Theros Pantheon Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Victory

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby hamfactorial » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:23 am

Cool setup, many thanks to Stardust :)

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 am

It didn't.

Also, always kill Iso.
/barn

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 am

What the fuck was with the fake claims wraith/pie/LMD? That really put me out of place. Iso was scum at the end and I knew it, imopen got past me.
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Captain Murphy
The highest high, I'm Ayatollah

Postby Captain Murphy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:59 am

Nice set up, GG
It's too bad we don't have a secret subforum where we can coordinate troll attempts where only we can see so that we don't have to catch on because only one of us is an actual rocket scientist.
I am particularly interested in committing internet genocide
in soviet gutter, New York somewhere in you

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:16 am

Also, always kill Iso.
Always.

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 am

A lot of fun. I should have been more assertive, was on to imopen early and Iso late - the latter of which I didn't even expand upon. Fun game all, GG.

Oh, and HUGE props to Stardust for the excellent setup and flavor. Really made every point extra fun.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:28 am

more thoughts after work since my phone just ate my post :/
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:48 am

What the fuck was with the fake claims wraith/pie/LMD? That really put me out of place. Iso was scum at the end and I knew it, imopen got past me.
I think wraith didn't fully understand that he wasn't simply a roleblocker and pie rolled with (I know some people don't read their role pm till after day 1, dunno if he is like that)

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 am

or maybe he realized that changing the claim would make him look scummy?

anyways, awesome set-up, was very fun. I had settled on voting tubehunter and went to vote him but saw that he had given himself up.

yea, I definitely misplayed when I didn't make the NK night 1....kinda blanked on my ability for a bit. I noticed soon after we made it tho, and in the end it was perhaps better since tubehunter wasn't on our team in the first place :D
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 am

And wraiths flavor gaming didn't already make him look scummy?

Given I was lynched largely based on that, what would it have changed for him?

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:35 am

Well pie wasn't lynched. Not sure if it was necessary, just might have been his reasoning

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:35 am

had fun. :thumbsup: i think the setup was a little mafia favored but was great overall.

p.s. fucking vanilla town. -.-
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:15 am

6-2 career record now :happybirthday:

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 am

0-3 :(
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 am

100% killed by vig rate though.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 am

Most Viggable Player
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:30 am

Oui oui.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 am

i thought I played ok this game but judging by the spec thread, I missed a lot of things.

I was honestly suspicious of iso since day 1 because it felt like he was lying to us in the mafia qt but luckily we figured it out in time

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am

I had to be sketchy because I couldn't explain why I was saying why I was saying in the QT as it required me to claim.

Yeah, I think Tube really underestimated the potential he had for the win at the end, there. I knew Murphy and imopen were both suspicious of me, which was also the reason I had Void killed - he probably would've turned on me at that point, with more ferocity than any of the other living players at that juncture. Oh, I remembered another reason why I wanted Witch killed - because I thought he was some kind of limited-shot Vig variant, and would eventually shoot me.

Honestly, I just sort of stopped trying when all of the mislynches started throwing themselves in front of the Iso Beam of Death and only started thinking about things again (though not paying too close attention) when I realized the SK was on our team. I figured it was Tube mostly based on both Tube's and imopen's reactions to my epiphany.

Also, the only reason I didn't openly discuss the SK as part of our group on the last Day was because of any potential "hidden townie" or "hidden revived player" shenanigans - anything like that would have resulted in a 20-30% smaller chance of my team winning with a full outing because it would have basically made the game into a Kingmaker.

Advice to you, Tube: Try not to shoot yourself in the foot when you're scum in future games. :p Also, as scum, you have to be very, very malleable to the state of the game. Even the best-laid plans can run afoul because of a stray Vig mucking about with WIFOM, or an unknown Governor stopping a lynch after you claim scum. Be careful (though not TOO careful), but be ruthless and adaptive.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed the game. It was a fun one to design. Thanks again to Kaze for the brainstorming.
should i have really killed iso earlyer?

ugh, i got blinded by going into today 1-1-1, felt that was my best chance
I think you still could have gotten to 1-1-1, but without Iso to catch you in the final Day. As more and more town players died, it became more and more obvious that the SK was within the mafia. Killing Iso the Night before would have put you at 3-1-1, but the kill would have scared imopen into pushing against the town and for sure you could have still managed a mislynch to bring you to 1-1-1 in the final Day. You were in a tough spot from mid-game though since the town did a really good job of killing themselves.
i think the setup was a little mafia favored but was great overall.
As it turned out, I agree. I balanced the setup based on the SK being more anti-mafia than anti-town, so gave them a bit more power to compensate (though they couldn't coordinate their abilities). Didn't help that you guys lynched your cop and your vig/doc got nightkilled Night 1. TubeHunter was too concerned with acting like mafia and not concerned enough with his win condition (which ended up killing him too), so what ended up happening is the town basically was fighting against 4 mafia members. Maybe I should have anticipated that he'd be scared of outing himself, but I figured he'd be working on bussing his buddies at least a little bit.
Full Role PM's
Town Role PM’s

You are Pharika, God of the Gorgons.
God of potions and poisons, basilisks and cures, you are
worshipped in Setessa's Winter Nexus. Letters containing prayers in your name are rolled up in ceramics and left in bogs for you to find as you move silently through the night. You know better than most that death and life are a balance. Your brothers and sisters who would threaten that balance must be stopped, at any cost.

You win when all threats to the Pantheon have been eliminated.
Abilities: During the day, you may vote.
Poison – Each Night, you may target a player. That player will be poisoned and will die at the end of the following Day.
Cure – During the Day or Twilight, you may "cure" a poisoned player by sending the mod a PM. If you do, that player will be protected from kills that Night.

You are Athreos, River Guide.
Death and life are yours to control, but you
happily play the role the fates have given you. Your domain is the Rivers That Ring the World where you travel on your own time, ferrying the dead to the Underworld, and calling occasionally on a skeletal griffin to gather the strays. Such is your lot in life, and you will perform that duty without question until the end.

Block Passage – Once per Day, during Twilight or at any time during the Day, you may target another player by sending the mod a PM. That player can’t be killed or lynched this Day or the following Night. This will be announced in-thread and will overturn a lynch that has already been decided (the Day will continue with the possibility of a different lynch).

You are Phenax, Master of Deceit.

God of deceit, of lies and of fraud, you revel in the subtlety of human trickery. Nothing pleases you more than to see a mortal duped or swindled while a vagrant virtuoso runs into the night. That is true art. If the balance cannot be restored, that little pleasure may be lost forever. It's time you turn your tricks on your siblings and root out those who would threaten Theros itself.

Truth Revealed – Each Night, you may target a player and send the mod a single quoted sentence from the previous Day. The mod will tell you to the best of his ability whether that player was telling the whole truth or not.

You are Heliod, God of the Sun.
God of the Sun, of law, and of justice, your very presence fills the sky
with light. It was your worshiper who brought the god-killing sword to Theros, but that only adds to the responsibility you already feel for maintaining the Pantheon. Khrusor, your divine spear, must fly strong and true if you hope to stop the usurpers from upsetting the natural balance.

Skewer – Each Night you may target a player. That player loses all abilities (except the ability to vote) for that Night and the following Day.

You are Purphoros, God of the Forge.
God of the forge, of fire and passion, you are the divine blacksmith, crafting the landscape and stirring the hearts of both men and god alike. You are honored by artisans and metalworkers, and by those in need of the purging power of flame.
Creation born of destruction and destruction born of creation is a cycle that must remain unbroken. The selfish gods who threaten that cycle must be stopped.

You are Ephara, the Great Protector.
God of shelter and protection, you granted power to the Meletians to kill the evil archon Agnomakhos. Mortals are a treasure to be cherished and defended, not cast aside by the greater forces of the gods. Theros is crumbling and must be shielded from the selfish gods who would take power without regard for the mortal lives lost.

You are [color=blue:
2l5ietqb]Nylea, God of the Hunt[/color].
God of predation, of the seasons and the forest, you protect old groves when no one else would care. Parasitic mortals and their agriculture are aberrations from the natural cycle – they can die in the upheaval for all you care. The natural spaces of Theros, however, are your domain, and must be protected. A fissure in the earth destroys the land as well as a plow, and you know these disasters will only continue unless balance can be restored to the Pantheon and to Theros itself.

You are Iroas, God of War.
God of honour and of victory, you are the patron god of Akros. It is in the battles of mortals, in the hearts and souls of men, where true divinity can be witnessed.
That divinity residing within mortals must be protected, at any cost. You are troubled by Mogis’s disappearance, however. Your twin has always lusted after death, and you worry that all this may just be a stage for his final act. Worse yet, your soldier’s instinct tells you that you may be next.

You are Karametra, God of the Hearth.
God of charity, of agriculture and of orphans, you are the patron of Setessa. Your relationship with your sister, Nylea, is conflicted, she viewing your love of the plow as an atrocity and you viewing her love of the wilds barbaric. Despite all that, you know that even she has a place in this world. The balance must be maintained in order for the stability of Theros and its civilizations to continue.

[b:
2l5ietqb]You win when all threats to the Pantheon have been eliminated.[/b]

Scum Role PM’s

You are Kruphix, Prophet of the Gods.
God of the prophets, horizons and the dawn, you have caught glimpses of a future in turmoil. A desolate land wracked by disaster and death, with no power left to watch over Theros. You will not let that happen. Being able to see into the future gives you unique insight and the ability to prevent this tragedy, but some of the gods don’t see it that way, preferring to squabble and debate like they always have. They must be made to see. A new age is coming, and you intend to be its dawn.

You win when the Pantheon is under your command.
You may
communicate with the mafia using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TQPTRUtrTX8
Divine – Each Night you may ask the mod for information regarding a specific player or one of town, neutral or mafia. The mod will reveal the abilities of that player or some truth about the setup regarding that faction. You may choose the same faction multiple times to gain additional information. The Divine ability is lost if mentioned in the mafia quicktopic! You may share the results, but do not even hint at the fact that you have additional abilities. Ask me first if you’re unsure. This is your only warning.

You also get one free use of your Divine ability. Before you and your allies set your daring plans in motion, you asked the fates whether they foresaw anything standing in your way. They replied, “There is one neutral
with the win condition to be the last remaining player.”
--------------------------------
**Kruphix’s answers!
Specific Player
- Reveal all abilities of that player (but not the ability name or any extra conditions on that ability (namely, those on the mafia’s secret abilities)).

Town
- There are 4 town power roles.
- Among the town power roles there are variations of cop, vigilante, doctor, roleblocker, and governor.
- Heliod, Pharika, Phenax and Athreos are the town power roles.
- [Reveal all town role PM’s and recipients] (reveals that the SK is within the mafia if Kruphix does the math)

Neutral
- Mogis lives and has taken the form of one of the mafia members. He has access to the mafia quicktopic.
- Mogis can gain an extra kill when Iroas dies.

Scum
- Each of the mafia members have abilities hidden from the rest of the group. The extra abilities are being kept secret for different reasons. One among you will betray the rest.
As you try to focus on
this aspect of your struggle, your vision clouds. You realise that seeking further answers along this line will yield no results.

--------------------------------

You are Thassa, God of the Sea.
God of deep waters, of secrets, murmurs and gradual change, you are revered and appeased by any and all who venture out to sea. As it should be, for what are mortals if not worshipers? The death of a god has signaled that a change is coming – fighting against that change would be as futile as fighting the tides. There is no other choice than to ride this out and seize power for yourself. Better than waiting for one of your siblings to do the same.

You win when the Pantheon is under your command.
You may communicate with the mafia using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TQPTRUtrTX8
Deepest Sleep – Each Night you may target a player. That player will be blocked from using any abilities that Night. The Deepest Sleep ability is lost if mentioned in the mafia quicktopic! Do not even hint at the fact that you have additional abilities. Ask me first if you’re unsure. This is your only warning.

You are Erebos, God of the Dead.
God of the Underworld, of misfortune, envy and bitterness, you were born from the first shadow cast by the Sun’s light. The gods banished you to the Underworld where you stayed, begrudgingly accepting your fate, for what else could you do? Now, the Pantheon has become weak. Mortal. Finally it is time to right the wrongs that were committed so long ago and take your rightful place in Nyx.

You win when the Pantheon
is under your command.

You may communicate with the mafia using this quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/TQPTRUtrTX8
Night’s Shadow – Daychat is allowed in the mafia quicktopic as long as you are alive
Return to the Underworld – If you are targeted by an ability at Night, that ability will fail. The Return to the Underworld ability is lost if mentioned in the mafia quicktopic! Do not even hint at the fact that you have additional abilities. Ask me first if you’re unsure. This is your only warning.

Neutral Role PM

You are Mogis, Sadist God.
God of violence, bloodlust and the atrocities of war,
nothing pleases you more than to see blood spilled on the ground. Finally, you now have the power and the means to make all of Theros burn. After months of preparation, you stole the otherworldly sword, testing it first on the magical guards, then on your kin Keranos a few days later. He simply ceased to exist, giving you weeks of satisfaction as you took his form and tricked the rest of the Pantheon into believing it was you who had been killed.

But mass fratricide alone isn’t enough. Watching your brothers and sisters tear each other apart would be so much more thrilling! As Keranos, you approached other gods with a proposition: taking control of the Pantheon. The divine mafia was formed. All you have to do now is pull the strings and watch the bloodshed unfold...

You are a self-aligned serial killer posing as part of the mafia team. You may speak in the mafia quicktopic and may be selected to perform the mafia night kill. You cannot be selected against your will, but you do not have the
final say on the mafia’s actions otherwise. If there are no mafia members alive, you may use the mafia night kill as normal.

You win when you are the last player alive.
Red Eye Rises – Once this game, at Night, you may kill target player. When Iroas dies, if you killed him or were voting for him when he was lynched, you gain one additional shot of this ability.

Outing or revealing the mafia team, whether faked or otherwise, is forbidden. It’s unsporting and will get you banned from any of my future games.
Night Actions
Night 1
- Iso roleblocks RedNihilist
- WitchHunt poisons
zemanjaski
- InflatablePie roleblocks Captain Murphy
- hamfactorial rolecops rezombad
- Mafia (TubeHunter) kills WitchHunt

Night 2
- Iso roleblocks Captain Murphy
- InflatablePie (Lord_Mcdonalds) roleblocks RedNihilist
- Mafia (imopen2) kills rcwraspy

Night 3
- Iso roleblocks RedNihilist
- Mafia (imopen2) kills Void

Night 4
- TubeHunter kills Iso
- Iso roleblocks TubeHunter
- Mafia (imopen2) kills rezombad
҉

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Why didnt witch doc anyone day1? They had to be poisoned to be docced? Oof.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Yeah, WitchHunt was more like a vig with a twist than a doc with a twist. Heliod and Athreos were both defensive roles anyway.

One thing I am disappointed about is that Heliod never hit scum with the roleblock. Losing the ability to chat in the mafia QT during the following Day (while his buddies are wondering where the hell you are) would have been funny.
҉

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:30 pm

Swish~~~

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:16 am

Stardust, I think it would be lulzy for you to post my Night actions I submitted to you. :yes:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm

So Batman decrees, so it is done.
I, Batman, Greek God of the Seas, decree that RedNihilist, the Ferryman God, will be Roleblocked by my mighty ocean's waves.
I, Batman, Greek God of the Seas will lull Captain Murphy the fuck to sleep with my calming Batwaves.
I, Batman, Greek God of the Seas will once again envelope RedNihilist with my huge, throbbing, wet...waves.
I, Batman, Greek God of the Seas, stick a shark up TubeHunter's ass toNight to prevent him from taking any actions.
҉

Return to “Completed Games”