[SCD] Electrickery

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Yarpus
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

[SCD] Electrickery

Postby Yarpus » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 am

As I mentioned in Clan thread - is it a time for Electrickery? This little SB tech actually has lots of uses and deals with some difficult situations for us.

- Mono White: kills all their 1-CMC drops and Imposing Sovereign. It even kills Heliod tokens.
- Mono Blue: kills a lot of their creatures (Judge's Familiar, Vaporkin) and what also might be relevant, Master of Waves tokens.
- Mono Green: kills dorks and Voyaging Satyr. They often leave very aggresive hands that rely on Nykthos.
- UWx: kills Elspeth tokens.
- Rx: Young Pyromancer and his tokens, Rakdos Shred-Freak, 1-CMC drops if anyone leaves those.

While card on it's own doesn't seem to be very powerfull - it brings some kind of early-game disruption and control over your opponent even while your plan is
being aggresive deck as card is one-sided. Personally, I'd consider running 2 of these in Sideboard.

Tyrael
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Tyrael » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I think either this or Flames of the Firebrand will turn out to be excellent sideboard material depending on our meta.

If everyone starts running Mono Blue Devotion (I think a lot of people at my local FNM will now because Master of Waves went up 20 bucks in 2 days in the shop) then I think Electrickery will be our best bet for sure.

Either way, nice catch Yarpus. I will be making space for 2 of these in my SB.

Signature by NerdBoyWonder

Currently playing/testing:
:symub: :symw: Control :symub: :symw:

Return to “Archives”