[Basic Mafia Game #1] Adventure Time (Town Win)

Moderators: Stardust, Manders

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!
(View: POSTS_VIEWTOPIC /POSTS_VIEWTOPIC_INTO)

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:07 pm

unvote

vote:killjoy

His only post was on the first saying he would check-in later.
Vote Ximbad

I don't think it will get you off the hook, but I would like to hear your explanation for that vote.
OMG, every time I think I've got it decided it's The Guardian and either GR or Ximbad, the other posts.

Gah.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm cuter than you are! - :mh:

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Well lets take a look at the ximbad wagon:

imopen2's vote is an accidental quote issue
Ximbad seems really adept at throwing around votes testing the waters, then removing them

FOS Ximbad
Do you think scum would throw their vote around 2-3 pages into the game, considering they want to stay under the radar day 1? Especially someone like xim who understands the game of mafia? You basically voted him for voting a bunch of players around the time of RVS and somehow that makes him definite scum?
unvote

So, instead of asking for a prod we're going to vote for some guy that we know literal nothing about? And we're going to do so as part of a chain of vote/unvote because vote wherever just lynch someone? Not to mention that there is a healthy amount of other players that could use prods... I am not about to start saying that I don't want Yanni's head, but Ximbad just did a fantastic job of bringing himself to the forefront.

unvote: Yanni
vote: Ximbad
Ximbad votes a lurker with a
suspicious only and last post, at this point xims policy of lynching a suspicious lurker (That nobody else is voting mind you) is much better than the yanni wagon and now this horrible xim wagon I'm dissecting. Not to mention when the lurker comes back he cannot just /barn some other players and just join a wagon, xim is actively hunting and will get a response from kill joy when he comes back now.
unvote

Vote Ximbad

I don't think it will get you off the hook, but I would like to hear your
explanation for that vote.
Voting to apply pressure of an answer. I'm assuming GR is unsure of his alignment unlike phantom who seems to be 100% sure of xims alignment.

Basically 2 of the votes on the wagon aren't even a real "You are scum" votes and the other 2 are votes because someone is actively hunting and made votes during RVS.

Guardian is a better wagon at this point and if you cannot see it then this town is walking around lost.
CM on The Guardian. Motive for nightkilling, maybe? Maybe.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Lol at Captain Murphy. Just dismisses the wagon, and votes for me, despite not explaining why.

Ximbad was playing poorly, whether he understands the game or not. Also, you have been asked twice why you are voting for me, and have yet to explain why, aside from saying I "Mitt Romneyed" that wagon.
Why were you so concerned about one vote on you?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

From my post 206:
Top scum picks are Yanni, Ximbad, and Scumbag. Gut feeling says Phantom is town. I can't read kpaca, like always. Hopefully time will tell on him.
At least I was right on Yanni and likely PhantomS, amirite? :D

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Right, and you've never seen me say something like this before, have you? :rolleyes:
Don't flatter yourself. I hardly remember the specifics of games. I never remember you just blanketing soft claiming.
Oh, so I see I already asked Xander the earlier question and he already answered. I can't wait to see where this conversation went.
Right, and you've never seen me say something like this before, have you? :rolleyes:
Don't flatter yourself. I hardly remember the specifics of games. I never remember you just blanketing soft claiming.
Well, I have. So, what, are you going to make me out to be scum for it?
Hahaha, I'm such a bitch sometimes. Allow me to elaborate.

Most recently, I know I did similar in The Family Mafia 2 on Sally. I'm PRETTY sure you called me on it there, Xander.

Regardless of if I've done it before or not, how would this have made me scum, Xander?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Not necessarily true. In an open set-up, going no-lynch without realizing roles can help our investigative role get a free-night most of the time.

In this case your right, that no-lynch would be bad, but meh.

@Jones: Yanni hasn't changed since the beginning, why is it taking you this long to go after him?
LOL like it could be ignored Jones had been after Yanni.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Oh, that was CM pushing Yanni as dumb town, not Kpaca. He was against my Manders wagon.

Again, I feel bad now. I am taking notes now to try and prevent that from happening again.
This post seems insincere.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm

yeah but the quote you quoted saying "lol imopen2's vote was a quote fail" but you linked to Khaddaffi fosing Ximbad so I haven't seen this alleged voting quote fail
It's like you're not even trying Yanni. But it strikes me as if you're "not trying" on purpose.

Unvote Ximbad, vote Yanni

That said, I'm going out of the country tomorrow, for the rest of the week, and will be preparing for the trip today, so V/LA.
Finally gets on the Yanni wagon.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 pm

yeah but the quote you quoted saying "lol imopen2's vote was a quote fail" but you linked to Khaddaffi fosing Ximbad so I haven't seen this alleged voting quote fail
It's like you're not even trying Yanni. But it strikes me as if you're "not trying" on purpose.

That said, I'm going out of the country tomorrow, for the rest of the
week, and will be preparing for the trip today, so V/LA.
Finally gets on the Yanni wagon.
Also, for someone who's "careful with votes" it's pretty dangerous to vote someone so close to lynch when you're going to be gone for the rest of the week.

How can you justify this?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Quoting this so we have it since he's dead town. I haven't read it yet, though.
First off: Vote: Yanni.

I have lots of notes and reads, so this post is going to be long.

Capt. Murphy:
I don't like your attack on imopen2 early on, I think he was just being new and not knowing what was going on (looks like you should've stuck with your early Yanni vote). I like your accusations of PhantomS - "throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks" - although I don't necessarily think PhantomS is scum. He saw Yanni before Yanni was acting obviously scummy, perhaps because of skill/experience? At first, I didn't think Yanni was scum, but his breakdowns over the last two pages have given me confidence in that vote. Ill pay closer attention to kpaca and PhantomS in the future, as they were the first ones to pick up on this read.

But back to Capt. Murphy.

I don't know if I necessarily like the Guardian train, mostly because I had the opposite reaction to Ximbad as I did Yanni - in the beginning of the game, Ximbad was throwing around votes like hotcakes. Capt. Murphy's analysis of that particular wagon convinced me that Ximbad was just stuck in RVS mode for too long (though I do like his killjoy vote to prod a lurker, though it ended up being useless. But honestly, that was the first "real" move he made all game, there was no real reason to gang up on him).

Mogadishu Jones:
I don't know if I like voting Yanni because of his defending of RVS, but I'm new so what do I know? I guess maybe that was a good thing to read since he's so obviously acting scummy now, I'll have to keep that sort of thing in mind for the future.

imopen2:
Try not to act so obviously new (though I'm probably guilty of
the same thing). I think you should've responded to the criticism thrown your way early on, ignoring that didn't make you look good. Also, I agree with you about the kpaca and PhantomS tag team early on - at the time, it looked very scummy, though now I am of the opinion that they were both just correct about Yanni. I don't like how GR jumped on you for that (perhaps himself tagteaming with Yanni??), then jumped right off claiming "he forgot you were new".

Ximbad:
Why were you stuck in RVS for so long? I don't like your playstyle (assuming that was intentional), and would like to see some actual content from you, since you don't have me convinced you're town or scum yet.

Col. Khaddafi:
You also haven't really done much this game. I don't like how you said "idk what to do day 1 guise", that seemed scummy to me... I'm new and I figured out stuff to do day 1 when I was lurking this thread (and you've even played Mafia before!). Your votes for Ximbad made a little sense
while I was reading through, but after thinking about it I think you may have just been going for an easy mislynch of someone stuck in RVS for too long... FOS for you, my friend.

The Guardian:
Voting Manders for trying to softclaim was just bad... your pseudo FOS on Jones seemed misplaced as well... Then you jumped on the Ximbad train? I don't like you, though you haven't really done a whole lot. But what you've done so far hasn't convinced me you're on the town's side. FOS for you as well.

PhantomS:
I like your early vote for Guardian since he jumped on the Yanni train. I've said above how I like your read of Yanni, though while reading the thread, I must admit that I thought you were a little too insistent on him as well. It seems clear as day now, though, and I admire your early read. I'm eager to hear you (or someone else) tell me why you like the Ximbad train, though.

GR:
I don't like you're defense of Yanni throughout the thread... points a fairly large FOS at you since Yanni has
pretty much cracked at this point (at least, in my eyes). Also your votes for imopen2 and Ximbad (both of which I consider to be poor wagons) make you look even more suspicious.

Yanni:
Why did you refuse to give any reads or analysis until Manders explained her softclaim? Your votes are just as scummy as GR's (consisting of GR - perhaps to throw us off the scum trail - Manders, Ximbad and then imopen2). I think you and GR may be the real tag team here...

Manders:
I agree about Yanni being scummy, not so much on Ximbad, and I don't think Scumbag has really done enough to be considered scummy or otherwise at this point. Your main beef with him was his using Yanni's posting style to defend his poor play - I strongly disagree with your argument that posting style is irrelevant to mafia play, though ultimately I agree with the conclusion that that argument brought you to.

teefo:
I don't like how you initially tried to bring attention away from Yanni, that raised a huge red flag. Along with that,
you accused PhantomS and Jones of having an agenda - I don't think they would be dumb enough to gang up on Yanni, since if he turned up town at this point, it would look very bad for them. Also I agree with you about the ximbad wagon.

That's all for now.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 pm

So, the read that I'm getting is that N_S stayed off the Yanni wagon because he knew all along he was town despite the fact that Yanni played unreal scummy the entire game.

You know how a player knows another player is town on day one? Because they're scum. That's how. Now he's trying to cast suspicion on those on the Yanni wagon without actively pursuing anybody that voted Yanni. Typical passive-aggressive scum.

[
b]Vote: Col. Khaddafi[/b]
Which is exactly what I said ages ago that people scoffed at. :rolleyes:

Unvote Vote: Col. Khaddafi
You said it well before there was any reason to doubt the Yanni wagon. Girl, don't even.
I'm only quoting this because it's mindboggling.

What was the purpose of you making this statement? Was it an attempt to detract that I was the first to say that about Khaddafi? (Granted, of course we were both wrong, but I'm curious.)

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Allright then, since I'm being thrown under the bus by the Jones/PhantomS tag team, I'm gonna leave my recommendations.

1) If there is a protective role around, Yanni is the obvious target for tonight.
2) Yanni, you need to chose either kpaca or PhantomS for watching. If you make it long enough into the game, Ximbad is the third option
3) Everyone: just review day 1 and see how Jones/PhantomS have been playing tag team firstly trying to push an early lynch of Yanni on the ground he was a bad poster (lol) then turning on me for no other reason that I called people on voting Yanni all
the time/was the first to point out how people who had pushed for a claim (notoriously Jones/PhantomS) just set town back. As I said, trading a Cop+Watcher for a scum (Jones is likely vanilla) is a good head-up start here.
This is one of those posts that are tl;dr unless you flip town by some miracle.
Well, he did flip town, but this post is still tl;dr because I'm pretty sure everything in it is wrong.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Unvote. Vote Col Khadafii

GG.

Look on the bright side. If we are wrong, we get Yanni AND Kpaca!
Hammered Khaddafi without ever saying one thing about him.

Xander, prove me wrong, but you literally never mentioned Khaddafi in this game.

Psh.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Collecting the group in the middle of the cube in the morning it is quickly realized that teefo is missing. After a methodical search is made it turns out that all that remains of his life are some shards of glass and a chewed sock.

A collective sigh is heard, eerily laced with relief that it wasn't them who didn't make it to Morning.

teefo has been Nightkilled.

teefo was Gunter (Town Vanilla)

It is now Day Two.[/b:
g7cjgqdv]

With 10 Alive, it is 6 votes to Lynch.

Through re-reading, I see that the only person teefo expressed a lot of suspicion on is GR. He expressed some on Yanni, too.

I think having two out of three scum pegged warrants a night kill.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Why was teefo a target? I don't even...
Hmmm......

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Who do you want a T/S list from GR?
Shalako? lol

Not that they would give one, but I'd like to know what PhantomS and Mogadishu think.

Also, WTF with that Col.Khaddafi claim?
Why would you single out two
specific players without indicating why?
Just poking. The thing is that I don't think that T/S lists are going to be a thing today, it's not like I'm calling you two my main suspects or anything.
Day 2 is not the time to ask for T/S lists from people JUST TO POKE. Why did you select PhantomS and Jones?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm going to review teefo when I have time for clues. There's a reason he was targeted, and I'm going to find it. It may not tell me much now, but I'll find it.
I just reread Teef (didn't take long he didn't post much) and that only made me more confused by him being NK'd. All of his posts were very non-committal so I didn't really glean anything from reading him. It actually seems really strange that the scum would NK a player that posted so little, as he probably would've been a pretty easy target for experienced scum.
How did you miss that he
posted pretty positive suspicion of GR?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 pm

You are making no sense. I think that you are lying.

Vote Yanni
There's a bit of dialogue between GR and Yanni to get to this point (please go look at it yourselves) of GR interrogating Yanni. I can't tell if it's because he wants to catch Yanni in a lie (which he does) or if he's attempting to clear Yanni through evidence...which Yanni botches by mixing up watcher/tracker.

I'm leaning the latter, though.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 pm

I think I missed this before, but...
Did Manders just bring the hammer down and admit to using some sort of power role last night? This is the worst fucking game ever.
My statement...
like why the fuck are you guys willing to lynch the town investigative role like what the actual fuck
A watcher sees who their target targets.

You lied about your role.

Goddamn you, Yanni.

[color=#
8000BF]Vote: Yanni[/color]
No, PhantomS, my insight came from Yanni to have wanted to see whoever targeted me in case I was town.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Well guys, I kind of screwed the pooch on this one. I am the Flame Princess and I was a one-shot vig (town, obviously). Last night I targeted Captain Murphy because the entire game he seemed to be very passively guiding the conversation. There's not much else I can say than that I fucked up on this one.

Yesterday went by really quickly but I think some things of value can be gathered. For starters, we need to hear from EVERYBODY today. No exceptions.

Off the top of my head I would think that yesterday's lynch makes a very strong case for Kpaca being town (though he's a crafty devil. I'll never say 100% on him)and Mander's bringing the hammer down so loosely makes me rather suspicious of her going for the lynch on a scum buddy so as to appear town.
IIRC she was dismissive of day one's Yanni wagon. Need to reread some stuff, but I'm going to start things off today with a vote: Manders.
Just reporting that CM's death was listed as (of conflagration) and, according to Wikipedia, that means "a great and destructive fire that threatens human life, animal life, health, or property."

Story checks out. Yay for nearly-confirmed town.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

So, anyone want to admit to targeting me last night? Because I was definitely targeted.
How do you know?

Do you think it could have been Murphy checking on you?
Fishing for more information.

Alright, I think it's about time to reveal. (And, actually, I think it's about time for everyone to claim, so I'll start.)

Like I've already said, I'm The Ice King. My role is Town Vanilla. The night action PMs I've been getting don't say I was roleblocked, just that I was visited, so that's why I didn't know what was happening. I didn't do anything,
but was visited. I mean, that makes it obvious that I was roleblocked, but idk how I didn't put two and two together sooner. (I've known for a couple weeks IRL)

The reason I didn't want to claim this, if you haven't already figured it out, is DUH. IF THE MAFIA ARE ROLEBLOCKING ME, THEN THEY'RE NOT ROLEBLOCKING ANY TOWN POWER. I was laying it on thick hoping to fulfill the ultimate Vanilla goal (to be NKd by Mafia.)

So...there you go.

I want GR, The Guardian, and Ximbad to claim next, IN THAT ORDER.

PhantomS, Jones...any objections to that?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah, and I think I'm gonna be done re-reading this game now. I'm at the beginning of D3, but I haven't already seen whatever I thought I saw to make me think The Guardian is town. I'm pretty goddamn positive PhantomS is town and fairly certain Jones is town. That leaves two of Ximbad, The Guardian, and GR as our scum.

We need to mass-claim.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:23 am

So, anyone want to admit to targeting me last night? Because I was definitely targeted.
How do you know?

Do you think it could have been Murphy checking on you?
Fishing for more information.

Alright, I think it's about time to reveal. (And, actually, I think it's about time for everyone to claim, so I'll start.)

Like I've already said, I'm The Ice King. My role is Town Vanilla.
The night action PMs I've been getting don't say I was roleblocked, just that I was visited, so that's why I didn't know what was happening. I didn't do anything, but was visited. I mean, that makes it obvious that I was roleblocked, but idk how I didn't put two and two together sooner. (I've known for a couple weeks IRL)

The reason I didn't want to claim this, if you haven't already figured it out, is DUH. IF THE MAFIA ARE ROLEBLOCKING ME, THEN THEY'RE NOT ROLEBLOCKING ANY TOWN POWER. I was laying it on thick hoping to fulfill the ultimate Vanilla goal (to be NKd by Mafia.)

So...there you go.

PhantomS, Jones...any objections to that?
Quick question- which nights did you receive these PMs?

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Nights 2 and 3.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 am

I'll answer your questions and claim as soon as I'm not on a phone. Question: is it normal to be notified of visits like this as town vanilla?
That explains why people keep coming over for chicken nuggets

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 pm

I'll answer your questions and claim as soon as I'm not on a phone. Question: is it normal to be notified of visits like this as town vanilla?
It varies by moderator. I've seen it happen.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I need to re-read from the beginning. I don't get where this Yanni wagon came from. His defensiveness does raise an eyebrow, but I tend to agree with Col. Khaddafi. In my short experience with the game, people behaving like that have been usually townies playing poorly, and giving away an easy mislynch. Not that his posting after being confronted by PhantomS doesn't look scummy, but I keep that possibility open, for now.
Hesitance to join the Yanni wagon noted.
I was not convinced yet.
I don't think that being aggressive is scummy, especially on day 1. On the contrary, I assume mafia will try to start the game with a low profile. Sure, experienced players may tap on that, but in that case I will say it's a null tell.

On the other hand, that "tag-team" accusation, to call it that, is making my "spider-sense" tingle.

Vote: imopen2
Attempting to detract from the Yanni wagon? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Uh... no?

That said, I'm going out of the country tomorrow, for the rest of the week, and will be preparing for the trip today, so V/LA.
Finally gets on the Yanni wagon.[/quote:
4nkgvh1m]
Also, for someone who's "careful with votes" it's pretty dangerous to vote someone so close to lynch when you're going to be gone for the rest of the week.

How can you justify this?
I took my time with that vote. I was pretty sure the lynch was happening and even when I issued a V/LA I knew I still would have access to read the thread and quickly unvote if necessary. The V/LA was more so people wouldn't expect me to post or answer questions during my trip.
[quote="Captain Murphy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm":
4nkgvh1m]
Fair enough. I failed to factor in that this is your first mafia game.

Unvote
So?
I just tend to be careful when voting.
How do you explain that the two votes you made previous to this were not careful at all, but you voting as soon as you saw something worth voting?
Being careful doesn't mean that I won't vote, or that I will always be right when voting. In imopen2's case I unvoted because of that. I used a vote on you to try to get you to claim. Perhaps careful is not a precise word, but I like to have some reasoning behind my votes, and if I'm not sure of something, I will try to factor as many things as I can before issuing a vote.

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

About my claim, IDK if we have other power roles left, but I figure withholding what my role is is pretty much useless now, since we're all supposed to be claiming today and I don't think my ability will be much use if we don't lynch scum today.

I'm not really a princess, but my name is Doctor Princess. I think you can guess what my role is just out of flavor.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

We hadn't necessarily decided to do the mass-claim now, but ok.

Why is it when I go on wikipedia or here http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html that I can't find any information on Doctor Princess?

( G_R )
Tire Aficionado

Postby ( G_R ) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 pm

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Why is it when I go on wikipedia or here http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html that I can't find any information on Doctor Princess?
Doctor Princess was in one episode where she was abducted by the Ice King after birthing Gunther's offspring. Princess is a surname.

PhantomS
Tire Aficionado

Postby PhantomS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I think that the mass claim is definitely agreeable at this stage. I need to take some time to look over some things before I really have anything to add, but thought I'd make it clear that I'm pro mass claim.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

OH HEY WE HAZ MULTI-QUOTE OPTION NOW!

Postby Manders » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Why is it when I go on wikipedia or here http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/ ... index.html that I can't find any information on Doctor Princess?[/quote:
2w2owfqq]

Doctor Princess was in one episode where she was abducted by the Ice King after birthing Gunther's offspring. Princess is a surname.
I looked on that site and the wiki, but didn't see anything.

Ok. Just checking.
I think that the mass claim is definitely agreeable at this stage. I need to take some time to look over some things before I really have anything to add, but thought I'd make it clear that I'm pro mass claim.
Thanks for that.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 am

I don't like mander's story. But at the same time I've still got The Guardian's pegged as scum. I feel like manders was actively looking for reasons to throw suspition at ( G_R ) when she reread the game. If the scum get one more mislynch they win. So trying to throw suspition at ( G_R ) while also admitting that The guardian is pretty scummy would be a good plan for manders/the guardian scum team. Even if the guardian gets lynched she will have been for lynching him even though she was pushing for a ( G_R ) lynch.
Plus she keeps trying to say the if we mislynch we won't lose, maybe to distract us?

On the other hand she forgot that she was supposed to be being roleblocked and started throwing suspition at Phantasmo as a mafia strongarm or whatever.

What if manders and Phantasmo were scum
together? They could have an extra kill that phantasmo used then claimed instead of a roleblock.

This post where manders went out of her way to point out that phantasmo's claim matched the word "conflagration" rubbed me the wrong way. Her logic to confirm phantasmo isn't sound, as the flame princess could very well be scum, as there isn't any rhyme or reason to what role is on what side.
Well guys, I kind of screwed the pooch on this one. I am the Flame Princess and I was a one-shot vig (town, obviously). Last night I targeted Captain Murphy because the entire game he seemed to be very passively guiding the conversation. There's not much else I can say
than that I fucked up on this one.

Yesterday went by really quickly but I think some things of value can be gathered. For starters, we need to hear from EVERYBODY today. No exceptions.

Off the top of my head I would think that yesterday's lynch makes a very strong case for Kpaca being town (though he's a crafty devil. I'll never say 100% on him)and Mander's bringing the hammer down so loosely makes me rather suspicious of her going for the lynch on a scum buddy so as to appear town. IIRC she was dismissive of day one's Yanni wagon. Need to reread some stuff, but I'm going to start things off today with a vote: Manders.
Just reporting that CM's death was listed as (of conflagration) and, according to Wikipedia, that means "a great and destructive fire that threatens human life, animal life, health, or property."

Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

The Dark Guardian

Postby The Dark Guardian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 am

Lol at Captain Murphy. Just dismisses the wagon, and votes for me, despite not explaining why.

Ximbad was playing poorly, whether he understands the game or not. Also, you have been asked twice why you are voting for me, and have yet to explain why, aside from saying I "Mitt Romneyed" that wagon.
When have I never addressed a vote that I thought was poor? Aside from the usual suspects (ala Seppel)
Oh, that was CM pushing Yanni as dumb town, not Kpaca. He was against my Manders wagon.

Again, I feel bad now. I am taking notes now to try and prevent that from happening again.
Well, the alternative is that as scum I was praying that no one would go back an reread, realizing that I was lying when I said Jones was never on Yannus -_-.

Xander, prove me wrong, but you literally never mentioned Khaddafi in this game.

Psh.
Nope, but getting hard counterclaimed by Kpaca/Jones seemed a good reason.

I already claimed, so I am not sure why I am in that order list...

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:34 pm

I must have missed your claim.

I'll respond to the rest later, but nothing that's been said has swayed my mind.

We need to hear from PhantomS and Jones.

Mogadishu Jones
The Superfluous Man

Postby Mogadishu Jones » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Oh man stuff is happening I should pay attention more!

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I don't like mander's story.
What don't you like about it?
I feel like manders was actively looking for reasons to throw suspition at ( G_R ) when she reread the game.

What made you feel that way?
If the scum get one more mislynch they win. So trying to throw suspition at ( G_R ) while also admitting that The guardian is pretty scummy would be a good plan for manders/the guardian scum team. Even if the guardian gets lynched she will have been for lynching him even though she was pushing for a ( G_R ) lynch.
Plus she keeps trying to say the if we mislynch we won't
lose, maybe to distract us?
Pretty sure I've already conceded that point to The Guardian. ;)
On the other hand she forgot that she was supposed to be being roleblocked and started throwing suspition at Phantasmo as a mafia strongarm or whatever.

What if manders and Phantasmo were scum together? They could have an extra kill that phantasmo used then claimed instead of a roleblock.
I didn't forget being targeted. It's still possible that he is scum and a strongarm, but it's pretty unlikely. More likely that he's telling the truth.
This post where manders went out of her way to point out that phantasmo's claim matched the word "conflagration" rubbed me the wrong way. Her logic to confirm phantasmo isn't sound, as the flame princess could very well be scum, as there isn't any rhyme or reason to what role is on what side.
Well guys, I kind of screwed the pooch on this one. I am the Flame Princess and I was a one-shot vig (town, obviously). Last night I targeted Captain Murphy because the entire game he seemed to be very passively guiding the conversation. There's not much else I can say than that I fucked up on this one.

Off the top of my head I would think that yesterday's lynch makes a very strong case for Kpaca being town (though he's a crafty devil. I'll never say 100% on him)and Mander's bringing the hammer down so loosely makes me rather
suspicious of her going for the lynch on a scum buddy so as to appear town. IIRC she was dismissive of day one's Yanni wagon. Need to reread some stuff, but I'm going to start things off today with a vote: Manders.

That was me working shit out in my head...but not in my head. Do you deny that it's a good piece of evidence?
[quote=&
quot;The Guardian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:42 pm"]Lol at Captain Murphy. Just dismisses the wagon, and votes for me, despite not explaining why.

When have I never addressed a vote that I thought was poor? Aside from the usual suspects (ala Seppel)[/quote]
Fair enough. I do recall you doing so quite often.

Well, the alternative is that as scum I was praying that no one would go back an reread, realizing that I was lying when I said Jones was never on Yannus -_-.
No, the alternative is you didn't feel bad. I'm not saying you didn't accidentally do that. I'm sure you did.

Psh.
Nope, but getting hard counterclaimed by Kpaca/Jones seemed a good reason.
Hard counterclaimed?
Jones only countered his role name.
I already claimed, so I am
not sure why I am in that order list...
Then it must have been after the point where I stopped re-reading. I do not recall you doing so, though.
Oh man stuff is happening I should pay attention more!
I eagerly await your input.

Ximbad

Postby Ximbad » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 am

You changed your tune completely about the guardian AND you can't even justify the post where you said he was town. Even according to you there was no reason for you to say the guardian was town.
All of the points you made against him were weak.
That was me working shit out in my head...but not in my head. Do you deny that it's a good piece of evidence?
Yes.
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen.

Manders
Oozes fabulousness!!!

Postby Manders » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 pm

You changed your tune completely about the guardian AND you can't even justify the post where you said he was town. Even according to you there was no reason for you to say the guardian was town.
I had a gut feeling that was caused by something I saw at the time. When I re-read, I couldn't find this, so either it never happened, or recent events have overshadowed whatever I saw. It's up to you which one you believe.
All of the points you made against him were weak.[/quote]
So?
There's not always a strong case against scum.
That was me working shit out in my head...but not in
my head. Do you deny that it's a good piece of evidence?
Yes.
Then disprove it.

The good thing is Ximbad's most recent play is making me lean more towards town for him. He's actively investigating things that he sees as possible clues. Everything seems legitimately town.

Are you guys ready to lynch The Guardian yet? Does anyone else remember what he claimed?

Return to “Completed Games”