Kaze's Newbie Mafia (Mafia Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Iso
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

I hope that I'm not wall-of-texting everyone to death, by the way. I can be notorious for one-liners and walls of quote arguments. I'm just trying to be thorough so that at the end of the game there are no people going 'wut'.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Why does it lean that way to you?
Primarily because I don't like his explanation. He said he made the comment because he thought your post was a jerky thing to do. You can say that about anything when you don't want to come up with a real reason, and the post itself felt like scum being defensive or thinking the tactic was unfair.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:24 pm

I think I want Stardust to post once more and I will be ready for us to end the Day.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:28 pm

I think I want Stardust to post once more and I will be ready for us to end the Day.
sounds good to me.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:11 pm

Well, technically speaking your question was "Care to guess why?", and I just don't think I'm going to just throw *guess* what you see as wrong in my post.
I'm more than open to discuss every sentence of said post, but I'd like you to crearly state what sounded so wrong in it, in your opinion.

I'd like to point out that I've got nothing to hide and I don't really think I've said anything wrong, I've just asked you to help me help you with all the explaining, so please refrain from being so cold towards my poor self.
But I guess that you might just be trying to put some pressure on myself rather than trying to actually discussing the point with me.[/
quote]

I'm disappointed you're not giving me a straight answer. I'll consider that a point against you.

One of my problems with the post in question is that it's a total fence-sit on Suga. It gives you the chance to either put your vote on him or back off completely. That gives scum an excuse to throw their vote around. While it's good to doubt your reads sometimes, it's also scummy to have no conviction whatsoever in them. Understand? Additionally:

"We do want our fellow townies to be dedicated people, don't we?"

The line "our fellow townies...don't we?" really stands out because it's like you're making it a point to say, "Guys, look, I'm including me as part of the town!" It doesn't strike me as natural phrasing and it's something I personally did in my first scum game ("we, the townies").

Why the defensive reaction?

I went of the defensive because, well, getting called out on something you don't really
understand is really not the best situation.
I felt like that asking me to guess what might have been dislikable in my post was a bit unfair, and I ended up asking myself if your call was actually motivated or if you were just try to put pressure on me.

Now:
a) I'm pretty sure that Suga is scum for the way he assaulted CheckBox with his voting; his late defense consisted of random one-liners saying "also, X il probably mafia" without any motivation, that sounds like attempts to just divert the attention on someone else;
b) the "our fellow townies" was, in fact intended to be quite a neutral remark, as one could have "fellow townies" while being a townie, scum, a cop, an alien or whatever... I see the point you're making, though.

In my experience, the only people who complain about whether or not a question is fair are mafia. :teach: I caught myself starting to
do it in a post once when I was scum after declaring that to be a scum identifier and then stopped myself before I posted. I'll be coming after you on Day 2.

Well, I have no experience whatsoever, so that's an easy win for you :V

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:50 pm

Vote Count 1.03

DroppinSuga: Checkbox, TubeHunter, RedNihilist
Checkbox: Iso, imopen2, DroppinSuga

Not voting: Stardust, Clownfish, rcwraspy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is October 11, 2013 12:00A.M. PST

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I admit, my RL state of mind has effected my game play here immensely and at this point, my grave is dug, but I implore all of my fellow town to study this wagon closely because it's going to be a great source of information for your day 2 scumhunting. I also beg of you to look into Iso since I'd say he's scum and he's using his experience as a way to look town. So please, if there's a cop, look into Iso tonight.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:50 am

I admit, my RL state of mind has effected my game play here immensely and at this point, my grave is dug, but I implore all of my fellow town to study this wagon closely because it's going to be a great source of information for your day 2 scumhunting. I also beg of you to look into Iso since I'd say he's scum and he's using his experience as a way to look town. So please, if there's a cop, look into Iso tonight.
could you maybe point out the things that you think are informative in the way your wagon occurred? why are you making us figure it out on our own once you are dead?
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:58 am

I believe Iso is the experienced player on the scum team and I wouldn't be surprised if Tube or Nihilist are also scum. I know that my erratic behavior in the beginning of the game gave Iso the perfect opportunity to grab a townie by the balls and use his experience and walls of text to get a sheeping by the noobs and an easy day one lynch of a townie. I don't even think Checkbox is scum at this point, he just annoys me in general so it seemed like a decent vote. I'd still like to see someone else vote him so he's forced to claim, but at this point, I know my wagon is set and either a scummer or an easily influenced noob will hammer me soon.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 am

I believe Iso is the experienced player on the scum team and I wouldn't be surprised if Tube or Nihilist are also scum. I know that my erratic behavior in the beginning of the game gave Iso the perfect opportunity to grab a townie by the balls and use his experience and walls of text to get a sheeping by the noobs and an easy day one lynch of a townie. I don't even think Checkbox is scum at this point, he just annoys me in general so it seemed like a decent vote. I'd still like to see someone else vote him so he's forced to claim, but at this point, I know my wagon is set and either a scummer or an easily influenced noob will hammer me soon.

If you don't mind, could you give a reason or two why i look a bit scummy to you?

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:13 am

It's based off my theory that Iso is scum. He would put one of his scum noobs on my wagon in the beginning since it makes it easier to defend since it can be seen as a noob jumping on the wagon for the sake of it (or sheeping). So if you use that theory, that would put either you (Tube) or RedNihilist as the noob Iso is using.

If you can't tell, I play this game a lot different than the other experienced players in the game. I use a lot more feeling and I also don't always like to explain my reasoning due to giving away too much info to the scum. I'm a noob on this site and I'm seeing that my playstyle is getting me in hot water, so maybe it's time I switch it up a bit.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:18 am

I do see where you are coming from. If you do turn up town I'll be pretty upset at myself. I'll take heed of your suggestions if you do flip town.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 am

Please walk me through which posts of mine indicate a scum mindset with scum motives (that don't consist of "trying to get [Suga] lynched"). Please indicate to me how you can sit there with a straight face, and say, "I /barn Iso's T/S list since I don't feel like providing my own, oh, but Stardust (Iso's #2 town
read) is scum, and so is Iso." TIA

Also, you have some accusations levied at you, so if you're going to do something as unproductive as mudslinging, I suggest you answer those first. ^_^
I believe Iso is the experienced player on the scum team and I wouldn't be surprised if Tube or Nihilist are also scum. I know that my erratic behavior in the beginning of the game gave Iso the perfect opportunity to grab a townie by the balls and use his experience and walls of text to get a sheeping by the noobs and an easy day one lynch of a townie. I don't even think Checkbox is scum at this point, he just annoys me in general so it seemed like a decent vote. I'd still like to see someone else vote him so he's forced to claim, but at this point, I know my wagon is
set and either a scummer or an easily influenced noob will hammer me soon.
First:

What erratic behavior did you display? All you did was coach the noobs and jump on the Checkbox wagon with no good reason.

Second, if you think I'm scum and Checkbox is town, why wouldn't I have just tried to get Checkbox lynch? I've bulldogged my way through harder lynches than Checkbox. Am I reading correctly that you are retroactively changing your reasoning for voting Checkbox?
It's based off my theory that Iso is scum. He would put one of his scum noobs on my wagon in the beginning since it makes it easier to defend since it can be seen as a noob jumping on the wagon for the sake of it (or sheeping). So if you use that theory, that would put either you (Tube) or RedNihilist as the noob Iso is using.

If you can't tell, I play
this game a lot different than the other experienced players in the game. I use a lot more feeling and I also don't always like to explain my reasoning due to giving away too much info to the scum. I'm a noob on this site and I'm seeing that my playstyle is getting me in hot water, so maybe it's time I switch it up a bit.
So, you are suggesting that the scum have Daytalk? That's a pretty far reach. What indicates this might be a possibility to you, aside from your conspiracy theory that I'm sending noobs after you? Also, this theory goes straight down the hole once you consider that they voted you before I even started putting serious pressure on you. :teach:

If you legitimately expect to get scum lynched, you certainly have to share your reasoning or no one's going to wagon with you for the hell of it (unless you have a cult of personality like I do in some games). You can let a few drips
out of the faucet if you're worried about overextending yourself (play a few cards close to your chest), but you can't expect to convince anyone unless you explain your reads. If you're actually town (though there's pretty much no way in hell you can be at this point), take heed of this advice. I use my gut all the time, too - but I do my best to expound on it when I can.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:51 am

Why does it lean that way to you?
Primarily because I don't like his explanation. He said he made the comment because he thought your post was a jerky thing to do. You can say that about anything when you don't want to come up with a real reason, and the post itself felt like scum being defensive or thinking the tactic was unfair.
What I said was I made the comment because I was unsure as to why he was doing what he was doing; it took me reading Stardust's explanation many times to actually understand what went down. Initially, I was confused, and it wasn't sitting right
with me (because it didn't seem within the spirit of the game), so I asked for some clarification. That's really all there was to the post. Still not sure why so many piggy-backed on that one, but whatevs.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Why do you still want Checkbox to claim?
He could be Suga's scumbuddy. :shrug:

Shouldn't we wait to see if Suga is actually scum first? What do we stand to gain from forcing Checkbox to claim before Suga's role is flipped?
Do you honestly think townSuga is probable at this point? :isthatso:
As I indicated in my list, I suspect Suga to be scum more than anyone else, and I find it likely enough that lynching him is a good idea. I intend to vote for Suga once everyone is content to let the day end. That said, I don't feel like this is close to a perfect read. Maybe that's my inexperience speaking, but I wouldn't at all be incredulous if Suga flipped town.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

You must not have very much faith in your Suga read, then. :stubborn:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:25 pm

I don't really see the purpose of faith when we will know for sure what role Suga has at the end of the day. It seems like decisions that could potentially aid mafia, like forcing Checkbox to claim, are better left off until we have more information. To use a magic analogy, you want to use your instant at end of the opponent's turn because you have more information about the game. That is, unless there is something to gain from playing it earlier, like the threat of the opponent untapping and being able to counter your instant. So I'll ask you again: is there a way the town
would benefit from making Checkbox roleclaim before Suga is lynched?

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:03 pm

I've been skimming on my phone over the weekend, but need to take some time to actually read every post. I'm too busy today to do so, but thanks for waiting. I'll make a big post tomorrow morning, likely ending with a vote on Suga unless there are some questions that I want answered before we move to night.

One thing quickly: Iso, I agree that Checkbox may be Suga's buddy. But unless we're going to lynch him today instead of Suga there is absolutely nothing to gain from him claiming. We do have something to lose though, on the off chance that he's a PR, giving the mafia more information over night (ie: a perfect target). So, I'll ask again, why do you want Checkbox to claim?
҉

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:09 pm

I don't think that checkbox would claim anywasys today, as he know we're not lynching him today. I say just wrap this all up and move to night phase

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't really see the purpose of faith when we will know for sure what role Suga has at the end of the day. It seems like decisions that could potentially aid mafia, like forcing Checkbox to claim, are better left off until we have more information. To use a magic analogy, you want to use your instant at end of the opponent's turn because you have more information about the game. That is, unless there is something
to gain from playing it earlier, like the threat of the opponent untapping and being able to counter your instant. So I'll ask you again: is there a way the town would benefit from making Checkbox roleclaim before Suga is lynched?
Could narrow down choices for a potential Tracker/Jailkeeper/Cop.

Same answer to Stardust's question.

And alright. Once Stardust makes his big post, I'll hammer Suga.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm

I hope there's a twilight, just so I can tell all you dumb fucks I told you so.

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 am

Well, like I said, if you flip town I won't be happy, but you did dig your own grave.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:42 am

Vote Count 1.04

DroppinSuga: Checkbox, TubeHunter, RedNihilist
Checkbox: Iso, imopen2, DroppinSuga

Not voting: Stardust, Clownfish, rcwraspy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is October 11, 2013 12:00A.M. PST

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:46 am

FINISH HIM!

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:54 am

Unvote
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:54 am

I hope there's a twilight, just so I can tell all you dumb fucks I told you so.
You mean just like you answered all of my questions, right? :uhh:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 am

I don't need to answer your questions. Why would I want to answer the Scums questions? :shrug:

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:27 am

Because it would give the town a leg to stand on in the case against Iso in the event that I am, in fact, scum.

Right back at you: Why don't you want to case alleged scum?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 am

I take the time to answer all your questions, and you still have everyone sheeping you. You give the word that my answers are BS and I'm still gone and I lose the 10 minutes of my life I took to answer your questions.

That's a lose/lose for me.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:10 am

If you flip town, don't you think that would put a dent in my credibility? :suckup:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:19 am

Suga, TBH, I'm not solidly convinced that Iso is town either (as I've stated before; it seems plausible to me that his gambit wasn't entirely town-motivated), but as they say, you dug your own grave on this one.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 am

i think the 10 mins is worth perhaps winning the game
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:55 am

all of this ^

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

So, I live in Italy and it's 2.15 AM here.
My day has been quite full as I work a full time job, then spend my evening playing FNM at two different stores - I sincerely couldn't post much more than what I did.

With that said, I'd also like to point out the fact that english is not my native language and I often end up reading the posts 2 or 3 times in order to be sure to get everything right, so please be patient with this poor newb.

Tomorrow I'll even put up an avatar in order to let you guys recognize my posts better :p

Now, speaking about Suga... I know he's been having a hard time and he's probably nervous and shit, yet the way he suddenly
stood up and tried to get Checkbox dead quickly is suspicious - on the other hand, he's keeping on sayin' that he doesn't care about the game or anything, so maybe we're even doing him a favour by lynching him.
We do want our fellow townies to be dedicated people, don't we?
1) Nice avatar. 8-bit theatre is pretty funny.
2) It's okay, we'll be patient. You don't have to post every day, so long as you post good stuff when you do.
3) Nice waffling. If Suga does flip town I'll be coming for you.
I'm sorry for the lack of content, but I don't know how to read into things the way you guys do quite yet and I've been on airplanes today.
rcwraspy feels too apologetic here. Town tend to do the best they can regardless of how much they suck. Scum tend to have a guilty conscience and
apologize to compensate for their "bad" reads or lack of content.
That said, I didn't like Stardust's post where he quoted 2 of Suga's posts and bolded parts (bottom of page 2). That seemed like splitting hairs. I've liked his other posts re: Suga, but that one struck me as odd.
*Rolls up a newspaper and baps you on the nose.*

I hope that's not you telling me that you suspect Stardust as Suga's scumbuddy. Can you clarify?
I simply meant that I didn't understand the distinction
he was trying to make. We're dissecting Suga's posts and at least most of us are leaning scum on Suga, but pointing to those 2 posts and calling them contradictory didn't seem like a strong indictment. Could it be busing? I suppose maybe, if I understand the concept, but I think you (Iso) and Stardust have both put yourselves in the "likely town" camp so far - at least through Day 1.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, but basically, if you think my entire case on Suga is wrapped up in one contradiction, you're wrong. You know you're wrong since you said yourself that you liked the rest of my posts on the matter. So why bring it up? I'll have to revisit this once we see Suga's flip, I think. Feels like a chainsaw*.

*Chainsaw defense is the act of cutting someone down to make their target look better. In this case, rcwraspy may be throwing suspicion at me in order to make my case on his scum buddy (Suga) look worse.

I don't like this post. Leading questions like Iso's giving you here are sometimes frowned upon (since they can cause townies to slip as well as scum), but the fact that you refuse to explain your mindset makes me feel like you have something to hide. You're clearly uncomfortable stepping outside your box, which is why you'd ask for perfect clarity ahead of time, but that comes from scum far more often than from town. Scum need a plan and a framework to work within, otherwise they run the risk of giving themselves away, whereas town are sure of one thing - their own innocence. Asking for something specific to defend against more often comes from scum for this reason.

You're not getting lynched today, so why are you so concerned with the votes on you? Being more concerned with what others think of you than with catching the bad guys is a scummy mindset. Five out of seven of your posts that I'm reading here are entirely self-focused. Even when you're talking about Iso later, you bring it back to make sure everyone understands that what you were doing was townie.

Why point this out? What if they get a guilty on Checkbox (for example) and just push his wagon to completion instead of coming forward?

Double quotes for Red, one with him being apologetic, one with him admitting to have intention in his
posting style. I'm liking Red less and less.

I'll do my best, boss! :link:

I actually kind of hope you wind up dead just so I don't have to think about you anymore. A dead Iso is a confirmed town Iso.

What a townie post... If this had come three pages earlier I might have doubted my read. Answer this: Why did you switch from thinking Checkbox was scum, to Red, to me, and finally to Iso? Is there any logic there at all? Do you realise that Iso didn't even start your wagon? It was me. All three of the votes on you were there before Iso even showed up.

Hmm, I guess there's not much hope of you answering these questions. My reads basically stayed the same, with Checkbox, rcw and Red being the main three potentials. Clownfish feels off at times, but I'm almost sure that's just his writing style.

Anyway, I'm happy with where we're at.

Vote:
DroppinSuga
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:34 pm

@Stardust: Part of it is trying to get a handle on what exactly happened at the beginning of the game because I'm a newbie, and partially because not much else has happened in this game other than Suga's downward spiral, so I didn't think there was any harm in asking questions and trying to get more information out of people.
whisper words of wisdom

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 pm

When I say "not much", I mean that Suga's lynch has been decided for quite a while, and not much else mattered as far as today's lynch.

Time to go reread a few times.
whisper words of wisdom

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Go back and quote a couple of your own posts. Tell me what information you were hoping to get and how that would have helped you determine someone's alignment. Because the questions I saw looked entirely self-serving.
҉

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Go back and quote a couple of your own posts. Tell me what information you were hoping to get and how that would have helped you determine someone's alignment. Because the questions I saw looked entirely self-serving.
Post 140:
Why do you still want Checkbox to claim?
Post 142:
I'm still nowhere close to claiming, as no one has given me any real reasoning as to why I should.

Suga voted me because RVS lol.

nYou (Iso) voted me because you thought I was attacking you with my second post, and it "rubbed you the wrong way". I've since explained what that second post was doing (aka an honest question because I didn't understand the implications of what you were doing, and it seemed against the spirit of the game), and you haven't pushed any harder on that since.

Imopen2 voted me either because you and him are scumbuddies together both trying to push my wagon over the cliff, or I rubbed him the wrong way as well. I have asked him to explain himself, and he hasn't answered yet.

So, to echo Stardust, why exactly do you want me to claim? :iism:
You said yourself somewhere later on that, because we all decided that Suga was the lynch today, the town had nothing to gain and lots to lose from my claiming. Hence, I was trying to figure out why Iso still wanted my claim at that point at no apparent gain to the town. I was already suspicious of his earlier actions (and am still not
convinced that they are entirely town-motivated), so this is trying to figure out Iso's alignment, as this is the second thing he's done that's raised a red flag for me.
So, Iso has explained his vote on me (yet he still keeps it there, despite the explanation). imopen2, what exactly did you find so scummy about asking a question in my second post? Did you not like my explanation of it? Why?
Here, I am trying to make sense of what exactly was so scummy about my asking the question in the beginning (trying to figure out of its just inexperience or there is actually some logic that I'm missing). Depending on the answer, it could give reads as to imopen2's true intentions, since he is so closely tied to Iso's early actions.
How will a claim give you any confirmation unless he is a PR?

What did you think of my first vote? It was essentially naked.
To be honest, I'm not sure. I have a hard time with games that aren't based off something where you can start to figure out alignments based on character. So to be honest, I feel like a noob in this game myself.

Checky's vote just bothered me since it was one of the first posts in the game and from a noob it seemed rather aggressive.
My only vote was THE first post in the game, and it was obviously RVS. Why does that bother you so much?[/quote:
ue3fegai]

Here I am trying to figure out why Suga voted me (and we all know where this led to - information about his alignment!)
Also, the "meta information" question rubbed me the wrong way, Checkbox. Now I'm going back and explaining why I want to vote Suga.
What about it rubbed you the wrong way?
Here we basically have the same story as above; I had to try a few times to get answers out of people.

Does that answer your inquiry, Stardust?
whisper words of wisdom

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm sorry for the lack of content, but I don't know how to read into things the way you guys do quite yet and I've been on airplanes today.
rcwraspy feels too apologetic here. Town tend to do the best they can regardless of how much they suck. Scum tend to have a guilty conscience and apologize to compensate for their "bad" reads or lack of content.
That said, I didn't like Stardust's post where he quoted 2 of Suga's posts and bolded parts (bottom of page 2). That seemed like splitting hairs. I've liked his other posts re: Suga, but that one struck me as odd.
*Rolls up a newspaper and baps you on the nose.*

I hope that's not you telling me that you suspect Stardust as Suga's scumbuddy. Can you clarify?
I simply meant that I didn't understand the distinction he was trying to make. We're dissecting Suga's posts and at least most of us are leaning scum on Suga, but pointing to those 2 posts and calling them contradictory didn't seem like a strong indictment. Could it be busing? I suppose maybe, if I understand the concept, but I think you (Iso) and Stardust
have both put yourselves in the "likely town" camp so far - at least through Day 1.
I'm not sure how to respond to this, but basically, if you think my entire case on Suga is wrapped up in one contradiction, you're wrong. You know you're wrong since you said yourself that you liked the rest of my posts on the matter. So why bring it up? I'll have to revisit this once we see Suga's flip, I think. Feels like a chainsaw*.

*Chainsaw defense is the act of cutting someone down to make their target look better. In this case, rcwraspy may be throwing suspicion at me in order to make my case on his scum buddy (Suga) look worse.
I'd like to address these things.

We all know this is a newbie game. I'm one of the newbies. I was also traveling when I did my posting on Friday, and didn't have very much time. The fact also remains that, as my first mafia game, I'm still not used to reading into every last word that someone says the way that Iso and Stardust
have demonstrated. Personality wise I tend to take things at face value and this is a shift for me. I started seeing walls of text and thought I had to do likewise, but knew I wasn't in a position to at the time. So I apologized. I don't feel guilty about it, I just wanted to inform people of my traveling. There was simply unfortunate timing between the start of the game and my itinerary.

Regarding the "chainsaw." I hadn't heard of that term before, but I don't agree with it anyway. I've stated multiple times that I'm on board with lynching Suga. So the argument that I'm defending him because he's my scum buddy doesn't make sense when I'm lynching him anyway. Let alone the fact that it's simply not true.

VOTE: DroppinSuga
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:53 pm

You stole my hammer. :(

@Stardust: Don't you worry about me. ;) I'll answer your question Day 2 since my iPod ate it and I don't feel like re-typing it.

Also, Checkbox is town.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Return to “Completed Games”