Kaze's Newbie Mafia (Mafia Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

imopen2
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby imopen2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:17 am

I don't have anything confirmed yet other than my own role, but if suga is scum then I think either checkbox or clownfish are probable scum-partners with him. If he is town then I would need to reevaluate everyone.
Why do you think that I might be Suga's scum partner?
Iso and Stardust are semi-confirmed town in my eyes, at least enough to get past day 1.

tubehunter seems to be town-motivated

rcwraspy hasn't posted much so he's null

rednihilist has also had minimal content but other than his recent comment about suga being nervous (
which doesn't make sense since suga has said he is an experienced player, although i know he is going through some real life shit), his head seems to be in the right place. i'm thinking null right now.

checkbox is still scum-leaning due to his second post and possible busing by suga.

then we have suga who is the subject of this hypothetical

and you. upon rereading your posts i have to restate my thoughts. you have been extremely inquisitive (which is kinda the point of this game so i don't fault you), but some of your questions have seemed like attempts to defend a possible scum-buddy in checkbox, not suga. i misremembered you defending suga when in fact it was only ever checkbox. you are still scum-leaning to me but i don't think suga's flip will tell sway me one way or the other on you. others of your posts have struck me as odd, like asking what the benefits of ending the day without a lynch are, or when there should be a mass claim. like i said, these are noob-type questions so i'm
not trying to lynch you for them, but they make me want to keep a closer eye on you.
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:58 am

Vote Count 1.02

DroppinSuga: Checkbox, TubeHunter, RedNihilist
Checkbox: Iso, imopen2, DroppinSuga

Not voting: Stardust, Clownfish, rcwraspy

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is October 11, 2013 12:00A.M. PST

Just a reminder, if you plan on being away for an extended period of time, please notify in thread or via PM to me that you'll be V/LA(Vacation/Limited Access) until such a date when you expect to return. Failure to do so will possibly result in you being prodded/replaced/modkilled in your absence. Thank you.

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:22 am

rcwraspy is V/LA until 9/29.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 am

As far as I can see I've only had one question addressed to me while I was away, so I'll respond to that and then give some general remarks:
I'm in one on-going game with Kaze (and on-going games are taboo to discuss for as long as they're on-going). Why do you ask?
It was an attempt to learn how likely it would be that you would know the color of the role PM's beforehand. To be completely honest, I'm somewhat suspicious of you. The method of placing yourself in someone's shoes that Stardust discussed does, however, make it seem more likely that you are town. Even if you are scum
yourself, this gambit did in my eyes pretty much confirm imopen2 as Town. That means that if you would be scum, you would be trading off one confirmed townie for being pretty much cleared of suspicion until far later stages of the game. It seems like a fair tradeoff. So the real question is, like Stardust suggested, how likely is the gambit to fail and how badly would your initial post reflect on you if it did?

Actually, after typing all that out and answering that question for myself, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to my intuition, it's more likely that you are town. I was probably just frustrated by what felt was a pretty patronizing series of posts by you, and allowed that to colour my judgement. Sorry :( I guess I'll still post these ruminations so that my reasoning is clear. Perhaps one of you experienced players can tell me/us something about whether that's wise.
Why would playing in a
game with Kaze where Kaze isn't the mod affect what color the role PMs are in a game where Kaze is the mod?
With that somewhat settled, holy wow did a lot happen while I was playing FNM. I have to agree that Suga's behavior seems pretty scummy, especially when it was all but decided that he would be lynched and he responded by more or less shrugging and going "fuck it". I'd think a townie should/would do anything in their power to turn their lynching into something that can benefit the survivors by analyzing their persecutor's posts to see who might be scum and calling out suspicious players. It seems like the best moment to post your reasoned indictments, as they gain tremendously in credence when your role is flipped.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
After reading the thread, then reading everyone's posts sequentially, my estimation of
everyone in order of likelihood to be town or scum is:
Town
imopen2
Iso
Stardust
TubeHunter
RedNihilist
rcwraspy
Checkbox
DroppinSuga
Scum
Can you state your reasons, since you opted to provide a list?
Now, speaking about Suga... I know he's been having a hard time and he's probably nervous and shit, yet the way he suddenly stood up and tried to get Checkbox dead quickly is suspicious - on the other hand, he's keeping on sayin' that he doesn't care about the game or anything, so maybe we're even doing him a favour by lynching him.
We do want our fellow townies to be dedicated people, don't we?
This part of your post bothers me. Care to guess why?
That said, I didn't like Stardust's post where he quoted 2 of Suga's posts and bolded parts (bottom of page 2). That seemed like splitting hairs. I've liked his other posts re: Suga, but that one struck me as odd.
*Rolls up a newspaper and baps you on the nose.*

I hope that's not you telling me that you suspect Stardust as Suga's scumbuddy. Can you clarify?
I forgot about this:
Have you read the setup information?
I did. Did you mean to say that with this setup, the information we gain by night is
limited? I figured that 2/6 setups have a cop. In an additional 2/6, there is a tracker. Both roles seem like they would offer quite a bit of nighttime information, though it is only available to the PR without exposing them to a mafia kill if they make it too obvious how they get their information. A jailkeeper can sometimes also randomly stumble upon a good bit of information on the first night. It seemed like this would make it likely enough that some information were to come out of the night other than just the mafia kill. However, things having progressed as they did, I'm pretty content about the current bandwagon. I see how a lynch decision can be well-informed even on day one.
The problem with the "2/6 setups have a Cop" argument is that 1/2 of those setups include a scum Roleblocker. That means that a sharp mafia team (provided Suga isn't the Roleblocker, and we do, in fact, have a Cop in this setup, which I have my doubts about) might be able to pick them up and take
them out pretty easily. Same with the Tracker - there's no guarantee the mafia won't hit them on Night 1, or that we'll get any especially useful results. Sure, a Jailer might be able to block the mafia kill, but we won't know if that's because there's a Bulletproof in the setup (if they step forward, which they shouldn't if they get hit toNight), the Jailer protected the kill target, or the Jailer blocked the mafia kill.

So sure, there are pieces of information that we can pick up from the Night actions, but short of an incriminating Cop result, behavioral analysis is our strongest weapon right now.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:50 am

Why the fuck do my quotes always break?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:01 am

i think you need quotes around the person's name?
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 am

i think you need quotes around the person's name?
Oh. Well that would certainly explain it!

Thanks. :D
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:25 am

That said, I didn't like Stardust's post where he quoted 2 of Suga's posts and bolded parts (bottom of page 2). That seemed like splitting hairs. I've liked his other posts re: Suga, but that one struck me as odd.
*Rolls up a newspaper and baps you on the nose.*

I hope that's not you telling me that you suspect Stardust as Suga's scumbuddy. Can you clarify?
I simply meant that I didn't understand the distinction he was trying to make. We're dissecting Suga's posts and at least most of us are leaning scum on Suga, but pointing to those 2 posts and calling them
contradictory didn't seem like a strong indictment. Could it be busing? I suppose maybe, if I understand the concept, but I think you (Iso) and Stardust have both put yourselves in the "likely town" camp so far - at least through Day 1.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:49 am

I liked you better when you were red-colorwed wizard.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:49 am

*colored

fak
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:28 pm

So, Iso has explained his vote on me (yet he still keeps it there, despite the explanation). imopen2, what exactly did you find so scummy about asking a question in my second post? Did you not like my explanation of it? Why?
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:35 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I just accidentally a huge response post I had typed up, clarifying my reasons for the list I posted and even fixing Iso's quote tags in the process. I'm going to see if I can type it up again.

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 pm

As far as I can see I've only had one question addressed to me while I was away, so I'll respond to that and then give some general remarks:
I'm in one on-going game with Kaze (and on-going games are taboo to discuss for as long as they're on-going). Why do you ask?
It was an attempt to learn how likely it would be that you would know the color of the role PM's beforehand. To be completely honest, I'm somewhat
suspicious of you. The method of placing yourself in someone's shoes that Stardust discussed does, however, make it seem more likely that you are town. Even if you are scum yourself, this gambit did in my eyes pretty much confirm imopen2 as Town. That means that if you would be scum, you would be trading off one confirmed townie for being pretty much cleared of suspicion until far later stages of the game. It seems like a fair tradeoff. So the real question is, like Stardust suggested, how likely is the gambit to fail and how badly would your initial post reflect on you if it did?

Actually, after typing all that out and answering that question for myself, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to my intuition, it's more likely that you are town. I was probably just frustrated by what felt was a pretty patronizing series of posts by you, and allowed that to colour my judgement. Sorry :( I guess I'll still post these
ruminations so that my reasoning is clear. Perhaps one of you experienced players can tell me/us something about whether that's wise.
Why would playing in a game with Kaze where Kaze isn't the mod affect what color the role PMs are in a game where Kaze is the mod?
I didn't specifically ask if Kaze was in the game as mod or player. I thought that it would be best not to make my angle obvious, since as scum you would be under no obligation to answer truthfully. However, since other games are taboo anyway, this question seems misplaced from the get-go.
After reading the thread, then reading everyone's posts sequentially, my estimation of everyone in order of likelihood to be town or scum is:
Town
imopen2
Iso
Stardust
nTubeHunter
RedNihilist
rcwraspy
Checkbox
DroppinSuga
Scum
Sure.
Town
imopen2: Pretty much (short of some mind-boggling next level ploy) confirmed as town by Iso's gambit.
Iso: See my reasoning in the quote above.
Stardust: Explained and defended the gambit. This could theoretically be scum-motivated, if he thinks the gambit would be universally accepted as valid; he, as an experienced player, would perhaps be considered suspicious if he didn't recognize this play as pro-town before us newbies. Seems less likely than being pro-town though. He had a well-reasoned read on Suga as scum, seems to be scumhunting (and doing it well).
TubeHunter: Seems to share my read on the two most likely town players. Was pretty much the first to get on the Suga bandwagon (I consider this a town tell for now).
RedNihilist: Early to
vote for Suga. Little content for the rest at the time I wrote this list up. Is this suspicious? (I'm looking at you, o experienced ones) Most recent posts make me slightly more suspicious, but I'm waiting to see how the discussion between him and Iso pans out. Null read.
rcwraspy: Pretty much same as above minus the vote for Suga. The recent post suggesting Stardust didn't indict Suga strongly enough doesn't seem like a strong tell either, though I disagree with that sentiment. Null read.
Checkbox: I find the line "Doing something that is pro town in a non-townie way seems scummy" suspicious. It might be an oversight though.
I'm not doing anything close to claiming until someone comes up with a real reason for the wagon.
I don't know why, but this sentence gives me the feeling Checkbox is not VT. I think it's the part "anything close". That could still go both ways, of course. I am leaning slightly towards scum.
DroppinSuga:
I can go into this if anyone wants, but the reasons why Suga seems scummy are IMO pretty clear at this point.
Scum
I forgot about this:
Have you read the setup information?
I did. Did you mean to say that with this setup, the information we gain by night is limited? I figured that 2/6 setups have a cop. In an additional 2/6, there is a tracker. Both roles seem like they would offer quite a bit of nighttime information, though it is only available to the PR
without exposing them to a mafia kill if they make it too obvious how they get their information. A jailkeeper can sometimes also randomly stumble upon a good bit of information on the first night. It seemed like this would make it likely enough that some information were to come out of the night other than just the mafia kill. However, things having progressed as they did, I'm pretty content about the current bandwagon. I see how a lynch decision can be well-informed even on day one.
The problem with the "2/6 setups have a Cop" argument is that 1/2 of those setups include a scum Roleblocker. That means that a sharp mafia team (provided Suga isn't the Roleblocker, and we do, in fact, have a Cop in this setup, which I have my doubts about) might be able to pick them up and take them out pretty easily. Same with the Tracker - there's no guarantee the mafia won't hit them on Night 1, or that we'll get any especially useful results. Sure, a Jailer might be able to block the
mafia kill, but we won't know if that's because there's a Bulletproof in the setup (if they step forward, which they shouldn't if they get hit toNight), the Jailer protected the kill target, or the Jailer blocked the mafia kill.

So sure, there are pieces of information that we can pick up from the Night actions, but short of an incriminating Cop result, behavioral analysis is our strongest weapon right now.
The experience from this thread so far has made me see that. We are in agreement.
I don't have anything confirmed yet other than my own role, but if suga is scum then I think either checkbox or clownfish are probable scum-partners with him. If he is town then I would need to reevaluate everyone.
Why do you think that I might be Suga's scum partner?
and you. upon rereading your posts i have to restate my thoughts. you have been extremely inquisitive (which is kinda the point of this game so i don't fault you), but some of your questions have seemed like attempts to defend a possible scum-buddy in checkbox, not suga. i misremembered you defending suga when in fact it was only ever checkbox. you are still scum-leaning to me but i don't think suga's flip will tell sway me one way or the other on you. others of your posts have struck me as odd, like asking what the benefits of ending the day without a lynch are, or when there should be a mass claim. like i said, these are noob-type questions so i'm not trying to lynch you for them,
but they make me want to keep a closer eye on you.
To clarify my initial couple of posts: I didn't specifically aim to defend Checkbox, I was just asking why Stardust would vote for him because I somewhat misunderstood his first post and didn't follow the logic at the time. I pointed out two reasons why his post could be seen as suspicious in the process of answering Iso's pop quiz. I don't see that as a defense. As for the other questions, before we lynch someone because "Well, we have to go with someone", I wanted to be clear that this is the correct line. As for mass claiming, I was looking at Matrix6 and was wondering if there was any potential setup in there that could be broken by mass claiming. From Iso and Stardust's responses, I gather that this is not the case.

One more general remark: Iso already said that some consider the gambit with the role PM's not in the spirit of the game, so I guess that goes doubly for my next suggestion. Though we now all know the
Town color in the PM's is green, only actual townies know the exact hexadecimal code of the specific green color Kaze used. We probably don't want to use this because it kind of defeats the purpose of the game, but I'm throwing it out there for everyone to consider.

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Addendum to my above post: For clarity's sake, I am leaning town on Stardust and TubeHunter.

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:27 pm

One more general remark: Iso already said that some consider the gambit with the role PM's not in the spirit of the game...
This was basically my entire issue with it; keep in mind, I called it a "shady" thing to do (mainly for lack of a better term, which you have come up with).
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:01 pm

Alright, now that we have a lot more posts by the other guys, do you think we should lynch suga now?

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm in one on-going game with Kaze (and on-going games are taboo to discuss for as long as they're on-going). Why do you ask?[/quote:
iud6vkww]It was an attempt to learn how likely it would be that you would know the color of the role PM's beforehand. To be completely honest, I'm somewhat suspicious of you. The method of placing yourself in someone's shoes that Stardust discussed does, however, make it seem more likely that you are town. Even if you are scum yourself, this gambit did in my eyes pretty much confirm imopen2 as Town. That means that if you would be scum, you would be trading off one confirmed townie for being pretty much cleared of suspicion until far later stages of the game. It seems like a fair tradeoff. So the real question is, like Stardust suggested, how likely is the gambit to fail and how badly would your initial post reflect on you if it did?

Actually, after typing all that out and answering that question for myself, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to my intuition, it's more likely that you are town. I was probably just frustrated by what felt was a pretty patronizing series of posts by you, and
allowed that to colour my judgement. Sorry :( I guess I'll still post these ruminations so that my reasoning is clear. Perhaps one of you experienced players can tell me/us something about whether that's wise.
Why would playing in a game with Kaze where Kaze isn't the mod affect what color the role PMs are in a game where Kaze is the mod?
I didn't specifically ask if Kaze was in the game as mod or player. I thought that it would be best not to make my angle obvious, since as scum you would be under no obligation to answer truthfully. However, since other games are taboo anyway, this question seems misplaced from the get-go.
No no, it's just on-going games. :) But fair, I guess.
After reading the thread, then reading everyone's posts sequentially, my estimation of everyone in order of likelihood to be town or scum is:
Town
imopen2
Iso
Stardust
TubeHunter
RedNihilist
rcwraspy
Checkbox
DroppinSuga
Scum
Sure.
Town
imopen2: Pretty much (short of some mind-boggling next level ploy) confirmed as town by Iso's gambit.
Iso: See my reasoning in the quote above.
Stardust: Explained and defended the gambit. This could theoretically be scum-motivated, if he thinks the gambit would be universally accepted as valid; he, as an experienced player, would perhaps be considered suspicious if he didn't recognize this play as pro-town
before us newbies. Seems less likely than being pro-town though. He had a well-reasoned read on Suga as scum, seems to be scumhunting (and doing it well).
TubeHunter: Seems to share my read on the two most likely town players. Was pretty much the first to get on the Suga bandwagon (I consider this a town tell for now).
RedNihilist: Early to vote for Suga. Little content for the rest at the time I wrote this list up. Is this suspicious? (I'm looking at you, o experienced ones) Most recent posts make me slightly more suspicious, but I'm waiting to see how the discussion between him and Iso pans out. Null read.
rcwraspy: Pretty much same as above minus the vote for Suga. The recent post suggesting Stardust didn't indict Suga strongly enough doesn't seem like a strong tell either, though I disagree with that sentiment. Null read.
Checkbox: I find the line "Doing something that is pro town in a non-townie way seems scummy" suspicious. It might be an oversight though.
I'm not doing anything close to claiming until someone comes up with a real reason for the wagon.
I don't know why, but this sentence gives me the feeling Checkbox is not VT. I think it's the part "anything close". That could still go both ways, of course. I am leaning slightly towards scum.
DroppinSuga: I can go into this if anyone wants, but the reasons why Suga seems scummy are IMO pretty clear at this point.
Scum
Thanks. A few questions: What makes you think Stardust is scumhunting well? What's suspicious about Red's content? Why would his lack of content, as a newbie, be suspicious to you?
One more general remark: Iso already said that some consider the gambit with the role PM's not in the spirit of the game, so I guess that goes doubly for my next suggestion. Though we now all know the Town color in the PM's is green, only actual townies know the exact
hexadecimal code of the specific green color Kaze used. We probably don't want to use this because it kind of defeats the purpose of the game, but I'm throwing it out there for everyone to consider.
I am not in favor of this.
Alright, now that we have a lot more posts by the other guys, do you think we should lynch suga now?
Are you asking me?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Why do you still want Checkbox to claim?
҉

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:19 pm

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm still nowhere close to claiming, as no one has given me any real reasoning as to why I should.

Suga voted me because RVS lol.

You (Iso) voted me because you thought I was attacking you with my second post, and it "rubbed you the wrong way". I've since explained what that second post was doing (aka an honest question because I didn't understand the implications of what you were doing, and it seemed against the spirit of the game), and you haven't pushed any harder on that since.

Imopen2 voted me either because you and him are scumbuddies together both trying to push my wagon over the cliff, or I rubbed him the wrong way as well. I have asked him to explain himself, and he hasn't answered yet.

So, to echo Stardust, why exactly do you want me to claim? :iism:
whisper words of wisdom

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:52 pm

:iiam:

:fixed:
whisper words of wisdom

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 pm

whisper words of wisdom

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:55 pm

I as talking to stardust as he is the one saying that we should wait for claims and post by the others. I was thinking that now that people have do those things we could just move on with lynching him. Although I don't know if the town needs more information before night, it's still my first game so I'm not sure yet

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks. A few questions: What makes you think Stardust is scumhunting well?
Once DroppinSuga made his first somewhat suspicious post Stardust immediately called him out. He kept asking Suga to elucidate parts of his posts that seem scummy. It seems like a good method not to look to that confirm your suspicion, but instead look to see how it might be disproved. The fact that Suga didn't respond coherently or at all to some of Stardust's questions is a big part of why I feel comfortable about the Suga bandwagon.
What's suspicious about Red's content?
Not a lot, but he seemed to suggest at some point that there might be a situation in which lynching a townie is acceptable. As I said though, I'm waiting to see how the whole conversation between you pans out.
Why would his lack of content, as a newbie, be suspicious to you?
Specifically? It isn't. I can think of a rationale for both town and scum to keep a low profile. I was asking you, as more experienced players, to weigh in on the question whether lurking is more likely among scum or town.

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:26 pm

The best part is that ole Dusty is more than likely a scummer.

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The best part is that ole Dusty is more than likely a scummer.
How so?

Kazekirimaru
Tire Aficionado

Postby Kazekirimaru » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:32 am

One more general remark: Iso already said that some consider the gambit with the role PM's not in the spirit of the game, so I guess that goes doubly for my next suggestion. Though we now all know the Town color in the PM's is green, only actual townies know the exact hexadecimal code of the specific green color Kaze used. We probably don't want to use this because it kind of defeats the purpose of the game, but I'm throwing it out there for everyone to consider.
Kay, let me just interject here. Iso's gambit was fine. Proposing identification of hexadecimal codes, however, is breaking the game and is pretty close to quoting role PM. Further discussion in this manner will result in disintegration, kthx.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:02 am

He could be Suga's scumbuddy. :shrug:

Well, technically speaking your question was "Care to guess why?", and I just don't think I'm going to just throw *guess* what you see as wrong in my post.
I'm more than open to discuss every sentence of said post, but I'd like you to crearly state what sounded so wrong in it, in your opinion.

I'd like to point out that I've got nothing to hide and I don't really think I've said anything wrong, I've just asked you to help me help you with all the explaining, so please refrain from being so cold towards my poor self.
But I guess that you might just be trying to put some pressure on myself rather than trying to actually discussing the point with me.

I'm disappointed you're not giving me a straight answer. I'll consider that a point against you.

One
of my problems with the post in question is that it's a total fence-sit on Suga. It gives you the chance to either put your vote on him or back off completely. That gives scum an excuse to throw their vote around. While it's good to doubt your reads sometimes, it's also scummy to have no conviction whatsoever in them. Understand? Additionally:

"We do want our fellow townies to be dedicated people, don't we?"

The line "our fellow townies...don't we?" really stands out because it's like you're making it a point to say, "Guys, look, I'm including me as part of the town!" It doesn't strike me as natural phrasing and it's something I personally did in my first scum game ("we, the townies").

Why the defensive reaction?

Show me where?

I think
lurking is indicative of playstyle and how busy you are OoG. If you have a meta of lurking as scum and not as town, then sure, it's likely you're scum. But if not, I wouldn't be too concerned about it until later in the game.

Based on?

Also, funny that this contradicts your /barn of my T/S list.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

TubeHunter
Tire Aficionado

Postby TubeHunter » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:29 am

You'll find that doesn't actually answer my question. Try again. :)[/
quote]

Well, technically speaking your question was "Care to guess why?", and I just don't think I'm going to just throw *guess* what you see as wrong in my post.
I'm more than open to discuss every sentence of said post, but I'd like you to crearly state what sounded so wrong in it, in your opinion.

I'd like to point out that I've got nothing to hide and I don't really think I've said anything wrong, I've just asked you to help me help you with all the explaining, so please refrain from being so cold towards my poor self.
But I guess that you might just be trying to put some pressure on myself rather than trying to actually discussing the point with me.

I'm disappointed you're not giving me a straight answer. I'll consider that a point against you.

One of my problems with the post in question is that it's a total fence-sit on Suga. It gives you the chance to either put your vote on him or back off completely. That gives scum an excuse to throw
their vote around. While it's good to doubt your reads sometimes, it's also scummy to have no conviction whatsoever in them. Understand? Additionally:

The line "our fellow townies...don't we?" really stands out because it's like you're making it a point to say, "Guys, look, I'm including me as part of the town!" It doesn't strike me as natural phrasing and it's something I personally did in my first scum game ("we, the townies").

Yeah, that post struck me as odd too. quite a defensive reaction. I don't think that that it is obviously a scum read, but it isn't too town one either. I too would like an explanation as well.

My top two candidates to investigate day two are checkbox and Nihilist. Checkbox, while not seeming as scummy as suga day 1, can't be counted out as an early bus target from suga. Nihilist had that wierd
defensive reaction of not answering a question and such, and without more input from him, I would like to check him out more.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:01 am

Hmm.

In the event that we have a Cop or a Tracker, and they get a guilty/action result over Night, they should immediately come forward.

:nod:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:05 am

I tried to keep everything in a single post, but that's just too difficult.
So, I'll mass post.
[quote="[url=http://
diestoremoval.com/viewtopic.php?p=113221#p113221]
Now, speaking about Suga... I know he's been having a hard time and he's probably nervous and shit, yet the way he suddenly stood up and tried to get Checkbox dead quickly is suspicious - on the other hand, he's keeping on sayin' that he doesn't care about the game or anything, so maybe we're even doing him a favour by lynching him.
This part of your post bothers me. Care to guess why?
Well, I'm asking myself why you should be bothered from that and I find the fact quite interesting.
I don't mind explaining those sentences, but before that I'd like you to tell me why you found 'em so disturbing.
You'll find that doesn't actually
answer my question. Try again. :)

Don't overreact now...
I didn't want to sound angry or aggressive, I just wanted a more "proactive" talk.
If I did, please forgive me.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 am

You'll find that doesn't actually answer my question. Try again. :)[/
quote]

One of my problems with the post in question is that it's a total fence-sit on Suga. It gives you the chance to either put your vote on him or back off completely. That gives scum an excuse to throw
their vote around. While it's good to doubt your reads sometimes, it's also scummy to have no conviction whatsoever in them. Understand? Additionally:

I went of the defensive because, well, getting called out on something you don't really understand is really not the best situation.
I felt like that asking me to guess what might have been dislikable in my post was a bit unfair, and I ended up asking myself if your call was actually motivated or if you were just try to put pressure on me.

Now:
a) I'm pretty sure that Suga is scum for the way he assaulted
CheckBox with his voting; his late defense consisted of random one-liners saying "also, X il probably mafia" without any motivation, that sounds like attempts to just divert the attention on someone else;
b) the "our fellow townies" was, in fact intended to be quite a neutral remark, as one could have "fellow townies" while being a townie, scum, a cop, an alien or whatever... I see the point you're making, though.

Clownfish

Postby Clownfish » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 pm

He could be Suga's scumbuddy. :shrug:
:confused:
Shouldn't we wait to see if Suga is actually scum first? What do we stand to gain from forcing Checkbox to claim before Suga's role is flipped?
Not a lot, but he seemed to suggest at some point that there might be a situation in which lynching a townie is acceptable. As I said though, I'm waiting to see how the whole conversation between you pans out.
Show me where?
It's actually the same part that alarms you for a slightly different reason:
It seems like this suggests it would be okay to lynch Suga even if he were town, because he doesn't contribute to the town cause enough. While I understand the sentiment, I think if there's any good reason to believe Suga is town,
we shouldn't lynch him regardless. (Though I would definitely vote to lynch Suga at this point, because there is enough cause to believe that he is scum in my eyes)

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:51 pm

I'll guarantee that ole Boxxy is not my scum buddy because I'm not scum.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:13 pm

One of my problems with the
post in question is that it's a total fence-sit on Suga. It gives you the chance to either put your vote on him or back off completely. That gives scum an excuse to throw their vote around. While it's good to doubt your reads sometimes, it's also scummy to have no conviction whatsoever in them. Understand? Additionally:

I went of the defensive because, well, getting called out on something you don't really understand is really not the best situation.
I felt like that asking me to guess what might have been dislikable in my post was a bit unfair, and I ended
up asking myself if your call was actually motivated or if you were just try to put pressure on me.

Now:
a) I'm pretty sure that Suga is scum for the way he assaulted CheckBox with his voting; his late defense consisted of random one-liners saying "also, X il probably mafia" without any motivation, that sounds like attempts to just divert the attention on someone else;
b) the "our fellow townies" was, in fact intended to be quite a neutral remark, as one could have "fellow townies" while being a townie, scum, a cop, an alien or whatever... I see the point you're making, though.

In my experience, the only people who complain about whether or not a question is fair are mafia. :teach: I caught myself starting to do it in a post once when I was scum after declaring that to be a scum identifier and then stopped myself before I posted. I'll be coming after you on Day

Do you honestly think townSuga is
probable at this point? :isthatso:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTIONS AND CONTRADICTORY READS, PROFESSOR SUGA.

PLEASE IDENTIFY THE SCUM ON YOUR WAGON, WHY YOU BELIEVE THEY ARE SCUM, AND IF THERE ARE ANY SCUM NOT ON YOUR WAGON AND WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT.

INSTEAD OF /BARNING MY T/S LIST AND THEN CHANGING IT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PROVOCATION JUST BECAUSE IT SUITS YOU TO OMGUS SOMEONE.

:love2:

-

For the record, I don't actually expect Suga to do this, but I'm making a point to point this out to the newer players. Suga has completely withdrawn
and is continuing to contribute absolutely nothing to the game. His reads are self-contradictory, and he's not helping us find the scum that may or may not be responsible for his push. My theory is that he doesn't want to incriminate his scumbuddy, and as such, is not willing to give us any content to analyze upon his death. :teach:
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

rcwraspy
Tire Aficionado

Postby rcwraspy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm back. A lot of law school reading to do today, but I'll be posting on and off. Just caught up on the reading.

@ Iso. From what I can tell you've got some strong reads going. So far I understand where you're coming from on Suga and RedNihilist. Thanks for the explanation on contradictory posts with no backup regarding why - helpful to use along with Stardust's search by poster in a thread to hunt with.

@ TubeHunter. you're new here too, right? I like your insights so far as well.

I'm ready to lynch Suga whenever the rest of you are. From there, I'm going to want to hear more from RedNihilist, Checkbox, and Clownfish. I didn't understand Iso's first post for a bit either, so Checkbox's first post isn't completely incriminating from what I can tell, but it sure does lean in that direction.
Thanks to NerdBoyWonder for the amazing sig!
Son, I want you to know that no matter what happens between your mother and me, it's all your fault.

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Why does it lean that way to you?
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Also, rcw would be a fine lynch for Day 2, too. I will explain that on Day 2 if I am alive (I expect to be, because it would be a dick move for the scum to kill off the person teaching everyone) but if for some inexplicable reason I am found dead I expect Stardust to carry the torch.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Return to “Completed Games”