Momir

Online Magic formats (MODO/Cockatrice/Apprentice/MWS/Duels of the Planeswalkers)

Moderator: ( G_R )

Elricity
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Momir

Postby Elricity » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Still clawing my way through the new player tickets just to give myself some sorely needed limited experience. I'm at 12 tickets from my starting 5 after nearly going broke early on but I'm prepping to move on to another format.

Unless I'm crazy, with no Momir dailies, is the premier the only reasonably profitable one? Or can you expect to do ok at 5-3-2-2?

magicdownunder
Tire Aficionado

Postby magicdownunder » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 am

Still clawing my way through the new player tickets just to give myself some sorely needed limited experience. I'm at 12 tickets from my starting 5 after nearly going broke early on but I'm prepping to move on to another format.

Unless I'm crazy, with no Momir dailies, is the premier the only reasonably profitable one? Or can you expect to do ok at 5-3-2-2?
Premier is your best bet, 5-3-2-2 (aka Elims) are good but they NEVER pop.

Enjoy Pauper, Standard, Momir, Modern and Music? then visit my channel: Video Link

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Ah, I'll try that. Just annoying that once I got in, they removed the prize support for the entry level ones. Was really hoping not to require a $200 investment to get rolling. I'm gathering that from everything I've read, there isn't really a good starter plan anymore to build tickets, is that right?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd you're looking for the cheapest way to start grinding, Momir and Pauper are the least expensive options that provide PEs. A format with daily events (Standard, Modern, Legacy, block) will give the best EV on a per-event basis, but you have to pay up front for the deck.

The 5-3-2-2 queues in Pauper offer decent value if you have a powerful deck, but you'll need to play a lot to build up your bankroll. Z's MUC list is doing well for me, slightly positive in the 2-mans (I don't have enough free time to play 8-mans)

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Ok, I'll grind the premiers then. I'm not interested in dropping the big investment yet since paper is still primarily what I prefer to play.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:38 pm

MDU and Z are the most experienced constructed grinders that I know personally. Kaitscralt (aka Madding) is very good at limited, so any of them would be good resources on the topic of MTGO grinding.

I do a lot of brewing (and thus buy a lot of cards from bots) and play in low EV 2-mans, so I never build up a bankroll. I put $25 worth of tickets into my account every month and can usually ride it for a few weeks.

Elricity
Tire Aficionado

Postby Elricity » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:25 pm

All I know of limited is you have to be extremely good to actually profit since you're using packs. I ended up losing my last 5 limited events so after 20 events I ended up only making 2 tickets profit. I punted one event, it felt like the other 4 I drew about 60% lands

Return to “Magic Online”