Razzies Awards discussion thread

Come vote in the Forum Awards

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, iamabadman

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Razzies Awards discussion thread

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Discuss!
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Col. Khaddafi and 1 guest

Less than 30min since the razzies are up, and the guests are already in da haus!
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:00 am

vote in for yomako event in some category
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:02 am

i'm not sure which got less effort, these razzies or the front page

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:08 am

maybe we should have a "Technician of the Year Award" for a DTR-centric razzie. I'd nominate Onar

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:09 am

onar for queen of the razzies!

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 am

Well, I've completed the nominations, but I'm down for putting other awards up for voting if someone has some fun ideas

I now have to dug up some quotes, there's way too much shit this year

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 am

Best Rape Cave appeal award? y/n

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 am

are you going to post all the appeal threads ? :D
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:33 am

I actually have none since I made an oath never to appeal in the Rape Cave, but it might be a good contest if Kaits, GR and others would play along and post their own appeals

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:45 am

Maybe some kind of best infraction?
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:48 am

probably covered by the most creative suspension/banning? I can do most creative infraction/suspension/banning

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 am

NOT EVERYONE IS HATED ENOUGH TO GET AUTOBANNED

LP, of the Fires
Tire Aficionado

Postby LP, of the Fires » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:53 am

What is this "rape cave" you speak of?
You gotta understand, I love the beatdown. I really do. I always have.

Beatdown is hard, though.

Patrick chapin

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:54 am

The ban appeal section

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:03 am

GR rape cave appeal:
My rape cave thread. No posts in the past 30+ hours, I guess he didn't like my last post:
Realmente te luciste esta vez Ben. Saltaste por todos los aros para sacarte una infracción de la manga. Debo conceder que se trata de la infracción más creativa que he visto en años. ¿Infracción por lenguaje inapropiado por poner un montón de emoticons? ¡Jajajajaja!

Gracias por demostrar mi punto Ben. No es posible tener una conversación con ustedes. Están tan seguros de que están en lo correcto, que no se dan cuenta de lo equivocados que están. Por algo Mario llama a este lugar la cueva de la violación. Jamás respondieron mis preguntas, jamás se sentaron a hablar conmigo. Solamente se dedicaron a repetir su
misma retórica de siempre, y cuando ya no pueden demostar que no están equivocados, sacan la famosa y omnipotente "discreción del moderador" y cortan toda comunicación.

Siento mucho que tengan tan pocos pantalones, y solo les comento que mis tres infracciones son una pendejada. La de tu mesa de ayuda quizás estuvo un poco cerca de la línea, pero las otras dos... ni cerca.

Están equivocados y por mucho que se esfuercen o que ignoren mis palabras, seguirán estando equivocados.

Gané.
I'll admit I actually had never seen the turn of phrase "pocos pantalones", but I think I got the gist.

GR, you had just been carded for morse code of "fuck" and then posted the same thing in Spanish (with a smilie in place of dots and rating in place of lines).

Maybe I'm not understanding where you're coming from. Like, if I were to post "chinga tu madre"* in binary, it's not
any more okay than in normal text. Also, when we founded the spanish language thread, part of it was that we'd both be attentive to inappropriate language in the thread ("joder" being included). Why does this change when it's in a different thread?

I'm here to listen to what you have to say. I'll be posting in English since my productive fluency in Spanish isn't what it could be, I don't mind if you prefer to post your side in Spanish.

*most offensive off-the-cuff phrase that I can think of in Spanish — granted my limited contact with that area of the language.
Joder is not censored. There is a previous discussion in tgitokt regarding "strong" words in non-English that pretty much concluded that nobody cares because it isn't the language understood by most members. The Cuban Room rule is therefore not applied in a non-Spanish setting. Joder has a different meaning in Guatemala that is not translated
as **** but tease. After the Morse thing I made a question and got an infraction instead of an answer.
No fair, you can edit but I can't. Anyway, my phone ate the rest of that post.

Here's an explanation by this very excellent poster about the word joder in my country.

About my infractions:
  1. Talore and his "I'm not going to play" attitude, and Nai's "Appeal denied" stamp left no room for discussion. I know about the moniker and you guys do too. But I had legitimate reasons to want to keep that story on a thread, and only people who had Gutter access a year ago knew about that, until Talore told everyone in his helpdesk.
  2. I thought helpdesks were a bit more laid back, especially when you have a history of being friendly with the moderator in question.
    I just tried to prove the point that you had to use a translator in order to know what the words were, and Jay13x was kind enough to provide a translation, thank you very much. Conversation could have continued from there, but there were no more posts and just red-colored stuff instead. I didn't argue that infractions, because once you labeled it "trolling" I am baffled because I never know what trolling is or isn't in the context of MTGS.
  3. Which leads us to the last one. In the translated text I purpotedly used the example with the word joder because I "knew" that it was a word that I could post without getting carded. It's not that I was wrong, it's that you are.
Joder is not censored. There is a previous discussion in tgitokt regarding "strong" words in non-English that pretty much concluded that nobody
cares because it isn't the language understood by most members. The Cuban Room rule is therefore not applied in a non-Spanish setting. Joder has a different meaning in Guatemala that is not translated as **** but tease. After the Morse thing I made a question and got an infraction instead of an answer.
No fair, you can edit but I can't. Anyway, my phone ate the rest of that post.

Here's an explanation by this very excellent poster about the word joder in my country.
So it's able to be used with the same broad options as "fuck", such as "Don't fuck with me", but the author themself concedes that it's still quite vulgar slang.

Also, I couldn't find the foreign language vulgarities discussion that you mentioned in
TGITOK (Unless you meant the "bollocks" discussion of british slang?). If you can remember the specific subject matter, I don't mind delving through again, but my searches didn't turn up anything.
About my infractions:

1. Talore and his "I'm not going to play" attitude, and Nai's "Appeal denied" stamp left no room for discussion. I know about the moniker and you guys do too. But I had legitimate reasons to want to keep that story on a thread, and only people who had Gutter access a year ago knew about that, until Talore told everyone in his helpdesk.
Nai has upheld this, and given how transparent the allegory of that story was, I don't disagree with him. I'm sure you consider me biased, and I suppose there's a reason why I wasn't the one to handle that appeal, but I'd have this outlook even if it were a random other entity being targeted.
2. I thought helpdesks were a bit more laid back, especially when you
have a history of being friendly with the moderator in question. I just tried to prove the point that you had to use a translator in order to know what the words were, and Jay13x was kind enough to provide a translation, thank you very much. Conversation could have continued from there, but there were no more posts and just red-colored stuff instead. I didn't argue that infractions, because once you labeled it "trolling" I am baffled because I never know what trolling is or isn't in the context of MTGS.
I assume we're to ignore the fact that you've been openly hostile towards me in recent memory.

But sure, I'll bite: what were you shooting to convey with that post?
And, assuming it was for a non-trolling reason, why would it not be against the second clause of the Bad Spelling/Grammar rules?

I don't mean to be coming at you hard here, I'm fine to have the
discussion, I just mean to cover everything rather than it feel like I'm springing stuff on you bit by bit.
3. Which leads us to the last one. In the translated text I purpotedly used the example with the word joder because I "knew" that it was a word that I could post without getting carded. It's not that I was wrong, it's that you are.
Could you explain what you mean here?
Posting joder is not infractable. It never has been. 99% of MTGS members have no clue of what that infraction was about.

Both infractions are contradicting each other. Galspanic labeled my post in your helpkesk as trolling, because it is in a code that is not easily understood without the help of a translator (unless you work as a telegrapher).

Then you hit me for inappropriate language, even tough my post can only be interpreted as such if you are trying to. And you tried really hard, didn't you?
[/
quote]
We should totally make a "best rape cave post/thread" category for this year's razzies.
Posting joder is not infractable. It never has been. 99% of MTGS members have no clue of what that infraction was about.

Both infractions are contradicting each other. Galspanic labeled my post in your helpkesk as trolling, because it is in a code that is not easily understood without the help of a translator (unless you work as a telegrapher).

Then you hit me for inappropriate language, even tough my post can only be interpreted as such if you are trying to. And you
tried really hard, didn't you?
MTGS doesn't allow swearing on-site. It doesn't change if you take the nearest translation of another language and use that in place of the English word. Also, I'd argue that you specifically were aware of joder's standing, since you helped write the book on how the staff would handle Spanish. Posting inappropriately in Spanish outside the Spanish thread doesn't make a difference regarding whether it's inappropriate.

Also, the intentional impediments to readers were obvious as well, and fell afoul of two branches of the main forum rules (the "make an effort to use readable English" part of the bad spelling/grammar rule, and the trolling rule).

You can call it what you will, but both cards are upheld.
Except I didn't post the word joder, but a bunch of smileys. It takes a certain kind of person to take the trouble to decipher the code to check if
a rule has been "broken". Thanks again for proving me right. Keep justifying yourselves, you're still wrong.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

I'd have this outlook even if it were a random other entity being targeted

:iridium:

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 am

best dtr hiatus?

pendulum
nms
spam?
others

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:04 am

Harko
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:48 pm

lol the view count already
best dtr hiatus?

pendulum
nms
spam?
others
Shalako
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:09 pm

I meant one someone that left and returned

Hence the ? For Spam

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 am

I would suggest a category for most contributions to DTR, but Kaitscralt would win by a landslide.
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Worst blathering thread

Jesus
Newcomer

Postby Jesus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:15 am

I would suggest a category for most contributions to DTR, but Kaitscralt would win by a landslide.
The avatar alone is why I come here.

Blackhound
prinny dood!

Postby Blackhound » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:38 pm

could I make a poll for biggest narrcisst bullshiting mod with reasons as to why for each one of them in the poll?

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 pm

sure, go ahead

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:23 pm

can we cancel the razzies forever

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 pm

No

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Sat May 03, 2014 11:42 pm

so did anyone win anything this year?

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Wed May 07, 2014 1:30 am

Ol dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl
dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymesOl dirty bastard meets carter 2 lil wayne meets slowed down busta rhymes

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Wed May 07, 2014 5:50 am

ODB, Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes weren't up for any Razzies.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:30 pm

I won the "least razzie quotes read" award
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Return to “2013 MTGS Razzies”