Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

I was sure that both Z and Wraith were Vanilla Townie, but was very unsure about everyone else.
I thought that both Fate and Manders could be the doctor, while being pretty sure Stardust wasn't.
That last day was crazy because I wasn't sold on Rezombad being scum, so I was reconsidering my ideas on Zem (and I also couln't keep on that "come on, I'm town façade without trying to set Wraith against Z or vice versa), but I couldn't not lynch rez after his being put at L-1; had he turned out town, I would have tried to NK Z.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 pm

I think you played well on the final Day, but Wraith was so consistent and sincere throughout the entire game.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 pm

Zem, I was legitimately surprised when I found that you were town.
Give you some honest feedback from where I am sitting. Bear in mind that I am a bit of a mafia neophyte myself.
I felt that your case against me was very aggressive and based upon very little (at least early on. Your view on my alignment changed very drastically after just one of my posts), and while I know you to be aggressive, it seemed to
me as if you were just trying to get a quick lynch on a somewhat inexperienced player who made a slip.
There's no reason for scum to openly and aggressively go after someone like I went after you. While some scum will do that (its very hard through), most prefer to take a more passive role, which is what we saw from all 4 scum in this game. Remember that too.
I had it in my mind that you were first-time scum. In DTR, you were aggressive as town and downright bloodthirsty as SK, giving me reason to believe that you would also be incredibly bloodthirsty as scum.
My play as the SK was both poor and misguided by the structure of the game, plus two mod errors with the PMs giving me and Stardust incorrect information, that ultimately substantially affected my play. It is quite possible that i'll be similarly bad as scum when / if I ever roll it though!
You became increasingly less scummy as the game
progressed, but I still thought you were scum due to the elimination of the other town spots.
Shouldn't it have become more likely I was scum as the ratio of scum players in the remaining pool increased proportionately?
What I was trying to say was that your actions made you look less scummy, but the numbers increased your chances of being scum.
Makes sense.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 am

Congrats to Kaze for being the most organized mod I've ever played with. The thing with Ice N1 could have gone differently, though, but nevertheless, great mod. :smileup:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:02 am

EST is not a thing outside of a couple countries. Try UTC next time. :jam:
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:07 am

GG guys.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:39 am

I had fun defending myself from wraith and making my first (?) correct case on scum and sticking pretty close to it. My main two reads were scum (although I was clueless about Rez and dropped CM when he replaced out (red was a hard replacement because he is so new that I just have him the benefit of the doubt on content/etc.) so that feels pretty good.

Kaze, can you lock my sign up thread? I don't think we're getting 6 more people in 5 hours
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:42 am

EST is not a thing outside of a couple countries. Try UTC next time. :jam:
I will do this from now on; thank you.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Don't be too hard on yourself. Wraith just read as very genuine; he just picked the wrong scum but it's not like there was anything he could do differently. Definitely his best played game so far.
Really? R_0 read one post of his and called him for scum as well. If this was his best game, I am glad I didn't play in the others. :/

I guess meta worked in this case, but he's got a lot of work to do. And, there was plenty he could do differently. More on that later.
holy shit this game

Just so
everyone knows I generally like discussions about target choices as town, and it bit me in the ass when manders applied pressure. Manders just knows me too well, my first game ever was one hosted by her!
What bit you in the ass is your lame attempt to brush it off. Then, the ULTIMATE scumtell. Replacement. :p

:love:
Manders was dead on with C.M., but you should have pushed the vote harder on him instead of pick a fight with me.
You should go read Day 1 again. I did everything I could have with CM. He only posted thrice, then he replaced out.

Off the top of my head, stop trying so hard. That is my advice to you. When you are town, just
sit back, read the posts, and focus on your top two or three scum. And stop jumping around so much. I know you second guess yourself. All townies do. But you have to trust your reads. Look for the evidence, and ask yourself, "What was he/she thinking when he/she posted this?" The answer is between the lines. That is my friendly advice to you. No hard feelings on the game. :D
I'm glad I didn't ask for spoilers. It was nice to keep spectating and trying to figure out the setup, but being unable to post was occasionally infuriating. Red, I had you as for-sure scum (and probably Ice) within your first few posts in the last day, but I still thought you played well. You reminded me of Iso in the last few days of Theros (serving as the voice of reason), which
lead me to try and read you harder and eventually find scummy motives.
That is an excellent read. Good job.
Zem, I was legitimately surprised when I found that you were town. I felt that your case against me was very aggressive and based upon very little (at least early on. Your view on my alignment changed very drastically after just one of my posts), and while I know you to be aggressive, it seemed to me as if you were just trying to get a quick lynch on a somewhat inexperienced player who made a slip. You became increasingly less scummy as the game progressed, but I still thought you were scum due to the elimination of the other town spots.
I felt the same way about him, but for different reasons. He didn't show any concern for the town. Hard to explain, but that's what I was getting from his actions.

And what the hell happened between Ham and zem? You guys need to learn to leave that shit out of the game, or don't play in them together
anymore. Ham, I'd prefer if you didn't retire from the game. You show potential to be a fun guy to play with.

Great game, Kaze. It did show me I need to wait until we have wi-fi to play agian, but I'm glad I was here for it. :D
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 pm

And by Ham, Manders of course means Suga. I agree that Suga's a decent guy to play mafia with, so long as he's active. This game was brutal. zemanjaski lost a lot of my respect for his part in all that too. I'd like to play with both of them again, but shit like that is bad for the game and bad for the town.

It was fun playing with you too, Manders. Hope you'll come back soon.
҉

Void

Postby Void » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 pm

This game was a lot of fun. I shouldn't have survived that derpy hammer. I knew it was the hammer and tryed forcing a natural reaction way too hard.

When Murphy replaced out and was on the verge of Mod kill I began to worry. But, thanks to Red (Thanks!) we were able to get lucky enough to win. Yes, luck had a big hand in our win. My play was awful and lurky all game.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Are you going to play again, Void, or was your offense at my "coming at you sideways" just you trying to act town? :tongue:
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm

You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Void

Postby Void » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Are you going to play again, Void, or was your offense at my "coming at you sideways" just you trying to act town? :tongue:
No, that was a legitimate comment. I'm not going to play on this site anymore. I have enough anger issues as it is and I don't need the play style of this site to make it worse.

As I said in game, I'm not going to ask those to change because that is how they play. It's just better for me to take my bow and leave gracefully.

It's been fun.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm glad I didn't ask for spoilers. It was nice to keep spectating and trying to figure out the setup, but being unable to post was occasionally infuriating. Red, I had you as for-sure scum (and probably Ice) within your first few posts in the last day, but I still thought you played well. You reminded me of Iso in the last few days of Theros (serving as the voice of reason), which lead me to try and read you harder and eventually find scummy motives.
Wraith, I really didn't like how you kept calling me a distraction after I flipped town. It did nothing to advance the game, and gave me the impression that you were thinking in a very closed-minded way and just trying to put a label on people. You really can't look at anything in this game as just black or
white (aside from what the mod tells us). Additionally, I wasn't trying to be a distraction to the cases on the other potential scum. I wanted to divert the focus of the game towards them more than anything else.
Zem, I was legitimately surprised when I found that you were town. I felt that your case against me was very aggressive and based upon very little (at least early on. Your view on my alignment changed very drastically after just one of my posts), and while I know you to be aggressive, it seemed to me as if you were just trying to get a quick lynch on a somewhat inexperienced player who made a slip. You became increasingly less scummy as the game progressed, but I still thought you were scum due to the elimination of the other town spots.
:eyebrow: You were a huge disstraction. I cannot find a method or means to which were you helped direct the conversation to scum hunting.
You kept talking the devils advocate or trying rationalize arguements we did not need to. I get that you may not prefer to go for the throat style voting, but town needs to move forward to win. I had the feeling you were town, but you kept giving scum reads one after another. Town could have lynched an ice faction if you had not run interferance constantly. Scum picked up on that and ran with it. Guess we are opposites. I need to slow down and you need to stay focused on scum hunting. I do think in black and white and am happy to remian there. Grey is OK sometimes. Indeed, I am rather close minded, but this game taught me to play the long game more.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 am

I'm glad I didn't ask for spoilers. It was nice to keep spectating and trying to figure out the setup, but being unable to post was occasionally infuriating. Red, I had you as for-sure scum (and probably Ice) within your first few posts in the last day, but I still thought you played well. You reminded me of Iso in the last few days of Theros (serving as the voice of reason), which lead me to try and read you harder and eventually find scummy motives.
Wraith, I really didn't like how you kept calling me a distraction after I flipped town. It did nothing to advance the game, and gave me the impression
that you were thinking in a very closed-minded way and just trying to put a label on people. You really can't look at anything in this game as just black or white (aside from what the mod tells us). Additionally, I wasn't trying to be a distraction to the cases on the other potential scum. I wanted to divert the focus of the game towards them more than anything else.
You were a huge disstraction. I cannot find a method or means to which were you helped direct the conversation to scum hunting. You kept talking the devils advocate or trying rationalize arguements we did not need to. I get that you may not prefer to go for the throat style voting, but town needs to move forward to win. I had the feeling you were town, but you kept giving scum reads one after another. Town could have lynched an ice faction if you had not run interferance constantly. Scum picked up on that and ran with it. Guess we are opposites. I need to slow down and you need to stay focused on scum hunting. I do think in black and white and am happy to remian there. Grey is OK sometimes. Indeed, I am rather close minded, but this game taught me to play the long game more.
Close-minded play is going to lead to tunnel-vision and just overall bad play, man.

And are you really going to ignore that you attacked me (mildly, yes, but still an attack)
on baseless grounds? This was a major problem with you in-game, too. Your contradiction wasn't a contradiction, but you refused to admit it. You held on to thoughts of imopen2 as scum (regardless of what you've said since the game ended) mostly based on this belief, and it was wrong. You...you're just infuriating to deal with for this stuff.

Le sigh.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Return to “Completed Games”