Checkbox Mafia - Day 3 (Abandoned)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Void
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Void » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm not sold on Slowpoke being town.
I guess the scum had already decided to ban Kaze, so imopen could have just decided to claim as scum one of his fellow as well in order to justify your mental process.

In fact I'wouldn't even be surprised with YOU being scum and trying to brush him off.
Please tell me the logic you used to arrive at this possible conclusion? Because, the way I see it, Kaze was the victim of either a Vig or Mafia NK and and Stardust was the victim of a Tough Guy/Strongman ability. At a further possibility is that we have 3 killing roles during the Night meaning the likely shot Kaze, another killing role targeted Stardust along with the Mafia NK.

Vote:TubeHunter[/b:
27ufv440]

He might have done nothing last Night, but does not clear him as Town. I'm surprised so many are going away form him.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 pm

To be more clear: Iso defending Void like the latter couldn't not defend himself doesn't really rub me in the right way.
I still dont understand the post i quoted.
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 pm

To be more clear: Iso defending Void like the latter couldn't not defend himself doesn't really rub me in the right way.
I still dont understand the post i quoted.
Dude, trust me on the fact that if you were italian and trying to speak english it would have made sense. My bad.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 pm

I guess the scum had already decided to ban Kaze, so imopen could have just decided to claim as scum one of his fellow as well in order to justify your mental process.

In fact I'wouldn't even be surprised with YOU being scum and trying to brush him off.
Please tell me the logic you used to arrive at this possible conclusion? Because, the way I see it, Kaze was the victim of either a Vig or Mafia NK and and Stardust was the victim of a Tough Guy/Strongman ability. At a further possibility is that we have 3 killing
roles during the Night meaning the likely shot Kaze, another killing role targeted Stardust along with the Mafia NK.

Vote:TubeHunter

He might have done nothing last Night, but does not clear him as Town. I'm surprised so many are going away form him.
I SERIOUSLY hope scum doesn't have a triple kill ability, I just guessed that Kaze was standard-NKed and Stardust was set up in some other way, he may have been targeted by an insane doctor for example.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Count on TubeHunter?

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:56 am

2 votes?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 am

Are you calling me paranoid? :0
No, I'm saying that the Nanny role is called Paranoid in non-EpicMafia places.
Void is town. Pushing scrutiny his way is distracting at best and anti-town at worst.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Are you calling me paranoid? :0
No, I'm saying that the Nanny role is called Paranoid in non-EpicMafia places.
I didn't *actually* expect a Nanny role to really exist... :shrug:
Void is town. Pushing scrutiny his way is distracting at best and anti-town at worst.
Well then, maybe I'm just biased, let's stop thinking about him for a while.

Any news from W_G?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

I can poke him on Skype if you guys want.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Well, If I'm not mistaken he has yet to notice day 2 has started.
Also, has Scumbag died from boredom while reading through Day 1?

Slowpoke

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Very possible

Void

Postby Void » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 am

Please tell me the logic you used to arrive at this possible conclusion? Because, the
way I see it, Kaze was the victim of either a Vig or Mafia NK and and Stardust was the victim of a Tough Guy/Strongman ability. At a further possibility is that we have 3 killing roles during the Night meaning the likely shot Kaze, another killing role targeted Stardust along with the Mafia NK.

Vote:TubeHunter

I SERIOUSLY hope scum doesn't have a triple kill ability, I just guessed that Kaze was standard-NKed and Stardust was set up in some other way, he may have been targeted by an insane doctor for example.
I wasn't referring the Mafia team having 3 killing abilities... That would be overly unbalanced based on the in game information.

How did you conclude from my post that the Mafia has 3 killing abilities?

Other than leaving off the word "Vig" in the sentence I don't see how you can conclude the
Mafia team would have 3 killing abilities. Unless I am missing the sarcasm in your post...

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:20 am

Nope, this is just a misunderstanding: you asked me how I reached my previous conclusion (why I thought that Kaze was the target scum primarily intended to kill).

In fact, I think that your hypothesis might be correct, with a Vig targeting Kaze and the scum Strongmanning + NKing Stardust.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 am

Also: Unvote

Col. Khaddafi
Regular Scumbag

Postby Col. Khaddafi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 am

Guys, I've been having an unexpected surge in work, I expect my activity to get back to normal thrusday afternoon. Apologies for being long with my T/S list, its not forgotten.
Originally posted by Galspanic on MTGS
I would still like to see the posts sent over to ( N_S ) and have the Salvation Gutter archived away and replaced with a link to MTGC.
Thank you for all the lies. Another fine display of integrity by iridium :thumbsup:

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 am

Unvote: Void
Vote: Tubehunter

After reviewing day1 I feel comfortable with this.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:33 am

I think I like my vote here.

Vote Player: rezombad

My reasoning:

1. Wheat_Grinder's self-aware thing that he says is scummy.
2. He says to take note of my switching from imopen to Tubehunter while doing so himself.
3. "I'll hammer imopen. Just lynch tubehunter tomorrow." - This reads like chaining lynches. Also, he votes Slowpoke and Void in his opening posts, while ignoring TubeHunter.
4. imopen2 (6): Slowpoke, Iso, Wheatums,rednihilist, Rezombad, Kaze (L-1). He was the fifth vote on imopen2, and I think rednihilist is town. Kazekirimaru flipped town.
Iso (4): rezombad, Stardust, Slowpoke, Kazekirimaru. I think that one scum is in this wagon. Stardust, Slowpoke, and Kazekirimaru are town (probably for Slowpoke's part) and rezombad is the last guy there.
I have some time to actually address this now before I go get food. So I'll go point-by-point, hopefully this clears things up.

1. Someone else saying I'm scum, doesn't make me scum.
2. I explained why I jumped to tubehunter. Your quick jump made me think you could be scum not wanting to lynch scum so you quickly moved off when the chance presented itself.
3. I was under the impression that I was going to be blown up. Having not been blown up I think tube is just a bitch and not necessarily scum.
4. Me being fifth on the wagon is not a tell and you know it.
5. It's a little early to POE.

I appreciate the effort, who is your next scummiest person? I'm going to do a read on Void after I grab a bite to eat.
1. I respect Wheat_Grinder and the case he put
on you yesterday.
2. Yeah; while I'm relieved that imopen2 flipped mafia, I thought that I would be pressured the next Day for having defended him and the classic scumbuddy excuse "While I think X and Y are scum, I'm going to lynch Y, the townie, rather than X, my buddy".
3. Can you show me the posts that give you a better view of TubeHunter?
4. But it is! Scum like to do a late hop on their scumbuddy's wagon, seeing the lynch as inevitable.
5. It's never too early to POE.

What are everyone's views on rezombad? I don't remember him doing anything townie.

I'm not sure on my next most scummiest person. (Admittedly, I have also not had much time to play Mafia. Hopefully that can change)

I think TubeHunter is town because the mafia usually have two "goons" and one "support" role, with the "support" role being a roleblocker or role cop. With imopen2 having died, I would think the mafia use their support role action and the kill action.
Can scum have a watcher/tracker combo? (is a watcher/tracker combo even a thing?)
yes

I mean it's pretty obvious that Slowpoke and TubeHunter are the remaining scum so I'm down for either lynch toDay.
What makes you think that Slowpoke is scum when he claimed an investigative power role, with no counterclaim?
I am the ultimate authority on Void's metagame and playstyle. He is town.
Why?

(I wish there was a function to bring up everyone's posts, so I can play Mafia better when I find
the time for it)

Any news from W_G?
I would like him to return. He made posts yesterday that resonated with me.

Let's see if I can do things right now, while I have some free time.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:35 am

Oh, I can display posts by author.

This will be helpful.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:38 am

http://diestoremoval.com/search.php?t=1 ... r=rezombad

Feel free to use this link to try to make a case on me.

But I'm town.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:07 am

Captain_Murphy:

I see mostly just tunneling on Kazekirimaru and after the pressure on him dissipates he "settles" for an imopen2 lynch. I still don't like Captain_Murphy's last post, for reasons I stated earlier in Day 1.
@Captain Murphy:

- Your vociferous opinions against the nameclaim make me wary, still. You say that it's a waste of time because scum will just claim some name and hope it passes, but an experienced player such as yourself should know that there is a chance that scum could claim a name a townie
has and get tripped up that way. You argument that "a game this flavored would have safeclaims" is invalid. Especially when the risk for town is so low and the risk for scum is so great.
- At 142 you state "rvs was over at that point." You're saying RVS ends at the same time for everyone? Why do you think that's the case?
It was a waste of time that early in the game, I only ever like mass claims and gaming the mod from a few hundred proper posts. On top of that, creating flavor that can break a game open is generally bad and its a high possibility that they have falseclaims.

Its called random voting stage, once you get to the point that there is a non random vote, the stage is over.

@Cursed my question is probably too vague, but I was asking who 3 people you thought were scum. I have been reading your posts! That T/S list basically answers my question though.

Iso, cursed, wheat and tube are town. Kaze has started looking more town to
me, mainly because he isn't posting so many love hearts anymore and actually providing posts with good info.

Slowpoke isn't scum, I think its just checkbox fucking up and being a mafia noob

imopen is our day one lynch, his responses are overreactions, deflections and just nonsense. I'm happy to vote him but I need a vote count please

This game is gonna be slow.
The bolded also might be relevant now that imopen2 has flipped scum.

Col. Khaddafi has not provided much in the way of content so far, but now I'll settle with a Leaning Scum until Khaddafi posts. :)

I'm reading imopen2's posts and not getting much from them, which is worrying for my reading comprehension. I just skim his posts and they don't do much for me. I might do an interaction chart later.

Here's something.

I threw void and tubehunter in there so you guys could analyze people's reactions after I was dead. unfortunately, only about 5 people seem to care about this game. at least we know stardust is town :thumbsup:

actual list looks more like:

iso, stardust, rezombad - town

tubehunter, slowpoke - scum

kaze - still leaning scum but I think he is just town that can't stop tunneling me in every game we've been in together (he probably feels the same way about me re: tunneling since I think I have attempted to case him in all of my games)

void needs to post more

wheat seems like he hasn't put much thought into this game

captain needs to post more. hopefully he is alive

the rest: null
I think imopen2 put a buddy in his town list. So we'll see what holds
of rezombad's alignment.

I still think Iso is town for his strong stance against imopen2.

I read RedNihilist's posts and I don't see anything that detracts from my old read on him.

Also rezombad I found my second scum suspect and that person is Col. Khaddafi. Still not unvoting you, though.

TOWN
Cursed_Pride

LEANING TOWN
Slowpoke - claimed investigative role
RedNihilist - Haven't found anything scummy from him
TubeHunter - tracked, no result
Iso - Strong stance against imopen2

NEUTRAL
Wheat_Grinder - I haven't had a read on him.
Void - same

LEANING SCUM
Captain_Murphy - I do not like his last post
Rezombad - reasoning stated

SCUM
imopen2

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:43 am

why did you put a dead person on your list?
Also sounds very noncommittal.
Also I really love this quote:
"But it is! Scum like to do a late hop on their scumbuddy's wagon, seeing the lynch as inevitable."
So, there has to be a lynch every day in order to end the game and progress the game. Tell me if any of these are wrong:
Scum will vote early on a scumbuddy's wagon in order to get towncred.
Scum stay off a scumbuddy's wagon not wanting to lynch a scumbuddy.
Scum will stay off a wagon so they don't lose towncred for a mislynch.

So CP..
obviously scum know that people are looking for scum to come on the wagon at certain positions, so they'll want to avoid those positions. In order to get a lynch, someone has to have voted fifth and if scum don't vote fifth then the person that voted fifth is town. Obviously scum know this so they will naturally want to vote into the fifth position because they know
only town vote fifth because that is a scummy vote. But town knows that scum want to appear as towny as possible so they will assume the person that's fifth is scum. Knowing this, the scum would never vote in the fifth position and naturally the fifth person on the wagon would be town. But if the person in the fifth position is always town than the scum will want to vote there because no scum would ever vote there.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:59 am

"But it is! Scum like to do a late hop on their scumbuddy's wagon, seeing the lynch as inevitable."
So, there has to be a lynch every day in order to end the game and progress the game. Tell me if any of these are wrong:

So CP..
obviously scum know that people are looking for scum to come on the wagon at certain positions, so they'll want to avoid those positions. In order to get a lynch, someone has to have voted fifth and if
scum don't vote fifth then the person that voted fifth is town. Obviously scum know this so they will naturally want to vote into the fifth position because they know only town vote fifth because that is a scummy vote. But town knows that scum want to appear as towny as possible so they will assume the person that's fifth is scum. Knowing this, the scum would never vote in the fifth position and naturally the fifth person on the wagon would be town. But if the person in the fifth position is always town than the scum will want to vote there because no scum would ever vote there.
If you think I'm noncommittal, vote me.

Also, don't sell a WIFOMproduct to me. :D

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 am

So CP..
obviously scum know that people are looking
for scum to come on the wagon at certain positions, so they'll want to avoid those positions. In order to get a lynch, someone has to have voted fifth and if scum don't vote fifth then the person that voted fifth is town. Obviously scum know this so they will naturally want to vote into the fifth position because they know only town vote fifth because that is a scummy vote. But town knows that scum want to appear as towny as possible so they will assume the person that's fifth is scum. Knowing this, the scum would never vote in the fifth position and naturally the fifth person on the wagon would be town. But if the person in the fifth position is always town than the scum will want to vote there because no scum would ever vote there.
If you think I'm noncommittal, vote me.

Also, don't sell a WIFOMproduct to me.
Have some reading comprehension. I wasn't creating WIFOM. I was saying: "your argument is invalid because it's WIFOM, here's why." and your response is... "that's WIFOM"

I don't think you're scum right now, I think you're misguided.

have a bouncebreak.

Cursed_Pride

Postby Cursed_Pride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:27 am

Okay.

What do you think about Captain_Murphy?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Another day without Scumbag and Wheatums.
/yawn

Rezombad: are you trying to breadcrumb really hard or do you just like to make this thread NSFW?

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Another day without Scumbag and Wheatums.
/yawn

Rezombad: are you trying to breadcrumb really hard or do you just like to make this thread NSFW?
What could I possibly be breadcrumbing?

I will put any further bouncebreaks in spoiler tags so your boss doesn't fire you for browsing magical card forums at work.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't know, maybe some flavor.
"You're JohnHolmes666, porn dealer" or so.

I didn't want to sound that aggressive, though, yet I was wondering what were you trying to do.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Can someone prod Wheat on Sally for me?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:33 pm

I'll do it.

EDIT: Done.
Last edited by Stardust on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
҉

Void

Postby Void » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Done.

Wheat_Grinder
Newcomer

Postby Wheat_Grinder » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:20 am

We got two options.

One: I am replaced.

Two: I don't post until mid to late December.

I have no time for this game until then and apologize.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:35 am

We got two options.

I have no time for this game until then and apologize.
I'll just replace you

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:02 am

I don't know, maybe some flavor.
"You're JohnHolmes666, porn dealer" or so.

I didn't want to sound that aggressive, though, yet I was wondering what were you trying to do.
I dunno. Personally, I cant think of anyone who might post that kind of stuff frequently.

Yannaria
Tire Aficionado

Postby Yannaria » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:13 am

zemanjaski is replacing Wheat grinder

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:19 am

Hi checkboxes, ill read through tonight and catch up. In the meantime,

unvote
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
4 - Confident and funny zem
5 - Condescending jerk zem
6 - Self-aware zem
Everyone's a winner, we're making our fame,
Bona fide hustler making my name

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:42 am

Can scum have a watcher/tracker combo? (is a watcher/tracker combo even a thing?)
yes

I mean it's pretty obvious that Slowpoke and TubeHunter are the remaining scum so I'm down for either lynch toDay.
What makes you think that Slowpoke is scum when he claimed an investigative power role, with no counterclaim?
I come from a meta where it's insanely common for scum to falseclaim power
roles and skate by on those claims - I'm a master of them, myself. That said, you answered your own question earlier in this post - I think the scum has a Stalker instead of a Rolecop.
I am the ultimate authority on Void's metagame and playstyle. He is town.
Why?
Because I am Iso and I decree it to be so. :flame:

I'd really rather not have to go over all of Void's posts to explain why he's town. Can you just take my word for it? :/

[quote="rezombad » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 pm":
8zseegam]I'm town.[/quote]

Yeah, probably.

Maybe?

I don't remember. I think Wheat is scum or something. I can't remember what's happened in this game anymore. :cry: This is what happens when I play in 8 games and run 2!
Scum will stay off a wagon so they don't
lose towncred for a mislynch.

So CP..
obviously scum know that people are looking for scum to come on the wagon at certain positions, so they'll want to avoid those positions. In order to get a lynch, someone has to have voted fifth and if scum don't vote fifth then the person that voted fifth is town. Obviously scum know this so they will naturally want to vote into the fifth position because they know only town vote fifth because that is a scummy vote. But town knows that scum want to appear as towny as possible so they will assume the person that's fifth is scum. Knowing this, the scum would never vote in the fifth position and naturally the fifth person on the wagon would be town. But if the person in the fifth position is always town than the scum will want to vote there because no scum would ever vote there.
tl;dr: WIFOM

[quote="Wheat_Grinder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm&
quot;]We got two options.

I have no time for this game until then and apologize.[/quote]

:tears: :nobanana:
Hi checkboxes, ill read through tonight and catch up. In the meantime,

unvote
So...

You're a Checkbox? :isthatso:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Vote Tubehunter

For ultra scum play before imopen was killed off.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Hey Iso, sup?

Got a T/S list for me?
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Void

Postby Void » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey Iso, sup?

Got a T/S list for me?
He just posted his reads...

Slowpoke and Tubehunter are Scum.

Everyone else is Town.

This is how Iso works his reads.

inb4 I defended Iso. We have a game history of playing 15 or so games together. Iso can read me much better than I can read him, but I do know how Iso posts his reads. Iso will not move is vote from either unless a flip from them changes his read.

zemanjaski
Tire Aficionado

Postby zemanjaski » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 pm

That's fine I appreciate it. It's hard to get your head in the game reading it all in one go.

I'm willing to lynch Tubehunter; need to re-read Slowpoke and Rezombad. Everyone else feels town.
1 - Drunk, surly zem
2 - Nice, modest zem
3 - Bragpost zem
6 - Self-aware zem

Return to “Completed Games”