The Boondocks Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

HowlingMad
Newcomer
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby HowlingMad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 pm

By insane cop I mean that she's town and a cop, but she gets the results backwards. If we lynch her under those circumstances, we get a town flip, and then we go after Spambolic, and we end up killing two townies. If we lynch McD's first and he's scum, we go after Nuwen. Even if she's insane cop then we only killed one townie and we get one scum, and if she was just lying we get two for one mafioso BBQ. If McD's is town, it means Iso is full of it and we hopefully can still vig him at night so he can't stop himself from getting lynched, and we again get one scum at the expense of a townie, and then we get our second scum, Spambolic.
I'm a bird, I'm a plane, I'm a choo-choo train!

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi,

You do not need to test-lynch a townie to conclude who the scum are. The scum have all already claimed scum. Proceed to lynching scum.
So high, so low, so many things to know.

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage [color=#BF0040:
21pp304n]BUY BUY BUY

LOW LOW LOW

MEGA MONDAY MONDO SAVINGS!!!!!
[/color]
IF YOU WERE JUST CATCHING UP, ISO AND SPAMBOLIC HAVE CLAIMED SCUM

FREE FREE FREE

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Aw, I should have previewed that.

vote Iso

HowlingMad
Newcomer

Postby HowlingMad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:12 pm

The way I see it, we have a 50/50 chance of hitting 1 scum, vs. hitting two. That's good EV in my book. And you need to explain to me how is it that we have two dead bodies if they tried to kill me and failed.

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:17 pm

By insane cop I mean that she's town and a cop, but she gets the results backwards. If we lynch her under those circumstances, we get a town flip, and then we go after Spambolic, and we end up killing two townies. If we lynch McD's first and he's scum, we go after Nuwen. Even if she's insane cop then we only killed one townie and we get one scum, and if she was just lying we get two for one mafioso BBQ. If McD's is town, it means Iso is full of it and we hopefully can still vig him at night so he can't stop himself from getting lynched, and we again get one scum at the expense of a townie, and then we get our second scum, Spambolic.
I see what you're saying...I'm a little worried about this but ill take your lead.

Unvote,
Vote LMD
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi,

You do not need to test-lynch a townie to conclude who the scum are. The scum have all already claimed scum. Proceed to lynching scum.
What the actual fuck are you going on about? Do you have some role that makes you repeat the same nonsense without even attempting to explain? Point me to were someone "claimed scum" in this game?

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 pm

LMD is not the lynch today that's stupid.

ISO has been caught BY lmd. he dies first

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:22 pm

By insane cop I mean that she's town and a cop, but she gets the results backwards. If we lynch her under those circumstances, we get a town flip, and then we go after Spambolic, and we end up killing two townies. If we lynch McD's first and he's scum, we go after Nuwen. Even if she's insane cop then we only killed one townie and we get one scum, and if she was just lying we get two for one mafioso BBQ. If McD's is town, it means Iso is full of it and we hopefully can still vig him at night so he can't stop himself from getting lynched, and we again get one scum at the expense of a townie, and then we
get our second scum, Spambolic.
I see what you're saying...I'm a little worried about this but ill take your lead.

Unvote, Vote LMD

HEY, LOOK AT THIS BLATANT THIRD SCUM BUDDY DROOLING AT THE PROSPECT OF LYNCHING A TOWN PLAYER.

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE MISSING A SET OF NIGHT INTERACTIONS, BUT I WILL SPECULATE THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH SCUM NOT CLAIMING AN ACTION THAT OCCURRED. YOU THINK SO? WE CAN DISCUSS IT IN THE POST-GAME!

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:24 pm

I think these people want calm, smartwen dialogue even if this game is elementary for us

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:29 pm

By insane cop I mean that she's town and a cop, but she gets the results backwards. If we lynch her under those circumstances, we get a town flip, and then we go after Spambolic, and we end up killing two townies. If we lynch McD's first and he's scum, we go after Nuwen. Even if she's insane cop then we only killed one townie and we get one scum, and if she was just lying we get two for one mafioso BBQ. If McD's is town, it means Iso is full of it
and we hopefully can still vig him at night so he can't stop himself from getting lynched, and we again get one scum at the expense of a townie, and then we get our second scum, Spambolic.

Unvote, Vote LMD

HEY, LOOK AT THIS BLATANT THIRD SCUM BUDDY DROOLING AT THE PROSPECT OF LYNCHING A TOWN PLAYER.

I DON'T KNOW WHY WE ARE MISSING A SET OF NIGHT INTERACTIONS, BUT I WILL SPECULATE THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH SCUM NOT CLAIMING AN ACTION THAT OCCURRED. YOU THINK SO? WE CAN DISCUSS IT IN THE POST-GAME!
You are not making yourself look very good. HM made a decent argument but I have no qualms lynching you and if I were a vig you would be my target.

Maybe try to actually answer the question I have asked multiple times? Who "claimed scum?" Where is this claim?

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm

The way I see it, we have a 50/50 chance of hitting 1 scum, vs. hitting two. That's good EV in my book. And you need to explain to me how is it that we have two dead bodies if they tried to kill me and failed.
I will turn off the capslock for this one.

If you want to think about this lynch by EV, consider the following:

We can forward the town's wincon today using the information already gathered. You don't need to durdle if you can put your opponent on a clock, right? Mafia is phase-sensitive too. This setup probably doesn't afford to lynch town instead of CAUGHT SCUM today.

We do not need to waste a test lynch to gather more information, because our information already has secured a scum. Effectively, you LOSE TIME to gain
something you DON'T NEED by lynching McDonald. The scum team are quick to echo your sentiments because it behooves them to lynch town today.

Here's a good quote that I think is relevant to our situation: "The town can be convinced to do things against their best interests all the time. You just have to convince them it's in their best interests to do so."

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Basically, the lynch options for today boil down to either of the guilty results: Iso/Spambolic.

HowlingMad
Newcomer

Postby HowlingMad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 pm

LMD is not the lynch today that's stupid.

ISO has been caught BY lmd. he dies first
And what makes you believe in LMD's claim and results so blindly? Nuwen's? And hers? Your gut?

Iso sounds pretty confident about his ability and "lynch LMD after" plan. If he is something awful like Mafia Governor Roleblocker or something, what is to stop him from preventing his own lynch and then we go to lynch Maccas anyway only to get the same results except we probably get a no-lynch today*?

@Nuwen: I still need an explanation as to why Stardust 2.0 couldn't be neighbors with you last night. I'm not convinced by your claim.

If we lynch Iso and he stops it, we get no info today*, and we could again end up with two blue bodies by morrow.
I'd rather secure a red one.

*I am assuming that if he stops a lynch during twilight, the sun won't just go up again, ya dig?

Link
Tire Aficionado

the

Postby Link » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 pm

the fact that the mod confirmed I was vanillized, and LMD CONFIRMS this and also knew who I visited before I claimed makes this really obvious.

nuwen is just really easy to read

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 pm

I think ISO is just bluffing tbh. and if he's not there's no way we can lu
ynch scum today so forcing his bluff is a better option

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 pm

If we lynch Iso and he stops it, we get no info today*, and we could again end up with two blue bodies by morrow. I'd rather secure a red one.

*I am assuming that if he stops a lynch during twilight, the sun won't just go up again, ya dig?
If he stops the lynch than we do get info,

Lets evaluate the possibillities of lynching him vs lynching me

Lynch Iso plan:
If Iso is a governor and chooses to use his power on himself, that means only one town dies due to a night action, and we move on to day 4 (wherein I am promptly lynch,
I would suppose)
If Iso is scum, we have one scum down, townie dies due to a NK, and we move on to day 4

Lynch Me
If I am who I say I am, I am lynched and a townie is NK'd (briniging the town to a LyLo day 4)
If I am scum, the town has one scum down, townie dies to a NK, and we move on to day 4.

Consider, the only scum that has died was due to a night action

In the best case for either scenario, we have the same result, in the worst case for iso, only one town is dead, in the worst case for me, two are dead and we are in lylo.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Alright this time for real, peace.

HowlingMad
Newcomer

Postby HowlingMad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 pm

And Kaze died of heart attack? How about the GR-Khaddafi double-kill? IDK. I guess I could be convinced of popping that Governor thingy, but I'd like to hear from other people first.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 pm

wrong account

HowlingMad
Newcomer

Postby HowlingMad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Shhh, you saw nothing.

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 pm

:rofl:

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:39 am

I kind of poured out some stuff here, please read it. If anything doesn't make sense, please let me know.

---

So Nuwen has said "I'm a cop, spam is guilty, LMD is innocent."

Spam has said "I'm a backup and now a JOAT (col. khadaffi). I tried to vig howlingmad but was blocked somehow. I can prove my ability tomorrow."

LMD has said "I'm a stalker; Iso targeted Fate and Fate targeted Rezombad."

Iso has said "I'm governor, I didn't target anyone last night."

Fate has said "I'm a redirector; I redirected onto Rezombad last night, but was vanillafied."

---

Not all of these things can be true. HM brought up the point that Nuwen could be insane, but I don't buy it.

If Nuwen is town and her reads are correct, spam is scum and LMD is town.

If LMD is town, Iso is not governor and therefore scum.

If Iso is governor, then LMD is lying and
therefore scum.

If LMD is scum then Nuwen is lying and is scum.

If Nuwen is scum and LMD is scum, then Fate is scum after claiming to be vanilla'd by Iso.

If this doesn't make sense let me know. But to me it follows.

We can prove this all by lynching Iso today. His early game protecting of kaze followed by kaze's flip makes me want to lynch him anyway.

When Iso flips scum, then we know that we can just get Spam tomorrow.

Ohshit, I forgot about Fate calling governor a scum role. If he is a scum governor then how did he target Fate last night? Fate says, "joat scum". If he is joat scum and has governor, then we won't learn anything concrete by lynching him today and we should go ahead and lynch Spam, let his flip guide us.

Unvote

Of course, this all plays into another quote from Fate, "HYPER GAMBIT FULL FAKECLAIMT EAM"

I think we can learn more from a LMD flip than a Spam flip. Spam flipping doesn't tell us enough about Iso, where
a LMD flip will tell us everything about Fate and Nuwen.

Vote Lord_McDonalds
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 am

Hi Rezombad

I see you've joined the "let's lynch a townie instead of scum" club too. Lord McDonald isn't a lynch candidate today. You might think he is, but he really isn't. You should pick from between Iso/Spambolic.

Do you understand that when a player has a guilty, the GUILTY PARTY is always the test lynch? The origin of the claim is a poor place to start PoEing. You don't NEED to flip McDonald to know he is town; doing so only confirms what is already known and offers scum additional outs to progress the game.

If you don't want to fuck with Iso, Spambolic is a perefectly fine lynch. You don't even have to make a choice, just flip a coin and everyone will be happy.

rezombad
Tire Aficionado

Postby rezombad » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:35 am

Do you understand that when a player has a guilty, the GUILTY PARTY is always the test lynch?

No. To me my arguments make sense and follow just fine.

---

Iso claiming governor on day one casts just as much doubt on LMD as your claim casts on spam, doesn't it?
You post on dtr? Cool? Honestly, I don't know who posts there and who doesn't.
I actually read that site quite a bit but its mostly because a lot of the people I used to interact with on MTGS are over there.
It should be a privilege to post here

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:10 am

no, because ISo isnt ROLE CONFIRMED governor, whereas LMD is ROLE CONFIRMED to be a Stalker because his results on me were accurate.

So I'm confirming LMD's claim

You can call us scum together, you can call him a scum stalker, but you CANT say that they are equal likely claims between him and ISO

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:14 am

I soft laimed cop to draw the kill which l thsn tried to red irect
YOU CLAIMED YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW YOUR ROLE WORKS. Dieplz
I drew your vanillize instead and you killed the MILLER who thought me and nuwen were town. care to explain how that makes sense in your fantasy world?
WIFOM!
A.d yea I know his resolutiln because when he pmd me saying i was now vanilla he confirmes my action happened
HOW CONVENIENT
@fate-not voting her and already said she was probtown earlier

also you being scum wouldn't surprise me

you killed the MILLER who thought me and nuwen were town.
You are just tossing out anything now.
:thumbsup:
What happens if Nuwen is telling the truth but is an insane cop? I'd like to propose the following plan, since attempting to lynch Iso will only use up his ability and not really confirm alignment:

1. Lynch Lord
McDondald's
2. If he flips Scum, whoever got Kaze takes care of Nuwen at night.
3. If he flips Town, ditto, but it's Iso's turn

We then work with the new info.

Vote Lord McDonald's
I'm fine with the plan about lynching LMD (obviously), but 2 things:

I think the unclaimed kill is a mafia Toughguy (are we going to finish the massclaim, btw?) and Nuwen isn't an Insane Cop but rather scum trying to force an endgame gambit-based mislynch. But yeah, I've no issue with getting lynched if LMD flips town (because I know he won't).
What happens if Nuwen is telling the truth but is an insane cop?
I'd like to propose the following plan, since attempting to lynch Iso will only use up his ability and not really confirm alignment:

1. Lynch Lord McDondald's
2. If he flips Scum, whoever got Kaze takes care of Nuwen at night.
3. If he flips Town, ditto, but it's Iso's turn

We then work with the new info.

Vote Lord McDonald's
I see what you are proposing (basically my plan in reverse) but if you are thinking nuwen could be an insane cop then LMD's flip doesn't tell us much because he COULD be an insane cop..or he could be a regular cop...how does LMD's flip confirm this one way or the other? Is insane cop always a scum role? I don't see any indication of that on mafiascum.

Also, your plan relies on a third party to clean up the mess. How do we know there isn't a serial killer who has no allegiance to us and will just kill whoever they think gives them the best chance to win?
See
above regarding the Toughguy. There's a slim-to-nil chance that we have a Vig, but I find that doubtful, given the JoAT's abilities. LMD's flip confirms whether or not he's a Stalker and actually saw me targeting Fate or is talking out of his ass. (Hint: It's the latter)

(And Nuwen's not a Cop.)
Aw, I should have previewed that.

vote Iso
Hi guys, why would a claimed Cop ever unvote a guilty with a Miller already dead?

TIA

Unvote, Vote LMD

HEY, LOOK AT
THIS BLATANT THIRD SCUM BUDDY DROOLING AT THE PROSPECT OF LYNCHING A TOWN PLAYER.

OH GEE MAYBE IT WAS YOUR TOUGHGUY PERFORMING A KILL
Basically, the lynch options for today boil down to either of the guilty results: Iso/Spambolic.
...or you/LMD. How convenient that you would leave that part out. ^_^
the fact that the mod confirmed I was vanillized, and LMD CONFIRMS
this and also knew who I visited before I claimed makes this really obvious.
...unless you're gambitting scum. :monocle: You can't seriously expect anyone to believe you're dumb enough to completely remove that as a possibility.

-

@zombad: "I think we can learn more from a LMD flip than a Spam flip. Spam flipping doesn't tell us enough about Iso, where a LMD flip will tell us everything about Fate and Nuwen."

Did you seriously just spend a post explaining why Fate or I had to be scum, and then vote someone else? :confused2:
Hi Rezombad

I see you've joined the "let's lynch a townie instead of scum"
club too. Lord McDonald isn't a lynch candidate today. You might think he is, but he really isn't. You should pick from between Iso/Spambolic.

Do you understand that when a player has a guilty, the GUILTY PARTY is always the test lynch? The origin of the claim is a poor place to start PoEing. You don't NEED to flip McDonald to know he is town; doing so only confirms what is already known and offers scum additional outs to progress the game.

If you don't want to fuck with Iso, Spambolic is a perefectly fine lynch. You don't even have to make a choice, just flip a coin and everyone will be happy.
Problem with this is that WE HAVE AN UNACCOUNTED KILL FLYING AROUND :crazy: Pardon me for not being eager to lynch town, more specifically, someone I know is town (myself).

-

@Fate: "You can call us scum together, you can call him a scum stalker, but you CANT say that they are equal
likely claims between him and ISO"

Well that seems to be where the lines are drawn, no? You guys are obviously scum together. :shrug: I don't know how I can make it any more obvious short of a lynch on one of you guys.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 am

Wait, I just realized - the extra kill can't be a Toughguy because Kaze was scum (unless they're running an "I killed my buddy" gambit like I did in CCMVII). I forgot that part because I thought he was town all game. :/

Hmm. This is weird, then.

I guess Occam's points to the game starting with 5 scum (one of whom is a Toughguy, who killed Kaze last Night as the start of the endgame gambit here) who were afraid of an SK because of Dusted's ability and wanted to kill a buddy for town credit blah blah endgame gambit. Otherwise, none of this makes any sense.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

DroppinSuga
Tire Aficionado

Postby DroppinSuga » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 am

unvote

place both votes on Lord McDonalds

After reading everything going on, I'm convinced this is the right way to go.

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 am

I claimed I THOUGHT my role worked like a busdriver

so yeah

when I fakeclaimed cop to DRAW THE KIL ONTO MYSELF thats what I thought my role did.

How the hell does that throw doubt on my claim? My train of thought has been internally consistent, and youre just grasping at air.

Gambiting scum should be out of the question. The way Nuwen/myself/LMD claimed should be obvious at that. If we were going for a POWER MISLYNCH FAKE GUILTY play, why the fuck wouldnt we focus more on our efforts and be less all over the place?

Why choose an elaborate track-resulst-fake guilty on the already claimed governor instead of someone else? in ADDITION to a fake guilty ont he supposed backup joat bullshit?

Occam's

goddamn

Razor.

Link
Tire Aficionado

Postby Link » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 am

unvote

suga dont fucking do this

SUGA

YOURE A GODDAMN DOUBLE VOTING SERIAL KILLER ARENT YOU

GOD FUCKING DAMNT

Iso
Tire Aficionado

Postby Iso » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 am

Unless the scum weren't confident in their ability to sweep the endgame, in which case, they wanted to try to end toDay. That would make sense, considering Nuwen's garbage play all game, Fate's overall lack of content, and LMD's push on the Yanni wagon.
who the fuck is kpaca?
Мы, темноте

imopen2
Tire Aficionado

Postby imopen2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:06 am

unvote

SUGA

GOD FUCKING DAMNT
this is the first thing you have said in a long while that made sense to me. suga as a double voting SK seems like a perfect explanation for his erratic wagon jumping this game. either way, i don't think he is priority #1 considering
everything else on the table

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:06 am

Unless the scum weren't confident in their ability to sweep the endgame, in which case, they wanted to try to end toDay. That would make sense, considering Nuwen's garbage play all game, Fate's overall lack of content, and LMD's push on the Yanni wagon.
LOL

Hey guys, Iso isn't even trying anymore, this guy is scum, has no discernable defense, and is resorting to literally making things up

I WAS VOTING FATE DAY 2

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 am

Do you understand that when a player has a guilty, the GUILTY PARTY is always the test lynch?

No. To me my arguments make sense and follow just fine.

---

Iso claiming governor on day one casts just as much doubt on LMD as your claim casts on spam, doesn't it?
Your arguments don't because your trying to justify a ridiculous, risky line of play with faulty logic, your line isn't high risk, high reward, it's high risk, low reward

Who the hell would think that makes sense?

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:13 am

unvote
vote Lord_McDonalds

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 am

unvote

SUGA

GOD FUCKING DAMNT
What an absurd theory. Leave it to scum to be so paranoid about an SK.

Nuwen

Postby Nuwen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:33 am

I am a cop with a guilty.

If we aren't lynching Iso, then the only option left to us is to lynch Spambolic NOT Lord McDonald.

Do you really want to be THAT GUY who doesn't lynch the cop's guilty and throws the game?

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 am

@nuwen, isn't the town in lylo tomorrow?

Second Harkius
Spam Yrself Clean

Postby Second Harkius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 am

We're in Twilight now since LMD has 7 votes on him.

Return to “Completed Games”