LEGO Movie Mafia - Game Over - Town Win

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi DK, tell us something '-'
Hi Red.

search.php?author_id=464&t=2853&sr=posts
search.php?author_id=468&t=2853&sr=posts

How about YOU tell us something?
Fuck you and the green you ramped in on. - My EDH battle cry. If I had one.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Nothing is happening, where is MoJo? The catapult gambit (or real plan) hasn't been fruitful without him here to actually use it to pressure people.
Unvote
Vote MoJo

Shoot somebody. Anybody.
Please no.
Hi Red.

:monocle:

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Red.

Are you mad at me?

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Red.

Are you mad at me?
I would just like to remind anyone and everyone who still, for some god-forsaken reason, thinks DK might be scum, of exactly how pissed off DK was at the end of yesterday when he thought you were going to mislynch him, instead of GR.

Either he's got my vote for the next Oscars, or this man's townie. There is no way those two were on the same team.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Still reading everyone who's actually posting as town, with the exception of Ham.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:59 pm

So that leaves me, LMD, rez and MoJo as your scum suspects?

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi Red.

Are you mad at me?
I would just like to remind anyone and everyone who still, for some god-forsaken reason, thinks DK might be scum, of exactly how pissed off DK was at the end of yesterday when he thought you were going to mislynch him, instead of GR.

Either he's got my vote for the next Oscars, or this man's townie. There is no way those two were on the same team.
Disdain is easily faked.
Self voting is a no-no to me.
Simulating a self-hammering just to buy town-cred is over the top, but can you really rule it out?

Remember that - other than barning you at every occasion, he REALLY loves to increase his towncred.
Hey. What about me?

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:00 pm

The mobile interface isn't very friendly when it comes to posting and editing long quote blocks, so please forgive if this comes out garbled.

I said I would adjust my read of DK after rereading his self-hammer attempt. RN discussing it above prompted me to go do it and I found something odd.
.. When did GR unvote?

I mean, fine.

unvote
Here is DK's reaction after Stardust posts the vote count showing him at 4.

I went back and looked to see when G_R unvoted.

Here's the vote -
Unvote

Vote Dechs Kaison
[/
quote]

Here's the unvote -
Tell you what. You guys post something, do your thing. I have a plane to catch. In the mean time, try not to lynch someone with RSV votes on them while bloodthirstily encouraging others to hammer, mkay?

Oh, and Dechs, here's some more vote hopping for you to theorize:
Unvote Dechs Kaison
Vote Azrael
Unvote Azrael
Vote Dechs Kaison
Unvote Dechs Kaison
Vote Azrael
Unvote Azrael
Vote Dechs Kaison
Vote Azrael

Unvote all
The vote and unvote happened within 40 minutes of each other on Sep 4.

Dechs claims to have not seen GR's unvote on Sep 14.

But there was a vote count posted the page before showing him at 1 vote -
I'd say it's about time for a deadline...

Deadline is set for one week from the time of this post (plus 10 minutes), Sept 19 - 8 am CST, 2 pm GMT. Deadline Clock.

If a lynch has not been achieved before that time, no lynch will occur.

Votecount!

( G_R ) (2): Azrael, Dechs Kaison
imopen2 (2): Lord_Mcdonalds, hamfactorial
RedNihilist (2): imopen2, Mogadishu Jones
Dechs Kaison (1): rezombad

Not voting: RedNihilist, ( G_R )

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
And Dechs acknowledges that single vote on the same page -
I'm not flailing at a single
vote on me
or threatening to quit. I'm pissed that with all the objective evidence that's out there, the one thing people jump on me for is "claiming scum."

If you ask me straight up: "Are you scum?" I'm going to answer "yes" every time.

Every goddamn time.
(Added bold for emphasis)

Now, what's the scum motivation for a self-hammer?
I was going to be lynched as soon as Imopen logged on. What I did was narrow your suspect pool.
Here's his justification for the hammer. He mentions imopen intending to hammer as soon as he logged on. How does he know? Mafia chat perhaps?

He claims that narrowing our suspect pool was his intent, but a self-hammer only makes the pool bigger if you're town. Robbing us of imopen as a scum suspect if we're
hunting on the wagon is the net result.

Further, how does DK know that scum is on his wagon already, or that imopen isn't scum?

At the time, the wagon consisted of me, rezombad and LMD. 1/3 of the game's population and DK claims one or more is scum. That's awfully sharp scum hunting, why wouldn't he want to live?

:sherlock:

unvote, vote Dechs Kaison
fos imopen2

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Disdain is easily faked.
Self voting is a no-no to me.
Simulating a self-hammering just to buy town-cred is over the top, but can you really rule it out?

Remember that - other than barning you at every occasion, he REALLY loves to increase his towncred.
Hey. What about me?
Like I was just saying to imopen, it's easy to know in a theoretical sense what you should be doing as a scum. In that sense, disdain is "easy". But having the presence of mind, the creativity, to not only execute on that at the perfect time, but to also execute
on that in a convincing and emotionally authentic fashion, is a really, really rare line of play. For a townie, however, it's just an everyday and common response.

It means that Dechs was creative enough, strategic enough, calculating enough to come up with all those reactions, fake them flawlessly, and top it all off with a self-vote stunt.

That's a level of mastery that you seldom ever see, even in players who have been doing mafia for years. I'm 100% comfortable ruling that out from Dechs in favor of the far more likely alternative that he's just being himself.
The mobile interface isn't very friendly when it comes to posting and editing long quote blocks, so please forgive if this comes out garbled.

*snip*

I said I would adjust my read of DK after rereading his self-hammer attempt. RN discussing it above prompted
me to go do it and I found something odd.

Here's his justification for the hammer. He mentions imopen intending to hammer as soon as he logged on. How does he know? Mafia chat perhaps?
Srsly?

Or maybe just expected imopen to vote him based on things imopen has said ITT...
At the time, the wagon consisted of me, rezombad and LMD. 1/3 of the game's population and DK claims one or more is scum. That's awfully sharp scum hunting, why wouldn't he want to live?

:sherlock:

unvote, vote Dechs Kaison
fos imopen2
Weak as hell.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

So that leaves me, LMD, rez and MoJo as your scum suspects?
I'm going to need to write up that case, I think.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Go ahead dude, I've been waiting for you to put some real effort into my wagon.

Why are you willing to assign scum mastery to my actions but not DK's?

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Go ahead dude, I've been waiting for you to put some real effort into my wagon.

Why are you willing to assign scum mastery to my actions but not DK's?
Two different beasts.

DK looks like someone whose actions are identical to townie play, to the extent that it would require a masterful scum to duplicate what he's doing.

What you're doing is exhibiting seduction and persuasion techniques often employed by scum, and seldom seen in townies. You buddy up to people. You gently shove them in the direction you want them to go, with leading questions. You project confidence, and use reverse psych to your advantage. Arguably, it's not actually good scum play, b/c if someone's sharp enough and detail-oriented enough to notice you
doing it, the game's up. But it's a great way to lead unwary towns around by the nose, so it's a nice meta call potentially. It's fairly common playstyle in intelligent but not overly experienced scum.

A lot of the rest of your playstyle, such as the awful attacks on DK and I, are just pretty standard scummy play. Nothing townie-looking or advanced-scum looking about it.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:05 pm

To assert that my attack on DK is awful is foolish. I voted him originally because rez pointed out a scum tactic he employed in Gone Postal. Then I unvoted him because I believed his self-hammer was a town indicator, then re-read the whole thing and changed my mind with supporting reasoning and quotes.

If voting for someone is attacking, then :rofl: you got me bro!

If the best you can do is call my vote and reasoning "weak as hell" I will take that as strong support that I'm on the right track. If you manage to get me mislynched, I hope you will take it as a lesson in identifying your own tunneling tendencies. My role PM is all the proof I need to discredit you.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:08 pm

@DK:

When did you go from not trusting Az for being too good to trying to start a town voting bloc with you two?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Yeah, and my role PM is all the proof I need to discredit you.

We're scum hunting here. If you wanna help out, that'd be great. MoJo made a claim, I want it verified. Help me put pressure on him. If he shoots someone, I don't care who, it clears him as town. That's one town controlled kill and one more cleared townies. Good all around. If he can't shoot someone, I want to see him hang.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:12 pm

@DK:

When did you go from not trusting Az for being too good to trying to start a town voting bloc with you two?
Here:
Ok, so here's where I'm at with that unvote:

I'm suspicious of both Az and GR. Obviously I didn't like GR's vote on me because it's on me. I didn't want to jump on that because I could have just been taking it personally. Az points out the real problems with his vote and it is poor justification and more than a little bloodthirsty.

I've been over how I feel about Az. It looks like he had no idea how town roles were worded. That
bothers me, because if he's half the player they say he is, he shouldn't make that kind of mistake. Everything he says makes sense, but if he's half the player they say he is, of course it all would.

Then there's GR's claim that he didn't know I was a newbie. He was in the conversation; I did say I was new in two out of three posts. This looks like a huge slip and I think we should hang him for it.

But then, I feel the same about Az.

It's possible GR was only laughing at Az getting tips on how to play. It's possible that he didn't pay attention to my being new.

I don't want to jump from one slip to another on a gut feel.
That's your last freebie. You can read the thread next time.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:13 pm

:thumbsup:

Has MoJo even checked into the thread? If he refuses to shoot I'll vote for him.

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Yes he has, read the fucking thread.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Other than wanting imopen to full claim and disappearing, I mean.

Nobody gave you shit for not reading the thread and missing your own vote count. Why so angry?

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 pm

To assert that my attack on DK is awful is foolish. I voted him originally because rez pointed out a scum tactic he employed in Gone Postal. Then I unvoted him because I believed his self-hammer was a town indicator, then re-read the whole thing and changed my mind with supporting reasoning and quotes.

If voting for someone is attacking, then :rofl: you got me bro!

If the best you can do is call my vote and reasoning "weak as hell" I will take that as strong support that I'm on the right track. If you manage to get me mislynched, I hope you will take it as a lesson in identifying your own tunneling tendencies. My role PM is all the proof I need to
discredit you.
This post doesn't actually say *anything*.

There's nothing "foolish" about my saying your attack on DK was awful. I'm perfectly aware of why you voted DK. That's exactly why I think it's awful. I've already covered extensively why Rez's case based on Gone Postal was wildly invalid, and the way you barned it and have tried to come up with other reasons to undermine DK has been opportunistic, illogical, and overly aggressive.

Yes, voting for someone = attacking them. "Attacking" is not a pejorative term in mafia.

Last para is nothing but scare tactics and bluster. I don't know why you'd think my calling your vote and reasoning "weak as hell" should in any way influence whether you're "on the right track" or not.

It's like you're just trying to come up with more empty phrases to project confidence with, only this time, they don't even hang together with any kind of coherent thought process. There's no A --&
gt; B between those two ideas. It's just window dressing.

If you get mislynched, it'll be because you're the kind of person who naturally talks this way, regardless of alignment. If you've got some other games where you played a townie role, I can try to compare and see if this is just your meta.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:20 pm

It's clear that I have too much animosity to work with Az, he's tunneling me too badly to hunt elsewhere, and it's not helping us find any scum.

I'm going to set aside my beef with Az (by ignoring him) until MoJo shows up and this dayvig situation is resolved. I expect we'll learn more than watching two townies slap fight.

I won't even reply to his case on me, if he chooses to make one.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Ham. What games have you played where you were town.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:26 am

Anyone else?

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:31 am

I know that here he played town in Gone Postal. It also happened to be my first game.

Hey Ham, just keep in mind that the last time Az tunneled somebody, we hung scum.

I'm not voting you yet because I've got higher priority targets for now, but I'm certainly willing to. The way you've been acting has me increasingly on edge. It is far different from how you've acted in Gone Postal.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:52 am

In Gone Postal I called you a scummy bastard, you said it was untrue, then turned out to be a scummy bastard. That game in particular taught me that emotional reactions (Wraith trying to replace out when Iso called him names) aren't reliable town tells, so I'm not giving you as much credit for yours.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:54 am

In Gone Postal I called you a scummy bastard, you said it was untrue, then turned out to be a scummy bastard. That game in particular taught me that emotional reactions (Wraith trying to replace out when Iso called him names) aren't reliable town tells, so I'm not giving you as much credit for yours.
Emotional reactions are great information, they simply have to be interpreted correctly. Rage can come from both alignments, for different reasons.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 am

*reads Postal*

You're much nicer and more straightforward when you're an actual townie. You were very cooperative, team-oriented, and positive, even when you were coming under massive pressure early on. *shrugs* Either your interactions with me have completely changed your personality/style of communication, or your role PM did.

If ya got some other games, I'll read those too, but I'm liking our chances here more and more.

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:09 am

Oh yeah I'm playing this game
I think Lord McDonalds should speak up.

Vote: Lord McDonalds/b]

picks up mic

Hi

drops mic
-------
Az vs Ham: My read on both are roughly the same, I feel Az maybe tunneling a bit on Ham, but Ham hasn't really pinged me so I haven't put much thought into it

@Imopen: I guess Jones is going to do something (he
mentioned it anyway), my only question would be who do you suspect is scum ATM?

My only question would be who do you suspect is scum ATM?

And why.

Think it's still roughly the same as last time (imopen and Dechs), I haven't looked at the day 2 posts as much mind (still pawing through them a bit), but there is still little things about them that ping me

Mcdonalds
Tire Aficionado

Postby Mcdonalds » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:10 am

I missed like an entire page

I suck at this forum posting thing

Stardust
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Stardust » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Votecount!

Dechs Kaison (2): RedNihilist, hamfactorial
hamfactorial (1): Azrael
Mogadishu Jones (1): Dechs Kaison

Not voting: Lord_Mcdonalds, imopen2, Mogadishu Jones, rezombad

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

rezombad and Mogadishu Jones have been prodded.
҉

Dechs Kaison
Tire Aficionado

Postby Dechs Kaison » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:25 pm

We might be jumping to too much of a conclusion that there's only one scum left. I can think of one scenario in which there are two mafia guys left.

Let's say GR was actually telling the truth at the end, specifically that he was half a scum. If that's the case, then we actually have a scum team left to deal with.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:53 pm

We might be jumping to too much of a conclusion that there's only one scum left. I can think of one scenario in which there are two mafia guys left.

Let's say GR was actually telling the truth at the end, specifically that he was half a scum. If that's the case, then we actually have a scum team left to deal with.
Did you read his role PM? He was full-scum.

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Ham Case Selected Highlights, Commencing.
I'm ok with your method of scum hunting, carry on. You've never played a game with me, so asserting that I don't sound genuine is loose.

Why did you want me to pick two friends?
It's important to think about the reasons why someone would or would not make a post like this, because this is a pretty subtle tell, easy to gloss over if you're not careful.

At this point, I've stated that Ham is scum. Now, if Ham is town, he knows that I'm wrong about that.

In his post, he establishes that he's not very impressed with the tell. He doesn't view it as a genuine threat to him. He think it's loose. That's fine.

What makes this a problem is that after saying that it's loose, you hear a sense of relief in his tone. He's ok with my method of scum hunting. He wants to carry on,
with this method of scum hunting that he finds non-threatening, and loose. He's glad, if I continue to use a scum-hunting style that he considers ineffective.

In effect, the subtext of Ham's mindset in this post is, "Whew, thought you had something actually scary. Glad to see you're just spouting nonsense. Please continue using your bad scum-hunting techniques, buddy!"
I'm playful too, didn't you see the lulz? :V

Here, I'll put in some funny smilies so you know I'm a happy mafia player and nobody should suspect me, like you.

:unibrow: :love: :toot: :rofl:

Playful doesn't mean town, and dismissive doesn't mean scum.
Yay, how many Azrael points do I win? I hope I can cash them in for a prize later. I'm sure that you did the 3 scum thing on purpose, but from my POV I can't tell if that's scummy and stupid or a clever pro-town trick to see if I'll bite as noob scum.
For the record, I am indeed unafraid of your case and think it's baseless. But to point at me and say that I'm trying to appear confident and unafraid repeatedly is to lie, as I've only said once, to Dechs and not you, that I wasn't afraid.

Lying is anti-town. Why are you lying?
I'm annoyed
that you're focusing on me instead of actual scum, but please carry on if you think pressing on me will help. I think your play so far has been pro-town, even if your target acquisition skills are broken.
Check out these quotes. All of them occur in the same post. Nothing surprising, until you read them together and notice that at the very end, there's a glaring disconnect. In all of the initial quotes, ham is gearing up for a vote or indicating suspicion. He says I'm lying. He thinks I'm possibly trying to trick him, as scum. He thinks I'm trying to have people avoid suspecting me, by being playful and using emoticons.

But then, he follows that up with the completely inconsistent statement that he thinks my play so far has been pro-town, even if my target-acquisition skills are broken.

This is a huge and glaring failure to keep his townie mindset facade consistent. It comes about because he has two competing objectives here, as scum. 1) He wants to discredit my case. 2) He
wants to keep up his friendly, buddying facade, which he repeatedly uses to try to defuse the situation and prevent people from locking onto him.

Unfortunately for him, he carelessly tripped up badly in reconciling those two ideas, here.
Homie I don't know what powers the mafia have or don't have. Why don't you tell me more about the mafia? Do you know a lot about them?
His other posts towards me have the ex post facto thing going on, too. Have you played with him before? Does he do this by habit? Do you think it's a cover for scummy play?
I'm disturbed by it as well.

@Azrael - why does MoJo's speed build for offensive weapons equate a vigilante claim? What part of what Dechs said makes you think he claimed vig?
@Az - I'm not so excite, certainly not
trying to justify lynching you. I'm not even voting for you!

MoJo states that he's going to build a shotgun and use it on you, so that's great. It will help figure out his alignment and give me better reads when you flip.
Here's a second series of posts where Ham blatantly trips up, and messes up his story.

You see a consistent drumbeat of posts where Ham is attempting to make the most out of the so-called vigilante slip. The attacks themselves are pretty shaky too, like the point where he insinuates I somehow have inside knowledge of the mafia setup, when I'm describing a problem with his own case theory. He's very obviously gunning for a lynch or vig-kill, and encouraging others in the same direction.

Then I say this:

Azrael "Yeah, precisely. I'm saying your theory only works if the mafia DON'T have building powers, and aren't aware of them. I wouldn't care to presume that that's the case in order to justify killing someone off, but if you're SO EXCITE
that you want to just ignore that problem, I mean, feel free."

But when you get to the final post, he suddenly acts like he's been doing nothing of the sort. He goes all: 'I don't understand at all why you feel like I'm attacking you, Azrael' - complete bullshit.

Again, he's completely allergic to people not being on friendly terms with him, even when he's repeatedly, blatantly, trying to stick a shiv in their back. It's a very two-faced approach to interacting with the thread. He wants to kill you, badly - but hey, it's nothing to be alarmed or upset about. Just let it happen.
I'm enjoying the fireworks :munch: but I often like to look for "honestly" and "TBH" wording, as it often suggests a self-deception in progress.

You can look up something called performatives, which are phrases inserted before a lie, commonly used by
politicians.

I haven't caught any scum with this observation yet, but looking forward to it.
Ham brings up a link explaining exactly what's wrong with what GR is doing...but fails to actually do anything about it, until it's very clear that GR is going down. He waits, fails to follow up on his own scum tell, that he brought up himself. There's not even any indication in any of his next few posts that the tell he brought up has led him to be any more suspicious of GR than he was before.
Dechs playing up that newbie card, despite not leaning on it in our previous two games. Sup with that?
Why did DK feel the need to chime in when I was clearly asking for Az's interpretation of DK's wording? Perhaps he's running interference.
Az, I understand what you're doing. But why did you take time out from the MoJo/
Dechs pincer to address GR? It seems a low priority avenue to me.
Instead, he says things like this, trying to redirect attention away from GR, and onto another vulnerable target.
That's a wild role, damn! Stardust you've done it again.

-scratches chin thoughtfully-
GR's role sounds quite valuable. If I understand correctly, GR, you can jail someone tonight and you become a Miller, so investigations N1 or D2 return guilty. Tomorrow night you can doc, lose Miller, and any investigations N2 or D3 will return innocent.

Easy enough to verify if we have a cop.

What's your default status if you don't choose an action tonight?
This is Ham's reaction to GR's claim. Check THAT out.
I'm keeping my vote off you until CM gets replaced or comes back.
...and then there's this. So we
have Ham going from buying GR's claim hook line and sinker, to suddenly saying that he's "keeping his vote off you" until a later time. Why address that to GR, instead of the thread at large? It reads like Ham has a closer affinity to GR, the guy he's going to vote, than the people who are supposedly his teammates. It reads like he's telling his buddy that he's going to give him X amount of time to stall and try to wiggle free before bussing him.
He's certainly not doing anything to help find the scum.
Welcome back to the game, Red :thumbsup:
These posts are literally, back to back. The first post, he's encouraging me to bury an axe in the back of RN's head, instead of continuing to hound GR. The second post - he's got that two-faced, fake-friendly vibe
back on. Nevermind that he JUST suggested that RN is someone who ought to be looked at.
I'm OK with a DK lynch after rez brought the Gone Postal sarcasm hand-waive back up.

The Az/GR thing feels like town on town tunneling to me. If Az didn't rub me the wrong way, I would likely go along with his case, which is an uncomfortable position for me. I want to believe he's right, but I have a hard time trusting him. Plus I suspect that if GR is really who he says, scum will kill him tonight. I don't want to make it easier on them by lynching a townie PR claim on D1.

unvote; vote Dechs Kaison
This post is absolutely terrible. The first paragraph is just a long alibi, trying to explain why he didn't vote for GR, in the event that GR is eventually lynched, and trying yet again to suggest role-based reasons why we should ignore GR's behavior and let him live longer. This is the 2nd time that Ham tried to come up with role-based reasons
why GR should be allowed to live into the next night. Then, in the next paragraph, he completely barns Rez's faulty "gone postal sarcasm" case, to justify yet again trying to redirect attention away from GR, and onto the vulnerable DK.
LMD is being very honest with this post.
So he applys the "honestly" tell to LMD, but he won't apply it to GR? Nice double-standard here, and yet again, subtly trying to redirect the town away from GR.
That's ok, Az, I don't know whether you're scum either. Regarding the ego thing, it's mostly animus towards you.

I'm cool with you and rez (or anyone else) digging through and trying to identify a scum mindset in my posts.
That's fine, vote me if you think I'm scum. My gameplay tends to get better in the late game, D1 is always frustrating for me because of the
information gap. I'm basically just a bystander right now.

Don't tell me what the scum warning signs are, in case I'm scum and they're accurate tells.
Townies don't say stuff like this. They don't invite other players to launch attacks on them that they know are faulty. There's no reason to do it. Townies don't want bad attacks b/c it threatens to hurt the town, or at the very least, result in a big waste of time.

The only reason to say something like this, is because you know people are watching you, and you want to sound good, unconcerned. That kind of concern with keeping up appearances is exactly the type of mentality you can expect to see from scum.

----

Repeatedly, you can see breakdowns and inconsistencies in Ham's mindset. He can't keep his story straight, and so you see those weird disconnects where he says things in line with one position four times, and then goes completely against it in the next, for the sake of defusing suspicion against him. He
repeatedly tries to drive pressure away from GR, to stall to give GR more time and a chance to live until the next night (probably so that they could kill me off and silence me), and towards the next most vulnerable target, DK (who if you ask me, is a sure-fire townie).

Again, there's a LOT more I can dig up from his history if anyone wants to see it, this is only up through D1, but I'm guessing this is already more than enough to show how he's been repeatedly trying to manipulate the town, and drive us away from GR, while failing multiple times to keep his own story straight and self-consistent.

Confirm vote Hamfactorial.

RedNihilist
Tire Aficionado

Postby RedNihilist » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Ok, this case makes a lot of sense.

Unvote

I'm okay with voting ham, but before that I want to wait for MoJo to show up.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:02 pm

:toot: MoJo has been a great help

Azrael
Tire Aficionado

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:07 pm

If we get the requisite number of people on board, I want to extract a claim from Ham, then have Mojo (or his replacement) take him out.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:15 pm

Pile on, dudes. I want this to be quick so I can turn off email notifications for this thread.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

Is az done telling us all what to do yet?

Also if imopen roleclaims hell either be confirmed town or confirmed scum but whatever.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 am

I refuse to partake in Az's plan so help yourself to that.

hamfactorial
Tire Aficionado

Postby hamfactorial » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:57 am

Is az done telling us all what to do yet?

Also if imopen roleclaims hell either be confirmed town or confirmed scum but whatever.
:thumbsup:

DK likes to barn more experienced players, so it's not a surprise that he's buddying up here.

Interested in seeing what you have cooked up for/with imopen.

Return to “Completed Games”