The Good, The Blathering, and The Ugly 7

*memories*

Moderators: Col. Khaddafi, ( G_R )

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Yes.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm

They say that money is the root of all evil, but I'm pretty sure it's actually foil Magic: the Gathering cards.
҉

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Paying absurd money for cardboard is stupid.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:25 pm

It's not just cardboard! It's got an additional thin film of shiny goodness that totally makes it a worthwhile purchase!
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Precisely!
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

I get off on shiny film

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:37 pm

The fact that Checkbox thanked Pendulum's post makes me sad. You guys actually believe in that shit, don't you?
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Where's Kijin when you need him? We could use a good rant about materialism.
҉

Neo Metal Sonic
Tire Aficionado

Postby Neo Metal Sonic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:08 pm

What is Bruno Mars?

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:40 pm

The fact that Checkbox thanked Pendulum's post makes me sad. You guys actually believe in that shit, don't you?
I'm just not really sure what your problem is with the idea of conspicuous consumption. It's perfectly fine when done safely. I practice moderation in my spending, but when it comes time to buy something that I feel needs to be premium, I have no qualms about dropping whatever I need to to get the product that will function the best for my needs. Whether that's a $6,000 chainsaw or foil Magic cards, it's a use of my ability to tell the manufacturer of that product, in the clearest terms possible, that I approve of their practices. It works even better when we're talking about foils, though, because the primary market for foils (
packs) is a non-issue that sells a modicum of product to the big faceless corporation and very little of my money goes into MaRo's pocket and instead gets funnelled directly to my local LGS, card store, or other secondary/tertiary seller, letting them profit and, again, providing my fiscal support for something I like in my life. Back when I owned the shop, you could always depend on foil singles sales, which pretty much single-handedly kept us afloat more often than I'd like to admit. While I'm fine with your belief in fiscal conservancy, I'm not really sure why you're harshing on austerity principles: people who buy foils in the secondary market help grease the wheels of the game, and are fine doing so.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:43 pm

What is Bruno Mars?
It's some guy us Americans pay to drive Justin Bieber insane. His bizarre hairstyle constantly emits a high-pitched frequency that only Biebers can hear, forcing them to drink heavily and drive motor vehicles in the hopes they'll drive off a bridge abutment.

Neo Metal Sonic
Tire Aficionado

Postby Neo Metal Sonic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 pm

What is Bruno Mars?
It's some guy us Americans pay to drive Justin Bieber insane. His bizarre hairstyle constantly emits a high-pitched frequency that only Biebers can hear, forcing them to drink heavily and drive motor vehicles in the hopes they'll drive off a bridge abutment.
Hmmm, interesting.

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm just not really sure what your problem is with the idea of conspicuous consumption. It's perfectly fine when done safely. I practice moderation in my spending, but when it comes time to buy something that I feel needs to be premium, I have no qualms about dropping whatever I need to to get the product that will function the best for my needs. Whether that's a $6,000 chainsaw or foil Magic cards, it's a use of my ability to tell the manufacturer of that product, in the
clearest terms possible, that I approve of their practices. It works even better when we're talking about foils, though, because the primary market for foils (packs) is a non-issue that sells a modicum of product to the big faceless corporation and very little of my money goes into MaRo's pocket and instead gets funnelled directly to my local LGS, card store, or other secondary/tertiary seller, letting them profit and, again, providing my fiscal support for something I like in my life. Back when I owned the shop, you could always depend on foil singles sales, which pretty much single-handedly kept us afloat more often than I'd like to admit. While I'm fine with your belief in fiscal conservancy, I'm not really sure why you're harshing on austerity principles: people who buy foils in the secondary market help grease the wheels of the game, and are fine doing so.
It's not that I hate the economy. It's that I hate people who spend large sums of money for frivolous reasons. When you
get right down to it, every cent you spend ends up getting spent on energy somewhere down the line. Maybe it goes through three or four transactions before it finally gets spent on oil or coal, but it does get there. So really, it's not that I dislike the concept of spending money, and it's not that I have any problem with people shoring up their insecurities with shiny pieces of cardboard, it's just that I'm an environmentalist who sees current levels of consumption as horribly unsustainable and dangerous.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm

:spam:
҉

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm just not really sure what your problem is with the idea of conspicuous consumption. It's perfectly fine when done safely. I practice moderation in my spending, but when it comes time to buy something that I feel needs to be premium, I have no qualms about dropping whatever I need to to get the product that will
function the best for my needs. Whether that's a $6,000 chainsaw or foil Magic cards, it's a use of my ability to tell the manufacturer of that product, in the clearest terms possible, that I approve of their practices. It works even better when we're talking about foils, though, because the primary market for foils (packs) is a non-issue that sells a modicum of product to the big faceless corporation and very little of my money goes into MaRo's pocket and instead gets funnelled directly to my local LGS, card store, or other secondary/tertiary seller, letting them profit and, again, providing my fiscal support for something I like in my life. Back when I owned the shop, you could always depend on foil singles sales, which pretty much single-handedly kept us afloat more often than I'd like to admit. While I'm fine with your belief in fiscal conservancy, I'm not really sure why you're harshing on austerity principles: people who buy foils in the secondary market help grease the wheels of the game,
and are fine doing so.
It's not that I hate the economy. It's that I hate people who spend large sums of money for frivolous reasons. When you get right down to it, every cent you spend ends up getting spent on energy somewhere down the line. Maybe it goes through three or four transactions before it finally gets spent on oil or coal, but it does get there. So really, it's not that I dislike the concept of spending money, and it's not that I have any problem with people shoring up their insecurities with shiny pieces of cardboard, it's just that I'm an environmentalist who sees current levels of consumption as horribly unsustainable and dangerous.
Whoa, holy shit. Introducing a fundamental environment gambit into a communalism defence is... it's a masterstroke. Well fuckin' done, good sir. I'm actually really sad that I have to go get stuff done now instead of continuing this (I probably would have tried to use 'The 1%' as an attack line). Maybe I'll just necro the fuck out of the thread when I return.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:36 pm

What is Bruno Mars?

a guy who takes grenades to the face for love

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm just not really sure what your problem is with the idea of conspicuous consumption. It's perfectly fine when done safely. I practice moderation in my
spending, but when it comes time to buy something that I feel needs to be premium, I have no qualms about dropping whatever I need to to get the product that will function the best for my needs. Whether that's a $6,000 chainsaw or foil Magic cards, it's a use of my ability to tell the manufacturer of that product, in the clearest terms possible, that I approve of their practices. It works even better when we're talking about foils, though, because the primary market for foils (packs) is a non-issue that sells a modicum of product to the big faceless corporation and very little of my money goes into MaRo's pocket and instead gets funnelled directly to my local LGS, card store, or other secondary/tertiary seller, letting them profit and, again, providing my fiscal support for something I like in my life. Back when I owned the shop, you could always depend on foil singles sales, which pretty much single-handedly kept us afloat more often than I'd like to admit. While I'm fine with your belief in
fiscal conservancy, I'm not really sure why you're harshing on austerity principles: people who buy foils in the secondary market help grease the wheels of the game, and are fine doing so.
It's not that I hate the economy. It's that I hate people who spend large sums of money for frivolous reasons. When you get right down to it, every cent you spend ends up getting spent on energy somewhere down the line. Maybe it goes through three or four transactions before it finally gets spent on oil or coal, but it does get there. So really, it's not that I dislike the concept of spending money, and it's not that I have any problem with people shoring up their insecurities with shiny pieces of cardboard, it's just that I'm an environmentalist who sees current levels of consumption as horribly unsustainable and dangerous.
Whoa, holy shit. Introducing a fundamental environment gambit into a communalism defence is... it's a masterstroke. Well fuckin' done, good sir. I'm
actually really sad that I have to go get stuff done now instead of continuing this (I probably would have tried to use 'The 1%' as an attack line). :( Maybe I'll just necro the fuck out of the thread when I return.
I'm a great debate analyst.
҉

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm

What is Bruno Mars?

a guy who takes grenades to the face for love
That song is easily my least favourite song of the past decade.

Wait, no, "I whip my hair back and forth" is a thing. That song was playing while I was bowling yesterday. Totally threw my game for those couple frames. :x
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Stardust is a master debater. He said it himself.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm a cunning linguist

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:10 pm

The thread on Sally about the in and is lulzy

For like no reason some guy starts ranting about how the fetch lands reduce diversity

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 pm

What is Bruno Mars?

classic, blame music for you sucking

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Also mike birbiglia was way funnier than I thought he was going to be
Contrary to your singular belief mike her igloo (I'm leaving that auto correct) is not a d list comedian. At least B.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:41 pm

You are allowed to spend money on things you enjoy; people worldwide do that sort of thing with all sorts of hobbies/interests.
You can't even use drugs a second time and people spend way more than a dark confidant foil on one go of those

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Where's Kijin when you need him? We could use a good rant about materialism.
When you make bank you will understand. I went out to buy $100 jeans this weekend because I could (and because some old pairs are turning into actual trash). There comes a point where you're looking at your cards and they're just... Better than your opponents? Like each of your plays are fiscally more valuable than theirs? It's a massive elitist shit train of thought but with the number of new and in entice ways nerds try to one up each other, showing that you just have won in a life way that this pile of foil cardboard means you somehow "made it" and can afford such meaningless luxury is another piece of hay in that haystack.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:50 pm

It's like when someone follows me around the forum trying to one up me verbally I don't get mad I just yell really loud but at the end of the day I know that if they have the time to do that that their life is tangibly and in every way worse than mine and actually that kind of rage hard on just makes me feel better about myself.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:51 pm

It's just another reason I'm the magical kanye west.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:54 pm

I also don't plan on opening a single pack of this new magic set it is so bad.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Whelming Wave about summarizes my feelings towards it

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:55 pm

you're magikarp kanye west
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:56 pm

be honest you can't afford your normal 6 cases because you bought $100 jeans

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:57 pm

how tight are those those jeans

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Tighter than your moms asshole

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:39 pm

be honest you can't afford your normal 6 cases because you bought $100 jeans
I can afford even more cases than I would normally purchase but no spending copious dollars on a 5-card set is not worth it.

iamabadman
Defender of GRR

Postby iamabadman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:39 pm

madding is part black you know.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 pm

I honestly cannot name those 5 cards off the top of my head but one is the white 3/1 which probably isn't even good but I guess UW is still a deck so maybe it is

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

madding is part black you know.
In your experience, you're claiming black women have looser assholes?

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 pm

I mean people were playing that 3/1 that gained flying so why wouldn't a 3/1 that has rules text on it that matters against not 0 matchups be fair game

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm

how tight are those those jeans
Good for my tiny dancers legs

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Flattering but not "skinny"

Return to “Blathering Archives”