Welcome to the Limited Subform! [Read this first]

Subforum for the Limited environment

Moderator: imopen2

imopen2
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Welcome to the Limited Subform! [Read this first]

Postby imopen2 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello there and welcome to the Limited Subforum!

If you want to discuss Draft, Sealed, or other limited variants, you have come to the right place!

What is "Limited"?
"Limited" is a term used to describe a format in which players construct decks using booster packs plus any additional basic lands of their choice. The decks in Limited tournaments must be a minimum of forty cards. All unused cards function as the sideboard. In contrast to "Constructed" tournaments, the player is not restricted to exchange cards on a one-for-one basis when sideboarding, so long as the player adheres to the forty card minimum. Additionally, the rule that a player may use only four copies of any given card does not apply.

The two most common forms of Limited

Sealed Deck tournaments give
each player six 15-card booster packs from which to build his or her deck.

Booster Draft is usually played with eight players. The players are seated around a table and each player is given three booster packs. Each player opens a pack, selects a card from it, and passes the remaining cards to the next player. Each player then selects one of the remaining cards from the pack he or she just received, and passes the remaining cards again. This continues until all of the cards are depleted. Players pass left for the first and third packs, and right for the second. Players then build decks out of any of the cards that they selected during the drafting. Talking, signaling, and showing cards is forbidden during the drafting process, except for double faced cards from the Innistrad block, which must be shown openly to other players.

What type of discussions should I start here?
Anything (within reason) relating to Limited strategy, formats, or analysis.

nAre there any rules?
Besides common courtesy and the forum rules, please follow these guidelines:
1. Keep discussion of brags, new variants, and current set strategy within the stickied topics.
2. Use cardtags so that everyone knows what cards you are referencing.
3. Remember that Limited is very subjective and your opinion is not more important than anyone else's. Be civil and provide reasons for your analysis.
4. Have fun! :dance:
Kijin Zabuza: My pokemon cards bring the boys to the yard
Kijin Zabuza: And they're like, "Oh **** he has cards"
TwinBGenerationX: damn right
TwinBGenerationX: I wanna trade cards I could trade you, BUT NOT MY CHARIZARD!

Return to “Tranquil Cove (Limited - Sealed and Draft)”