Heroic Boros

Threads from Standard formats since passed.

Moderators: Kaitscralt, zemanjaski, Christen

Gigex
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Heroic Boros

Postby Gigex » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Been working on this for the past couple weeks and would like to know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions to improve it.

[deck]4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Akroan Crusader
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Akroan Hoplite
4 Firefist Striker
3 Anax and Cymede

4 Martial Glory
4 Co-ordinated Assault
4 Boros Charm
3 Chained to the Rocks

2 Mutavault
4 Sacred Foundry
12 Mountain
4 Plains

Sideboard
[/deck]

So at first glance it looks kinda weak, barring Young pyromancer, alot of these cards aren't that powerful. But I think the synergy between them makes up for it. Young pyro and the crusader both allow for a decent amount of token production and are probably the two more important cards in the deck. The curve is very low so holding mana open for our combat tricks is relatively easy (and easy to bluff). Quite often the double strike mode on boros charm is neglected, but here, thanks to anax
and cymede, and akroan hoplite (and sometimes the denizen, altho far less likely) it can steal games out of nowhere. The inclusion of the hoplite and denizen really wants me to include Legion Loyalist. I like having the redundancy of having two cards that can give trample, and i think the loyalist CAN shine here, if only as a 2 of. But I'm unsure of what to remove. Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 am

I tried it out and I really wanted heroic to be a thing (I dominated gamesday with it), but combat tricks are just not competitive enough in constructed.

Gigex
Newcomer

Postby Gigex » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

yea, i did alot of testing this weekend, and quite often i found myself drawing the "wrong half of my deck", mulligans become deadly lol.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Heroic might be pretty good in eternal formats though. I get the feeling like the white double strike guy has some legs in Modern.

Return to “Archives”