DotP2014 to have Scavenging Ooze Promo Foil

Post about Magic Rumors here!

Moderator: rezombad

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

DotP2014 to have Scavenging Ooze Promo Foil

Postby Thrillho » Mon May 13, 2013 7:58 pm

http://www.digitallydownloaded.net/2013 ... ls-of.html
Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers
In addition to Xbox LIVE® Arcade, Steam®, PlayStation® Network and iPad®, Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers will be available on Android™ tablet for the first time ever! With an easy-to-use tutorial, Magic 2014 is the best way for new players to learn how to play Magic, while also providing advanced game play modes and options to satisfy experienced players.

Magic 2014 builds on the success of previous games in the Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers franchise and adds several new features:

- Available for the first time on Android tablet
- Sealed Play which allows players to open booster packs and build decks to
play against the AI and other players
- Engaging storyline that gives players the opportunity to join the Planeswalker Chandra Nalaar in a quest for revenge through challenging gameplay
- New take on the popular Slivers creature type
- 10 Brand New Decks
- 15 New Encounters
- 10 New Puzzle Challenges
- Platform-specific promotions that will include 6-card Booster Decks featuring the following promo cards:
o Steam, iPad, Android tablet – Scavenging Ooze
o Xbox – Bonescythe Sliver
o PSN – Ogre Battledriver
- Special Edition Release including the base game and exciting mix of additional content (Steam only)
- Loyalty Offer for players who previously purchased Magic 2013 (Steam and Xbox only)

In addition, integration between Magic 2014 – Duels of the Planeswalkers and the Magic 2014 - Core Set will provide Magic 2014 players with a first look at more than 50 cards from the Magic 2014 – Core Set releasing later this summer. Five cards from
Magic 2014 – Duels of the Planeswalkers will also be appearing as foil face cards in the Magic 2014 Intro Packs including Liliana’s Reaver, Garruk’s Horde, Chandra’s Phoenix, Jace’s Mindseeker, and Ajani’s Chosen.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Oh hell yes! I can use my Angry Birds Chandra's Phoenixes in standard again!?

Bhikku
Tire Aficionado

Postby Bhikku » Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 pm

finally on android :D

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 pm

The promos for DotP2013 and earlier weren't foil, so I don't expect the promos for DotP2014 to be either. Scavenging Ooze as the iPad promo is pretty sweet though. I was a bit bummed when the iPad promo for DotP2013 was Serra Avatar, but this more than makes up for it.
Sig by NBW

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm

I thought earlier promos were the Titan cycle, which were very much foil as the Grave Titan DOTP promo I have is foil.

Kaitscralt
A frog among toads

Postby Kaitscralt » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 am

Put Ooze into Standard and Modern.
Standard hobos who play budget garbage should be looked upon with suspicion.

Alex
Not Even MAD

Postby Alex » Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 am

I thought earlier promos were the Titan cycle, which were very much foil as the Grave Titan DOTP promo I have is foil.
Yeah, they were foil. It was Grave Titan, Frost Titan and Inferno Titan if I recall.

Edit: Yep, found em.

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue May 14, 2013 4:53 am

Wait, so is this somehow telling us that Ooze is going to be in M14? I don't follow DotP.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 am

Wait, so is this somehow telling us that Ooze is going to be in M14? I don't follow DotP.
Given it's a promo, and it's a card that has never been in a ACTUAL set before, everyone thinks it is likely to be in M14

Checkbox
Tryhard of the Year 2012

Postby Checkbox » Tue May 14, 2013 6:19 am

Hey Thrillho, the most recent DoTP promos were Serra Avatar, Vampire Nocturnus, and Primordial Hydra. And they also came in mini-packs. And they were not foil.
whisper words of wisdom
let it be known that my official decree as administrator of this site is that the grimmace's dick is 16" long.
it's not cheating if you hand her the jizz afterwards
Get the hairbrush out of your ear and put it in your ass where it belongs, then try again

Platypus
Tire Aficionado

Postby Platypus » Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 am

Yeah, they were foil. It was Grave Titan, Frost Titan and Inferno Titan if I recall.

Edit: Yep, found em.
Ok, so I was wrong about the earlier ones. But DotP2013 promos weren't at least.
Sig by NBW

Pendulum
Tire Aficionado

Postby Pendulum » Tue May 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Given it's a promo, and it's a card that has never been in a ACTUAL set before, everyone thinks it is likely to be in M14
Oh, well. In that case, I retract my earlier celebratory statement regarding my ability to play Chandra's Phoenix in Standard again.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

you will likely be able to seeing as all of the promos from previous DOTP releases were in the corresponding core set. it was pretty funny reading the thread announcing this on other forums saying that this dooms tarmogoyf in modern and all of this other doomsaying when modern has the best graveyard removal printed in magic except for ooze, including an omnipresent deathrite shaman that actually does something, and yet none of this has killed tarmogoyf in modern, nor has ooze killed goyf in legacy. IDGI

edit: i just looked up the newer promos. it's probable we won't see them foil, but i guess that's up to wizards since we have foil and non. how did you redeem your promos last time around, btw?

Tom Servo
Tire Aficionado

Postby Tom Servo » Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Blasphemer
Eric, Ren and Jensen were activists
Heads loaded with theory, their hearts are filled with passion
Shared the same left wing politics
Liked the same music, they were part of the protest movement
Now, Anna presented herself as a feminist
Studied the way they talked and dressed
Fashioned herself an anarchist
Eric fell in love with Anna at the meeting of the crime think conference
He didn't know it but Anna was an FBI informant

Jack
Tire Aficionado

Postby Jack » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

edit: i just looked up the newer promos. it's probable we won't see them foil, but i guess that's up to wizards since we have foil and non. how did you redeem your promos last time around, btw?
You print out a paper with a code on it and take it to a participating store, which should have gotten a stack of DOtP promos just like they get FNM promos.
Sig by NBW.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sun May 19, 2013 4:26 am

I do NOT like the idea of this card in modern. And I play g/w hatebears, which would love this card.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 am

why. the format is already ripe with deathrite shaman, which does more than this. this is effectively "just another dude" in the format. it's a good dude, but just a dude none the less.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Just another dude that hoses graveyard comboes in the maindeck? I don't think DRS comes close to the graveyard hate this guy brings. Goyfs become useless, as do most of the surviving combo decks.

Thrillho
A clever, smart boy

Postby Thrillho » Sun May 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Yes, because Goyf is useless in Legacy, as are combo decks that utilize the graveyard, all because of Scavenging Ooze.

Deathrite Shaman is Jace the Mind Sculptor to Scavenging Ooze's Tarmogoyf -- broken versus one very solid dude who is still just a dude.

Sasky
Tire Aficionado

Postby Sasky » Mon May 20, 2013 3:17 am

Modern is a much slower format than Legacy. Goyfs grow more slowly, which gives Ooze time to eat the graveyard. Combo decks in modern also go off more slowly, again giving Ooze more time to do work. All this in a maindeck card.

Return to “News and Rumors”