called for this action and was a bit skeptical about banning this account. If you want to make it personal, that fine, but it isn't for me.


- I am not a
banned member

- I can post with an IP that doesn't match any banned members account

- You guys cannot prove that I am a banned member in any way (for starters for the simple reason I'm not a ****ing banned member) but are still banning this account anyway and making me waste my time.

- You banned me and are handling my appeal without providing any legitimate reasons other than a dry "this account is DONE!"

Forgive me if I'm a tad miffed while I interact with you in such an unpleasant setting.

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
You are the one making this about the Gutter and if you come after me about that I think you are barking up the wrong tree. This has nothing to do with DTR or the Gutter. Appeal denied. If you are in fact not a banned member, you are free to use your other account.

And yes, this account is banned because it looks like you are TomServo (3 points of corroboration is what I needed and I got it). That is the
reason even if you don't like it.

Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Yeah, basically you're telling me I'm going to have to make a new account to access Market Street and I'll be forced into using TOR again at work so I'm going to just be banned one of these days because you will have gotten on a bad mood because everyone who uses TOR is Scumbag or TomServo.

Yeah that's cool and really not a waste of everyone's time. You have absolutely no evidence that I am a banned member yet I am being banned. Must feel good. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
Use your other account somewhere other than work I guess. And no, I am not in a mood of any kind - you show multiple signs of being a banned member so we banned this account. That's it.

There are plenty of people that use TOR without being banned. It was more than that.[/
quote1]
[quote1=i_am_a_gimmick;10499500]You know what's sad? You of all staff know exactly who Tom Servo is on MTGS and no, it isn't this account as you very well know.

It just seems you made up some "signs" of being a banned member on the fly.

Can I know under which grounds I am being banned for being Tom Servo?

Don't I have the right to defend myself?

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
i_am_a_gimmick;10502647 wrote:So, here's what I have understood from my appeal so far:

- I have been banned for being a gimmick of Tom Servo. Correct
- Galspanic wants me to just use my main account. Correct if you are not a banned or suspended user.

My argument is that posting under a gimmick (and a self-declared one to boot!) is within the forum rules and that Galspanic is singling me out. Correct in a sense. This account has not acted poorly, but
we believe you are a banned member: "The staff of MTGSalvation holds the right to suspend or ban any member for a reasonable purpose at any time, regardless of infractions accumulated."


- Galspanic argues he is skeptical of me being a gimmick of Tom Servo but he didn't make the call anyway, he just executed the ban. Sorry, I should have been more clear. The reason that this account wasn't banned in April is because I didn't see what I needed to see to make the ban.

I argue that just because I use TOR does not mean I'm Tom Servo

- All of a sudden Galspanic makes a 180 and claims that he has solid evidence (including 3 points of corroboration or whatever) that I am Tom Servo. "All of a sudden" = 3-4 days ago. The Tor you use isn't exclusive to you and the other account. There are multiple people on it. But again, there is more than that.

- I point out that I cannot even defend myself
or disprove these accusations because Galspanic won't even disclose the evidence that is being held against me. Yup, sorry about that. But, there are things that I don't tell people so if they create another gimmick it makes my life easier to spot them.

Does any of this seem fair? Why am I being mistreated this way? I have not caused any bit of trouble with this account (a staff member even complimented me on my posting in CI), and I am still being treated like a criminal by the staff. Is this the standard that this site wants to set when dealing with its members? Fair? I think so. Mistreated? If you are a legitimate member of the site there is no mistreatment here - just use your regular account. The standard? If we see someone who is banned from the site showing up again, yes.

Can I at least have some input from some other staff members? or are you guys going to just write me off without even allowing me to defend myself? This
whole banning, and the handling of the appeal, is a total travesty so far...Sure.

.

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
i_am_a_gimmick;10503452 wrote:
Galspanic;10499257 wrote:I am not pissed about anything. I am not frustrated. This is not venting. In fact, I was the not the person who called for this action and was a bit skeptical about banning this account.

You were skeptical about me being Tom Servo

I was. Now I am not so much so. Let's be honest, until I am sitting on the chair next to you watching you type I will never know 100% for sure EVER. In fact, you don't know that I am Galspanic... I could be someone logging on to his account. But, there are reasonable conclusions we come to. I mean, I was and have always been a little skeptical that TomServo is one person, but that isn't really important. What is important is that you look
enough like him for the Senior Staff to feel comfortable with axing this account. If we are wrong, then fine, use your other account. You can log on with that account on Tor servers too, so do. If we are right, then fine, you caused a lot of trouble with the site and I am glad to show you the door each and everytime you show up here.

i_am_a_gimmick;10503452 wrote:
Galspanic;10499319 wrote:And yes, this account is banned because it looks like you are TomServo (3 points of corroboration is what I needed and I got it). That is the reason even if you don't like it.

Next post you know for a fact that i_am_Tom_Servo because super-secret info

Correct to a point. Again, I know very few things for certain. I am not naive enough to assume that 99% sure is the same thing as 100%.

i_am_a_gimmick;10503452 wrote:
Galspanic;10502821 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear.
The reason that this account wasn't banned in April is because I didn't see what I needed to see to make the ban

When confronted about this inconsistency you claim "Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was talking about past April"

Except past April I was banned for being Scumbag, not Tom Servo? :confused:
And I was not happy with that call - it felt too loose then and I requested that this account be unbanned. You posted some more and that helped tighten it up.

So, this account's ban appeal is denied. If you wish to keep posting and lurking private threads, use your other account if you have one.

Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
To wrap this up:

- I have no interest in reverting to my old account now that the Gutter is dead long live the Gutter, etc..., and it doesn't even provide me any advantage anymore since I
now have to browse with TOR all the times because of restriction at my work against Curse network (btw are you guys working on getting the site out of blocklists?). Since I haven't broken any rules or traded, and since I'm being banned based on suspicions without any proof being brought forward (because secrecy of apparently super-accurate gimmick-tracking measures that already gave you a false positive last April), you have absolutely no right to ask me either to disclose my identity or to force me to utilize a specific account.

- If I'm being arbitrarily banned without any proof, despite the fact that you were already wrong once, I must assume that I was basically wrong to have been honest and state upfront that I was a gimmick of a former gutter member. The lesson I'm learning is that the staff doesn't value honesty highly, and that I will be more successful
(as was the case with one current staff member) if I just register some random name gimmick and use
TOR as always.


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
Didn't realize the Gutter had anything to do with this... It didn't on my end at least.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
This is not about the Gutter, its about how being upfront and honest about having moved on to another account played a capital role in my new account ending up here.

Not to mention the way you are skirting the issue of having provided me three contradictory statements about your suspicions about me being Tom Servo. Your first claim that you were unsure that I was Tom Servo but went with the ban anyway refers to this second time, but all of a sudden three posts later it becomes about my past April ban for being Scumbag. So yeah, you are being insincere for the very least.

The hard lesson I am learning here is that honesty doesn't pay off and that I'm better off with just registering a new gimmick with a more concealed username and just go around flaming users who disagree
with me, maybe you guys will even make me a mod when time is right.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Also, since you know very well who Tom Servo is, you might just ask him directly if I am one of his gimmicks.

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
i_am_a_gimmick;10503666 wrote:This is not about the Gutter, its about how being upfront and honest about having moved on to another account played a capital role in my new account ending up here.

Not to mention the way you are skirting the issue of having provided me three contradictory statements about your suspicions about me being Tom Servo. Your first claim that you were unsure that I was Tom Servo but went with the ban anyway refers to this second time, but all of a sudden three posts later it becomes about my past April ban for being Scumbag. So yeah, you are being insincere for the very least.

The hard lesson I am learning here is that honesty doesn't pay off and that I'm better
off with just registering a new gimmick with a more concealed username and just go around flaming users who disagree with me, maybe you guys will even make me a mod when time is right.

There is no contradiction - you are just not seeing things on a timeline. This account has been on our radar since day 1 (not shocking given the name, the spam posts to get unmask CI, and the 10 IP hits with nothing but fellow banned members), but I really was not in a hurry to act on anything.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Galspanic;10499257 wrote:I am not pissed about anything. I am not frustrated. This is not venting. In fact, I was the not the person who called for this action and was a bit skeptical about banning this account. If you want to make it personal, that fine, but it isn't for me.


Tell me with a straight face that this post is about my April ban on the grounds of being Scumbag

Galspanic;
10503728 wrote:
i_am_a_gimmick;10503678 wrote:Also, since you know very well who Tom Servo is, you might just ask him directly if I am one of his gimmicks.
I do?


Yes you very damn well do. Don't act coy about it.


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
"In fact, I was the not the person who called for this action and was a bit skeptical about banning this account." This was about a week ago. My mind was changed after talking to the other Senior Staff about it.

I'm not being coy. I believe you are TomServo so it's a bit of a weird thing to say.

Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
OK, so now I have turned out to be a shared account for about 10 banned members (!), and you're amending your story to some change of heart that occurred a week ago once you were "enlightened" by your fellow "Senior" staff members. This is getting better by the minute.
n
You know, regardless of the outcome of this appeal, I must say I am fairly disappointed by your attitude. You can claim all you want that you are handling this impartially, your bias still blatantly shows by the way you made up stuff, and the indifference you showed in handling this appeal. Now please take a minute to compare this with the more professional attitude that people like ER and Sene show when dealing with CI issues.

Scumbag may rant all he want about you guys being corrupt (I still don't believe you are) but he does have one thing right: These appeals can sometimes be a fairly unpleasant experience. Some of you guys could perhaps use some more professionalism in handling your duties (I know you definitely do between the childish way you handled with Checkbox and this appeal thread).

I'll just make another gimmick when I see fit. You have clearly shown me that you don't value honesty in the very least so I'll just conceal my true identity for my next incarnation.
Shouldn't be hard at all.

I am fairly disappointed by this situation because I had always assumed that you were a more mature person. Guess I know better by now. Enjoy your banning of randoms while actual banned members publicly make fun of your mistakes I guess :shrug:

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
There is nothing I can say to convince you of anything I say... and you are making that increasingly clear. But really, you are the one who should be appealing, not me. You have not done so, so it's denied.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
I have not appealed my ban? You are the one refusing to tell me the reasons why I am banned and the one regurgitating the usual platitudes like "The staff of MTGSalvation holds the right to suspend or ban any member for a reasonable purpose at any time, regardless of infractions accumulated."

I'm sorry if
I lack the patience to put up with any further contradicting statements that you might make on the fly, but at some point I just grew bored of being courteous and polite without being re-payed in kind. I apologize for not being willing to play this little game with you anymore.

Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
It sounds like we are the same point in the process.


Originally posted by i_am_a_gimmick on MTGS
Galspanic;10505307 wrote:It sounds like we are the same point in the process.


I don't even know what this means, but as far as I'm concerned, this conversation is done. Feel free to have the last word/post/whatever if this makes you feel good.


Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:55 pm wrote:Well, the badger did told that other idiot that he was banned for being a
shared account of 10 banned gutter members. Since at that point we only had me, Tom Servo and CK as banned gutter members, maybe they are catching up?

Scumbag
Tom Servo
CK
Kait

6 TO GO, WHO'S NEXT?
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:08 pm

good old Sheriff gals

Good cop

:galspanic:

Bad Cop

:galspanic2:
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 pm

And how about voltan's mass suspensions in his helpdesk?

Originally posted by Nai on MTGS
MandersHex and Shazbot have been issued suspensions for ignoring a mod request, and will be back in 3 days.


Originally posted by voltan on MTGS
Good Morning Everyone.
So, let's take this one step at a time.

I'm not even commenting on the veracity of your claims. You may have been in the GRRRR for a while, but I'm there now and as an Admin, I'm responsible for the path it takes, so I can tell you it's nothing like you make it out to be. Still this is just my word, so you don't have to believe it, so, discussing the GRRR won't take us anywhere.
As for the "you can do no wrong" argument... you are so wrong. I am constantly re-evaluating my decisions. I have overturned cards I gave on several ocasions because I admitted I was wrong. I'm just not going to do it because of pressure.
I did it (and will continue to do it) when I feel I have acted wrong. For a mod, pride can be the #1 enemy when it comes to being professional and competent and I'm well aware of that. It's just that I still think you didn't act correctly with that comment toward Teia. You yourself admitted you called her a liar and that's not something I will tolerate (and this isn't about Teia, but rather anyone calling someone else a liar).


No one said you weren't calm. I just said you called her a liar. Are you trying to tell me that, when you were on staff, you'd let someone get away with calling someone else a liar?


This was never about Teia, but rather about your tone. If you were talking about someone else, the outcome would have been the same. And yes, that tone seems to lead to infractions and suspensions, and that's a good thing. It's about time people start respecting each other. And for some reason, you don't respect someone, keep it to yourself.
You can discuss ideas without attacking the person, can't you?


If that were true, I'd be infracting myself all the time :p
But really, I find this funny, since the way I do things, I don't even look at the poster's name until after I've issued the card. If he has an avatar that I'm familiar with, I'll know who it is, but in this case, I only knew it was Sapph when someone pointed it out, after I gave him the card.


You assume that I keep a list of everyone connected to the Gutter? Really, I try to have an equal measure for everyone, no matter who they are. I don't expect you to believe this, but I didn't even know Sapph was connected to the Gutter (I haven't cared about the Gutter since TFE left, so my memory of it is sketchy at best).
And he has used the word liar twice ITT. For what it's worth I actually respect Sapph a bit more after this, because he didn'
t try to weasel his way out of this card. Everyone is trying to convince me he didn't call Teia a liar, except for him that admitted to it (twice). So, yeah, he got carded for it, but he was decent enough to be honest about it (and I'm being serious here).


That was you being carefull and non aggressive?
I'd like to know at what point calling people liars was deemed ok, because it isn't anymore. Not on my watch.

Col. Khaddafi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am wrote:and they claim they are not rotten to the core

:lol:

Col. Khaddafi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am wrote:Not only the discretionary suspensions, but also the fact
that they are so cowardly that they deleted the posts that Manders and Shazbot made on voltan's helpdesk.

Col. Khaddafi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 am wrote:I had the chance to see Manders post before it was deleted, and the fact is that it was a level-headed post calmly arguing why this infraction set a bad precedent for the future?


Col. Khaddafi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am wrote:"A reasonable post that criticizes staff actions?" DELETE and SUSPEND!


Sir Sapphire the 3rd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm wrote:
Originally posted by votan on MTGS
That was you being carefull and non aggressive?
I'd like to
know at what point calling people liars was deemed ok, because it isn't anymore. Not on my watch.

It is ok when you know they are full of it. On top of 2 people posted calmly why it was wrong i got what i would called harrased by you and the staff they themselves get suspended. Im sorry if I call poop poop and blue blue.
At this time i feel any more responces to you will result in what you yourself call "Trolling" And/or "flaming" so I am gonna be the bigger bestest man and walk away before You get any more ammo to find a way to suspend and/or ban me in a unfair manner that would more then likely result in more issues that you need to tie your hands up in.

Lassy keeping it classy


Manders » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:53 pm wrote:O. M. G.

Suspension

-----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------

You've been given a discretionary suspension for 3 days for disobeying the moderator request. Given the circumstances, you've been issued a 3-day suspension as opposed to a 30-day infraction, and your post has been deleted.

Manders » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm wrote:Hey, Yanni, we're chilling in the rape cave together! :hifive:
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

And how about G_R's suspension and banning?

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Gaea's Regent wrote:Despotism

I wrote a story
and now it's gone.
It disappeared,
what have they done?

It was fantastic,
it spoke of greed
and of betrayal,
and doubtful deeds.

The man in charge
was full of contempt
and even though he
used to be a friend
he killed my story
and threw me into jail.


( G_R ) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:55 pm wrote:My rape cave thread. No posts in the past 30+ hours, I guess he didn't like my last post:

Gaea's Regent wrote:Realmente te luciste esta vez Ben. Saltaste por todos
los aros para sacarte una infracción de la manga. Debo conceder que se trata de la infracción más creativa que he visto en años. ¿Infracción por lenguaje inapropiado por poner un montón de emoticons? ¡Jajajajaja!

Gracias por demostrar mi punto Ben. No es posible tener una conversación con ustedes. Están tan seguros de que están en lo correcto, que no se dan cuenta de lo equivocados que están. Por algo Mario llama a este lugar la cueva de la violación. Jamás respondieron mis preguntas, jamás se sentaron a hablar conmigo. Solamente se dedicaron a repetir su misma retórica de siempre, y cuando ya no pueden demostar que no están equivocados, sacan la famosa y omnipotente "discreción del moderador" y cortan toda comunicación.

Siento mucho que tengan tan pocos pantalones, y solo les comento que mis tres infracciones son una pendejada. La de tu mesa de ayuda quizás estuvo un poco cerca de la línea, pero las otras dos... ni cerca.

Están equivocados y por mucho que se esfuercen o que ignoren mis
palabras, seguirán estando equivocados.

Gané.


ExpiredRascals wrote:I'll admit I actually had never seen the turn of phrase "pocos pantalones", but I think I got the gist.

GR, you had just been carded for morse code of "fuck" and then posted the same thing in Spanish (with a smilie in place of dots and rating in place of lines).

Maybe I'm not understanding where you're coming from. Like, if I were to post "chinga tu madre"* in binary, it's not any more okay than in normal text. Also, when we founded the spanish language thread, part of it was that we'd both be attentive to inappropriate language in the thread ("joder" being included). Why does this change when it's in a different thread?

I'm here to listen to what you have to say. I'll be posting in English since my productive fluency in Spanish isn't what it could be, I don't mind if you prefer to post your side in
Spanish.

[sub]*most offensive off-the-cuff phrase that I can think of in Spanish — granted my limited contact with that area of the language.[/sub]


Gaea's Regent wrote:Joder is not censored. There is a previous discussion in tgitokt regarding "strong" words in non-English that pretty much concluded that nobody cares because it isn't the language understood by most members. The Cuban Room rule is therefore not applied in a non-Spanish setting. Joder has a different meaning in Guatemala that is not translated as **** but tease. After the Morse thing I made a question and got an infraction instead of an answer.


Gaea's Regent wrote:No fair, you can edit but I can't. Anyway, my phone ate the rest of that post.

Here's an [url="http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2669204&p=13517201#post13517201"]explanation by this very excellent poster[/url] about the word joder in my country.

nAbout my infractions:

  1. Talore and his "I'm not going to play" attitude, and Nai's "Appeal denied" stamp left no room for discussion. I know about the moniker and you guys do too. But I had legitimate reasons to want to keep that story on a thread, and only people who had Gutter access a year ago knew about that, until Talore told everyone in his helpdesk.
  2. I thought helpdesks were a bit more laid back, especially when you have a history of being friendly with the moderator in question. I just tried to prove the point that you had to use a translator in order to know what the words were, and Jay13x was kind enough to provide a translation, thank you very much. Conversation could have continued from there, but there were no more posts and just red-colored stuff instead. I didn't argue that infractions, because once you labeled it "trolling" I am baffled because I never know what trolling is or isn't in the context
    of MTGS.
  3. Which leads us to the last one. In the translated text I purpotedly used the example with the word joder because I "knew" that it was a word that I could post without getting carded. It's not that I was wrong, it's that you are.


ExpiredRascals wrote:
Gaea's Regent wrote:Joder is not censored. There is a previous discussion in tgitokt regarding "strong" words in non-English that pretty much concluded that nobody cares because it isn't the language understood by most members. The Cuban Room rule is therefore not applied in a non-Spanish setting. Joder has a different meaning in Guatemala that is not translated as **** but tease. After the Morse thing I made a question and got an infraction instead of an answer.


Gaea's Regent wrote:No fair, you can edit but I can't. Anyway, my phone ate the rest of that post.

nHere's an explanation by this very excellent poster about the word joder in my country.


So it's able to be used with the same broad options as "f[SIZE="2"]u[/SIZE]ck", such as "Don't f[SIZE="2"]u[/SIZE]ck with me", but the author themself concedes that it's still quite vulgar slang.

Also, I couldn't find the foreign language vulgarities discussion that you mentioned in TGITOK (Unless you meant the "bollocks" discussion of british slang?). If you can remember the specific subject matter, I don't mind delving through again, but my searches didn't turn up anything.

About my infractions:

1. Talore and his "I'm not going to play" attitude, and Nai's "Appeal denied" stamp left no room for discussion. I know about the moniker and you guys do too. But I had
legitimate reasons to want to keep that story on a thread, and only people who had Gutter access a year ago knew about that, until Talore told everyone in his helpdesk.


Nai has upheld this, and given how transparent the allegory of that story was, I don't disagree with him. I'm sure you consider me biased, and I suppose there's a reason why I wasn't the one to handle that appeal, but I'd have this outlook even if it were a random other entity being targeted.

2. I thought helpdesks were a bit more laid back, especially when you have a history of being friendly with the moderator in question. I just tried to prove the point that you had to use a translator in order to know what the words were, and Jay13x was kind enough to provide a translation, thank you very much. Conversation could have continued from there, but there were no more posts and just red-colored stuff instead. I didn't argue that infractions, because once you labeled it "trolling" I am
baffled because I never know what trolling is or isn't in the context of MTGS.


I assume we're to ignore the fact that you've been openly hostile towards me in recent memory.

But sure, I'll bite: what were you shooting to convey with that post?
And, assuming it was for a non-trolling reason, why would it not be against the second clause of the Bad Spelling/Grammar rules?

I don't mean to be coming at you hard here, I'm fine to have the discussion, I just mean to cover everything rather than it feel like I'm springing stuff on you bit by bit.

3. Which leads us to the last one. In the translated text I purpotedly used the example with the word joder because I "knew" that it was a word that I could post without getting carded. It's not that I was wrong, it's that you are.


Could you explain what you mean here?[/quote:
2qjowrci]

Gaea's Regent wrote:Posting joder is not infractable. It never has been. 99% of MTGS members have no clue of what that infraction was about.

Both infractions are contradicting each other. Galspanic labeled my post in your helpkesk as trolling, because it is in a code that is not easily understood without the help of a translator (unless you work as a telegrapher).

Then you hit me for inappropriate language, even tough my post can only be interpreted as such if you are trying to. And you tried really hard, didn't you?


( G_R ) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 pm wrote:You see, I got an infraction-insta-suspension for posting smileys that were arranged in a manner that matched dots and dashes which could be interpreted to represent long and short beeps from morse code. Once you made that connection, you had to use the
online translating tools to uncover a message that didn't make any sense... because it was spelled all backwards and, furthermore in Spanish.
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:34 am

Image
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean
Posts: 15731
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:03 am

Postby Second Harkius » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:51 pm

:lapdog:

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14620
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Location: Mania

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:00 am

.opit ese ocol átsE

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
( G_R )
Tire Aficionado
Posts: 14620
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am
Location: Mania

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 am

Wanna hear something funny? They don't seem to have a problem with my current Location (been like that for over 6 months):

Image

Mcdonalds » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 pm wrote:That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

User avatar
Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
Posts: 9951
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm
Location: Manasjap madness

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 pm

[quote from="pinkfloyd »" url="http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/mtg-salvation/community-issues/402016-overzealous-moderators?comment=70"][QUOTE=voltan;/comments/8609112]You're joking with people's work and I'm sick of it[/QUOTE]
What?

I don't understand this?[/quote]
Image


Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:


Return to “2013 MTGS Razzies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests