Theros Pantheon Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Victory

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Stardust » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Theros. A land ruled over by the Pantheon of immortal gods. Some kind, some fair, some violent, but together they have kept things in balance on Theros for millennia. Grudges and betrayal (and more than a little infidelity) have always been common among the gods, but the balance of power always found an equilibrium. It was that equilibrium that kept Theros stable and secure throughout its long history.

Then everything was changed by one fateful act. A planeswalker came to Theros bearing a strange sword from another world, the likes of which had never been seen before. She pledged her loyalty to Heliod and gave him the sword as an offering, claiming that it had the power to erase anything from existence, perhaps even the gods themselves. Heliod ordered that the sword be brought back to Nyx, where it was to be kept safe, out of the hands of mortals who could not be trusted with such power. There it stayed, guarded by all manner of magical creature, waiting for someone to dare to claim it...

Several months went by and the sword was forgotten, buried in importance by the usual petty rivalries and godly whims. Then, one day, the sword was gone. No trace whatsoever remained of the beasts set to guard it. A few days later, Mogis, god of violence, war and bloodlust, was gone as well. In the weeks following Mogis’s disappearance, the stability of the Pantheon was shaken. The death of a god is no small thing, and the void left by Mogis caused a ripple effect throughout all of Theros. The equilibrium was lost. The mortal people found themselves confused as their emotions struggled to ride the shifting storm. Natural disasters sprung up across the land as the gods’ powers slipped and shifted, fighting to fill the void. Perhaps most importantly, the gods themselves suddenly found that they were mortal.

This was proven just this morning when Xenagos, the newly divined God of Abandon, was found dead. Unlike Mogis, who had simply vanished without a trace, Xenagos was found broken and fading, his sparkling blood seeping into the earth. The thirteen remaining members of the Pantheon were called together where they listened as the fates told them that some among them had been plotting to overthrow the Pantheon and take power for themselves. None were very surprised, for how many centuries had they spent squabbling amongst themselves? But the balance of power must be preserved. If it is not, Theros itself may be destroyed...

Welcome to the Theros Pantheon! In this mafia game you are a god of immeasurable power. Fight to restore the balance or fight to take power for
yourself, the choice is yours.

First of all, the rules. Read them. They are very important. Failure to follow these rules may result in your untimely death.
The Rules
If you're new to mafia, please take a look at the first couple posts of this thread. There are lots of good resources here in the mafia forums and on the mafiascum wiki. Check them out to get a better idea of what you’re supposed to do.

1. Do not quote PM’s that you receive from me. This includes your role PM and any images. You may paraphrase, but do not quote or try to describe anything beyond the words.
2. Do not edit or delete posts. If you have something more to say, make a new post. If you want to correct your grammar, make a new post. Anything else? Make a new post.
3. Do not talk about this game outside this game. Communication with other players must happen either in this thread or by means I provide.
4. Votes and Unvotes must be bolded. Unvoting is helpful, but not required to switch your vote.
5. If you have a question or request for me, please bold it. Questions and requests can also be PM’d to me. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything! I may not give you an answer, but I’ll always reply and am happy to help.
6. You are expected to participate in this game. Any player who has not posted in 72 hours will be prodded. Failure to reply to this prod or being prodded multiple times will result in your replacement or modkill. If you will be unable to post for some period of time, please notify me either in thread or by PM.
7. If you are unable or unwilling to continue playing, please contact me so I can find a replacement.
8. Once a lynch has been achieved, no unvotes will reverse it.
9. Be sporting. No trying to get modkilled, no cryptoclaiming, no outing of your scum buddies as some twisted revenge. Please don’t try to win so hard that you ruin the game in the process.
10. Thanking posts is allowed as long as you are alive in-game. Dead players and spectators may thank posts as well (so long as it won't impact the game), but must ask my permission before thanking the post.
Credits
Thank you to Megiddo for helping with the setup!
Thanks to Kaze for the second review and lengthy discussion!
Thanks to DarkNightCavalier from Heroes of the Plane Studios for the intro banner!
Sample Vanilla Town Role PM
You are Xenagos, God of Abandon.
Alas, your time as an immortal god was short-lived. How ironic. Then again, I suppose it’s only fitting for a guy with such a high risk lifestyle. The wine, the women, the song, oh man did you ever have some good times. But now you’re dead. Shucks.

You win when all threats to the Pantheon have been eliminated.
Abilities: During the day, you may vote.
I like my games a bit more flavour driven than most, so role names are public. You’re encouraged to have fun with your character, and I’ll be tracking votes based on both role name and username, so feel free to use either. Abilities are not explicitly attached to role names, so make sure you read the abilities section of your role PM as that is where you will find your game related role (if you have any). Upon death your name, flavour and win condition will be revealed, but all abilities will be hidden.

Good luck and have fun!

Athreos (RedNihilist) - The divine ferryman, RedNihilist sails the rivers that ring the world, carrying the dead to the Underworld... and calling on griffins and demons to gather the strays.
Ephara (rezombad) - God of shelter and protector of the polis Meletis, rezombad granted the mortal people the power necessary to defeat the evil archon Agnomakhos.
Erebos (imopen2) - God of the dead, imopen2 was born from the first shadow cast by Heliod's light. Banished to the Underworld, he accepts his fate and rules over all things deceased.
Heliod (Lord_Mcdonalds) - God of the Sun, Lord_Mcdonalds' presence fills the sky with light. He represents law, justice, honour... and retribution.
Iroas (zemanjaski) - God of war and the patron of Akros, those who worship zemanjaski seek honour and victory in battle.
Karametra (Captain Murphy) - God of the hearth and of agriculture, Captain Murphy values civilization over the wilds and is the patron god of Setessa.
Keranos (TubeHunter) - God of storms and visions, TubeHunter controls the skies and can change his mood as quickly as the weather.
Kruphix (hamfactorial) - God of prophecy and horizons, hamfactorial opens the eyes of many to new mysteries and knowledge.
Nylea (Void) - God of the hunt, Void tends to the wilds of Theros, often with lethal consequences for those who would threaten it.
Pharika (WitchHunt) - God of potions and poisons, basilisks and cures, WitchHunt is worshipped in Setessa's Winter Nexus.
Phenax (DroppinSuga) - God of deceit and lies, DroppinSuga is also associated with the Returned, the dead who have escaped the Underworld.
Purphoros (rcwraspy) - God of the forge, of fire and passion, rcwraspy is the divine blacksmith, crafting the landscape and stirring the hearts of both men and god alike.
Thassa (Iso) - God of the sea, of secrets, murmurs and gradual change, Iso is revered and appeased by any and all who venture out to sea.

The
Pantheon
(3 Alive)
imopen2 - Erebos, God of the Dead
Iso - Thassa, God of the Sea
Captain Murphy - Karametra, God of the Hearth

Among the Stars (10 Dead)
DroppinSuga - Phenax, Master of Deceit - Lynched Day 1
WitchHunt- Pharika, God of the Gorgons - Killed Night 1
hamfactorial - Kruphix, Prophet of the Gods - Lynched Day 2
zemanjaski - Iroas, God of War - Died Day 2
rcwraspy - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Killed Night 2
Lord_Mcdonalds (r. InflatablePie (
r. Wraith223))
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Lynched Day 3
Void - Nylea, God of the Hunt - Killed Night 3
RedNihilist - Athreos, River Guide - Lynched Day 4
rezombad - Ephara, the Great Protector - Killed Night 4
TubeHunter - Mogis, Sadist God - Lynched Day 5

Ascendants (/replace)
None. Contact me if you want to be added to this list!

Mortal on-lookers (/spectate)
1. Kazekirimaru (Jesus)
2. DocLawless

Waypoints
Day 1
Votecount - DroppinSuga (Phenax) lynched
Night 1
Day 2
InflatablePie (Heliod) lynch failed
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
GAME OVER
Setup Info

Click this link to find the latest votecount. Change my name in the URL to search all posts from other players in this thread.
http://diestoremoval.com/search.php?t=2 ... r=stardust
Last edited by Stardust on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 38 times in total.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 pm

It is now pregame. Do not post. Please confirm that you have received your role PM. If you think you should have receieved a role PM but didn't please PM me.
҉

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Received.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Day 1 - Fates Foretold

Postby Stardust » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Phenax arrives before the others and amuses himself by testing the patience of the fates. Slowly all the other gods turn up from their corners of the world and listen as the fates tell them of a danger to the plane, a danger from within the Pantheon itself. Xenagos's fading body at your feet, this is all too apparent. The usurpers must be stopped.

It is now Day 1. With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Vote Suga for posting before being allowed to do so.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:13 pm

vote: Void

because there is nothing else.

(also, thanks to Stardust for the great flavor so far)
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Vote RedNihilist

for not acutally voting.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 pm

vote: rezombad for unmasking my scheme!

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:31 pm

vote: zemanjaski

Gotta keep his streak alive

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Vote: Iso, with a vengeance.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Vote Raspy for being scum in every game i've played with him

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Vote Zemanjaski for using "toDay" and "toNight", activating my OCD during games.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Vote Void where my bitches at
Last edited by Iso on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Void

Postby Void » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 am

Vote: No Lynch

This game is going to be a lot of fun!

WitchHunt

Postby WitchHunt » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 am

Vote: Void, I remember the last time I played with someone who voted No Lynch.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 am

God dammit, Void. XD
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 am

Vote DroppinSuga for not counter voting Red or responding to him properly.

Also watching Ham as he was seems to bandwagon with DroppinSuga against Zem. It would be an easy mind game to get Zem lynched day one without raising suspicion.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
Commander- Kaalia (Dega) and Nekusar (Grixis)
Modern- UB Faeries and Splinter Twin
Standard- Mono-black Devotion
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 am

Lozlz, you got me Wraith! Now we just need half of the player base to "R"VS Z and my devious plan will have worked. Yeah dice rolls!

- laughs menacingly, strokes beard -

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:59 am

Lozlz, you got me Wraith! Now we just need half of the player base to "R"VS Z and my devious plan will have worked. Yeah dice rolls!

- laughs menacingly, strokes beard -
Which beard? :scared:

Until Zem posts content, I cannot guess if he scum or not.
Author of Gunning for Tactical/Practical - http://diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2103
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:16 am

Also watching Ham as he was seems to bandwagon with DroppinSuga against Zem. It would be an easy mind game to get Zem lynched day one without raising suspicion.
Red never voted for suga.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:33 am

Red never voted for suga.
He did not bold his vote...right :/

He should have respondedanyway being this is opening game. Watch Ham and Suga in their responses to each other from now on. I think there might be a team set up
there. Every other post is rather blah or just water testing.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:37 am

If only I were a day cop this game...

Vote Wraith223

He's funny. Too funny...
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:38 am

I've never been lynched Wraith, just daykilled by bad players.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 am

I love when RVS get taken seriously!

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:40 am

My serious vote is now random.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 am

I actually think Z may be a decent target. He should know that wraith is just a bit crazy in Mafia. Seems like he's hoping for an easy day one mislynch.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:54 am

If only I were a day cop this game...

Vote Wraith223

He's funny. Too funny...
:eyebrow: OK? What made me scum to you? Being hyper aggresive will only get you lynched or other town lynched. Think you would have learned that by now.

I just asked that others not bandwagon lynch you till you post content and your first reaction is to vote me? Interesting. I could conclude that you are working with Suga and Ham to create a false bandwagon inorder to gain trust to lynch town that try use logic. The other theory I have is that you talk a load a shit at first to make everyone think you are crazy aggressive in order to
knock folks off balance. Am I funny now?
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:55 am

HAHAHAHA.

Got exactly what I was looking for.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:05 am

My serious vote is now random.
:smileup:
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:09 am

I've never been lynched Wraith, just daykilled by bad players.
don't discuss ongoing games

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 am

HAHAHAHA.

What, specifically, do you not like about wraith's reaction?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:13 am

:ape: the level of srs in this thread is too damn high

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:16 am

HAHAHAHA.

I made no comment about liking it or not, don't put words in my mouth.

He's reaction is fine, I just find his way of posting amusing. He's overreaction to RVS silliness was particularly enjoyable.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 am

Your post says you were expecting a certain reaction from wraith.

If his reaction was fine, why is your vote still on him?

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 am

Yeah, like I said, I got exactly the reaction I expected. Your reading comprehension this game hasn't been good.

I don't have to Unvote an RVS vote. Not everyone does.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 am

The difference between how clever you are and how clever you think you are is adorable.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 am

unvote

vote zemanjaski

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:45 am

Why u mad tho?
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 am

HAHAHAHA.

I made no comment about liking it or not, don't put words in my mouth.

He's reaction is fine, I just find his way of posting amusing. He's overreaction to RVS silliness was particularly enjoyable.
Your statement that you wish for being a cop or vigilante were quite telling.
It is a poor role play of a bully without a stick. If you had the stick; would hit someone with it without significal reason to. I posit that you are having revenge issues.

I am glad you find my over reaction amusing. Somone has to be the adult in the room as usual for the white god. :rolleyes:
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Wraith223
Tire Aficionado

Postby Wraith223 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 am

unvote Ham

After further study, the vote is unwarrented now.

See you all tommarrow.
Current Decks
You drive badass things.
Xenphire Sig.

Return to “Completed Games”